|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
(a) That Mrs. Montgomery come to see him at his practice.
(b) To meet Mr. Townsend privately.
(c) To meet with Mrs. Montgomery.
(d) That Mrs. Almond prevent Mr. Townsend from staying at her house.
2. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets do in response to his visit?
(a) Sneaks out of the house.
(b) Keeps Catherine in her room.
(c) Sends Mrs Penniman to wait.
(d) Remains alone all day.
3. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
(d) New York.
4. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
(a) Take a loan.
(b) Talk to his sister.
(c) Buy a horse.
(d) Talk to her father.
5. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
(a) That her romanticism will influence Catherine.
(b) That her narcissism will influence Catherine.
(c) That her feminism will influence Catherine.
(d) That her realism will influence Catherine.
6. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
7. What does Dr. Sloper ask Mr Townsend about?
(a) His ex wife.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His job prospects.
(d) How he lost his fortune.
8. Who does Dr Sloper offend?
(a) Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) Mrs. Almond.
9. What is Dr. Sloper told about Mr. Townsend?
(a) That he is rich.
(b) Not much.
(c) That he is a nice person.
(d) That he is selfish.
10. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is not after Catherine's money.
(b) That he is insistent on marrying despite Dr. Sloper's words.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is not interested in Catherine.
(d) That he is worthy of Catherine.
11. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
(a) Encourage the relationship between Mr. Townsend and his daughter.
(b) Get his daughter married as soon as possible.
(c) Learn about Mr. Townsend.
(d) Teach his daughter a lesson.
12. Who is Marian marrying?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A store owner.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A stock broker.
13. What does Catherine fear in Chapter 10?
(a) Telling her father she married Mr. Townsend.
(b) Upsetting her father.
(c) Upsetting Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Upsetting Mr. Townsend.
14. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine?
(a) That her father wounded him.
(b) That her father is out to get him.
(c) That her father wants her married.
(d) That her father likes him.
15. What does Mr. Townsend say he does not want to do any longer?
(a) Cross paths with her father.
(b) Talk to her.
(c) Go to Washington Square.
(d) Talk to Mrs. Penniman.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
2. When does Dr. Sloper's son die?
3. What does Mrs Penniman encourage Catherine to do?
4. What does Mr. Townsend teach to his sister's children?
5. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)