|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine try to do, but fails?
(a) Rent an appartment.
(b) Make her father change his mind.
(c) Take a loan out.
(d) Buy a horse.
2. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
3. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
(a) Sitting and listening.
(b) Talking to Mr. Townsend.
(c) Entertaining her cousin's fiance.
(d) Looking out the window.
4. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
5. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1830's.
(b) In the 1840's.
(c) In the 1810's.
(d) In the 1820's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman tell Catherine?
2. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
3. Who does Mr. Townsend insist he does not live off?
4. Of what does Mr. Townsend say he took charge?
5. What does Mr. Townsend say he does not want to do any longer?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)