|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Dr. Sloper annoyed in Chapter 15?
(a) Catherine always talking about Mr. Townsend.
(b) Mrs. Almond's overbearing comments about Catherine.
(c) Catherine's commitment to Mr. Townsend.
(d) Mrs. Penniman's involvement with Mr. Townsend.
2. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her friend. Caroline.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her aunt.
3. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
(a) Buy a horse.
(b) Take a loan.
(c) Talk to her father.
(d) Talk to his sister.
4. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) On Sundays.
(b) On Tuesdays.
(c) On Mondays.
(d) On Wednesdays.
5. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
(a) That her father likes him.
(b) That her father dislikes him.
(c) That he wants to marry her.
(d) That her father is a great man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper assure Mrs Montgomery?
2. How old is Dr Sloper in Chapter 1?
3. What does Catherine hope to accomplish?
4. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
5. What is Mrs. Montgomery hesitant to say anything about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Mr. Townsend's care for his sister's children?
2. What does Mr. Townsend do after he stops going to Washington Square?
3. According to Chapter 2, who is Mrs. Penniman and what does she do?
4. What conversation does Dr. Sloper have with Mr. Townsend in Chapter 9?
5. Why is Catherine afraid in Chapter 10?
6. Where does Dr. Sloper move his family in Chapter 3 and why?
7. Why does Dr. Sloper become annoyed with Catherine in Chapter 15?
8. What does Dr. Sloper insist about Townsend?
9. What does Dr. Sloper tell Mrs. Almond?
10. What concern does Dr. Sloper have regarding Catherine?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)