|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1810's.
(b) In the 1820's.
(c) In the 1830's.
(d) In the 1840's.
2. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
(a) Interesting and stout.
(b) Plain and stout.
(c) Clever and beautiful.
(d) Plain and beautiful.
3. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
(a) Teach his daughter a lesson.
(b) Learn about Mr. Townsend.
(c) Encourage the relationship between Mr. Townsend and his daughter.
(d) Get his daughter married as soon as possible.
4. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
(a) Sitting and listening.
(b) Looking out the window.
(c) Talking to Mr. Townsend.
(d) Entertaining her cousin's fiance.
5. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
(a) Mr. Almond.
(b) Mr. Peanut.
(c) Mr. Corn.
(d) Mr. Seed.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
2. When does Dr. Sloper's son die?
3. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
4. What is Dr. Sloper told about Mr. Townsend?
5. To whom is Catherine close?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)