|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend ask Mr Penniman to do for him?
(a) Pave the way for them to move.
(b) Pave the way for a new job.
(c) Pave the way to elope.
(d) Pave the way for a breakup.
2. Who is always supporting Dr. Sloper?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Mrs. Montgomery.
(d) Mrs. Almond.
3. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine not to do?
(a) Move out.
(b) Move the wedding date up.
(d) Give up her inheritance.
4. How old is Dr. Sloper in Chapter 33?
5. With whom does Mrs. Penniman argue in Chapter 27?
(b) Mrs. Almond.
(c) Dr. Sloper.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
6. Where is Mr Townsend in Chapter 34?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) At Washington Square.
(c) At Mrs. Penniman's house.
(d) At Marian's house.
7. How many proposals does Catherine receive in the years after her break up with Mr. Townsend according to Chapter 32?
8. What does Catherine ask Mrs. Penniman in Chapter 34?
(a) Not to talk to her.
(b) Not to write letters to Mr. Townsend.
(c) Not to talk about Mr. Townsend.
(d) Not to leave the house.
9. Why does Mrs. Penniman write to Mr. Townsend in Chapter 28?
(a) To ask to meet him.
(b) To ask that he elope.
(c) To have a family intervention.
(d) To meet with Catherine.
10. What does Dr. Sloper suggest Catherine and him do?
(a) Take a trip to Africa.
(b) Take a trip to Western Europe.
(c) Take a trip through America.
(d) Take a trip to Europe.
11. Why does Catherine want to leave the house?
(a) She wants to to live with Mr. Townsend out of wedlock.
(b) She can't stand Mrs. Penniman's interference.
(c) She doesn't want to live with Mrs. Penniman.
(d) She doesn't want to follow her father's rules anymore.
12. How much time passes between Chapter 34 and 35?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
13. From whom does Catherine accept a proposal?
(a) Mr. Anderson.
(c) Mr. Creddy.
(d) Mr. Tomson.
14. How long do Catherine and her father end up spending in Europe?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 15 months.
15. Catherine begs out of what?
(a) A visit to Mr. Townsend.
(b) A visit to the park.
(c) A visit to her cousin.
(d) Sunday's service.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman suggest Mr Townsend do?
2. What does Catherine refuse to do in Chapter 30?
3. What date does Mr. Townsend refuse to set in Chapter 21?
4. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine about before heading back to the U.S.?
5. Where does Mr Townsend tell Catherine he is going in Chapter 29?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)