|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper ask Mr Townsend about?
(a) His job prospects.
(b) His ex wife.
(c) His childhood.
(d) How he lost his fortune.
2. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Elope with Catherine.
(b) Talk to Catherine's father.
(c) Propose to Catherine.
(d) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
3. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
(a) The Almond's house.
(b) The St. Thomas Church.
(c) Washington Square.
(d) Mrs. Montgomery's.
4. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1810's.
(b) In the 1840's.
(c) In the 1820's.
(d) In the 1830's.
5. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he not try to go against his daughter's choice.
(b) That he talk to Townsend's cousin.
(c) That he look at an old newpaper about the Townsend family.
(d) That he meet with Mr. Townsend's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
2. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
3. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
4. Who is Marian marrying?
5. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)