|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Dr Sloper want to talk?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His sister.
2. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
(b) His cousin.
(c) Dr. Sloper.
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
3. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine?
(a) That her father wounded him.
(b) That her father is out to get him.
(c) That her father wants her married.
(d) That her father likes him.
4. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
(a) Talking to Mr. Townsend.
(b) Entertaining her cousin's fiance.
(c) Looking out the window.
(d) Sitting and listening.
5. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to forgo?
(a) Her father's will.
(b) Mr. Townsend's refusal to marry without her father's consent.
(c) Her father's advice.
(d) Her father's consent.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
2. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
3. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
4. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
5. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Catherine in Chapter 8?
2. What does Catherine's father tease her about?
3. What does Dr. Sloper question Mr. Townsend about in Chapter 7?
4. According to Chapter 2, who is Mrs. Penniman and what does she do?
5. Why is Catherine afraid in Chapter 10?
6. What is the relationship between Dr. Sloper and Miss Catherine Harrington in Chapter 1?
7. What causes Mrs. Penniman distress?
8. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine about her father?
9. Where does Dr. Sloper move his family in Chapter 3 and why?
10. What does Dr. Sloper insist in Chapter 11?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)