|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1830's.
(b) In the 1840's.
(c) In the 1810's.
(d) In the 1820's.
2. Why does Dr. Sloper move from his old house?
(a) It has become surrounded with businesses.
(b) It has become surrounded with annoying neighbors.
(c) It has become surrounded with factories.
(d) It has become surrounded with new rich.
3. What does Catherine want to do on behalf of Mr. Townsend?
(a) Buy a horse.
(b) Talk to his sister.
(c) Talk to her father.
(d) Take a loan.
4. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to forgo?
(a) Mr. Townsend's refusal to marry without her father's consent.
(b) Her father's consent.
(c) Her father's advice.
(d) Her father's will.
5. With whom does Dr Sloper want to talk?
(a) His nephew.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) His sister.
(d) His brother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman say she might have been in haste to do?
2. What does Catherine accept in Chapter 15?
3. Where does Dr. Sloper's younger sister live?
4. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
5. To whom does Catherine see Mr. Townsend talk?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)