|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine react when speaking to Mrs Penniman upon her return?
(c) Angry and jealous.
2. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine?
(a) That her father wants her married.
(b) That her father wounded him.
(c) That her father is out to get him.
(d) That her father likes him.
3. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he talk to Townsend's cousin.
(b) That he not try to go against his daughter's choice.
(c) That he look at an old newpaper about the Townsend family.
(d) That he meet with Mr. Townsend's sister.
4. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her friend. Caroline.
5. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is not really interested in her.
(b) That Mr. Townsend wishes to court her.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is married.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is interested in her friend Caroline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Catherine and her father after 6 months in Europe?
2. What does Catherine tell her father?
3. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman say she might have been in haste to do?
5. Mr. Townsend does not want Catherine to suffer the indignity of what?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)