|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper refuse to do?
(a) Allow Catherine to move out of the house.
(b) Give Mr.Townsend a horse.
(c) Give his consent.
(d) Give Mr. Townsend a loan.
2. What does Catherine fear in Chapter 10?
(a) Upsetting Mr. Townsend.
(b) Upsetting her father.
(c) Upsetting Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Telling her father she married Mr. Townsend.
3. What does Mrs Penniman arrange to do in secret?
(a) See Mr. Townsend.
(b) See the judge.
(c) See Mrs. Almond.
(d) See Mrs. Montgomery.
4. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is not interested in Catherine.
(b) That he is worthy of Catherine.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is not after Catherine's money.
(d) That he is insistent on marrying despite Dr. Sloper's words.
5. What is Mrs. Montgomery hesitant to say anything about?
(a) How her husband died.
(b) How much of an income she has.
(c) Her family history.
(d) Her brother. Mr Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marian marrying?
2. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
3. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to forgo?
5. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who lives across town?
2. What does Dr. Sloper insist about Townsend?
3. How many children does Mrs. Sloper have?
4. What does Catherine's father tease her about?
5. What does Dr. Sloper remark about Catherine?
6. What does Catherine insist upon?
7. What is the relationship between Dr. Sloper and Miss Catherine Harrington in Chapter 1?
8. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage according to Chapter 6?
9. What concern does Dr. Sloper have regarding Catherine?
10. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Mr. Townsend's care for his sister's children?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)