|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
(a) Mrs. Almond.
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Catherine and Mrs. Penniman.
2. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) For money.
(b) For love.
(c) Because of a family obligation.
(d) Because of a religious obligation.
3. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine not to do?
(b) Move the wedding date up.
(c) Give up her inheritance.
(d) Move out.
4. How does Mrs Montgomery describe her brother?
(d) Hard working.
5. What does Dr. Sloper tell his sister?
(a) That he believes Catherine will change her mind.
(b) That he believes Catherine is not in love.
(c) That he believes Catherine is in on a conspiracy against him.
(d) That he believes Catherine will continue to see Mr. Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
2. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
3. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
4. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
5. How does Catherine feel when close to Mr. Townsend?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)