|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
(a) That Catherine might elope.
(b) That Mr. Townsend might propose to Catherine.
(c) That Mr. Townsend might be married.
(d) That Mrs. Penniman might have found her next husband.
2. What is Dr. Sloper told about Mr. Townsend?
(a) That he is a nice person.
(b) That he is selfish.
(c) That he is rich.
(d) Not much.
3. Where does Dr. Sloper move in Chapter 3?
(a) To Boston Square.
(b) To Washington Square.
(c) To Boston Circle.
(d) To Washington Circle.
4. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1810's.
(b) In the 1830's.
(c) In the 1820's.
(d) In the 1840's.
5. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
(a) That her father is a great man.
(b) That her father likes him.
(c) That he wants to marry her.
(d) That her father dislikes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
2. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
3. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
4. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
5. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)