|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
(a) Take a loan.
(b) Buy a horse.
(c) Talk to his sister.
(d) Talk to her father.
2. To whom is Catherine close?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her siblings.
(d) Her best friend Caroline.
3. What does Catherine fear in Chapter 10?
(a) Upsetting her father.
(b) Upsetting Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Telling her father she married Mr. Townsend.
(d) Upsetting Mr. Townsend.
4. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine?
(a) That her father wounded him.
(b) That her father likes him.
(c) That her father is out to get him.
(d) That her father wants her married.
5. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
(a) At a library.
(b) At her cousin's house.
(c) In a park.
(d) At her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
2. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
3. What does Catherine hope to accomplish?
4. What does Dr. Sloper insist Mr Townsend wants?
5. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)