|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
(a) He wants to keep busy.
(b) He wants to make a difference in the world.
(c) He lost his small fortune.
(d) He wants to impress his sister.
2. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister?
(a) That she raise Catherine to be beautiful.
(b) That she raise Catherine to be clever.
(c) That she raise Catherine to be prissy.
(d) That she raise Catherine to be a good wife.
3. When does Dr. Sloper's son die?
(a) At age 3.
(b) At age 6.
(c) At age 5.
(d) At age 4.
4. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
(a) 40,000 a year.
(b) 10,000 a year.
(c) 30,000 a year.
(d) 20,000 a year.
5. Where does Dr. Sloper move in Chapter 3?
(a) To Boston Square.
(b) To Washington Square.
(c) To Boston Circle.
(d) To Washington Circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper assure Mrs Montgomery?
2. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
3. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
4. Who is Marian marrying?
5. What does Catherine fear in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Catherine afraid in Chapter 10?
2. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to do in Chapter 17?
3. What does Dr. Sloper insist in Chapter 11?
4. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Catherine in Chapter 8?
5. How many children does Mrs. Sloper have?
6. Why does Dr. Sloper become annoyed with Catherine in Chapter 15?
7. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage according to Chapter 6?
8. What does Mr. Townsend do after he stops going to Washington Square?
9. Who comes to visit Catherine and her aunt in Chapter 5?
10. What does Mr. Townsend claim in Chapter 12?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)