|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mrs. Montgomery's house according to Chapter 14?
(a) Large and decrepit.
(b) Small and modest.
(c) Small and cozy.
(d) Large and well decorated.
2. What does Dr. Sloper tease Catherine about?
(a) Her being in love.
(b) Her making friends.
(c) Her outgrowing her stoutness.
(d) Her sudden beauty.
3. What does Mrs. Penniman say in the secret meeting in Chapter 16?
(a) That he should marry Catherine in secret.
(b) That he should run away.
(c) That he should meet Dr. Sloper in private.
(d) That he should get a job to prove his worth.
4. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her friend. Caroline.
(d) Her cousin.
5. What does Mr. Townsend say he does not want to do any longer?
(a) Go to Washington Square.
(b) Cross paths with her father.
(c) Talk to her.
(d) Talk to Mrs. Penniman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
2. To whom is Catherine close?
3. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
4. What does Dr. Sloper assure Mrs Montgomery?
5. Who does Dr Sloper offend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to do in Chapter 17?
2. What will Dr. Sloper not bend on?
3. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine about her father?
4. Where does Dr. Sloper move his family in Chapter 3 and why?
5. What causes Mrs. Penniman distress?
6. What does Catherine's father tease her about?
7. According to Chapter 2, who is Mrs. Penniman and what does she do?
8. Who is Marian and to whom does she introduce Catherine in Chapter 4?
9. What does Dr. Sloper insist in Chapter 11?
10. What is the relationship between Dr. Sloper and Miss Catherine Harrington in Chapter 1?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)