|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine accept in Chapter 15?
(a) That she will need to elope.
(b) That she will need to find someone else.
(c) That she will never marry.
(d) That she will have to wait her father out.
2. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
(a) Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) His sister Mrs Almond.
(d) His daughter.
3. How does Mrs Montgomery describe her brother?
(a) Hard working.
4. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
(a) Visiting his sister.
(b) Coming to Washington Square.
(c) Speaking with Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Justifying himself to others.
5. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
(a) That Mrs. Montgomery come to see him at his practice.
(b) That Mrs. Almond prevent Mr. Townsend from staying at her house.
(c) To meet with Mrs. Montgomery.
(d) To meet Mr. Townsend privately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
2. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
3. What does Catherine try to do, but fails?
4. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
5. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)