|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman think her advice would cause Dr. Sloper to do?
(a) Accept that Mr. Townsend is worthy of his daughter.
(b) Accept that a man does not need a job to marry.
(c) Accept Mr. Townsend and Catherine's union.
(d) Accept that he has been a jerk.
2. How does Dr. Sloper offend the person in Chapter 9?
(a) By asking about his family.
(b) By asking him to stop seeing Catherine.
(c) By asking how he lost his money.
(d) By asking him about his job hunting.
3. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) The Almond's house.
(b) The South Western Park.
(c) Mrs. Montgomery.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
4. What does Dr. Sloper pledge to Mrs. Montgomery?
(a) Work on her home.
(b) His support.
(d) A horse.
5. Against whom does Dr. Sloper have a strong opinion?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(c) Mrs. Almond.
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine say to her father after receiving Mr. Townsend's note?
2. What does Catherine agree to do?
3. Why does Mr. Townsend reject Catherine's request?
4. What worries Mr. Townsend about Mrs Penniman's advice?
5. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)