|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His sister, Mrs. Almond.
(d) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
2. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
(a) Encourage the relationship between Mr. Townsend and his daughter.
(b) Learn about Mr. Townsend.
(c) Get his daughter married as soon as possible.
(d) Teach his daughter a lesson.
3. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her friend. Caroline.
4. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
(a) His younger sister.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) Mrs. Montgomery.
(d) His older sister.
5. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
(a) By teasing her about her cousin marrying.
(b) By telling her about her physical shortcomings.
(c) By telling her about her intelligence shortfall.
(d) By teasing her about Mr. Townsend's proposing to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
2. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
3. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
4. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
5. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)