|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine agree to do?
(a) Move in with Mr. Townsend.
(b) Move out of the house with Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Marry Mr. Townsend.
(d) Talk to her father about her engagement.
2. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
(a) Coming to Washington Square.
(b) Justifying himself to others.
(c) Visiting his sister.
(d) Speaking with Mrs. Penniman.
3. What does Mrs. Penniman claim at dinner in Chapter 31?
(a) That she took a lucky guess.
(b) That she knew everything but said nothing.
(c) Innocence in it all.
(d) That she knew nothing.
4. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
(a) Take a loan.
(b) Talk to his sister.
(c) Talk to her father.
(d) Buy a horse.
5. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing to impress the person he is meeting?
(a) Return the horse Catherine gave him.
(b) Become his apprentice.
(c) Go back to school.
(d) Work a lowly job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
2. How much time passes between Chapter 33 and 34?
3. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
4. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 13?
5. With whom does Dr Sloper want to talk?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)