|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Propose to Catherine.
(b) Talk to Catherine's father.
(c) Elope with Catherine.
(d) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
2. How does Catherine grow up to be in the eyes of her father?
(a) Clever and beautiful.
(b) Plain and beautiful.
(c) Interesting and stout.
(d) Plain and stout.
3. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets do in response to his visit?
(a) Sneaks out of the house.
(b) Sends Mrs Penniman to wait.
(c) Remains alone all day.
(d) Keeps Catherine in her room.
4. What does Catherine do at the start of Chapter 18?
(a) Go talk to her aunt.
(b) Go talk to her cousin.
(c) Go talk to Mr. Townsend.
(d) Go talk to her father.
5. What does Dr. Sloper hope his daughter will learn during their trip?
(a) Of Mr. Townsend's indiscretion.
(b) That father is always right.
(c) Social skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Sloper find in the room with the person with whom he wants to talk ?
2. How does Catherine feel when close to Mr. Townsend?
3. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
4. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
5. How does Dr. Sloper offend the person in Chapter 9?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)