|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dr. Sloper's son die?
(a) At age 6.
(b) At age 5.
(c) At age 4.
(d) At age 3.
2. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
(a) That Mrs. Penniman might have found her next husband.
(b) That Mr. Townsend might propose to Catherine.
(c) That Mr. Townsend might be married.
(d) That Catherine might elope.
3. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
(a) Of living off his ex wife.
(b) Of wanting to marry someone other than his daughter.
(c) Of being poor.
(d) Living off of his sister.
4. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
(a) Her best friend, Caroline.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her aunt.
5. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
2. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
3. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
4. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
5. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)