|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
2. Who does Dr. Sloper find in the room with the person with whom he wants to talk ?
(a) Mrs. Almond.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) His nephew.
3. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister Mrs Almond.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
4. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
(a) Take a loan.
(b) Buy a horse.
(c) Talk to his sister.
(d) Talk to her father.
5. Of what does Mr. Townsend say he took charge?
(a) His niece and nephew's play time.
(b) His sister's financials.
(c) His sister's mortgage.
(d) His niece's and nephew's education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper insist Mr Townsend wants?
2. With what is Dr. Sloper annoyed in Chapter 15?
3. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
4. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 13?
5. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman suggest and how does Mr. Townsend feel about it in Chapter 16?
2. Who lives across town?
3. What does Dr. Sloper question Mr. Townsend about in Chapter 7?
4. What causes Mrs. Penniman distress?
5. Who comes to visit Catherine and her aunt in Chapter 5?
6. Where does Dr. Sloper move his family in Chapter 3 and why?
7. What does Catherine's father tease her about?
8. What conversation does Dr. Sloper have with Mr. Townsend in Chapter 9?
9. Why does Dr. Sloper become annoyed with Catherine in Chapter 15?
10. What is the relationship between Dr. Sloper and Miss Catherine Harrington in Chapter 1?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)