|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is married.
(b) That Mr. Townsend wishes to court her.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is interested in her friend Caroline.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is not really interested in her.
2. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1840's.
(b) In the 1830's.
(c) In the 1820's.
(d) In the 1810's.
3. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
(a) Mr. Almond.
(b) Mr. Seed.
(c) Mr. Corn.
(d) Mr. Peanut.
4. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Elope with Catherine.
(b) Talk to Catherine's father.
(c) Propose to Catherine.
(d) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
5. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
(a) At her house.
(b) At her cousin's house.
(c) In a park.
(d) At a library.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
2. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
3. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
4. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
5. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)