Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does Mrs. Penniman mention Mr Townsend?
2. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing?
(b) Quitting his job.
(d) Ending his relationship with Catherine.
3. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
(a) That he is angry at her.
(b) That he won't give in.
(c) That he wants her out.
(d) That he will disown her.
4. What does Mrs. Penniman claim at dinner in Chapter 31?
(a) That she knew everything but said nothing.
(b) That she knew nothing.
(c) Innocence in it all.
(d) That she took a lucky guess.
5. What does Catherine say to her father after receiving Mr. Townsend's note?
(a) That they ended the engagement together.
(b) That she ended the engagement herself.
(c) That Mr. Townsend ended the engagment.
(d) That Mr. Townsend was dead.
6. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine?
(a) To postpone leaving the house.
(b) To postpone her wedding for 6 months.
(c) To postpone her meeting with Mr. Townsend in Europe.
(d) To not get too upset with Mrs. Penniman.
7. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 26?
(a) That her father has found another suitor for her.
(b) That her father is wavering in his decision.
(c) That her father did not change his mind.
(d) That her father wants her to wait another six months.
8. Why does Mr. Townsend make that request to Mrs. Penniman?
(a) Catherine's father hates Mr. Townsend's family.
(b) Catherine's father will never give in.
(c) Catherine's father hates both of them.
(d) Catherine's father will never allow them to marry.
9. When does Mrs. Penniman tell Dr. Sloper about her assumption?
(a) The following morning.
(b) That night.
(c) That afternoon.
(d) The next evening.
10. How long are Catherine and her father supposed to spend in Europe?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 12 months.
11. Catherine begs out of what?
(a) A visit to her cousin.
(b) Sunday's service.
(c) A visit to Mr. Townsend.
(d) A visit to the park.
12. With whom does Mrs. Penniman argue in Chapter 27?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) Dr. Sloper.
(d) Mrs. Almond.
13. Where is Mr Townsend in Chapter 34?
(a) At Mrs. Penniman's house.
(b) At Marian's house.
(c) At Washington Square.
(d) In a hotel.
14. Where are Catherine and her father after 6 months in Europe?
(a) In Greece.
(b) In Rome.
(c) In Madrid.
(d) In the Alps.
15. To whom did Dr. Sloper bequest his money?
(a) To Catherine.
(b) To Mrs. Almond.
(c) To hospitals and asylums.
(d) To Mrs. Penniman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Penniman write to Mr. Townsend in Chapter 28?
2. What promise does Catherine refuse to make to her father?
3. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine about before heading back to the U.S.?
4. How many proposals does Catherine receive in the years after her break up with Mr. Townsend according to Chapter 32?
5. What does Catherine refuse to do?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)