|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
(a) By teasing her about Mr. Townsend's proposing to her.
(b) By teasing her about her cousin marrying.
(c) By telling her about her physical shortcomings.
(d) By telling her about her intelligence shortfall.
2. What does Mr. Townsend insist on doing elsewhere?
(b) Marrying Catherine.
(c) Meeting with Catherine.
(d) Meeting Catherine's father.
3. To whom is Catherine close?
(a) Her best friend Caroline.
(b) Her siblings.
(c) Her cousins.
(d) Her father.
4. What is Dr. Sloper told about Mr. Townsend?
(a) That he is a nice person.
(b) Not much.
(c) That he is rich.
(d) That he is selfish.
5. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
(a) Washington Square.
(b) The Almond's house.
(c) Mrs. Montgomery's.
(d) The St. Thomas Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine fear in Chapter 10?
2. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
3. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
4. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
5. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)