|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Catherine meet Mr. Townsend?
(a) At the Almonds.
(b) In her garden.
(c) In her house.
(d) In a park.
2. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
(a) What Mrs. Penniman is planning.
(b) What Mrs. Penniman and Mr. Townsend discussed.
(c) What Mrs. Almond is planning.
(d) What Dr. Sloper is planning.
3. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing to impress the person he is meeting?
(a) Become his apprentice.
(b) Return the horse Catherine gave him.
(c) Work a lowly job.
(d) Go back to school.
4. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
(a) He lost his small fortune.
(b) He wants to make a difference in the world.
(c) He wants to impress his sister.
(d) He wants to keep busy.
5. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
(a) Sitting and listening.
(b) Talking to Mr. Townsend.
(c) Looking out the window.
(d) Entertaining her cousin's fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
2. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
3. What does Mrs. Penniman think her advice would cause Dr. Sloper to do?
4. What does Mrs Penniman encourage Catherine to do?
5. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)