|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
(d) New York.
2. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
(a) That her romanticism will influence Catherine.
(b) That her narcissism will influence Catherine.
(c) That her feminism will influence Catherine.
(d) That her realism will influence Catherine.
3. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
(a) His sister Mrs Almond.
(b) His daughter.
(c) Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
4. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
(a) Of living off his ex wife.
(b) Living off of his sister.
(c) Of being poor.
(d) Of wanting to marry someone other than his daughter.
5. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) For money.
(b) Because of a religious obligation.
(c) For love.
(d) Because of a family obligation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
2. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
3. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
4. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
5. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)