|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marian marrying?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A stock broker.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A store owner.
2. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1830's.
(b) In the 1820's.
(c) In the 1840's.
(d) In the 1810's.
3. What does Mrs Penniman encourage Catherine to do?
(a) Continue to see Mr. Townsend.
(b) Continue to persuade her father.
(c) Continue to send messages through Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Continue to send love letters.
4. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
(a) By teasing her about her cousin marrying.
(b) By teasing her about Mr. Townsend's proposing to her.
(c) By telling her about her physical shortcomings.
(d) By telling her about her intelligence shortfall.
5. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) On Tuesdays.
(b) On Mondays.
(c) On Sundays.
(d) On Wednesdays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman arrange to do in secret?
2. What does Catherine hope to accomplish?
3. When does Catherine speak to her father in Chapter 11?
4. What does Mr. Townsend teach to his sister's children?
5. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has returned to New York and why?
2. What does Dr. Sloper insist in Chapter 11?
3. Where does Dr. Sloper move his family in Chapter 3 and why?
4. Where is Dr. Sloper invited in Chapter 14?
5. What does Mr. Townsend claim in Chapter 12?
6. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Mr. Townsend's care for his sister's children?
7. Why does Dr. Sloper become annoyed with Catherine in Chapter 15?
8. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Catherine in Chapter 8?
9. Why is Catherine afraid in Chapter 10?
10. What does Dr. Sloper question Mr. Townsend about in Chapter 7?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)