|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
(a) In Boston.
(b) On the same street.
(c) Two towns over.
(d) Across town.
2. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
(a) Plain and beautiful.
(b) Interesting and stout.
(c) Plain and stout.
(d) Clever and beautiful.
3. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
(a) Marry Catherine, but refuse to have children.
(b) Move to Europe with Catherine.
(c) Spend all of Catherine's money and force her to live in poverty.
(d) Leave Catherine for a younger woman.
4. To whom is Catherine close?
(a) Her best friend Caroline.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her siblings.
(d) Her father.
5. How does Catherine feel when close to Mr. Townsend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine agree to do?
2. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
3. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
5. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)