|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
(a) That Mrs. Almond prevent Mr. Townsend from staying at her house.
(b) That Mrs. Montgomery come to see him at his practice.
(c) To meet Mr. Townsend privately.
(d) To meet with Mrs. Montgomery.
2. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
(a) By telling her about her intelligence shortfall.
(b) By telling her about her physical shortcomings.
(c) By teasing her about her cousin marrying.
(d) By teasing her about Mr. Townsend's proposing to her.
3. What does Mr. Townsend suggest Catherine and him do?
(a) Get married with Mrs. Penniman as a witness.
(b) Get married in secret, but live separately.
(d) Wait for her father.
4. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
(a) Across town.
(b) In Boston.
(c) Two towns over.
(d) On the same street.
5. What would Dr. Sloper rather have his daughter believe than seeing her in an unhappy marriage?
(a) That he hates Mr. Townsend.
(b) That he wants money for himself.
(c) That he will never surrender.
(d) That he hates her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
2. What is Catherine doing while being pushed out of the study?
3. Of what is Mrs Penniman aware?
4. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
5. What suggestion from Catherine does Mr. Townsend turn down?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)