|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper suggest Catherine and him do?
(a) Take a trip to Europe.
(b) Take a trip to Western Europe.
(c) Take a trip through America.
(d) Take a trip to Africa.
2. Catherine begs out of what?
(a) A visit to Mr. Townsend.
(b) A visit to her cousin.
(c) A visit to the park.
(d) Sunday's service.
3. What worries Mr. Townsend about Mrs Penniman's advice?
(a) That Catherine would not have a place to live.
(b) That Dr. Sloper would cut Catherine off completely.
(c) That Catherine would not have her mother's money.
(d) That Dr. Sloper would call the police.
4. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing to impress the person he is meeting?
(a) Return the horse Catherine gave him.
(b) Become his apprentice.
(c) Work a lowly job.
(d) Go back to school.
5. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
(a) To meet Mr. Townsend privately.
(b) That Mrs. Montgomery come to see him at his practice.
(c) That Mrs. Almond prevent Mr. Townsend from staying at her house.
(d) To meet with Mrs. Montgomery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose advice does Catherine follow at the start of Chapter 18?
2. What does Mrs Penniman suggest Mr Townsend do?
3. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
4. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
5. What does Mrs. Penniman say she might have been in haste to do?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)