|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Catherine close?
(a) Her siblings.
(b) Her best friend Caroline.
(c) Her cousins.
(d) Her father.
2. What does Catherine agree to do?
(a) Marry Mr. Townsend.
(b) Move out of the house with Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Talk to her father about her engagement.
(d) Move in with Mr. Townsend.
3. How is Catherine towards others?
4. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
(a) His son.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) His cousin.
5. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her friend. Caroline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Sloper find in the room with the person with whom he wants to talk ?
2. Who is Marian marrying?
3. What is Mrs. Montgomery hesitant to say anything about?
4. How old is Dr Sloper in Chapter 1?
5. What does Mrs Penniman encourage Catherine to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend do after he stops going to Washington Square?
2. What will Dr. Sloper not bend on?
3. What concern does Dr. Sloper have regarding Catherine?
4. Who comes to visit Catherine and her aunt in Chapter 5?
5. What causes Mrs. Penniman distress?
6. What does Dr. Sloper insist about Townsend?
7. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister in Chapter 13?
8. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine about her father?
9. How many children does Mrs. Sloper have?
10. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Catherine in Chapter 8?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)