|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Sloper told about Mr. Townsend?
(a) That he is selfish.
(b) That he is a nice person.
(c) Not much.
(d) That he is rich.
2. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 weeks.
3. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to forgo?
(a) Her father's consent.
(b) Mr. Townsend's refusal to marry without her father's consent.
(c) Her father's advice.
(d) Her father's will.
5. Who is Marian marrying?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A store owner.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A stock broker.
6. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
(a) Sitting and listening.
(b) Entertaining her cousin's fiance.
(c) Looking out the window.
(d) Talking to Mr. Townsend.
7. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
(a) What Dr. Sloper is planning.
(b) What Mrs. Almond is planning.
(c) What Mrs. Penniman and Mr. Townsend discussed.
(d) What Mrs. Penniman is planning.
8. With what is Dr. Sloper annoyed in Chapter 15?
(a) Catherine's commitment to Mr. Townsend.
(b) Mrs. Penniman's involvement with Mr. Townsend.
(c) Mrs. Almond's overbearing comments about Catherine.
(d) Catherine always talking about Mr. Townsend.
9. Where does Catherine meet her first beau?
(a) A party.
(b) In a park.
(c) A fitting at a dress store.
(d) A trip to the spa.
10. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few hours.
(d) A few days.
11. What does Dr. Sloper insist Mr Townsend wants?
(a) A loan.
(b) Access to Dr. Sloper's rich patients.
(c) A horse.
(d) To marry her for her money.
12. Who does Dr Sloper offend?
(a) Mrs. Almond.
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
13. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1830's.
(b) In the 1820's.
(c) In the 1840's.
(d) In the 1810's.
14. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
(a) That her romanticism will influence Catherine.
(b) That her narcissism will influence Catherine.
(c) That her feminism will influence Catherine.
(d) That her realism will influence Catherine.
15. Who does Mr. Townsend insist he does not live off?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His sister.
(c) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper refuse to do?
2. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
3. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
4. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
5. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)