|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman think of Catherine?
(a) She is being too easy on Mr. Townsend.
(b) She is not being honest enough.
(c) She is not following through on her commitment to Mr. Townsend.
(d) She is being too easy on her father.
2. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets do in response to his visit?
(a) Sneaks out of the house.
(b) Keeps Catherine in her room.
(c) Sends Mrs Penniman to wait.
(d) Remains alone all day.
3. Why does Mr. Townsend reject Catherine's request?
(a) Mrs. Penniman has not approved.
(b) She will be exposed to yellow fever.
(c) He will marry another.
(d) He will not pay for her.
4. What does Mr. Townsend insist on doing elsewhere?
(a) Meeting Catherine's father.
(c) Meeting with Catherine.
(d) Marrying Catherine.
5. What does Catherine think of her actions?
(a) That she is being honest enough.
(b) That she needs to voice her opinions.
(c) That she is committed.
(d) That she is being defiant enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to forgo?
2. What does Dr. Sloper suggest Catherine and him do?
3. To what should Catherine look forward according to the conversation she is having?
4. How does Dr. Sloper offend the person in Chapter 9?
5. Where does Dr. Sloper move in Chapter 3?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)