|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
(a) Dr. Sloper.
(b) His cousin.
(c) Mrs. Penniman.
2. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
(a) His older sister.
(b) His younger sister.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) Mrs. Montgomery.
3. Who is Marian marrying?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A store owner.
(c) A stock broker.
(d) A doctor.
4. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he not try to go against his daughter's choice.
(b) That he look at an old newpaper about the Townsend family.
(c) That he talk to Townsend's cousin.
(d) That he meet with Mr. Townsend's sister.
5. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
(a) He lost his small fortune.
(b) He wants to impress his sister.
(c) He wants to keep busy.
(d) He wants to make a difference in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
2. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
3. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
4. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
5. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)