|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he is worthy of Catherine.
(b) That he is insistent on marrying despite Dr. Sloper's words.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is not after Catherine's money.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is not interested in Catherine.
2. What does Mr. Townsend say he does not want to do any longer?
(a) Cross paths with her father.
(b) Go to Washington Square.
(c) Talk to her.
(d) Talk to Mrs. Penniman.
3. Where does Catherine meet her first beau?
(a) In a park.
(b) A party.
(c) A fitting at a dress store.
(d) A trip to the spa.
4. How does Dr. Sloper offend the person in Chapter 9?
(a) By asking how he lost his money.
(b) By asking him to stop seeing Catherine.
(c) By asking about his family.
(d) By asking him about his job hunting.
5. What worries Mr. Townsend about Mrs Penniman's advice?
(a) That Dr. Sloper would call the police.
(b) That Catherine would not have a place to live.
(c) That Catherine would not have her mother's money.
(d) That Dr. Sloper would cut Catherine off completely.
6. Who does Dr Sloper offend?
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) Mrs. Almond.
7. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her best friend, Caroline.
8. How does Mrs Montgomery describe her brother?
(c) Hard working.
9. To whom is Catherine close?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her best friend Caroline.
(c) Her cousins.
(d) Her siblings.
10. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
(a) Mr. Almond.
(b) Mr. Seed.
(c) Mr. Peanut.
(d) Mr. Corn.
11. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) On Sundays.
(b) On Wednesdays.
(c) On Tuesdays.
(d) On Mondays.
12. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
(a) That her father dislikes him.
(b) That her father likes him.
(c) That her father is a great man.
(d) That he wants to marry her.
13. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
(a) Dr. Sloper.
(b) His cousin.
(c) Mrs. Penniman.
14. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) The South Western Park.
(b) Mrs. Montgomery.
(c) The Almond's house.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
15. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
(a) Plain and beautiful.
(b) Clever and beautiful.
(c) Plain and stout.
(d) Interesting and stout.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman encourage Catherine to do?
2. What does Catherine hope to accomplish?
3. What does Dr. Sloper refuse to do?
4. How is Catherine towards others?
5. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)