|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper refuse to do?
(a) Allow Catherine to move out of the house.
(b) Give his consent.
(c) Give Mr.Townsend a horse.
(d) Give Mr. Townsend a loan.
2. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
3. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister?
(a) That she raise Catherine to be prissy.
(b) That she raise Catherine to be beautiful.
(c) That she raise Catherine to be a good wife.
(d) That she raise Catherine to be clever.
4. What does Catherine do at the start of Chapter 18?
(a) Go talk to her father.
(b) Go talk to Mr. Townsend.
(c) Go talk to her cousin.
(d) Go talk to her aunt.
5. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Talk to Catherine's father.
(b) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
(c) Propose to Catherine.
(d) Elope with Catherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
2. What is Catherine disappointed about?
3. Why does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him that advice?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman think of Catherine?
5. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)