|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman suggest Mr Townsend do?
(a) Get a job while they are gone.
(b) Change Dr. Sloper's mind before they leave.
(c) Wait to marry Catherine.
(d) Follow Catherine.
2. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
(a) Spend all of Catherine's money and force her to live in poverty.
(b) Leave Catherine for a younger woman.
(c) Marry Catherine, but refuse to have children.
(d) Move to Europe with Catherine.
3. How is Mrs. Montgomery's house according to Chapter 14?
(a) Large and well decorated.
(b) Small and modest.
(c) Large and decrepit.
(d) Small and cozy.
4. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 13?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) His sister, Mrs Almond.
(c) Mrs. Montgomery.
(d) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
5. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
(a) 30,000 a year.
(b) 10,000 a year.
(c) 20,000 a year.
(d) 40,000 a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forbids Mrs Penniman to interfere?
2. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
3. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
4. What is Catherine doing while being pushed out of the study?
5. Where does Catherine meet her first beau?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)