|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
(a) Plain and beautiful.
(b) Plain and stout.
(c) Clever and beautiful.
(d) Interesting and stout.
2. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
(a) The Almond's house.
(b) Washington Square.
(c) The St. Thomas Church.
(d) Mrs. Montgomery's.
3. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
(a) By telling her about her intelligence shortfall.
(b) By teasing her about her cousin marrying.
(c) By teasing her about Mr. Townsend's proposing to her.
(d) By telling her about her physical shortcomings.
4. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1820's.
(b) In the 1810's.
(c) In the 1830's.
(d) In the 1840's.
5. How is Catherine towards others?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
2. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
3. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
4. Where does Dr. Sloper move in Chapter 3?
5. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)