|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
(a) Entertaining her cousin's fiance.
(b) Talking to Mr. Townsend.
(c) Sitting and listening.
(d) Looking out the window.
2. What does Catherine agree to do?
(a) Marry Mr. Townsend.
(b) Move in with Mr. Townsend.
(c) Move out of the house with Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Talk to her father about her engagement.
3. What does Dr. Sloper tease Catherine about?
(a) Her being in love.
(b) Her making friends.
(c) Her sudden beauty.
(d) Her outgrowing her stoutness.
4. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
(a) Leave Catherine for a younger woman.
(b) Marry Catherine, but refuse to have children.
(c) Spend all of Catherine's money and force her to live in poverty.
(d) Move to Europe with Catherine.
5. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) The South Western Park.
(c) Mrs. Montgomery.
(d) The Almond's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
2. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
3. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
4. Who does Mr. Townsend insist he does not live off?
5. What does Dr. Sloper assure Mrs Montgomery?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)