|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
(a) Visiting his sister.
(b) Coming to Washington Square.
(c) Justifying himself to others.
(d) Speaking with Mrs. Penniman.
2. What does Mrs. Penniman say in the secret meeting in Chapter 16?
(a) That he should meet Dr. Sloper in private.
(b) That he should run away.
(c) That he should marry Catherine in secret.
(d) That he should get a job to prove his worth.
3. How does Dr. Sloper offend the person in Chapter 9?
(a) By asking how he lost his money.
(b) By asking about his family.
(c) By asking him about his job hunting.
(d) By asking him to stop seeing Catherine.
4. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to forgo?
(a) Mr. Townsend's refusal to marry without her father's consent.
(b) Her father's consent.
(c) Her father's advice.
(d) Her father's will.
5. What does Catherine accept in Chapter 15?
(a) That she will have to wait her father out.
(b) That she will need to elope.
(c) That she will never marry.
(d) That she will need to find someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Townsend come to meet in Chapter 12?
2. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
3. Who is Marian marrying?
4. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
5. When does Catherine speak to her father in Chapter 11?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)