|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
(a) It has become surrounded with businesses.
(b) It has become surrounded with new rich.
(c) It has become surrounded with annoying neighbors.
(d) It has become surrounded with factories.
2. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
(a) Her father.
(b) His cousin.
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
3. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
(a) That her romanticism will influence Catherine.
(b) That her narcissism will influence Catherine.
(c) That her realism will influence Catherine.
(d) That her feminism will influence Catherine.
4. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets do in response to his visit?
(a) Remains alone all day.
(b) Sends Mrs Penniman to wait.
(c) Keeps Catherine in her room.
(d) Sneaks out of the house.
5. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
(a) That Mr. Townsend might be married.
(b) That Mrs. Penniman might have found her next husband.
(c) That Catherine might elope.
(d) That Mr. Townsend might propose to Catherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
2. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
3. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
4. How old is Dr Sloper in Chapter 1?
5. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Mrs. Penniman distress?
2. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine about her father?
3. Where is Dr. Sloper invited in Chapter 14?
4. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Catherine in Chapter 8?
5. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Mr. Townsend's care for his sister's children?
6. What does Dr. Sloper insist in Chapter 11?
7. How many children does Mrs. Sloper have?
8. Who comes to visit Catherine and her aunt in Chapter 5?
9. What does Catherine's father tease her about?
10. What concern does Dr. Sloper have regarding Catherine?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)