|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
(a) 20,000 a year.
(b) 30,000 a year.
(c) 10,000 a year.
(d) 40,000 a year.
2. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
(a) Of being poor.
(b) Living off of his sister.
(c) Of wanting to marry someone other than his daughter.
(d) Of living off his ex wife.
3. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1810's.
(b) In the 1840's.
(c) In the 1830's.
(d) In the 1820's.
4. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister?
(a) That she raise Catherine to be a good wife.
(b) That she raise Catherine to be clever.
(c) That she raise Catherine to be prissy.
(d) That she raise Catherine to be beautiful.
5. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
(a) His younger sister.
(b) Mrs. Montgomery.
(c) His older sister.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
2. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
3. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
4. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
5. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)