|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine learn from Mrs Penniman upon her return in Chapter 24?
(a) That Mr. Townsend never visits.
(b) That Mr. Townsend visited often.
(c) That Mr. Townsend wants to end the engagement.
(d) That Mr. Townsend does not speak of her much.
2. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
(a) His sister Mrs Almond.
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) His daughter.
3. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
(a) Speaking with Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Coming to Washington Square.
(c) Justifying himself to others.
(d) Visiting his sister.
4. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
(a) It has become surrounded with businesses.
(b) It has become surrounded with factories.
(c) It has become surrounded with new rich.
(d) It has become surrounded with annoying neighbors.
5. What does Catherine say to her father after receiving Mr. Townsend's note?
(a) That Mr. Townsend ended the engagment.
(b) That Mr. Townsend was dead.
(c) That she ended the engagement herself.
(d) That they ended the engagement together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine want to leave the house?
2. What does Mrs Penniman arrange to do in secret?
3. Why does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him that advice?
4. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
5. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)