|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Dr Sloper's sister take control?
(a) Dr. Sloper's practice.
(b) Dr. Sloper's love life.
(c) The house work.
(d) The raising of Catherine.
2. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her best friend, Caroline.
(d) Her father.
3. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
(a) His sister, Mrs. Almond.
(b) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) His daughter.
4. What worries Mr. Townsend about Mrs Penniman's advice?
(a) That Dr. Sloper would cut Catherine off completely.
(b) That Catherine would not have her mother's money.
(c) That Dr. Sloper would call the police.
(d) That Catherine would not have a place to live.
5. Where does Catherine meet Mr. Townsend?
(a) In a park.
(b) In her garden.
(c) At the Almonds.
(d) In her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to forgo?
2. What does Mr. Townsend insist on doing elsewhere?
3. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
4. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
5. What does Dr. Sloper refuse to do?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)