|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend wishes to court her.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is interested in her friend Caroline.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is not really interested in her.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is married.
2. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is not after Catherine's money.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is not interested in Catherine.
(c) That he is insistent on marrying despite Dr. Sloper's words.
(d) That he is worthy of Catherine.
3. What advice does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him?
(a) To relent in his opposition to Catherine's marriage.
(b) To apologize to Mr. Townsend.
(c) To apologize to Catherine.
(d) To relent in his opposition to Mrs. Penniman's interference.
4. What does Mrs. Penniman say she might have been in haste to do?
(a) Proposing that Mr. Townsend follow Catherine.
(b) Proposing to marry before the trip.
(c) Proposing a secret meeting.
(d) Proposing to elope.
5. What does Mr. Townsend insist on doing elsewhere?
(b) Meeting Catherine's father.
(c) Meeting with Catherine.
(d) Marrying Catherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Mr. Townsend not provide?
2. Where are Catherine and her father after 6 months in Europe?
3. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
4. What does Dr. Sloper pledge to Mrs. Montgomery?
5. How long do Catherine and her father end up spending in Europe?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)