|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Catherine towards others?
2. What does Dr. Sloper insist Mr Townsend wants?
(a) A loan.
(b) Access to Dr. Sloper's rich patients.
(c) A horse.
(d) To marry her for her money.
3. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) The South Western Park.
(b) Mrs. Montgomery.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) The Almond's house.
4. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
(a) Speaking with Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Visiting his sister.
(c) Coming to Washington Square.
(d) Justifying himself to others.
5. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he not try to go against his daughter's choice.
(b) That he talk to Townsend's cousin.
(c) That he look at an old newpaper about the Townsend family.
(d) That he meet with Mr. Townsend's sister.
6. What does Mr. Townsend say he does not want to do any longer?
(a) Go to Washington Square.
(b) Talk to her.
(c) Cross paths with her father.
(d) Talk to Mrs. Penniman.
7. Who does Mr. Townsend come to meet in Chapter 12?
(a) Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Dr. Sloper.
(d) Mrs. Almond.
8. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her friend. Caroline.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her aunt.
9. What does Catherine try to do, but fails?
(a) Take a loan out.
(b) Rent an appartment.
(c) Buy a horse.
(d) Make her father change his mind.
10. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
11. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets do in response to his visit?
(a) Keeps Catherine in her room.
(b) Sneaks out of the house.
(c) Sends Mrs Penniman to wait.
(d) Remains alone all day.
12. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
(a) Interesting and stout.
(b) Clever and beautiful.
(c) Plain and stout.
(d) Plain and beautiful.
13. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
(a) His cousin.
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Dr. Sloper.
14. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
(a) Mr. Peanut.
(b) Mr. Corn.
(c) Mr. Seed.
(d) Mr. Almond.
15. When does Dr. Sloper's son die?
(a) At age 6.
(b) At age 3.
(c) At age 4.
(d) At age 5.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
2. How is Mrs. Montgomery's house according to Chapter 14?
3. Who does Dr. Sloper find in the room with the person with whom he wants to talk ?
4. How does Dr. Sloper offend the person in Chapter 9?
5. What does Mr. Townsend teach to his sister's children?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)