|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Dr Sloper want to talk?
(a) His nephew.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) His sister.
2. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her friend. Caroline.
(d) Her aunt.
3. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister?
(a) That she raise Catherine to be clever.
(b) That she raise Catherine to be beautiful.
(c) That she raise Catherine to be prissy.
(d) That she raise Catherine to be a good wife.
4. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) Because of a family obligation.
(b) For money.
(c) Because of a religious obligation.
(d) For love.
5. With what is Dr. Sloper annoyed in Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Almond's overbearing comments about Catherine.
(b) Catherine always talking about Mr. Townsend.
(c) Catherine's commitment to Mr. Townsend.
(d) Mrs. Penniman's involvement with Mr. Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
2. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
3. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to forgo?
5. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper question Mr. Townsend about in Chapter 7?
2. What does Mr. Townsend do after he stops going to Washington Square?
3. What does Dr. Sloper tell Mrs. Almond?
4. What does Dr. Sloper insist in Chapter 11?
5. Where does Dr. Sloper move his family in Chapter 3 and why?
6. Who lives across town?
7. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to do in Chapter 17?
8. What does Dr. Sloper pledge?
9. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine about her father?
10. How many children does Mrs. Sloper have?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)