|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Townsend does not want Catherine to suffer the indignity of what?
(a) Being tracked down for an unlawful marriage.
(b) Being the laughing stock of the family.
(c) Being a social outcast.
(d) Being left out of her father's will.
2. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
(a) That he is angry at her.
(b) That he will disown her.
(c) That he wants her out.
(d) That he won't give in.
3. What does Dr. Sloper tell his sister?
(a) That he believes Catherine is in on a conspiracy against him.
(b) That he believes Catherine is not in love.
(c) That he believes Catherine will continue to see Mr. Townsend.
(d) That he believes Catherine will change her mind.
4. What does Catherine try to do, but fails?
(a) Rent an appartment.
(b) Make her father change his mind.
(c) Buy a horse.
(d) Take a loan out.
5. Who does Dr Sloper offend?
(a) Mrs. Almond.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Sloper offend the person in Chapter 9?
2. What is Catherine state of mind at the start of Chapter 17?
3. Where was Mr. Townsend married according to Mrs Penniman?
4. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
5. What is Mrs. Penniman disappointed about in Chapter 23?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)