|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine agree to do?
(a) Move out of the house with Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Talk to her father about her engagement.
(c) Marry Mr. Townsend.
(d) Move in with Mr. Townsend.
2. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
(a) Two towns over.
(b) On the same street.
(c) In Boston.
(d) Across town.
3. When does Catherine speak to her father in Chapter 11?
(a) At night.
(b) At tea time.
(c) During lunch.
(d) At breakfast.
4. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister?
(a) That she raise Catherine to be clever.
(b) That she raise Catherine to be beautiful.
(c) That she raise Catherine to be prissy.
(d) That she raise Catherine to be a good wife.
5. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) His sister Mrs Almond.
(c) His daughter.
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing to impress the person he is meeting?
2. Who does Mr. Townsend insist he does not live off?
3. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
4. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
5. What does Dr. Sloper tease Catherine about?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)