|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend say he does not want to do any longer?
(a) Talk to Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Go to Washington Square.
(c) Talk to her.
(d) Cross paths with her father.
2. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
(a) That Mr. Townsend might be married.
(b) That Mrs. Penniman might have found her next husband.
(c) That Catherine might elope.
(d) That Mr. Townsend might propose to Catherine.
3. Of what does Dr Sloper's sister take control?
(a) The raising of Catherine.
(b) Dr. Sloper's practice.
(c) The house work.
(d) Dr. Sloper's love life.
4. What does Dr. Sloper refuse to do?
(a) Give his consent.
(b) Give Mr.Townsend a horse.
(c) Give Mr. Townsend a loan.
(d) Allow Catherine to move out of the house.
5. What does Catherine hope to accomplish?
(a) Soften her father's reaction to her taking a loan out.
(b) Soften her father's reaction to buying a horse..
(c) Soften her father's reaction to her moving out.
(d) Soften her father's reaction to their engagement.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
2. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
3. What does Mrs. Penniman say in the secret meeting in Chapter 16?
4. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
5. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)