|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Townsend does not want Catherine to suffer the indignity of what?
(a) Being tracked down for an unlawful marriage.
(b) Being left out of her father's will.
(c) Being a social outcast.
(d) Being the laughing stock of the family.
2. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
(a) Visiting his sister.
(b) Speaking with Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Coming to Washington Square.
(d) Justifying himself to others.
3. What does Mr. Townsend say he does not want to do any longer?
(a) Go to Washington Square.
(b) Talk to Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Talk to her.
(d) Cross paths with her father.
4. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
5. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 4 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Catherine speak to her father in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Catherine want to leave the house?
3. Where does Catherine meet Mr. Townsend?
4. With what is Dr. Sloper annoyed in Chapter 15?
5. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)