|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Catherine and her father end up spending in Europe?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 15 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 10 months.
2. How does Catherine react to seeing Mr. Townsend?
(a) She talks to him while making a decision.
(b) She hugs him.
(c) She skips the meeting through the back door.
(d) She sends him on his way quickly.
3. Who is Mrs Penniman defending?
(a) Mrs. Almond.
(b) Dr. Sloper.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
4. What does Mrs. Penniman think of Catherine?
(a) She is not being honest enough.
(b) She is being too easy on her father.
(c) She is being too easy on Mr. Townsend.
(d) She is not following through on her commitment to Mr. Townsend.
5. Whose advice does Catherine follow at the start of Chapter 18?
(a) Her friend's.
(b) Her aunt's.
(c) Her father's.
(d) Her cousin's.
6. Where does Mr Townsend tell Catherine he is going in Chapter 29?
(b) New Orleans.
7. Of what is Mrs Penniman aware?
(a) The fight between Catherine and Mr. Townsend.
(b) Mr. Townsend's doubting of the engagement.
(c) Dr. Sloper's tracking of Mr. Towsend's expenses.
(d) The fight between Catherine and her father.
8. Why does Mrs. Penniman write to Mr. Townsend in Chapter 28?
(a) To ask to meet him.
(b) To ask that he elope.
(c) To have a family intervention.
(d) To meet with Catherine.
9. To whom did Dr. Sloper bequest his money?
(a) To Mrs. Almond.
(b) To Mrs. Penniman.
(c) To hospitals and asylums.
(d) To Catherine.
10. Who continues to hear from Mr. Townsend?
(a) His Cousin.
(b) Dr. Sloper
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
11. How much time passes between Chapter 34 and 35?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
12. What month does Mrs. Penniman mention Mr Townsend?
13. What does Mrs Penniman suggest Mr Townsend do?
(a) Get a job while they are gone.
(b) Change Dr. Sloper's mind before they leave.
(c) Follow Catherine.
(d) Wait to marry Catherine.
14. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine to do?
(a) Try to talk with Mrs. Montgomery.
(b) Try to marry locally.
(c) Try to change Mr. Townsend's mind.
(d) Try to change her father's mind.
15. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine not to do?
(a) Give up her inheritance.
(b) Move the wedding date up.
(c) Move out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
2. What does Catherine learn from Mrs Penniman upon her return in Chapter 24?
3. What advice does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him?
4. How does Mrs. Penniman react to Mr. Townsend request?
5. Why does Mr. Townsend turn down Catherine's suggestion?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)