|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Townsend does not want Catherine to suffer the indignity of what?
(a) Being tracked down for an unlawful marriage.
(b) Being left out of her father's will.
(c) Being a social outcast.
(d) Being the laughing stock of the family.
2. Who is always supporting Dr. Sloper?
(a) Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Mrs. Almond.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) Mrs. Montgomery.
3. Who does Dr Sloper offend?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Mrs. Almond.
4. What does Catherine tell her father?
(a) That she will marry Mr. Townsend at some point.
(b) That Mr. Townsend will marry her in Europe.
(c) That they will settle the date by letter.
(d) That she will marry Mr. Townsend soon.
5. What does Dr. Sloper insist Mr Townsend wants?
(a) A horse.
(b) A loan.
(c) To marry her for her money.
(d) Access to Dr. Sloper's rich patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters from Mr. Townsend does Catherine have?
2. What does Dr. Sloper refuse to do?
3. What would Dr. Sloper rather have his daughter believe than seeing her in an unhappy marriage?
4. What does Catherine accept in Chapter 15?
5. With whom does Mrs. Penniman argue in Chapter 27?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)