|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper ask Mr Townsend about?
(a) How he lost his fortune.
(b) His job prospects.
(c) His ex wife.
(d) His childhood.
2. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His sister.
(c) His son.
(d) His brother-in-law.
3. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing to impress the person he is meeting?
(a) Return the horse Catherine gave him.
(b) Go back to school.
(c) Become his apprentice.
(d) Work a lowly job.
4. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
(a) Spend all of Catherine's money and force her to live in poverty.
(b) Move to Europe with Catherine.
(c) Leave Catherine for a younger woman.
(d) Marry Catherine, but refuse to have children.
5. Who does Mr. Townsend insist he does not live off?
(a) His sister.
(b) His nephew.
(d) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
2. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine?
3. What does Catherine hope to accomplish?
4. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
5. With whom does Dr Sloper want to talk?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)