|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
(a) Buy a horse.
(b) Take a loan.
(c) Talk to his sister.
(d) Talk to her father.
2. What does Dr. Sloper tease Catherine about?
(a) Her making friends.
(b) Her being in love.
(c) Her sudden beauty.
(d) Her outgrowing her stoutness.
3. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
(d) New York.
4. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) For money.
(b) For love.
(c) Because of a religious obligation.
(d) Because of a family obligation.
5. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
(a) Interesting and stout.
(b) Clever and beautiful.
(c) Plain and stout.
(d) Plain and beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
2. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
3. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister?
4. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
5. Who does Mr. Townsend insist he does not live off?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)