|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
(a) It has become surrounded with new rich.
(b) It has become surrounded with factories.
(c) It has become surrounded with businesses.
(d) It has become surrounded with annoying neighbors.
2. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His brother-in-law.
(c) His son.
(d) His sister.
3. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 13?
(a) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Mrs. Montgomery.
(c) His sister, Mrs Almond.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
4. What does Mrs Penniman tell Catherine?
(a) That Mr. Townsend still wants to marry her.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is having second thoughts.
(c) That Mr. Townsend wants her money.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is going to get a job.
5. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
(a) By teasing her about her cousin marrying.
(b) By telling her about her physical shortcomings.
(c) By telling her about her intelligence shortfall.
(d) By teasing her about Mr. Townsend's proposing to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman assume considering Catherine's behavior?
2. Why does Mr. Townsend make that request to Mrs. Penniman?
3. What does Dr. Sloper tease Catherine about?
4. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
5. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets do in response to his visit?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)