|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine?
(a) That her father wounded him.
(b) That her father is out to get him.
(c) That her father likes him.
(d) That her father wants her married.
2. What does Mr. Townsend suggest Catherine and him do?
(b) Get married in secret, but live separately.
(c) Get married with Mrs. Penniman as a witness.
(d) Wait for her father.
3. About what does Mrs. Penniman tell Catherine when she returns?
(a) Mr. Townsend's plan to formally ask her hand of her father.
(b) Mr. Townsend's plan to elope with her friend Caroline.
(c) Mr. Townsend's plan to go to Europe.
(d) Mr. Townsend's plan to end their engagement.
4. What worries Mr. Townsend about Mrs Penniman's advice?
(a) That Dr. Sloper would cut Catherine off completely.
(b) That Catherine would not have her mother's money.
(c) That Catherine would not have a place to live.
(d) That Dr. Sloper would call the police.
5. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
(a) That her father is a great man.
(b) That her father likes him.
(c) That her father dislikes him.
(d) That he wants to marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman assume considering Catherine's behavior?
2. Who does Mr. Townsend come to meet in Chapter 12?
3. What does the person with whom Mrs Penniman is talking continually argue in Chapter 27?
4. How is Catherine towards others?
5. What does Mrs. Penniman feel some regret about?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)