|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
2. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
(a) Entertaining her cousin's fiance.
(b) Talking to Mr. Townsend.
(c) Sitting and listening.
(d) Looking out the window.
3. Who does Mr. Townsend come to meet in Chapter 12?
(a) Mrs. Almond.
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Dr. Sloper.
4. What does Dr. Sloper ask Mr Townsend about?
(a) His ex wife.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His job prospects.
(d) How he lost his fortune.
5. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine try to do, but fails?
2. What does Catherine hope to accomplish?
3. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
4. With whom does Dr Sloper want to talk?
5. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)