|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
(a) Mrs. Almond.
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Catherine and Mrs. Penniman.
2. How is Mrs. Montgomery's house according to Chapter 14?
(a) Small and modest.
(b) Large and well decorated.
(c) Small and cozy.
(d) Large and decrepit.
3. How does Catherine feel when close to Mr. Townsend?
4. What does Mrs Penniman suggest Mr Townsend do?
(a) Change Dr. Sloper's mind before they leave.
(b) Get a job while they are gone.
(c) Wait to marry Catherine.
(d) Follow Catherine.
5. What does Dr. Sloper assure Mrs Montgomery?
(a) That he will not allow his daughter to marry Mr. Townsend.
(b) That her children will go to college.
(c) That her house will be fixed.
(d) That her brother will not bother her again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine about before heading back to the U.S.?
2. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
3. What does Dr. Sloper hope his daughter will learn during their trip?
4. What does Dr. Sloper refuse to do?
5. How long do Catherine and her father end up spending in Europe?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)