|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Catherine close?
(a) Her best friend Caroline.
(b) Her siblings.
(c) Her cousins.
(d) Her father.
2. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
(a) By teasing her about Mr. Townsend's proposing to her.
(b) By telling her about her intelligence shortfall.
(c) By telling her about her physical shortcomings.
(d) By teasing her about her cousin marrying.
3. How old is Catherine when she meets her first beau?
4. Who is Mrs. Penniman forbid to see in Chapter 19?
(a) Mrs. Almond.
(c) Mrs. Montgomery.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
5. What does Mr. Townsend suggest Catherine and him do?
(a) Get married with Mrs. Penniman as a witness.
(c) Wait for her father.
(d) Get married in secret, but live separately.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Mr. Townsend not provide?
2. What does Mrs. Penniman say she might have been in haste to do?
3. What is Mr. Townsend concerned about?
4. What suggestion from Catherine does Mr. Townsend turn down?
5. What worries Mr. Townsend about Mrs Penniman's advice?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)