|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) For money.
(b) Because of a religious obligation.
(c) Because of a family obligation.
(d) For love.
2. Who does Mr. Townsend come to meet in Chapter 12?
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Mrs. Almond.
(d) Dr. Sloper.
3. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine?
(a) That her father wants her married.
(b) That her father is out to get him.
(c) That her father wounded him.
(d) That her father likes him.
4. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
(a) Two towns over.
(b) On the same street.
(c) Across town.
(d) In Boston.
5. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
2. With whom does Dr Sloper want to talk?
3. When does Catherine speak to her father in Chapter 11?
4. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
5. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)