|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine?
(a) To postpone her meeting with Mr. Townsend in Europe.
(b) To not get too upset with Mrs. Penniman.
(c) To postpone leaving the house.
(d) To postpone her wedding for 6 months.
2. How does Catherine react when speaking to Mrs Penniman upon her return?
(a) Angry and jealous.
3. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
4. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine?
(a) That her father wounded him.
(b) That her father is out to get him.
(c) That her father likes him.
(d) That her father wants her married.
5. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
(a) His cousin.
(b) Her father.
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
2. Who does Mr. Townsend insist he does not live off?
3. How does Dr. Sloper offend the person in Chapter 9?
4. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
5. How old is Dr Sloper in Chapter 1?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)