|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
(a) Encourage the relationship between Mr. Townsend and his daughter.
(b) Teach his daughter a lesson.
(c) Get his daughter married as soon as possible.
(d) Learn about Mr. Townsend.
2. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is married.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is not really interested in her.
(c) That Mr. Townsend wishes to court her.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is interested in her friend Caroline.
3. What would Dr. Sloper rather have his daughter believe than seeing her in an unhappy marriage?
(a) That he hates her.
(b) That he hates Mr. Townsend.
(c) That he wants money for himself.
(d) That he will never surrender.
4. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
(a) That her feminism will influence Catherine.
(b) That her narcissism will influence Catherine.
(c) That her realism will influence Catherine.
(d) That her romanticism will influence Catherine.
5. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
(a) His sister.
(b) His son.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman say she might have been in haste to do?
2. Who forbids Mrs Penniman to interfere?
3. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
4. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine?
5. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to forgo?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)