|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he not try to go against his daughter's choice.
(b) That he meet with Mr. Townsend's sister.
(c) That he talk to Townsend's cousin.
(d) That he look at an old newpaper about the Townsend family.
2. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
3. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
(a) He lost his small fortune.
(b) He wants to impress his sister.
(c) He wants to make a difference in the world.
(d) He wants to keep busy.
4. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her friend. Caroline.
(d) Her father.
5. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
(a) That her father dislikes him.
(b) That he wants to marry her.
(c) That her father likes him.
(d) That her father is a great man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper tease Catherine about?
2. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
3. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
4. What is Dr. Sloper told about Mr. Townsend?
5. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)