|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine say to her father after receiving Mr. Townsend's note?
(a) That she ended the engagement herself.
(b) That Mr. Townsend was dead.
(c) That they ended the engagement together.
(d) That Mr. Townsend ended the engagment.
2. What does Catherine accept in Chapter 15?
(a) That she will need to find someone else.
(b) That she will need to elope.
(c) That she will never marry.
(d) That she will have to wait her father out.
3. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to forgo?
(a) Mr. Townsend's refusal to marry without her father's consent.
(b) Her father's consent.
(c) Her father's will.
(d) Her father's advice.
5. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 18?
(a) That she still wants to marry him.
(b) That she wants to wait.
(c) That she wants to run away.
(d) That she wants him to get a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Townsend come to meet in Chapter 12?
2. What does Mr. Townsend suggest Catherine and him do?
3. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine to do?
4. Whose advice does Catherine follow at the start of Chapter 18?
5. Where does Catherine meet her first beau?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)