|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
(a) 10,000 a year.
(b) 30,000 a year.
(c) 40,000 a year.
(d) 20,000 a year.
2. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
(a) That her narcissism will influence Catherine.
(b) That her romanticism will influence Catherine.
(c) That her feminism will influence Catherine.
(d) That her realism will influence Catherine.
3. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
(a) Dr. Sloper.
(b) His cousin.
(c) Mrs. Penniman.
4. Where does Dr. Sloper move in Chapter 3?
(a) To Washington Square.
(b) To Boston Circle.
(c) To Boston Square.
(d) To Washington Circle.
5. When does Dr. Sloper's son die?
(a) At age 6.
(b) At age 4.
(c) At age 3.
(d) At age 5.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
2. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister?
3. What does Dr. Sloper ask Mr Townsend about?
4. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
5. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)