|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine must happen before he will return?
(a) She must stop trying to change their wedding date.
(b) She must stop being argumentative with him.
(c) She must stop insisting they elope.
(d) She must stop insisting she follow him.
2. Why does Mr. Townsend make that request to Mrs. Penniman?
(a) Catherine's father hates Mr. Townsend's family.
(b) Catherine's father will never allow them to marry.
(c) Catherine's father hates both of them.
(d) Catherine's father will never give in.
3. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
(a) To learn about Mr. Townsend.
(b) To meet Catherine's future sister-in-law.
(c) To see if he can help her.
(d) To learn how to get rid of Mr. Townsend.
4. Who is Mrs. Penniman forbid to see in Chapter 19?
(a) Mrs. Almond.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) Mrs. Montgomery.
5. How is Catherine convinced to change her mind?
(a) Dr. Sloper says that she must to gain his consent.
(b) Mr. Townsend tells her how important it is for her.
(c) Dr. Sloper says it's important for her.
(d) Mrs. Penniman says it's good for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper tell his sister?
2. How is Catherine towards others?
3. What date does Mr. Townsend refuse to set in Chapter 21?
4. What does Catherine say to her father after receiving Mr. Townsend's note?
5. What does Mrs Penniman tell Catherine?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)