|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he not try to go against his daughter's choice.
(b) That he meet with Mr. Townsend's sister.
(c) That he look at an old newpaper about the Townsend family.
(d) That he talk to Townsend's cousin.
2. When does Dr. Sloper's son die?
(a) At age 5.
(b) At age 6.
(c) At age 3.
(d) At age 4.
3. How old is Dr Sloper in Chapter 1?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Talk to Catherine's father.
(b) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
(c) Elope with Catherine.
(d) Propose to Catherine.
5. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
(a) In Boston.
(b) Across town.
(c) On the same street.
(d) Two towns over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr Sloper offend?
2. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
3. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
4. What does Catherine hope to accomplish?
5. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)