|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is interested in her friend Caroline.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is married.
(c) That Mr. Townsend wishes to court her.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is not really interested in her.
2. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
(a) In Boston.
(b) Across town.
(c) On the same street.
(d) Two towns over.
3. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
(a) It has become surrounded with businesses.
(b) It has become surrounded with factories.
(c) It has become surrounded with annoying neighbors.
(d) It has become surrounded with new rich.
4. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
5. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
(b) Her father.
(c) Mrs. Penniman.
(d) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
2. To whom is Catherine close?
3. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
4. How does Catherine feel when close to Mr. Townsend?
5. Who is Marian marrying?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)