|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Mr. Townsend not provide?
(a) His children.
(b) His sister's children.
(c) His ex wife.
(d) His sister.
2. With what is Dr. Sloper annoyed in Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Penniman's involvement with Mr. Townsend.
(b) Catherine's commitment to Mr. Townsend.
(c) Catherine always talking about Mr. Townsend.
(d) Mrs. Almond's overbearing comments about Catherine.
3. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 26?
(a) That her father wants her to wait another six months.
(b) That her father has found another suitor for her.
(c) That her father did not change his mind.
(d) That her father is wavering in his decision.
4. How does Catherine react when speaking to Mrs Penniman upon her return?
(c) Angry and jealous.
5. Why does Mrs. Penniman write to Mr. Townsend in Chapter 28?
(a) To meet with Catherine.
(b) To have a family intervention.
(c) To ask to meet him.
(d) To ask that he elope.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
2. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
3. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine not to do?
4. What does Mrs Penniman arrange to do in secret?
5. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)