|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
(a) Of living off his ex wife.
(b) Of wanting to marry someone other than his daughter.
(c) Living off of his sister.
(d) Of being poor.
2. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
(a) Marry Catherine, but refuse to have children.
(b) Move to Europe with Catherine.
(c) Spend all of Catherine's money and force her to live in poverty.
(d) Leave Catherine for a younger woman.
3. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
(a) His daughter.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) His sister, Mrs. Almond.
(d) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
4. Why does Mr. Townsend reject Catherine's request?
(a) She will be exposed to yellow fever.
(b) He will not pay for her.
(c) Mrs. Penniman has not approved.
(d) He will marry another.
5. Why does Mr. Townsend make that request to Mrs. Penniman?
(a) Catherine's father hates both of them.
(b) Catherine's father will never give in.
(c) Catherine's father will never allow them to marry.
(d) Catherine's father hates Mr. Townsend's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine react when speaking to Mrs Penniman upon her return?
2. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
3. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
4. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
5. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 26?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)