|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Sloper find in the room with the person with whom he wants to talk ?
(a) Mrs. Almond.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) His nephew.
2. Why does Mr. Townsend reject Catherine's request?
(a) She will be exposed to yellow fever.
(b) Mrs. Penniman has not approved.
(c) He will not pay for her.
(d) He will marry another.
3. Where does Catherine meet Mr. Townsend?
(a) In a park.
(b) In her garden.
(c) At the Almonds.
(d) In her house.
4. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
(a) He wants to keep busy.
(b) He wants to make a difference in the world.
(c) He wants to impress his sister.
(d) He lost his small fortune.
5. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
(a) Learn about Mr. Townsend.
(b) Encourage the relationship between Mr. Townsend and his daughter.
(c) Teach his daughter a lesson.
(d) Get his daughter married as soon as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman suggest Mr Townsend do?
2. What does Mrs. Penniman say she might have been in haste to do?
3. How is Catherine convinced to change her mind?
4. What does Catherine think of her actions?
5. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)