|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine accept in Chapter 15?
(a) That she will never marry.
(b) That she will need to elope.
(c) That she will have to wait her father out.
(d) That she will need to find someone else.
2. What does Mrs Penniman tell Catherine?
(a) That Mr. Townsend still wants to marry her.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is having second thoughts.
(c) That Mr. Townsend wants her money.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is going to get a job.
3. What is Mrs. Montgomery hesitant to say anything about?
(a) Her brother. Mr Townsend.
(b) How much of an income she has.
(c) How her husband died.
(d) Her family history.
4. What does Mrs Penniman encourage Catherine to do?
(a) Continue to persuade her father.
(b) Continue to send messages through Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Continue to send love letters.
(d) Continue to see Mr. Townsend.
5. What does Mrs Penniman arrange to do in secret?
(a) See Mrs. Montgomery.
(b) See Mrs. Almond.
(c) See Mr. Townsend.
(d) See the judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Townsend come to meet in Chapter 12?
2. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
3. How is Mrs. Montgomery's house according to Chapter 14?
4. How is Catherine towards others?
5. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)