|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine say to her father after receiving Mr. Townsend's note?
(a) That Mr. Townsend ended the engagment.
(b) That she ended the engagement herself.
(c) That they ended the engagement together.
(d) That Mr. Townsend was dead.
2. What does Mr. Townsend insist on doing elsewhere?
(a) Meeting with Catherine.
(b) Marrying Catherine.
(c) Meeting Catherine's father.
3. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 26?
(a) That her father did not change his mind.
(b) That her father has found another suitor for her.
(c) That her father wants her to wait another six months.
(d) That her father is wavering in his decision.
4. What does Mrs. Penniman think her advice would cause Dr. Sloper to do?
(a) Accept that a man does not need a job to marry.
(b) Accept that Mr. Townsend is worthy of his daughter.
(c) Accept that he has been a jerk.
(d) Accept Mr. Townsend and Catherine's union.
5. What does Mrs. Penniman assume considering Catherine's behavior?
(a) That Mr. Townsend has been courting multiple women.
(b) That Mr. Townsend ended their engagement.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is marrying another.
(d) That Mr. Townsend has left without warning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
2. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
3. For what does Mr. Townsend not provide?
4. How does Catherine react to seeing Mr. Townsend?
5. Where was Mr. Townsend married according to Mrs Penniman?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)