|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
(a) It has become surrounded with new rich.
(b) It has become surrounded with businesses.
(c) It has become surrounded with factories.
(d) It has become surrounded with annoying neighbors.
2. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
(a) Plain and beautiful.
(b) Plain and stout.
(c) Interesting and stout.
(d) Clever and beautiful.
3. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
(a) Talking to Mr. Townsend.
(b) Looking out the window.
(c) Entertaining her cousin's fiance.
(d) Sitting and listening.
4. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is married.
(b) That Mr. Townsend wishes to court her.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is not really interested in her.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is interested in her friend Caroline.
5. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
(a) His sister, Mrs. Almond.
(b) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Dr. Sloper's son die?
2. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
3. How is Catherine towards others?
4. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
5. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)