|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is not really interested in her.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is married.
(c) That Mr. Townsend wishes to court her.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is interested in her friend Caroline.
2. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
(a) Justifying himself to others.
(b) Coming to Washington Square.
(c) Visiting his sister.
(d) Speaking with Mrs. Penniman.
3. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
(a) That Catherine might elope.
(b) That Mr. Townsend might be married.
(c) That Mr. Townsend might propose to Catherine.
(d) That Mrs. Penniman might have found her next husband.
5. What does Dr. Sloper pledge to Mrs. Montgomery?
(b) His support.
(c) A horse.
(d) Work on her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
2. When does Catherine speak to her father in Chapter 11?
3. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
4. Where does Catherine meet her first beau?
5. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)