|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
(a) Learn about Mr. Townsend.
(b) Encourage the relationship between Mr. Townsend and his daughter.
(c) Get his daughter married as soon as possible.
(d) Teach his daughter a lesson.
2. What does Catherine fear in Chapter 10?
(a) Upsetting her father.
(b) Upsetting Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Telling her father she married Mr. Townsend.
(d) Upsetting Mr. Townsend.
3. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
(a) His sister Mrs Almond.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) Mrs. Penniman.
(d) His daughter.
4. On what does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend they can survive?
(a) Her mother's money.
(b) Her mother's money and her aunt's money.
(c) Her mother's money and Mr. Townsend's money.
(d) Her aunt's money.
5. What does Dr. Sloper insist Mr Townsend wants?
(a) To marry her for her money.
(b) A loan.
(c) A horse.
(d) Access to Dr. Sloper's rich patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper pledge to Mrs. Montgomery?
2. Whose advice does Catherine follow at the start of Chapter 18?
3. Of what is Mrs Penniman aware?
4. Where does Catherine meet her first beau?
5. What worries Mr. Townsend about Mrs Penniman's advice?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)