|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper pledge to Mrs. Montgomery?
(a) A horse.
(b) Work on her home.
(c) His support.
2. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he not try to go against his daughter's choice.
(b) That he meet with Mr. Townsend's sister.
(c) That he look at an old newpaper about the Townsend family.
(d) That he talk to Townsend's cousin.
3. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Propose to Catherine.
(b) Talk to Catherine's father.
(c) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
(d) Elope with Catherine.
4. Where does Dr. Sloper move in Chapter 3?
(a) To Washington Square.
(b) To Boston Circle.
(c) To Boston Square.
(d) To Washington Circle.
5. When does Catherine speak to her father in Chapter 11?
(a) At breakfast.
(b) At tea time.
(c) During lunch.
(d) At night.
6. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister Mrs Almond.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
7. How is Mrs. Montgomery's house according to Chapter 14?
(a) Large and well decorated.
(b) Large and decrepit.
(c) Small and modest.
(d) Small and cozy.
8. What does Mr. Townsend teach to his sister's children?
9. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
(a) Dr. Sloper.
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(c) His cousin.
10. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
11. What does Dr. Sloper refuse to do?
(a) Allow Catherine to move out of the house.
(b) Give Mr. Townsend a loan.
(c) Give Mr.Townsend a horse.
(d) Give his consent.
12. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
(a) To learn about Mr. Townsend.
(b) To learn how to get rid of Mr. Townsend.
(c) To meet Catherine's future sister-in-law.
(d) To see if he can help her.
13. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
(b) New York.
14. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
(a) Two towns over.
(b) On the same street.
(c) Across town.
(d) In Boston.
15. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
(a) Mrs. Montgomery.
(b) His younger sister.
(c) His older sister.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister?
2. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
3. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
4. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
5. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)