|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
(a) Of being poor.
(b) Of living off his ex wife.
(c) Living off of his sister.
(d) Of wanting to marry someone other than his daughter.
2. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her best friend, Caroline.
(d) Her aunt.
3. Who does Dr Sloper offend?
(a) Mrs. Almond.
(c) Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
4. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
(a) 20,000 a year.
(b) 40,000 a year.
(c) 10,000 a year.
(d) 30,000 a year.
5. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he look at an old newpaper about the Townsend family.
(b) That he not try to go against his daughter's choice.
(c) That he talk to Townsend's cousin.
(d) That he meet with Mr. Townsend's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Sloper move in Chapter 3?
2. Who does Mr. Townsend insist he does not live off?
3. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
4. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
5. How does Catherine feel when close to Mr. Townsend?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)