|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
(a) 10,000 a year.
(b) 20,000 a year.
(c) 40,000 a year.
(d) 30,000 a year.
2. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) For love.
(b) Because of a family obligation.
(c) For money.
(d) Because of a religious obligation.
3. To whom is Catherine close?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her best friend Caroline.
(c) Her siblings.
(d) Her cousins.
4. Where does Catherine meet her first beau?
(a) In a park.
(b) A fitting at a dress store.
(c) A party.
(d) A trip to the spa.
5. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
2. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
3. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
4. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
5. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)