|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper assure Mrs Montgomery?
(a) That he will not allow his daughter to marry Mr. Townsend.
(b) That her children will go to college.
(c) That her brother will not bother her again.
(d) That her house will be fixed.
2. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine to do?
(a) Try to change her father's mind.
(b) Try to marry locally.
(c) Try to change Mr. Townsend's mind.
(d) Try to talk with Mrs. Montgomery.
3. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is interested in her friend Caroline.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is not really interested in her.
(c) That Mr. Townsend wishes to court her.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is married.
4. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
(a) By telling her about her physical shortcomings.
(b) By telling her about her intelligence shortfall.
(c) By teasing her about Mr. Townsend's proposing to her.
(d) By teasing her about her cousin marrying.
5. What does Mrs. Penniman feel some regret about?
(a) Let Dr. Sloper ruin the engagement.
(b) Letting Catherine end the engagement.
(c) Letting Mr. Townsend end the engagement.
(d) Breaking the news unceremoniously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman think of Catherine?
2. How is Catherine towards others?
3. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
4. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
5. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)