|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Dr. Sloper in Chapter 33?
2. What does Mrs. Penniman assume considering Catherine's behavior?
(a) That Mr. Townsend has been courting multiple women.
(b) That Mr. Townsend has left without warning.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is marrying another.
(d) That Mr. Townsend ended their engagement.
3. What promise does Catherine refuse to make to her father?
(a) That she will not marry.
(b) That she will not contest the will.
(c) That she will not give money away.
(d) That she will not marry Mr. Townsend upon his death.
4. Catherine begs out of what?
(a) A visit to the park.
(b) A visit to Mr. Townsend.
(c) A visit to her cousin.
(d) Sunday's service.
5. How long do Catherine and her father end up spending in Europe?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 15 months.
(d) 10 months.
6. What does Dr. Sloper suggest Catherine and him do?
(a) Take a trip through America.
(b) Take a trip to Western Europe.
(c) Take a trip to Europe.
(d) Take a trip to Africa.
7. What does Catherine learn from Mrs Penniman upon her return in Chapter 24?
(a) That Mr. Townsend never visits.
(b) That Mr. Townsend wants to end the engagement.
(c) That Mr. Townsend does not speak of her much.
(d) That Mr. Townsend visited often.
8. Against whom does Dr. Sloper have a strong opinion?
(a) Mrs. Almond.
(c) Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
9. From whom does Catherine accept a proposal?
(a) Mr. Anderson.
(b) Mr. Creddy.
(c) Mr. Tomson.
10. What would Dr. Sloper rather have his daughter believe than seeing her in an unhappy marriage?
(a) That he will never surrender.
(b) That he hates Mr. Townsend.
(c) That he wants money for himself.
(d) That he hates her.
11. Who continues to hear from Mr. Townsend?
(b) His Cousin.
(c) Dr. Sloper
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
12. What is Mr. Townsend concerned about?
(a) That he needs to wait.
(b) That he lost his true love.
(c) That he may never prove his worth.
(d) That he might have played his card.
13. How many letters from Mr. Townsend does Catherine have?
14. How does Catherine react when speaking to Mrs Penniman upon her return?
(c) Angry and jealous.
15. To what should Catherine look forward according to the conversation she is having?
(a) Mr. Townsend's refusal.
(b) Her father's death.
(c) The truth being revealed.
(d) Her father's refusal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many proposals does Catherine receive in the years after her break up with Mr. Townsend according to Chapter 32?
2. What does the person with whom Mrs Penniman is talking continually argue in Chapter 27?
3. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine to do?
4. To whom did Dr. Sloper bequest his money?
5. Mr. Townsend does not want Catherine to suffer the indignity of what?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)