|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
2. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
(a) Her best friend, Caroline.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her aunt.
3. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
(a) His son.
(b) His sister.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His brother-in-law.
4. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
(a) Clever and beautiful.
(b) Plain and beautiful.
(c) Plain and stout.
(d) Interesting and stout.
5. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is not really interested in her.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is married.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is interested in her friend Caroline.
(d) That Mr. Townsend wishes to court her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
2. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
3. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
4. Who is Marian marrying?
5. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)