|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mrs. Montgomery's house according to Chapter 14?
(a) Small and cozy.
(b) Small and modest.
(c) Large and well decorated.
(d) Large and decrepit.
2. What does Mrs. Penniman think her advice would cause Dr. Sloper to do?
(a) Accept that Mr. Townsend is worthy of his daughter.
(b) Accept that he has been a jerk.
(c) Accept that a man does not need a job to marry.
(d) Accept Mr. Townsend and Catherine's union.
3. How does Mrs Montgomery describe her brother?
(d) Hard working.
4. What does Mr. Townsend teach to his sister's children?
5. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
6. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
(a) It has become surrounded with businesses.
(b) It has become surrounded with annoying neighbors.
(c) It has become surrounded with new rich.
(d) It has become surrounded with factories.
7. Who does Dr Sloper offend?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) Mrs. Almond.
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
8. Who does Mr. Townsend insist he does not live off?
(b) His cousin.
(c) His sister.
(d) His nephew.
9. How does Catherine feel when close to Mr. Townsend?
10. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) On Wednesdays.
(b) On Tuesdays.
(c) On Sundays.
(d) On Mondays.
11. What does Catherine fear in Chapter 10?
(a) Telling her father she married Mr. Townsend.
(b) Upsetting her father.
(c) Upsetting Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Upsetting Mr. Townsend.
12. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
(a) By telling her about her intelligence shortfall.
(b) By teasing her about Mr. Townsend's proposing to her.
(c) By teasing her about her cousin marrying.
(d) By telling her about her physical shortcomings.
13. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
(a) Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His sister Mrs Almond.
14. What is Dr. Sloper told about Mr. Townsend?
(a) Not much.
(b) That he is selfish.
(c) That he is a nice person.
(d) That he is rich.
15. Who does Dr. Sloper find in the room with the person with whom he wants to talk ?
(a) His nephew.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) Mrs. Almond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
2. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
3. How does Dr. Sloper offend the person in Chapter 9?
4. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets do in response to his visit?
5. How old is Dr Sloper in Chapter 1?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)