|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper pledge to Mrs. Montgomery?
(a) A horse.
(b) Work on her home.
(c) His support.
2. With whom does Dr Sloper want to talk?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His brother-in-law.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) His sister.
3. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
(a) Her friend. Caroline.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her father.
4. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
(a) Talk to her father.
(b) Talk to his sister.
(c) Buy a horse.
(d) Take a loan.
5. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 13?
(a) Mrs. Montgomery.
(b) His sister, Mrs Almond.
(c) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper assure Mrs Montgomery?
2. What worries Mr. Townsend about Mrs Penniman's advice?
3. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
4. Who does Mr. Townsend insist he does not live off?
5. What is Mrs. Montgomery hesitant to say anything about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine about her father?
2. What does Catherine claim?
3. What will Dr. Sloper not bend on?
4. What concern does Dr. Sloper have regarding Catherine?
5. Who comes to visit Catherine and her aunt in Chapter 5?
6. Why is Catherine afraid in Chapter 10?
7. What does Catherine's father tease her about?
8. Who is Marian and to whom does she introduce Catherine in Chapter 4?
9. What does Dr. Sloper announce after six months abroad according to Chapter 24?
10. What does Dr. Sloper ask of Catherine?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)