|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Talk to Catherine's father.
(b) Elope with Catherine.
(c) Propose to Catherine.
(d) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
2. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) On Sundays.
(b) On Wednesdays.
(c) On Tuesdays.
(d) On Mondays.
3. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
(a) Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Catherine and Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Mrs. Almond.
4. How is Mrs. Montgomery's house according to Chapter 14?
(a) Large and well decorated.
(b) Small and cozy.
(c) Small and modest.
(d) Large and decrepit.
5. What does Dr. Sloper refuse to do?
(a) Allow Catherine to move out of the house.
(b) Give Mr. Townsend a loan.
(c) Give his consent.
(d) Give Mr.Townsend a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Mr. Townsend not provide?
2. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
3. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 13?
4. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
5. Of what does Dr Sloper's sister take control?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper remark about Catherine?
2. What does Dr. Sloper ask of Catherine?
3. What does Dr. Sloper do in Chapter 33?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman suggest and how does Mr. Townsend feel about it in Chapter 16?
5. What does Dr. Sloper announce after six months abroad according to Chapter 24?
6. What does Dr. Sloper insist about Townsend?
7. Who is Marian and to whom does she introduce Catherine in Chapter 4?
8. What does Mr. Townsend do after he stops going to Washington Square?
9. What does Catherine claim?
10. What does Dr. Sloper tell Mrs. Almond?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)