|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) For money.
(b) Because of a religious obligation.
(c) Because of a family obligation.
(d) For love.
2. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
(a) Talk to his sister.
(b) Buy a horse.
(c) Talk to her father.
(d) Take a loan.
3. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Talk to Catherine's father.
(b) Elope with Catherine.
(c) Propose to Catherine.
(d) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
4. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
(a) Encourage the relationship between Mr. Townsend and his daughter.
(b) Teach his daughter a lesson.
(c) Get his daughter married as soon as possible.
(d) Learn about Mr. Townsend.
5. What is Mr. Townsend concerned about?
(a) That he may never prove his worth.
(b) That he lost his true love.
(c) That he might have played his card.
(d) That he needs to wait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine try to do, but fails?
2. Whose advice does Catherine follow at the start of Chapter 18?
3. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
4. Who forbids Mrs Penniman to interfere?
5. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)