|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
(a) It has become surrounded with annoying neighbors.
(b) It has become surrounded with new rich.
(c) It has become surrounded with factories.
(d) It has become surrounded with businesses.
2. Who does Dr Sloper offend?
(b) Mrs. Almond.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
3. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) Mrs. Montgomery.
(c) The Almond's house.
(d) The South Western Park.
4. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
5. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend wishes to court her.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is interested in her friend Caroline.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is not really interested in her.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine try to do, but fails?
2. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
3. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
4. When does Dr. Sloper's son die?
5. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)