|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Catherine refuse to make to her father?
(a) That she will not marry Mr. Townsend upon his death.
(b) That she will not give money away.
(c) That she will not marry.
(d) That she will not contest the will.
2. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
(a) Visiting his sister.
(b) Justifying himself to others.
(c) Speaking with Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Coming to Washington Square.
3. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Propose to Catherine.
(b) Talk to Catherine's father.
(c) Elope with Catherine.
(d) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
4. Of what does Dr Sloper's sister take control?
(a) Dr. Sloper's practice.
(b) The raising of Catherine.
(c) The house work.
(d) Dr. Sloper's love life.
5. What is Catherine state of mind at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) She is frustrated.
(b) She is annoyed.
(c) She is depressed.
(d) She is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Mr. Townsend married according to Mrs Penniman?
2. Who does Mr. Townsend insist he does not live off?
3. What does Catherine refuse to do?
4. Why does Mr. Townsend reject Catherine's request?
5. What does Dr. Sloper assure Mrs Montgomery?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)