|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
(a) To meet with Mrs. Montgomery.
(b) That Mrs. Montgomery come to see him at his practice.
(c) That Mrs. Almond prevent Mr. Townsend from staying at her house.
(d) To meet Mr. Townsend privately.
2. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine?
(a) That her father wants her married.
(b) That her father is out to get him.
(c) That her father wounded him.
(d) That her father likes him.
3. How old is Dr Sloper in Chapter 1?
4. What does Dr. Sloper refuse to do?
(a) Give his consent.
(b) Give Mr.Townsend a horse.
(c) Give Mr. Townsend a loan.
(d) Allow Catherine to move out of the house.
5. What is Dr. Sloper told about Mr. Townsend?
(a) That he is selfish.
(b) That he is rich.
(c) Not much.
(d) That he is a nice person.
6. What does Dr. Sloper assure Mrs Montgomery?
(a) That her house will be fixed.
(b) That her brother will not bother her again.
(c) That her children will go to college.
(d) That he will not allow his daughter to marry Mr. Townsend.
7. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
(a) Mr. Seed.
(b) Mr. Corn.
(c) Mr. Peanut.
(d) Mr. Almond.
8. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
(a) Of being poor.
(b) Of wanting to marry someone other than his daughter.
(c) Living off of his sister.
(d) Of living off his ex wife.
9. What does Mr. Townsend insist on doing elsewhere?
(a) Meeting Catherine's father.
(b) Marrying Catherine.
(d) Meeting with Catherine.
10. What does Mrs Penniman encourage Catherine to do?
(a) Continue to send messages through Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Continue to see Mr. Townsend.
(c) Continue to send love letters.
(d) Continue to persuade her father.
11. What does Mrs. Penniman say in the secret meeting in Chapter 16?
(a) That he should get a job to prove his worth.
(b) That he should meet Dr. Sloper in private.
(c) That he should run away.
(d) That he should marry Catherine in secret.
12. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
13. Where does Catherine meet Mr. Townsend?
(a) At the Almonds.
(b) In her garden.
(c) In her house.
(d) In a park.
14. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her best friend, Caroline.
15. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
(a) It has become surrounded with new rich.
(b) It has become surrounded with factories.
(c) It has become surrounded with businesses.
(d) It has become surrounded with annoying neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Mr. Townsend say he took charge?
2. What does Dr. Sloper ask Mr Townsend about?
3. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
4. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
5. How is Mrs. Montgomery's house according to Chapter 14?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)