|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine tell her father?
(a) That she will marry Mr. Townsend soon.
(b) That she will marry Mr. Townsend at some point.
(c) That Mr. Townsend will marry her in Europe.
(d) That they will settle the date by letter.
2. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
3. What does Catherine try to do, but fails?
(a) Make her father change his mind.
(b) Buy a horse.
(c) Rent an appartment.
(d) Take a loan out.
4. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine about before heading back to the U.S.?
(a) If she has set a wedding date.
(b) If she still dislikes Mrs. Penniman for interfering.
(c) If she still feels the same about Mr. Townsend.
(d) If she still wants to elope.
5. How is Catherine convinced to change her mind?
(a) Dr. Sloper says that she must to gain his consent.
(b) Dr. Sloper says it's important for her.
(c) Mrs. Penniman says it's good for her.
(d) Mr. Townsend tells her how important it is for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
2. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine to do?
3. Where does Catherine meet Mr. Townsend?
4. When does Catherine speak to her father in Chapter 11?
5. How does Catherine react to seeing Mr. Townsend?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)