|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Townsend turn down Catherine's suggestion?
(a) He does not want to disgrace her family.
(b) He does not want to anger her father.
(c) He does not want to move in without a wedding.
(d) He does not want to marry her.
2. Where does Catherine meet her first beau?
(a) A trip to the spa.
(b) A party.
(c) A fitting at a dress store.
(d) In a park.
3. What relationship Mrs. Penniman and Mr. Townsend have?
(a) Grandmother and grandson.
(b) Like a mother and son.
(c) Aunt and nephew.
4. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
(a) It has become surrounded with factories.
(b) It has become surrounded with annoying neighbors.
(c) It has become surrounded with new rich.
(d) It has become surrounded with businesses.
5. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine must happen before he will return?
2. What does Dr. Sloper tease Catherine about?
3. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
4. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
5. Who is Mrs Penniman defending?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)