|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
(a) 20,000 a year.
(b) 30,000 a year.
(c) 40,000 a year.
(d) 10,000 a year.
2. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
(a) That her romanticism will influence Catherine.
(b) That her narcissism will influence Catherine.
(c) That her feminism will influence Catherine.
(d) That her realism will influence Catherine.
3. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
(a) Interesting and stout.
(b) Plain and beautiful.
(c) Plain and stout.
(d) Clever and beautiful.
4. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1810's.
(b) In the 1820's.
(c) In the 1830's.
(d) In the 1840's.
5. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
(b) Elope with Catherine.
(c) Talk to Catherine's father.
(d) Propose to Catherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
2. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
3. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
4. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
5. How old is Dr Sloper in Chapter 1?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)