Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is not interested in Catherine.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is not after Catherine's money.
(c) That he is insistent on marrying despite Dr. Sloper's words.
(d) That he is worthy of Catherine.
2. What does Mr. Townsend say he does not want to do any longer?
(a) Go to Washington Square.
(b) Talk to Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Talk to her.
(d) Cross paths with her father.
3. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Propose to Catherine.
(b) Talk to Catherine's father.
(c) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
(d) Elope with Catherine.
4. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
(a) To meet Mr. Townsend privately.
(b) To meet with Mrs. Montgomery.
(c) That Mrs. Montgomery come to see him at his practice.
(d) That Mrs. Almond prevent Mr. Townsend from staying at her house.
5. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
(a) To see if he can help her.
(b) To learn how to get rid of Mr. Townsend.
(c) To meet Catherine's future sister-in-law.
(d) To learn about Mr. Townsend.
6. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
(a) Her father.
(c) His cousin.
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
7. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
(a) That her father is a great man.
(b) That her father likes him.
(c) That he wants to marry her.
(d) That her father dislikes him.
8. Where does Catherine meet Mr. Townsend?
(a) In her house.
(b) In a park.
(c) In her garden.
(d) At the Almonds.
9. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing to impress the person he is meeting?
(a) Work a lowly job.
(b) Return the horse Catherine gave him.
(c) Go back to school.
(d) Become his apprentice.
10. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
(a) His sister, Mrs. Almond.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
(d) His daughter.
11. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
(a) Move to Europe with Catherine.
(b) Leave Catherine for a younger woman.
(c) Spend all of Catherine's money and force her to live in poverty.
(d) Marry Catherine, but refuse to have children.
12. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) Mrs. Montgomery.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) The South Western Park.
(d) The Almond's house.
13. What is Mrs. Montgomery hesitant to say anything about?
(a) Her family history.
(b) How much of an income she has.
(c) Her brother. Mr Townsend.
(d) How her husband died.
14. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
(a) That Mrs. Penniman might have found her next husband.
(b) That Mr. Townsend might be married.
(c) That Catherine might elope.
(d) That Mr. Townsend might propose to Catherine.
15. What does Mrs Penniman arrange to do in secret?
(a) See Mr. Townsend.
(b) See Mrs. Montgomery.
(c) See the judge.
(d) See Mrs. Almond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine?
2. What does Catherine accept in Chapter 15?
3. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
4. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
5. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)