|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he is worthy of Catherine.
(b) That he is insistent on marrying despite Dr. Sloper's words.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is not after Catherine's money.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is not interested in Catherine.
2. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
(a) That he wants her out.
(b) That he is angry at her.
(c) That he won't give in.
(d) That he will disown her.
3. Of what is Mrs Penniman aware?
(a) The fight between Catherine and her father.
(b) Dr. Sloper's tracking of Mr. Towsend's expenses.
(c) Mr. Townsend's doubting of the engagement.
(d) The fight between Catherine and Mr. Townsend.
4. With whom does Mrs. Penniman argue in Chapter 27?
(a) Dr. Sloper.
(b) Mrs. Almond.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
5. How old is Dr Sloper in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
2. What is Catherine state of mind at the start of Chapter 17?
3. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
4. What does Dr. Sloper insist Mr Townsend wants?
5. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)