|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing to impress the person he is meeting?
(a) Become his apprentice.
(b) Work a lowly job.
(c) Go back to school.
(d) Return the horse Catherine gave him.
2. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
(a) The Almond's house.
(b) Mrs. Montgomery's.
(c) Washington Square.
(d) The St. Thomas Church.
3. What does Mr. Townsend say he does not want to do any longer?
(a) Talk to her.
(b) Go to Washington Square.
(c) Talk to Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Cross paths with her father.
4. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he look at an old newpaper about the Townsend family.
(b) That he talk to Townsend's cousin.
(c) That he not try to go against his daughter's choice.
(d) That he meet with Mr. Townsend's sister.
5. Who does Dr Sloper offend?
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Mrs. Almond.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Sloper find in the room with the person with whom he wants to talk ?
2. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
3. Where does Catherine meet her first beau?
4. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
5. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)