|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
(b) New York.
2. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) On Sundays.
(b) On Wednesdays.
(c) On Tuesdays.
(d) On Mondays.
3. Where does Catherine meet her first beau?
(a) A fitting at a dress store.
(b) In a park.
(c) A trip to the spa.
(d) A party.
4. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is not really interested in her.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is interested in her friend Caroline.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is married.
(d) That Mr. Townsend wishes to court her.
5. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
(a) 20,000 a year.
(b) 10,000 a year.
(c) 30,000 a year.
(d) 40,000 a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
2. What does Catherine agree to do?
3. What does Dr. Sloper insist Mr Townsend wants?
4. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
5. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)