|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Mr. Townsend say he took charge?
(a) His niece and nephew's play time.
(b) His sister's financials.
(c) His sister's mortgage.
(d) His niece's and nephew's education.
2. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) Because of a religious obligation.
(b) For money.
(c) Because of a family obligation.
(d) For love.
3. What is Catherine doing while being pushed out of the study?
4. Who forbids Mrs Penniman to interfere?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(c) Dr. Sloper.
(d) Mrs. Almond.
5. Why does Mr. Townsend turn down Catherine's suggestion?
(a) He does not want to marry her.
(b) He does not want to anger her father.
(c) He does not want to move in without a wedding.
(d) He does not want to disgrace her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
2. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
3. Why does Mr. Townsend make that request to Mrs. Penniman?
4. What does Mrs Penniman arrange to do in secret?
5. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)