|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) On Tuesdays.
(b) On Mondays.
(c) On Sundays.
(d) On Wednesdays.
2. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
3. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
(a) Mr. Corn.
(b) Mr. Almond.
(c) Mr. Seed.
(d) Mr. Peanut.
4. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
(a) Washington Square.
(b) The Almond's house.
(c) The St. Thomas Church.
(d) Mrs. Montgomery's.
5. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing to impress the person he is meeting?
(a) Return the horse Catherine gave him.
(b) Go back to school.
(c) Become his apprentice.
(d) Work a lowly job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Catherine towards others?
2. How does Mrs Montgomery describe her brother?
3. What does Dr. Sloper assure Mrs Montgomery?
4. Who does Dr. Sloper find in the room with the person with whom he wants to talk ?
5. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Catherine in Chapter 8?
2. What causes Mrs. Penniman distress?
3. Where does Dr. Sloper move his family in Chapter 3 and why?
4. Why is Catherine afraid in Chapter 10?
5. How many children does Mrs. Sloper have?
6. What does Catherine insist upon?
7. What does Catherine's father tease her about?
8. What does Dr. Sloper question Mr. Townsend about in Chapter 7?
9. What does Dr. Sloper tell Mrs. Almond?
10. What does Mr. Townsend do after he stops going to Washington Square?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)