|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
(a) 20,000 a year.
(b) 10,000 a year.
(c) 30,000 a year.
(d) 40,000 a year.
2. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend wishes to court her.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is married.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is interested in her friend Caroline.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is not really interested in her.
3. When does Dr. Sloper's son die?
(a) At age 4.
(b) At age 5.
(c) At age 3.
(d) At age 6.
4. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
(a) That her romanticism will influence Catherine.
(b) That her narcissism will influence Catherine.
(c) That her realism will influence Catherine.
(d) That her feminism will influence Catherine.
5. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
2. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
3. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
4. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
5. What is Dr. Sloper told about Mr. Townsend?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)