|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
(a) That her narcissism will influence Catherine.
(b) That her realism will influence Catherine.
(c) That her feminism will influence Catherine.
(d) That her romanticism will influence Catherine.
2. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he talk to Townsend's cousin.
(b) That he meet with Mr. Townsend's sister.
(c) That he not try to go against his daughter's choice.
(d) That he look at an old newpaper about the Townsend family.
3. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A few days.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few weeks.
4. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
(a) Two towns over.
(b) In Boston.
(c) On the same street.
(d) Across town.
5. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets do in response to his visit?
(a) Remains alone all day.
(b) Sends Mrs Penniman to wait.
(c) Sneaks out of the house.
(d) Keeps Catherine in her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Catherine meet Mr. Townsend?
2. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
3. What is Catherine state of mind at the start of Chapter 17?
4. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
5. With what is Dr. Sloper annoyed in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Mrs. Penniman distress?
2. Who has returned to New York and why?
3. What does Mr. Townsend do after he stops going to Washington Square?
4. What does Mr. Townsend claim in Chapter 12?
5. What does Dr. Sloper insist in Chapter 11?
6. Who lives across town?
7. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Catherine in Chapter 8?
8. What conversation does Dr. Sloper have with Mr. Townsend in Chapter 9?
9. What does Catherine's father tease her about?
10. Where does Dr. Sloper move his family in Chapter 3 and why?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)