|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman claim at dinner in Chapter 31?
(a) That she took a lucky guess.
(b) Innocence in it all.
(c) That she knew everything but said nothing.
(d) That she knew nothing.
2. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine must happen before he will return?
(a) She must stop being argumentative with him.
(b) She must stop insisting they elope.
(c) She must stop trying to change their wedding date.
(d) She must stop insisting she follow him.
3. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 18?
(a) That she wants to run away.
(b) That she still wants to marry him.
(c) That she wants to wait.
(d) That she wants him to get a job.
4. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
(a) His cousin.
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Her father.
5. Whose advice does Catherine follow at the start of Chapter 18?
(a) Her cousin's.
(b) Her friend's.
(c) Her aunt's.
(d) Her father's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
2. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
3. To whom is Catherine close?
4. Against whom does Dr. Sloper have a strong opinion?
5. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)