|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman arrange to do in secret?
(a) See the judge.
(b) See Mr. Townsend.
(c) See Mrs. Montgomery.
(d) See Mrs. Almond.
2. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her best friend, Caroline.
(d) Her aunt.
3. What is Mrs. Montgomery hesitant to say anything about?
(a) Her family history.
(b) Her brother. Mr Townsend.
(c) How her husband died.
(d) How much of an income she has.
4. What does Dr. Sloper tease Catherine about?
(a) Her outgrowing her stoutness.
(b) Her making friends.
(c) Her sudden beauty.
(d) Her being in love.
5. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
(a) Learn about Mr. Townsend.
(b) Teach his daughter a lesson.
(c) Get his daughter married as soon as possible.
(d) Encourage the relationship between Mr. Townsend and his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
2. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
3. With what is Dr. Sloper annoyed in Chapter 15?
4. What does Mr. Townsend insist on doing elsewhere?
5. How does Mrs Montgomery describe her brother?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)