|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he not try to go against his daughter's choice.
(b) That he look at an old newpaper about the Townsend family.
(c) That he meet with Mr. Townsend's sister.
(d) That he talk to Townsend's cousin.
2. With what is Dr. Sloper annoyed in Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Penniman's involvement with Mr. Townsend.
(b) Mrs. Almond's overbearing comments about Catherine.
(c) Catherine's commitment to Mr. Townsend.
(d) Catherine always talking about Mr. Townsend.
3. What is Catherine state of mind at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She is annoyed.
(c) She is frustrated.
(d) She is happy.
4. What is Catherine pleased to learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend entered into a business partnership with another man.
(b) That Mr. Townsend chose a wedding date.
(c) That Mr. Townsend chose a church for their wedding.
(d) That Mr. Townsend has secured a new residence.
5. Who does Dr Sloper offend?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) Mrs. Almond.
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is always supporting Dr. Sloper?
2. What date does Mr. Townsend refuse to set in Chapter 21?
3. Where does Mr Townsend tell Catherine he is going in Chapter 29?
4. What does Mr. Townsend ask Mr Penniman to do for him?
5. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)