|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine begs out of what?
(a) Sunday's service.
(b) A visit to her cousin.
(c) A visit to Mr. Townsend.
(d) A visit to the park.
2. What does Mrs. Penniman say in the secret meeting in Chapter 16?
(a) That he should meet Dr. Sloper in private.
(b) That he should get a job to prove his worth.
(c) That he should run away.
(d) That he should marry Catherine in secret.
3. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
(a) Move to Europe with Catherine.
(b) Leave Catherine for a younger woman.
(c) Marry Catherine, but refuse to have children.
(d) Spend all of Catherine's money and force her to live in poverty.
4. Whose advice does Catherine follow at the start of Chapter 18?
(a) Her aunt's.
(b) Her father's.
(c) Her friend's.
(d) Her cousin's.
5. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he talk to Townsend's cousin.
(b) That he not try to go against his daughter's choice.
(c) That he look at an old newpaper about the Townsend family.
(d) That he meet with Mr. Townsend's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
2. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
3. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
4. How does Catherine react when speaking to Mrs Penniman upon her return?
5. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)