|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
(a) Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Catherine and Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Mrs. Almond.
2. Who does Dr Sloper offend?
(b) Mrs. Almond.
(c) Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
3. What does Catherine try to do, but fails?
(a) Make her father change his mind.
(b) Take a loan out.
(c) Rent an appartment.
(d) Buy a horse.
4. How is Mrs. Montgomery's house according to Chapter 14?
(a) Large and well decorated.
(b) Small and cozy.
(c) Large and decrepit.
(d) Small and modest.
5. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) Mrs. Montgomery.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) The Almond's house.
(d) The South Western Park.
6. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
(a) That her father dislikes him.
(b) That her father is a great man.
(c) That he wants to marry her.
(d) That her father likes him.
7. What does Dr. Sloper tease Catherine about?
(a) Her being in love.
(b) Her making friends.
(c) Her outgrowing her stoutness.
(d) Her sudden beauty.
8. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) For money.
(b) For love.
(c) Because of a family obligation.
(d) Because of a religious obligation.
9. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
(a) 40,000 a year.
(b) 30,000 a year.
(c) 20,000 a year.
(d) 10,000 a year.
10. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few days.
11. When does Catherine speak to her father in Chapter 11?
(a) At night.
(b) During lunch.
(c) At tea time.
(d) At breakfast.
12. What does Catherine hope to accomplish?
(a) Soften her father's reaction to their engagement.
(b) Soften her father's reaction to her moving out.
(c) Soften her father's reaction to buying a horse..
(d) Soften her father's reaction to her taking a loan out.
13. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
14. What does Catherine agree to do?
(a) Move out of the house with Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Marry Mr. Townsend.
(c) Talk to her father about her engagement.
(d) Move in with Mr. Townsend.
15. What does Mr. Townsend say he does not want to do any longer?
(a) Go to Washington Square.
(b) Talk to her.
(c) Talk to Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Cross paths with her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine accept in Chapter 15?
2. How does Mrs Montgomery describe her brother?
3. Where does Catherine meet her first beau?
4. What is Dr. Sloper told about Mr. Townsend?
5. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)