|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Catherine close?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her best friend Caroline.
(d) Her siblings.
2. What does Dr. Sloper assure Mrs Montgomery?
(a) That he will not allow his daughter to marry Mr. Townsend.
(b) That her children will go to college.
(c) That her brother will not bother her again.
(d) That her house will be fixed.
3. What does Mrs. Penniman think her advice would cause Dr. Sloper to do?
(a) Accept that he has been a jerk.
(b) Accept that a man does not need a job to marry.
(c) Accept that Mr. Townsend is worthy of his daughter.
(d) Accept Mr. Townsend and Catherine's union.
4. How does Dr. Sloper offend the person in Chapter 9?
(a) By asking him to stop seeing Catherine.
(b) By asking him about his job hunting.
(c) By asking how he lost his money.
(d) By asking about his family.
5. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
(a) His older sister.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) His younger sister.
(d) Mrs. Montgomery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
2. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
3. When does Dr. Sloper's son die?
4. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
5. How old is Dr Sloper in Chapter 1?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)