|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) On Wednesdays.
(b) On Sundays.
(c) On Mondays.
(d) On Tuesdays.
2. Who continues to hear from Mr. Townsend?
(a) His Cousin.
(b) Dr. Sloper
(c) Mrs. Penniman.
3. What does Catherine agree to do?
(a) Move out of the house with Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Marry Mr. Townsend.
(c) Move in with Mr. Townsend.
(d) Talk to her father about her engagement.
4. What advice does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him?
(a) To apologize to Catherine.
(b) To apologize to Mr. Townsend.
(c) To relent in his opposition to Mrs. Penniman's interference.
(d) To relent in his opposition to Catherine's marriage.
5. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 18?
(a) That she wants him to get a job.
(b) That she still wants to marry him.
(c) That she wants to run away.
(d) That she wants to wait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine fear in Chapter 10?
2. What does Catherine ask Mrs. Penniman in Chapter 34?
3. Why does Mrs. Penniman write to Mr. Townsend in Chapter 28?
4. What does Dr. Sloper tell his sister?
5. What does Catherine dedicate herself to doing for the next 17 years?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)