|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
(a) He wants to impress his sister.
(b) He wants to make a difference in the world.
(c) He wants to keep busy.
(d) He lost his small fortune.
2. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
(a) Washington Square.
(b) Mrs. Montgomery's.
(c) The Almond's house.
(d) The St. Thomas Church.
3. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
(a) In Boston.
(b) Two towns over.
(c) Across town.
(d) On the same street.
4. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1810's.
(b) In the 1820's.
(c) In the 1830's.
(d) In the 1840's.
5. Of what does Dr Sloper's sister take control?
(a) The house work.
(b) The raising of Catherine.
(c) Dr. Sloper's practice.
(d) Dr. Sloper's love life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
2. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
3. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
5. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)