|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
(a) 30,000 a year.
(b) 20,000 a year.
(c) 10,000 a year.
(d) 40,000 a year.
2. What does Mr. Townsend say he does not want to do any longer?
(a) Talk to Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Talk to her.
(c) Go to Washington Square.
(d) Cross paths with her father.
3. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
(a) Get his daughter married as soon as possible.
(b) Encourage the relationship between Mr. Townsend and his daughter.
(c) Teach his daughter a lesson.
(d) Learn about Mr. Townsend.
4. Who is Marian marrying?
(a) A stock broker.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A store owner.
5. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
(a) Justifying himself to others.
(b) Visiting his sister.
(c) Speaking with Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Coming to Washington Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
2. What does Mrs Penniman arrange to do in secret?
3. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
4. With whom does Dr Sloper want to talk?
5. What does Dr. Sloper tease Catherine about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper remark about Catherine?
2. Why does Dr. Sloper become annoyed with Catherine in Chapter 15?
3. What does Mr. Townsend do after he stops going to Washington Square?
4. What conversation does Dr. Sloper have with Mr. Townsend in Chapter 9?
5. What does Catherine insist upon?
6. What does Dr. Sloper insist in Chapter 11?
7. Who lives across town?
8. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage according to Chapter 6?
9. What concern does Dr. Sloper have regarding Catherine?
10. What will Dr. Sloper not bend on?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)