|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 26?
(a) That her father wants her to wait another six months.
(b) That her father is wavering in his decision.
(c) That her father did not change his mind.
(d) That her father has found another suitor for her.
2. For what does Mr. Townsend not provide?
(a) His children.
(b) His sister's children.
(c) His sister.
(d) His ex wife.
3. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
(a) Mr. Almond.
(b) Mr. Seed.
(c) Mr. Corn.
(d) Mr. Peanut.
4. What does Dr. Sloper tease Catherine about?
(a) Her being in love.
(b) Her making friends.
(c) Her outgrowing her stoutness.
(d) Her sudden beauty.
5. Why does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him that advice?
(a) Because Catherine will never relent.
(b) Because Catherine does not deserve such treatment.
(c) Because Mrs. Penniman means well.
(d) Because he misread Mr. Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine?
2. Where are Catherine and her father after 6 months in Europe?
3. What does Mr. Townsend say he does not want to do any longer?
4. What does Catherine fear in Chapter 10?
5. Who is Marian marrying?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)