|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marian marrying?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A store owner.
(c) A stock broker.
(d) A doctor.
2. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
(a) What Mrs. Penniman is planning.
(b) What Mrs. Almond is planning.
(c) What Mrs. Penniman and Mr. Townsend discussed.
(d) What Dr. Sloper is planning.
3. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
(a) To meet Catherine's future sister-in-law.
(b) To learn about Mr. Townsend.
(c) To see if he can help her.
(d) To learn how to get rid of Mr. Townsend.
4. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
(a) Leave Catherine for a younger woman.
(b) Move to Europe with Catherine.
(c) Spend all of Catherine's money and force her to live in poverty.
(d) Marry Catherine, but refuse to have children.
5. How is Catherine towards others?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to forgo?
2. What does Catherine think of her actions?
3. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
4. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
5. What does Catherine try to do, but fails?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)