|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 18?
(a) That she wants him to get a job.
(b) That she wants to run away.
(c) That she still wants to marry him.
(d) That she wants to wait.
2. What does Catherine refuse to do in Chapter 30?
(a) Share her misery with her father.
(b) Share her misery with Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Share her misery with her best friend.
(d) Share her misery with her cousin.
3. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
4. To whom is Catherine close?
(a) Her best friend Caroline.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her siblings.
(d) Her father.
5. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
(a) The Almond's house.
(b) Mrs. Montgomery's.
(c) Washington Square.
(d) The St. Thomas Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date does Mr. Townsend refuse to set in Chapter 21?
2. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
3. Whose advice does Catherine follow at the start of Chapter 18?
4. Where are Catherine and her father after 6 months in Europe?
5. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)