|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine accept in Chapter 15?
(a) That she will need to find someone else.
(b) That she will have to wait her father out.
(c) That she will need to elope.
(d) That she will never marry.
2. How does Catherine react when speaking to Mrs Penniman upon her return?
(b) Angry and jealous.
3. What does Mrs. Penniman think her advice would cause Dr. Sloper to do?
(a) Accept Mr. Townsend and Catherine's union.
(b) Accept that a man does not need a job to marry.
(c) Accept that he has been a jerk.
(d) Accept that Mr. Townsend is worthy of his daughter.
4. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
(a) That he wants her out.
(b) That he will disown her.
(c) That he won't give in.
(d) That he is angry at her.
5. What does Dr. Sloper pledge to Mrs. Montgomery?
(b) Work on her home.
(c) His support.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Dr. Sloper rather have his daughter believe than seeing her in an unhappy marriage?
2. Where are Catherine and her father after 6 months in Europe?
3. What does Catherine refuse to do?
4. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
5. Mr. Townsend does not want Catherine to suffer the indignity of what?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)