|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
(a) 10,000 a year.
(b) 40,000 a year.
(c) 20,000 a year.
(d) 30,000 a year.
2. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
3. Of what does Dr Sloper's sister take control?
(a) The raising of Catherine.
(b) Dr. Sloper's love life.
(c) Dr. Sloper's practice.
(d) The house work.
4. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
(a) Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Catherine and Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Mrs. Almond.
5. To whom is Catherine close?
(a) Her best friend Caroline.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her siblings.
6. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
(a) Sitting and listening.
(b) Looking out the window.
(c) Talking to Mr. Townsend.
(d) Entertaining her cousin's fiance.
7. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
(a) He lost his small fortune.
(b) He wants to keep busy.
(c) He wants to impress his sister.
(d) He wants to make a difference in the world.
8. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) Mrs. Montgomery.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) The South Western Park.
(d) The Almond's house.
9. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1830's.
(b) In the 1840's.
(c) In the 1810's.
(d) In the 1820's.
10. Of what does Mr. Townsend say he took charge?
(a) His sister's financials.
(b) His niece and nephew's play time.
(c) His niece's and nephew's education.
(d) His sister's mortgage.
11. How old is Dr Sloper in Chapter 1?
12. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
(d) His sister, Mrs. Almond.
13. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
(a) Plain and beautiful.
(b) Plain and stout.
(c) Interesting and stout.
(d) Clever and beautiful.
14. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine?
(a) That her father wounded him.
(b) That her father likes him.
(c) That her father is out to get him.
(d) That her father wants her married.
15. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
(a) In Boston.
(b) On the same street.
(c) Across town.
(d) Two towns over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
2. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
3. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets do in response to his visit?
4. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
5. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)