|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman say in the secret meeting in Chapter 16?
(a) That he should get a job to prove his worth.
(b) That he should meet Dr. Sloper in private.
(c) That he should run away.
(d) That he should marry Catherine in secret.
2. What does Catherine accept in Chapter 15?
(a) That she will never marry.
(b) That she will need to find someone else.
(c) That she will have to wait her father out.
(d) That she will need to elope.
3. Where are Catherine and her father after 6 months in Europe?
(a) In Greece.
(b) In Madrid.
(c) In the Alps.
(d) In Rome.
4. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few days.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few hours.
5. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman arrange to do in secret?
2. How old is Dr Sloper in Chapter 1?
3. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
4. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine?
5. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)