|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
2. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is married.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is interested in her friend Caroline.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is not really interested in her.
(d) That Mr. Townsend wishes to court her.
3. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
(a) It has become surrounded with factories.
(b) It has become surrounded with businesses.
(c) It has become surrounded with new rich.
(d) It has become surrounded with annoying neighbors.
4. What does Dr. Sloper tease Catherine about?
(a) Her sudden beauty.
(b) Her outgrowing her stoutness.
(c) Her being in love.
(d) Her making friends.
5. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
(a) Get his daughter married as soon as possible.
(b) Learn about Mr. Townsend.
(c) Teach his daughter a lesson.
(d) Encourage the relationship between Mr. Townsend and his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
2. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
3. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
4. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
5. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)