|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
(a) It has become surrounded with annoying neighbors.
(b) It has become surrounded with new rich.
(c) It has become surrounded with businesses.
(d) It has become surrounded with factories.
2. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
(a) In a park.
(b) At her house.
(c) At her cousin's house.
(d) At a library.
3. What is Catherine state of mind at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) She is frustrated.
(b) She is annoyed.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is depressed.
4. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Elope with Catherine.
(b) Propose to Catherine.
(c) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
(d) Talk to Catherine's father.
5. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
(a) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His sister, Mrs. Almond.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Catherine meet Mr. Townsend?
2. What does Dr. Sloper tease Catherine about?
3. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
4. Of what does Mr. Townsend say he took charge?
5. What does Mrs. Penniman think her advice would cause Dr. Sloper to do?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)