|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
(a) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) His sister, Mrs. Almond.
(d) His daughter.
2. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) On Sundays.
(b) On Tuesdays.
(c) On Wednesdays.
(d) On Mondays.
3. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to forgo?
(a) Her father's advice.
(b) Her father's consent.
(c) Her father's will.
(d) Mr. Townsend's refusal to marry without her father's consent.
4. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few days.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few hours.
5. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
(a) Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Mrs. Almond.
(d) Catherine and Mrs. Penniman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper insist Mr Townsend wants?
2. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
3. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
4. What does Dr. Sloper pledge to Mrs. Montgomery?
5. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)