|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Dr. Sloper annoyed in Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Almond's overbearing comments about Catherine.
(b) Mrs. Penniman's involvement with Mr. Townsend.
(c) Catherine always talking about Mr. Townsend.
(d) Catherine's commitment to Mr. Townsend.
2. Of what does Mr. Townsend say he took charge?
(a) His niece's and nephew's education.
(b) His sister's mortgage.
(c) His sister's financials.
(d) His niece and nephew's play time.
3. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few days.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few hours.
4. What does Catherine accept in Chapter 15?
(a) That she will need to elope.
(b) That she will have to wait her father out.
(c) That she will never marry.
(d) That she will need to find someone else.
5. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
(a) Mr. Peanut.
(b) Mr. Seed.
(c) Mr. Almond.
(d) Mr. Corn.
6. How does Dr. Sloper offend the person in Chapter 9?
(a) By asking about his family.
(b) By asking how he lost his money.
(c) By asking him to stop seeing Catherine.
(d) By asking him about his job hunting.
7. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
(a) Get his daughter married as soon as possible.
(b) Teach his daughter a lesson.
(c) Learn about Mr. Townsend.
(d) Encourage the relationship between Mr. Townsend and his daughter.
8. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets do in response to his visit?
(a) Sneaks out of the house.
(b) Sends Mrs Penniman to wait.
(c) Keeps Catherine in her room.
(d) Remains alone all day.
9. To whom is Catherine close?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her best friend Caroline.
(d) Her siblings.
10. Of what does Dr Sloper's sister take control?
(a) The house work.
(b) The raising of Catherine.
(c) Dr. Sloper's practice.
(d) Dr. Sloper's love life.
11. What does Mrs Penniman encourage Catherine to do?
(a) Continue to see Mr. Townsend.
(b) Continue to send love letters.
(c) Continue to send messages through Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Continue to persuade her father.
12. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
13. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
(a) His cousin.
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Dr. Sloper.
14. When does Catherine speak to her father in Chapter 11?
(a) During lunch.
(b) At breakfast.
(c) At tea time.
(d) At night.
15. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
(a) By telling her about her physical shortcomings.
(b) By telling her about her intelligence shortfall.
(c) By teasing her about her cousin marrying.
(d) By teasing her about Mr. Townsend's proposing to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
2. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
3. When does Dr. Sloper's son die?
4. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine?
5. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)