|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him?
(a) To relent in his opposition to Catherine's marriage.
(b) To relent in his opposition to Mrs. Penniman's interference.
(c) To apologize to Mr. Townsend.
(d) To apologize to Catherine.
2. What would Dr. Sloper rather have his daughter believe than seeing her in an unhappy marriage?
(a) That he wants money for himself.
(b) That he hates Mr. Townsend.
(c) That he hates her.
(d) That he will never surrender.
3. How does Mrs. Penniman react to Mr. Townsend request?
(a) She obliges.
(b) She questions him.
(c) She refuses.
(d) She ignores him.
4. What does Mr. Townsend teach to his sister's children?
5. How long do Catherine and her father end up spending in Europe?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 15 months.
(d) 12 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
2. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
3. What is Catherine state of mind at the start of Chapter 17?
4. What does Mr. Townsend suggest Catherine and him do?
5. What is Mrs. Penniman disappointed about in Chapter 23?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)