|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine feel when close to Mr. Townsend?
2. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he meet with Mr. Townsend's sister.
(b) That he look at an old newpaper about the Townsend family.
(c) That he not try to go against his daughter's choice.
(d) That he talk to Townsend's cousin.
3. Whose advice does Catherine follow at the start of Chapter 18?
(a) Her father's.
(b) Her cousin's.
(c) Her aunt's.
(d) Her friend's.
4. Mr. Townsend does not want Catherine to suffer the indignity of what?
(a) Being left out of her father's will.
(b) Being tracked down for an unlawful marriage.
(c) Being a social outcast.
(d) Being the laughing stock of the family.
5. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing to impress the person he is meeting?
2. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
3. How long do Catherine and her father end up spending in Europe?
4. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
5. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)