|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine tell her father?
(a) That she will marry Mr. Townsend soon.
(b) That Mr. Townsend will marry her in Europe.
(c) That they will settle the date by letter.
(d) That she will marry Mr. Townsend at some point.
2. How does Catherine feel when close to Mr. Townsend?
3. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
(a) What Mrs. Penniman is planning.
(b) What Mrs. Penniman and Mr. Townsend discussed.
(c) What Mrs. Almond is planning.
(d) What Dr. Sloper is planning.
4. Who did Dr. Sloper's younger sister marry?
(a) Mr. Peanut.
(b) Mr. Almond.
(c) Mr. Seed.
(d) Mr. Corn.
5. What advice does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him?
(a) To apologize to Catherine.
(b) To relent in his opposition to Mrs. Penniman's interference.
(c) To apologize to Mr. Townsend.
(d) To relent in his opposition to Catherine's marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Townsend does not want Catherine to suffer the indignity of what?
2. What date does Mr. Townsend refuse to set in Chapter 21?
3. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
4. Where does Catherine meet Mr. Townsend?
5. Whose advice does Catherine follow at the start of Chapter 18?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)