|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Propose to Catherine.
(b) Talk to Catherine's father.
(c) Elope with Catherine.
(d) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
2. Where does Dr. Sloper move in Chapter 3?
(a) To Boston Circle.
(b) To Boston Square.
(c) To Washington Square.
(d) To Washington Circle.
3. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
(a) Washington Square.
(b) The Almond's house.
(c) The St. Thomas Church.
(d) Mrs. Montgomery's.
4. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
(a) By telling her about her intelligence shortfall.
(b) By teasing her about Mr. Townsend's proposing to her.
(c) By teasing her about her cousin marrying.
(d) By telling her about her physical shortcomings.
5. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
(a) Talking to Mr. Townsend.
(b) Looking out the window.
(c) Sitting and listening.
(d) Entertaining her cousin's fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Catherine close?
2. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
3. Where does Catherine meet her first beau?
4. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
5. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)