|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
(a) Living off of his sister.
(b) Of living off his ex wife.
(c) Of being poor.
(d) Of wanting to marry someone other than his daughter.
2. Who does Mr. Townsend insist he does not live off?
(b) His nephew.
(c) His sister.
(d) His cousin.
3. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her best friend, Caroline.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her father.
4. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
(a) That her father dislikes him.
(b) That her father likes him.
(c) That her father is a great man.
(d) That he wants to marry her.
5. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
(a) In a park.
(b) At a library.
(c) At her house.
(d) At her cousin's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper refuse to do?
2. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
3. Of what does Mr. Townsend say he took charge?
4. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
5. Who does Dr. Sloper find in the room with the person with whom he wants to talk ?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)