|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Catherine accept a proposal?
(b) Mr. Creddy.
(c) Mr. Anderson.
(d) Mr. Tomson.
2. What is Catherine pleased to learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend chose a wedding date.
(b) That Mr. Townsend entered into a business partnership with another man.
(c) That Mr. Townsend chose a church for their wedding.
(d) That Mr. Townsend has secured a new residence.
3. Catherine begs out of what?
(a) A visit to Mr. Townsend.
(b) A visit to her cousin.
(c) A visit to the park.
(d) Sunday's service.
4. Why does Mrs. Penniman write to Mr. Townsend in Chapter 28?
(a) To ask that he elope.
(b) To ask to meet him.
(c) To have a family intervention.
(d) To meet with Catherine.
5. What does Dr. Sloper suggest Catherine and him do?
(a) Take a trip to Africa.
(b) Take a trip to Europe.
(c) Take a trip through America.
(d) Take a trip to Western Europe.
6. How long are Catherine and her father supposed to spend in Europe?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 9 months.
7. What is Catherine disappointed about?
(a) Mr. Townsend will not meet her in Europe.
(b) Mr. Townsend is not coming to Europe.
(c) Mr. Townsend will not wait for her much longer.
(d) Mr. Townsend has to get a job.
8. Who is Mrs. Penniman forbid to see in Chapter 19?
(a) Mrs. Montgomery.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) Mrs. Almond.
9. Who is Mrs Penniman defending?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) Dr. Sloper.
(c) Mrs. Almond.
10. Who continues to hear from Mr. Townsend?
(a) His Cousin.
(c) Dr. Sloper
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
11. How long do Catherine and her father end up spending in Europe?
(a) 15 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 12 months.
12. How is Catherine convinced to change her mind?
(a) Mrs. Penniman says it's good for her.
(b) Mr. Townsend tells her how important it is for her.
(c) Dr. Sloper says that she must to gain his consent.
(d) Dr. Sloper says it's important for her.
13. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 18?
(a) That she still wants to marry him.
(b) That she wants him to get a job.
(c) That she wants to wait.
(d) That she wants to run away.
14. Who forbids Mrs Penniman to interfere?
(a) Mrs. Almond.
(b) Dr. Sloper.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
15. What does Mrs Penniman suggest Mr Townsend do?
(a) Wait to marry Catherine.
(b) Change Dr. Sloper's mind before they leave.
(c) Get a job while they are gone.
(d) Follow Catherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Townsend does not want Catherine to suffer the indignity of what?
2. Where are Catherine and her father after 6 months in Europe?
3. What does Catherine think of her actions?
4. How many proposals does Catherine receive in the years after her break up with Mr. Townsend according to Chapter 32?
5. How old is Dr. Sloper in Chapter 33?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)