|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dr. Sloper's son die?
(a) At age 4.
(b) At age 6.
(c) At age 5.
(d) At age 3.
2. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) His younger sister.
(c) Mrs. Montgomery.
(d) His older sister.
3. With whom does Dr Sloper want to talk?
(a) His sister.
(b) His nephew.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) His brother-in-law.
4. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
(a) It has become surrounded with factories.
(b) It has become surrounded with annoying neighbors.
(c) It has become surrounded with new rich.
(d) It has become surrounded with businesses.
5. With what is Dr. Sloper annoyed in Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Penniman's involvement with Mr. Townsend.
(b) Catherine's commitment to Mr. Townsend.
(c) Mrs. Almond's overbearing comments about Catherine.
(d) Catherine always talking about Mr. Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
2. How does Mrs Montgomery describe her brother?
3. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets do in response to his visit?
4. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
5. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage according to Chapter 6?
2. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Mr. Townsend's care for his sister's children?
3. What concern does Dr. Sloper have regarding Catherine?
4. What disappointment does Catherine suffer in regards to Mr. Townsend?
5. Why is Catherine afraid in Chapter 10?
6. Why do Mr. Townsend and Catherine argue in Chapter 29?
7. How many children does Mrs. Sloper have?
8. What is Mrs. Penniman told by Dr. Sloper in Chapter 19?
9. What does Dr. Sloper pledge?
10. What causes Mrs. Penniman distress?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)