|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) His daughter.
(c) Mrs. Penniman.
(d) His sister Mrs Almond.
2. Who does Mr. Townsend come to meet in Chapter 12?
(b) Dr. Sloper.
(c) Mrs. Almond.
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
3. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
(a) Talk to his sister.
(b) Talk to her father.
(c) Take a loan.
(d) Buy a horse.
4. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
(a) Spend all of Catherine's money and force her to live in poverty.
(b) Marry Catherine, but refuse to have children.
(c) Leave Catherine for a younger woman.
(d) Move to Europe with Catherine.
5. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) Because of a family obligation.
(b) For money.
(c) Because of a religious obligation.
(d) For love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
2. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
3. What does Dr. Sloper insist Mr Townsend wants?
4. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
5. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)