|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catherine pleased to learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend entered into a business partnership with another man.
(b) That Mr. Townsend has secured a new residence.
(c) That Mr. Townsend chose a church for their wedding.
(d) That Mr. Townsend chose a wedding date.
2. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
(a) That Mrs. Montgomery come to see him at his practice.
(b) That Mrs. Almond prevent Mr. Townsend from staying at her house.
(c) To meet with Mrs. Montgomery.
(d) To meet Mr. Townsend privately.
3. When does Mrs. Penniman tell Dr. Sloper about her assumption?
(a) That afternoon.
(b) That night.
(c) The next evening.
(d) The following morning.
4. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
(a) Of wanting to marry someone other than his daughter.
(b) Of being poor.
(c) Living off of his sister.
(d) Of living off his ex wife.
5. To whom is Catherine close?
(a) Her siblings.
(b) Her best friend Caroline.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
2. What does Mrs. Penniman say she might have been in haste to do?
3. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 18?
4. Who does Mr. Townsend insist he does not live off?
5. What does Mrs Penniman suggest Mr Townsend do?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)