|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he talk to Townsend's cousin.
(b) That he meet with Mr. Townsend's sister.
(c) That he not try to go against his daughter's choice.
(d) That he look at an old newpaper about the Townsend family.
2. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
3. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
(a) That her romanticism will influence Catherine.
(b) That her realism will influence Catherine.
(c) That her feminism will influence Catherine.
(d) That her narcissism will influence Catherine.
4. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
(a) That her father likes him.
(b) That her father dislikes him.
(c) That her father is a great man.
(d) That he wants to marry her.
5. Who is Marian marrying?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A stock broker.
(d) A store owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
2. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
3. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
4. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
5. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)