|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
(a) By teasing her about her cousin marrying.
(b) By teasing her about Mr. Townsend's proposing to her.
(c) By telling her about her intelligence shortfall.
(d) By telling her about her physical shortcomings.
2. What does Mrs Penniman tell Catherine?
(a) That Mr. Townsend still wants to marry her.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is having second thoughts.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is going to get a job.
(d) That Mr. Townsend wants her money.
3. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he is insistent on marrying despite Dr. Sloper's words.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is not interested in Catherine.
(c) That he is worthy of Catherine.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is not after Catherine's money.
4. When does Catherine speak to her father in Chapter 11?
(a) At night.
(b) During lunch.
(c) At breakfast.
(d) At tea time.
5. How does Catherine feel when close to Mr. Townsend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
2. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine must happen before he will return?
3. What relationship Mrs. Penniman and Mr. Townsend have?
4. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
5. What does Mrs Penniman encourage Catherine to do?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)