|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
(a) That her father is a great man.
(b) That her father likes him.
(c) That her father dislikes him.
(d) That he wants to marry her.
2. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
(a) That Catherine might elope.
(b) That Mr. Townsend might propose to Catherine.
(c) That Mr. Townsend might be married.
(d) That Mrs. Penniman might have found her next husband.
3. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
4. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister?
(a) That she raise Catherine to be beautiful.
(b) That she raise Catherine to be a good wife.
(c) That she raise Catherine to be clever.
(d) That she raise Catherine to be prissy.
5. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he not try to go against his daughter's choice.
(b) That he meet with Mr. Townsend's sister.
(c) That he look at an old newpaper about the Townsend family.
(d) That he talk to Townsend's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
2. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
3. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
4. Who is Marian marrying?
5. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)