|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets do in response to his visit?
(a) Remains alone all day.
(b) Keeps Catherine in her room.
(c) Sends Mrs Penniman to wait.
(d) Sneaks out of the house.
2. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
(a) Talk to her father.
(b) Buy a horse.
(c) Talk to his sister.
(d) Take a loan.
3. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing to impress the person he is meeting?
(a) Go back to school.
(b) Work a lowly job.
(c) Become his apprentice.
(d) Return the horse Catherine gave him.
4. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
(a) It has become surrounded with businesses.
(b) It has become surrounded with new rich.
(c) It has become surrounded with factories.
(d) It has become surrounded with annoying neighbors.
5. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
(a) That her realism will influence Catherine.
(b) That her romanticism will influence Catherine.
(c) That her feminism will influence Catherine.
(d) That her narcissism will influence Catherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
2. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
3. What does Mr. Townsend insist on doing elsewhere?
4. What does Mr. Townsend say he does not want to do any longer?
5. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)