|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
(a) Talk to her father.
(b) Talk to his sister.
(c) Take a loan.
(d) Buy a horse.
2. How old is Dr Sloper in Chapter 1?
3. What does Mr. Townsend say he does not want to do any longer?
(a) Talk to her.
(b) Go to Washington Square.
(c) Cross paths with her father.
(d) Talk to Mrs. Penniman.
4. What does Catherine think of her actions?
(a) That she is being honest enough.
(b) That she is being defiant enough.
(c) That she is committed.
(d) That she needs to voice her opinions.
5. What does the person with whom Mrs Penniman is talking continually argue in Chapter 27?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is only interested in Catherine's money.
(b) That Catherine is being hurt in all of this.
(c) That it is better for her not to be involved.
(d) That Dr. Sloper is correct in his assumption.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman think her advice would cause Dr. Sloper to do?
2. Who does Dr Sloper offend?
3. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
4. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
5. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)