|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 26?
(a) That her father has found another suitor for her.
(b) That her father is wavering in his decision.
(c) That her father wants her to wait another six months.
(d) That her father did not change his mind.
2. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
(a) Two towns over.
(b) In Boston.
(c) On the same street.
(d) Across town.
3. What promise does Catherine refuse to make to her father?
(a) That she will not marry Mr. Townsend upon his death.
(b) That she will not give money away.
(c) That she will not contest the will.
(d) That she will not marry.
4. How long are Catherine and her father supposed to spend in Europe?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 12 months.
5. Who does Dr Sloper offend?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Mrs. Almond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
2. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
3. What does Catherine request?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
5. What does Dr. Sloper insist Mr Townsend wants?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)