|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
(a) To learn how to get rid of Mr. Townsend.
(b) To learn about Mr. Townsend.
(c) To meet Catherine's future sister-in-law.
(d) To see if he can help her.
2. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
(a) At a library.
(b) At her cousin's house.
(c) In a park.
(d) At her house.
3. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
(a) To meet with Mrs. Montgomery.
(b) That Mrs. Montgomery come to see him at his practice.
(c) That Mrs. Almond prevent Mr. Townsend from staying at her house.
(d) To meet Mr. Townsend privately.
4. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) Mrs. Montgomery.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) The South Western Park.
(d) The Almond's house.
5. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
(a) He wants to impress his sister.
(b) He lost his small fortune.
(c) He wants to make a difference in the world.
(d) He wants to keep busy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine tell her father?
2. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
3. What worries Mr. Townsend about Mrs Penniman's advice?
4. What does Catherine accept in Chapter 15?
5. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)