|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
(a) In Boston.
(b) On the same street.
(c) Across town.
(d) Two towns over.
2. What worries Mr. Townsend about Mrs Penniman's advice?
(a) That Dr. Sloper would call the police.
(b) That Catherine would not have a place to live.
(c) That Catherine would not have her mother's money.
(d) That Dr. Sloper would cut Catherine off completely.
3. How does Catherine feel when close to Mr. Townsend?
4. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
5. How is Mrs. Montgomery's house according to Chapter 14?
(a) Large and well decorated.
(b) Large and decrepit.
(c) Small and modest.
(d) Small and cozy.
6. What does Dr. Sloper insist Mr Townsend wants?
(a) To marry her for her money.
(b) A horse.
(c) A loan.
(d) Access to Dr. Sloper's rich patients.
7. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
(a) Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Her father.
(c) His cousin.
8. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
(a) Take a loan.
(b) Talk to her father.
(c) Buy a horse.
(d) Talk to his sister.
9. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
(a) At her house.
(b) At a library.
(c) In a park.
(d) At her cousin's house.
10. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
(a) His sister.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) His son.
11. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
(a) What Mrs. Penniman and Mr. Townsend discussed.
(b) What Mrs. Almond is planning.
(c) What Dr. Sloper is planning.
(d) What Mrs. Penniman is planning.
12. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
(a) His older sister.
(b) Mrs. Montgomery.
(c) His younger sister.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
13. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
(a) To meet Catherine's future sister-in-law.
(b) To learn how to get rid of Mr. Townsend.
(c) To see if he can help her.
(d) To learn about Mr. Townsend.
14. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
(a) Mr. Peanut.
(b) Mr. Seed.
(c) Mr. Corn.
(d) Mr. Almond.
15. Where does Catherine meet Mr. Townsend?
(a) In a park.
(b) At the Almonds.
(c) In her garden.
(d) In her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
2. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
3. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to forgo?
5. Who does Dr Sloper offend?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)