|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine try to do, but fails?
(a) Take a loan out.
(b) Buy a horse.
(c) Rent an appartment.
(d) Make her father change his mind.
2. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
(a) Plain and stout.
(b) Clever and beautiful.
(c) Interesting and stout.
(d) Plain and beautiful.
3. Where does Catherine meet Mr. Townsend?
(a) In her garden.
(b) In her house.
(c) At the Almonds.
(d) In a park.
4. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(c) His cousin.
(d) Her father.
5. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
(b) Propose to Catherine.
(c) Elope with Catherine.
(d) Talk to Catherine's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper ask Mr Townsend about?
2. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
3. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
4. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
5. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)