|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister?
(a) That she raise Catherine to be clever.
(b) That she raise Catherine to be a good wife.
(c) That she raise Catherine to be prissy.
(d) That she raise Catherine to be beautiful.
2. How is Mrs. Montgomery's house according to Chapter 14?
(a) Small and cozy.
(b) Small and modest.
(c) Large and decrepit.
(d) Large and well decorated.
3. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her friend. Caroline.
(d) Her cousin.
4. What does Mrs Penniman encourage Catherine to do?
(a) Continue to send love letters.
(b) Continue to persuade her father.
(c) Continue to send messages through Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Continue to see Mr. Townsend.
5. What worries Mr. Townsend about Mrs Penniman's advice?
(a) That Catherine would not have her mother's money.
(b) That Catherine would not have a place to live.
(c) That Dr. Sloper would call the police.
(d) That Dr. Sloper would cut Catherine off completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets do in response to his visit?
2. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
3. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 18?
4. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
5. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)