|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he is worthy of Catherine.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is not after Catherine's money.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is not interested in Catherine.
(d) That he is insistent on marrying despite Dr. Sloper's words.
2. Of what is Mrs Penniman aware?
(a) Mr. Townsend's doubting of the engagement.
(b) The fight between Catherine and her father.
(c) The fight between Catherine and Mr. Townsend.
(d) Dr. Sloper's tracking of Mr. Towsend's expenses.
3. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine?
(a) That her father wants her married.
(b) That her father wounded him.
(c) That her father is out to get him.
(d) That her father likes him.
4. To what should Catherine look forward according to the conversation she is having?
(a) The truth being revealed.
(b) Mr. Townsend's refusal.
(c) Her father's death.
(d) Her father's refusal.
5. Against whom does Dr. Sloper have a strong opinion?
(a) Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) Mrs. Almond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend ask Mr Penniman to do for him?
2. What does Catherine refuse to do in Chapter 30?
3. Why does Mr. Townsend make that request to Mrs. Penniman?
4. What does Catherine think of her actions?
5. What does Dr. Sloper suggest Catherine and him do?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)