|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
(a) He lost his small fortune.
(b) He wants to make a difference in the world.
(c) He wants to keep busy.
(d) He wants to impress his sister.
2. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
(a) At a library.
(b) At her cousin's house.
(c) At her house.
(d) In a park.
3. What does Dr. Sloper tease Catherine about?
(a) Her being in love.
(b) Her making friends.
(c) Her sudden beauty.
(d) Her outgrowing her stoutness.
4. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
5. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
2. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
3. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
4. How is Catherine towards others?
5. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)