|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her best friend, Caroline.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her aunt.
2. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
(a) His cousin.
(b) Her father.
(c) Mrs. Penniman.
3. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
(a) It has become surrounded with factories.
(b) It has become surrounded with annoying neighbors.
(c) It has become surrounded with new rich.
(d) It has become surrounded with businesses.
4. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
(a) His sister, Mrs. Almond.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
(d) His daughter.
5. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
(a) That Mr. Townsend might be married.
(b) That Mr. Townsend might propose to Catherine.
(c) That Catherine might elope.
(d) That Mrs. Penniman might have found her next husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
2. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
3. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
4. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
5. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)