|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper hope his daughter will learn during their trip?
(a) Of Mr. Townsend's indiscretion.
(c) Social skills.
(d) That father is always right.
2. Who is Mrs. Penniman forbid to see in Chapter 19?
(b) Mrs. Montgomery.
(c) Mrs. Almond.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
3. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine?
(a) To postpone her wedding for 6 months.
(b) To not get too upset with Mrs. Penniman.
(c) To postpone leaving the house.
(d) To postpone her meeting with Mr. Townsend in Europe.
4. With what is Dr. Sloper annoyed in Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Almond's overbearing comments about Catherine.
(b) Mrs. Penniman's involvement with Mr. Townsend.
(c) Catherine's commitment to Mr. Townsend.
(d) Catherine always talking about Mr. Townsend.
5. What does Dr. Sloper pledge to Mrs. Montgomery?
(a) A horse.
(b) Work on her home.
(c) His support.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing to impress the person he is meeting?
2. What does Catherine accept in Chapter 15?
3. How does Catherine feel when close to Mr. Townsend?
4. How long do Catherine and her father end up spending in Europe?
5. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)