|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Mr. Townsend not provide?
(a) His children.
(b) His sister.
(c) His ex wife.
(d) His sister's children.
2. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine?
(a) That her father wounded him.
(b) That her father likes him.
(c) That her father wants her married.
(d) That her father is out to get him.
3. What does Catherine fear in Chapter 10?
(a) Upsetting Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Upsetting her father.
(c) Upsetting Mr. Townsend.
(d) Telling her father she married Mr. Townsend.
4. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
5. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
(a) By teasing her about her cousin marrying.
(b) By telling her about her intelligence shortfall.
(c) By telling her about her physical shortcomings.
(d) By teasing her about Mr. Townsend's proposing to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
2. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
3. To whom is Catherine close?
4. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
5. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many children does Mrs. Sloper have?
2. What does Dr. Sloper tell Mrs. Almond?
3. Where does Dr. Sloper move his family in Chapter 3 and why?
4. What does Dr. Sloper insist about Townsend?
5. Who has returned to New York and why?
6. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to do in Chapter 17?
7. Why is Catherine afraid in Chapter 10?
8. What does Mr. Townsend claim in Chapter 12?
9. What does Dr. Sloper remark about Catherine?
10. What causes Mrs. Penniman distress?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)