|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Mrs Penniman aware?
(a) The fight between Catherine and her father.
(b) Mr. Townsend's doubting of the engagement.
(c) The fight between Catherine and Mr. Townsend.
(d) Dr. Sloper's tracking of Mr. Towsend's expenses.
2. Who is Mrs. Penniman forbid to see in Chapter 19?
(b) Mrs. Almond.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) Mrs. Montgomery.
3. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) For money.
(b) Because of a family obligation.
(c) For love.
(d) Because of a religious obligation.
4. Who is Marian marrying?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A store owner.
(c) A stock broker.
(d) A lawyer.
5. What does Mrs. Penniman think of Catherine?
(a) She is being too easy on Mr. Townsend.
(b) She is being too easy on her father.
(c) She is not being honest enough.
(d) She is not following through on her commitment to Mr. Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
2. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 13?
3. What does Mrs. Penniman say in the secret meeting in Chapter 16?
4. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
5. What does Mrs Penniman suggest Mr Townsend do?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)