|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
(a) He lost his small fortune.
(b) He wants to impress his sister.
(c) He wants to make a difference in the world.
(d) He wants to keep busy.
2. What suggestion from Catherine does Mr. Townsend turn down?
(b) Changing the wedding date.
(c) Moving in together.
(d) Marrying locally.
3. Catherine begs out of what?
(a) A visit to the park.
(b) Sunday's service.
(c) A visit to her cousin.
(d) A visit to Mr. Townsend.
4. What does Mrs. Penniman assume considering Catherine's behavior?
(a) That Mr. Townsend has been courting multiple women.
(b) That Mr. Townsend has left without warning.
(c) That Mr. Townsend ended their engagement.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is marrying another.
5. What does Mrs. Penniman say in the secret meeting in Chapter 16?
(a) That he should meet Dr. Sloper in private.
(b) That he should get a job to prove his worth.
(c) That he should marry Catherine in secret.
(d) That he should run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Catherine meet her first beau?
2. What is Catherine state of mind at the start of Chapter 17?
3. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
4. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
5. What does Dr. Sloper hope his daughter will learn during their trip?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)