|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suggestion from Catherine does Mr. Townsend turn down?
(a) Changing the wedding date.
(b) Marrying locally.
(c) Moving in together.
2. To what should Catherine look forward according to the conversation she is having?
(a) Mr. Townsend's refusal.
(b) Her father's death.
(c) The truth being revealed.
(d) Her father's refusal.
3. What does Mrs. Penniman say she might have been in haste to do?
(a) Proposing that Mr. Townsend follow Catherine.
(b) Proposing to elope.
(c) Proposing a secret meeting.
(d) Proposing to marry before the trip.
4. Who does Mr. Townsend come to meet in Chapter 12?
(a) Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Dr. Sloper.
(d) Mrs. Almond.
5. What does Dr. Sloper assure Mrs Montgomery?
(a) That her children will go to college.
(b) That he will not allow his daughter to marry Mr. Townsend.
(c) That her brother will not bother her again.
(d) That her house will be fixed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
2. Who is always supporting Dr. Sloper?
3. What does Catherine hope to accomplish?
4. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
5. What does the person with whom Mrs Penniman is talking continually argue in Chapter 27?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)