|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend insist on doing elsewhere?
(a) Meeting Catherine's father.
(b) Meeting with Catherine.
(d) Marrying Catherine.
2. What does Mrs Penniman tell Catherine?
(a) That Mr. Townsend wants her money.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is having second thoughts.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is going to get a job.
(d) That Mr. Townsend still wants to marry her.
3. Who is Mrs Penniman defending?
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) Dr. Sloper.
(d) Mrs. Almond.
4. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
(a) It has become surrounded with businesses.
(b) It has become surrounded with factories.
(c) It has become surrounded with annoying neighbors.
(d) It has become surrounded with new rich.
5. What does Dr. Sloper pledge to Mrs. Montgomery?
(b) His support.
(c) A horse.
(d) Work on her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
2. What does Catherine accept in Chapter 15?
3. What is Catherine pleased to learn from Mrs. Penniman?
4. What does Catherine refuse to do in Chapter 30?
5. With whom does Mrs. Penniman argue in Chapter 27?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)