|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose advice does Catherine follow at the start of Chapter 18?
(a) Her aunt's.
(b) Her father's.
(c) Her cousin's.
(d) Her friend's.
2. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) Because of a religious obligation.
(b) For money.
(c) Because of a family obligation.
(d) For love.
3. What does Mrs. Penniman say she might have been in haste to do?
(a) Proposing a secret meeting.
(b) Proposing that Mr. Townsend follow Catherine.
(c) Proposing to elope.
(d) Proposing to marry before the trip.
4. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing to impress the person he is meeting?
(a) Become his apprentice.
(b) Work a lowly job.
(c) Return the horse Catherine gave him.
(d) Go back to school.
5. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
(a) Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Catherine and Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Mrs. Almond.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what should Catherine look forward according to the conversation she is having?
2. What does the person with whom Mrs Penniman is talking continually argue in Chapter 27?
3. When does Catherine speak to her father in Chapter 11?
4. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 18?
5. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)