|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few months.
2. Of what does Dr Sloper's sister take control?
(a) The raising of Catherine.
(b) Dr. Sloper's love life.
(c) The house work.
(d) Dr. Sloper's practice.
3. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
(a) That Mr. Townsend might propose to Catherine.
(b) That Mr. Townsend might be married.
(c) That Mrs. Penniman might have found her next husband.
(d) That Catherine might elope.
4. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
(a) At her cousin's house.
(b) At her house.
(c) At a library.
(d) In a park.
5. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
(a) His younger sister.
(b) His older sister.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) Mrs. Montgomery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman arrange to do in secret?
2. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
3. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
4. Where does Dr. Sloper move in Chapter 3?
5. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine about her father?
2. What will Dr. Sloper not bend on?
3. What does Dr. Sloper tell Mrs. Almond?
4. What does Dr. Sloper insist in Chapter 11?
5. Why is Catherine afraid in Chapter 10?
6. According to Chapter 2, who is Mrs. Penniman and what does she do?
7. What does Dr. Sloper question Mr. Townsend about in Chapter 7?
8. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage according to Chapter 6?
9. What does Mr. Townsend do after he stops going to Washington Square?
10. Who is Marian and to whom does she introduce Catherine in Chapter 4?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)