1. How old is Dr Sloper in Chapter 1?
2. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
In the 1820's.
3. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
10,000 a year.
4. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
5. When does Dr. Sloper's son die?
At age 3.
6. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
7. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
8. Of what does Dr Sloper's sister take control?
The raising of Catherine.
9. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister?
That she raise Catherine to be clever.
This section contains 4,625 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)