|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine refuse to do in Chapter 30?
(a) Share her misery with her best friend.
(b) Share her misery with her father.
(c) Share her misery with Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Share her misery with her cousin.
2. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
(a) Take a loan.
(b) Talk to his sister.
(c) Buy a horse.
(d) Talk to her father.
3. What does Dr. Sloper refuse to do?
(a) Give Mr. Townsend a loan.
(b) Allow Catherine to move out of the house.
(c) Give Mr.Townsend a horse.
(d) Give his consent.
4. What date does Mr. Townsend refuse to set in Chapter 21?
(a) A date for their first telegram.
(b) A wedding date.
(c) A date for their meeting in Europe.
(d) A date for their elopement.
5. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
(a) That Mr. Townsend might propose to Catherine.
(b) That Mrs. Penniman might have found her next husband.
(c) That Mr. Townsend might be married.
(d) That Catherine might elope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
2. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
3. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine to do?
4. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
5. Where does Catherine meet her first beau?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)