|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
(a) Take a loan.
(b) Talk to her father.
(c) Buy a horse.
(d) Talk to his sister.
2. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
3. Where does Catherine meet her first beau?
(a) In a park.
(b) A party.
(c) A trip to the spa.
(d) A fitting at a dress store.
4. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Talk to Catherine's father.
(b) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
(c) Propose to Catherine.
(d) Elope with Catherine.
5. Who does Mr. Townsend insist he does not live off?
(a) His sister.
(b) His nephew.
(d) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
2. How is Mrs. Montgomery's house according to Chapter 14?
3. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
4. What does Catherine hope to accomplish?
5. How is Catherine towards others?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend do after he stops going to Washington Square?
2. Where is Dr. Sloper invited in Chapter 14?
3. What is the relationship between Dr. Sloper and Miss Catherine Harrington in Chapter 1?
4. What does Mr. Townsend claim in Chapter 12?
5. Who lives across town?
6. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine about her father?
7. What does Catherine insist upon?
8. What does Dr. Sloper insist about Townsend?
9. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Catherine in Chapter 8?
10. What does Mrs. Penniman suggest and how does Mr. Townsend feel about it in Chapter 16?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)