|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Sloper told about Mr. Townsend?
(a) That he is selfish.
(b) Not much.
(c) That he is a nice person.
(d) That he is rich.
2. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few days.
3. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
(c) His sister, Mrs. Almond.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
4. To whom is Catherine close?
(a) Her cousins.
(b) Her best friend Caroline.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her siblings.
5. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend wishes to court her.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is married.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is interested in her friend Caroline.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is not really interested in her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
2. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
3. Of what does Dr Sloper's sister take control?
4. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
5. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)