|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
(a) Encourage the relationship between Mr. Townsend and his daughter.
(b) Get his daughter married as soon as possible.
(c) Teach his daughter a lesson.
(d) Learn about Mr. Townsend.
2. What does Mrs. Penniman think her advice would cause Dr. Sloper to do?
(a) Accept that Mr. Townsend is worthy of his daughter.
(b) Accept Mr. Townsend and Catherine's union.
(c) Accept that he has been a jerk.
(d) Accept that a man does not need a job to marry.
3. What does Dr. Sloper insist Mr Townsend wants?
(a) To marry her for her money.
(b) Access to Dr. Sloper's rich patients.
(c) A loan.
(d) A horse.
4. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
(c) New York.
5. Who does Dr. Sloper find in the room with the person with whom he wants to talk ?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(c) Mrs. Almond.
(d) His nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
2. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
3. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to forgo?
5. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine about her father?
2. What does Dr. Sloper tell Mrs. Almond?
3. Where does Dr. Sloper move his family in Chapter 3 and why?
4. What does Dr. Sloper question Mr. Townsend about in Chapter 7?
5. Where is Dr. Sloper invited in Chapter 14?
6. What conversation does Dr. Sloper have with Mr. Townsend in Chapter 9?
7. Who comes to visit Catherine and her aunt in Chapter 5?
8. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Mr. Townsend's care for his sister's children?
9. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to do in Chapter 17?
10. Who has returned to New York and why?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)