|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
(a) That Mrs. Almond prevent Mr. Townsend from staying at her house.
(b) That Mrs. Montgomery come to see him at his practice.
(c) To meet Mr. Townsend privately.
(d) To meet with Mrs. Montgomery.
2. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
(d) New York.
3. With whom does Dr Sloper want to talk?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His sister.
4. For what does Mr. Townsend not provide?
(a) His ex wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His children.
(d) His sister's children.
5. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
(a) That he wants to marry her.
(b) That her father likes him.
(c) That her father dislikes him.
(d) That her father is a great man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Dr Sloper in Chapter 1?
2. Where does Dr. Sloper move in Chapter 3?
3. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
4. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
5. When does Catherine speak to her father in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Dr. Sloper invited in Chapter 14?
2. What does Dr. Sloper question Mr. Townsend about in Chapter 7?
3. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine about her father?
4. What will Dr. Sloper not bend on?
5. What does Dr. Sloper insist about Townsend?
6. What does Catherine's father tease her about?
7. What concern does Dr. Sloper have regarding Catherine?
8. Where does Dr. Sloper move his family in Chapter 3 and why?
9. Who is Marian and to whom does she introduce Catherine in Chapter 4?
10. Why is Catherine afraid in Chapter 10?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)