|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him that advice?
(a) Because he misread Mr. Townsend.
(b) Because Catherine does not deserve such treatment.
(c) Because Mrs. Penniman means well.
(d) Because Catherine will never relent.
2. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
(a) 40,000 a year.
(b) 30,000 a year.
(c) 20,000 a year.
(d) 10,000 a year.
3. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 26?
(a) That her father is wavering in his decision.
(b) That her father did not change his mind.
(c) That her father wants her to wait another six months.
(d) That her father has found another suitor for her.
4. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His sister, Mrs. Almond.
(d) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
5. When does Catherine speak to her father in Chapter 11?
(a) During lunch.
(b) At breakfast.
(c) At night.
(d) At tea time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine try to do, but fails?
2. How is Catherine towards others?
3. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine?
4. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
5. What does Catherine think of her actions?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)