|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
(d) New York.
2. What does Dr. Sloper tease Catherine about?
(a) Her outgrowing her stoutness.
(b) Her sudden beauty.
(c) Her being in love.
(d) Her making friends.
3. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
(a) Get his daughter married as soon as possible.
(b) Teach his daughter a lesson.
(c) Encourage the relationship between Mr. Townsend and his daughter.
(d) Learn about Mr. Townsend.
4. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
(a) By telling her about her physical shortcomings.
(b) By teasing her about her cousin marrying.
(c) By teasing her about Mr. Townsend's proposing to her.
(d) By telling her about her intelligence shortfall.
5. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend wishes to court her.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is married.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is not really interested in her.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is interested in her friend Caroline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
2. What is Dr. Sloper told about Mr. Townsend?
3. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
4. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
5. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)