Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is not interested in Catherine.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is not after Catherine's money.
(c) That he is insistent on marrying despite Dr. Sloper's words.
(d) That he is worthy of Catherine.
2. What does Mr. Townsend say he does not want to do any longer?
(a) Go to Washington Square.
(b) Talk to Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Talk to her.
(d) Cross paths with her father.
3. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Propose to Catherine.
(b) Talk to Catherine's father.
(c) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
(d) Elope with Catherine.
4. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
(a) To meet Mr. Townsend privately.
(b) To meet with Mrs. Montgomery.
(c) That Mrs. Montgomery come to see him at his practice.
(d) That Mrs. Almond prevent Mr. Townsend from staying at her house.
5. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
(a) To see if he can help her.
(b) To learn how to get rid of Mr. Townsend.
(c) To meet Catherine's future sister-in-law.
(d) To learn about Mr. Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
2. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
3. Where does Catherine meet Mr. Townsend?
4. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing to impress the person he is meeting?
5. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper do in Chapter 33?
2. What concern does Dr. Sloper have regarding Catherine?
3. Who lives across town?
4. What does Catherine learn of Townsend in Chapter 34?
5. What does Dr. Sloper tell Mrs. Almond?
6. What news does Mrs. Penniman give unceremoniously?
7. Why is Mrs. Penniman disappointed in Chapter 23?
8. What is the relationship like between Mrs. Penniman and Mr. Townsend in Chapter 28?
9. What does Dr. Sloper tell Mrs. Almond in Chapter 21?
10. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister in Chapter 13?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)