|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His brother-in-law.
(c) His son.
(d) His sister.
2. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
(b) His cousin.
(c) Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Dr. Sloper.
3. What does Mr. Townsend insist on doing elsewhere?
(a) Meeting Catherine's father.
(b) Marrying Catherine.
(d) Meeting with Catherine.
4. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1810's.
(b) In the 1840's.
(c) In the 1830's.
(d) In the 1820's.
5. How old is Dr Sloper in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Catherine meet Mr. Townsend?
2. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister?
3. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
4. What does Mr. Townsend teach to his sister's children?
5. Who does Dr. Sloper find in the room with the person with whom he wants to talk ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman suggest and how does Mr. Townsend feel about it in Chapter 16?
2. Where is Dr. Sloper invited in Chapter 14?
3. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Mr. Townsend's care for his sister's children?
4. Why does Dr. Sloper become annoyed with Catherine in Chapter 15?
5. What does Catherine insist upon?
6. Who comes to visit Catherine and her aunt in Chapter 5?
7. What will Dr. Sloper not bend on?
8. What does Dr. Sloper question Mr. Townsend about in Chapter 7?
9. What is the relationship between Dr. Sloper and Miss Catherine Harrington in Chapter 1?
10. What concern does Dr. Sloper have regarding Catherine?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)