|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
(a) Talking to Mr. Townsend.
(b) Looking out the window.
(c) Sitting and listening.
(d) Entertaining her cousin's fiance.
2. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
(a) Washington Square.
(b) Mrs. Montgomery's.
(c) The St. Thomas Church.
(d) The Almond's house.
3. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
(a) That Mr. Townsend might be married.
(b) That Catherine might elope.
(c) That Mr. Townsend might propose to Catherine.
(d) That Mrs. Penniman might have found her next husband.
4. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
(a) 20,000 a year.
(b) 40,000 a year.
(c) 10,000 a year.
(d) 30,000 a year.
5. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
(a) Of wanting to marry someone other than his daughter.
(b) Of being poor.
(c) Of living off his ex wife.
(d) Living off of his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
2. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
3. Where does Dr. Sloper move in Chapter 3?
4. When does Dr. Sloper's son die?
5. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)