|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
(a) Teach his daughter a lesson.
(b) Get his daughter married as soon as possible.
(c) Learn about Mr. Townsend.
(d) Encourage the relationship between Mr. Townsend and his daughter.
2. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1830's.
(b) In the 1840's.
(c) In the 1820's.
(d) In the 1810's.
3. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Elope with Catherine.
(b) Propose to Catherine.
(c) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
(d) Talk to Catherine's father.
4. To whom is Catherine close?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her best friend Caroline.
(c) Her siblings.
(d) Her cousins.
5. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
(a) In Boston.
(b) Across town.
(c) Two towns over.
(d) On the same street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
2. With whom does Dr Sloper want to talk?
3. When does Catherine speak to her father in Chapter 11?
4. What does Dr. Sloper refuse to do?
5. What does Dr. Sloper ask Mr Townsend about?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)