|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister?
(a) That she raise Catherine to be a good wife.
(b) That she raise Catherine to be clever.
(c) That she raise Catherine to be beautiful.
(d) That she raise Catherine to be prissy.
2. What does Catherine hope to accomplish?
(a) Soften her father's reaction to her moving out.
(b) Soften her father's reaction to their engagement.
(c) Soften her father's reaction to buying a horse..
(d) Soften her father's reaction to her taking a loan out.
3. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
(a) That her romanticism will influence Catherine.
(b) That her narcissism will influence Catherine.
(c) That her feminism will influence Catherine.
(d) That her realism will influence Catherine.
4. When does Catherine speak to her father in Chapter 11?
(a) During lunch.
(b) At breakfast.
(c) At tea time.
(d) At night.
5. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) The South Western Park.
(b) The Almond's house.
(c) Mrs. Montgomery.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
2. What is Dr. Sloper told about Mr. Townsend?
3. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
4. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
5. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)