|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her friend. Caroline.
(d) Her cousin.
2. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
3. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
(a) Across town.
(b) Two towns over.
(c) On the same street.
(d) In Boston.
4. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
5. What is Mrs. Montgomery hesitant to say anything about?
(a) How much of an income she has.
(b) Her family history.
(c) How her husband died.
(d) Her brother. Mr Townsend.
6. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
(a) Leave Catherine for a younger woman.
(b) Move to Europe with Catherine.
(c) Spend all of Catherine's money and force her to live in poverty.
(d) Marry Catherine, but refuse to have children.
7. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her best friend, Caroline.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her father.
8. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
(a) The Almond's house.
(b) Mrs. Montgomery's.
(c) Washington Square.
(d) The St. Thomas Church.
9. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) On Sundays.
(b) On Wednesdays.
(c) On Mondays.
(d) On Tuesdays.
10. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
(a) Of being poor.
(b) Of wanting to marry someone other than his daughter.
(c) Living off of his sister.
(d) Of living off his ex wife.
11. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
(d) New York.
12. Where does Catherine meet her first beau?
(a) In a park.
(b) A trip to the spa.
(c) A party.
(d) A fitting at a dress store.
13. Who does Mr. Townsend come to meet in Chapter 12?
(a) Dr. Sloper.
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Mrs. Almond.
14. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
(a) Encourage the relationship between Mr. Townsend and his daughter.
(b) Learn about Mr. Townsend.
(c) Get his daughter married as soon as possible.
(d) Teach his daughter a lesson.
15. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) His daughter.
(c) Mrs. Penniman.
(d) His sister Mrs Almond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper refuse to do?
2. How does Catherine feel when close to Mr. Townsend?
3. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
4. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
5. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)