|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
(a) He wants to make a difference in the world.
(b) He wants to impress his sister.
(c) He lost his small fortune.
(d) He wants to keep busy.
2. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
(a) His cousin.
(b) Her father.
(c) Mrs. Penniman.
3. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1830's.
(b) In the 1820's.
(c) In the 1810's.
(d) In the 1840's.
4. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
(a) 40,000 a year.
(b) 20,000 a year.
(c) 10,000 a year.
(d) 30,000 a year.
5. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
(a) It has become surrounded with new rich.
(b) It has become surrounded with businesses.
(c) It has become surrounded with annoying neighbors.
(d) It has become surrounded with factories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
2. Where does Catherine meet her first beau?
3. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
4. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
5. How is Catherine towards others?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)