|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
(a) Move to Europe with Catherine.
(b) Spend all of Catherine's money and force her to live in poverty.
(c) Marry Catherine, but refuse to have children.
(d) Leave Catherine for a younger woman.
2. Who is Mrs. Penniman forbid to see in Chapter 19?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(c) Mrs. Montgomery.
(d) Mrs. Almond.
3. Whose advice does Catherine follow at the start of Chapter 18?
(a) Her cousin's.
(b) Her aunt's.
(c) Her friend's.
(d) Her father's.
4. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
(a) Plain and beautiful.
(b) Interesting and stout.
(c) Clever and beautiful.
(d) Plain and stout.
5. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) Because of a family obligation.
(b) For love.
(c) For money.
(d) Because of a religious obligation.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
2. What date does Mr. Townsend refuse to set in Chapter 21?
3. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman think of Catherine?
5. What does Catherine accept in Chapter 15?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)