|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman say in the secret meeting in Chapter 16?
(a) That he should run away.
(b) That he should marry Catherine in secret.
(c) That he should meet Dr. Sloper in private.
(d) That he should get a job to prove his worth.
2. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
(a) That her father is a great man.
(b) That her father dislikes him.
(c) That her father likes him.
(d) That he wants to marry her.
3. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
(a) That he won't give in.
(b) That he wants her out.
(c) That he is angry at her.
(d) That he will disown her.
4. What does Catherine fear in Chapter 10?
(a) Upsetting her father.
(b) Upsetting Mr. Townsend.
(c) Telling her father she married Mr. Townsend.
(d) Upsetting Mrs. Penniman.
5. For what does Mr. Townsend not provide?
(a) His ex wife.
(b) His children.
(c) His sister.
(d) His sister's children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
2. What is Catherine pleased to learn from Mrs. Penniman?
3. Where are Catherine and her father after 6 months in Europe?
4. Who is Mrs. Penniman forbid to see in Chapter 19?
5. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)