|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Catherine close?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her best friend Caroline.
(d) Her siblings.
2. With whom does Dr Sloper want to talk?
(a) His sister.
(b) His brother-in-law.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) His nephew.
3. What does Mrs Penniman tell Catherine?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is going to get a job.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is having second thoughts.
(c) That Mr. Townsend still wants to marry her.
(d) That Mr. Townsend wants her money.
4. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend wishes to court her.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is married.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is not really interested in her.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is interested in her friend Caroline.
5. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 13?
(a) Mrs. Montgomery.
(b) His sister, Mrs Almond.
(c) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
2. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
3. What is Catherine state of mind at the start of Chapter 17?
4. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
5. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)