|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
(a) Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Dr. Sloper.
(d) His cousin.
2. How is Catherine towards others?
3. Who does Mr. Townsend insist he does not live off?
(a) His cousin.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His sister.
4. Of what does Dr Sloper's sister take control?
(a) The house work.
(b) Dr. Sloper's love life.
(c) The raising of Catherine.
(d) Dr. Sloper's practice.
5. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1840's.
(b) In the 1810's.
(c) In the 1830's.
(d) In the 1820's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine agree to do?
2. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister?
3. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
4. To whom is Catherine close?
5. What does Catherine try to do, but fails?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)