|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
(a) Move to Europe with Catherine.
(b) Marry Catherine, but refuse to have children.
(c) Spend all of Catherine's money and force her to live in poverty.
(d) Leave Catherine for a younger woman.
2. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend wishes to court her.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is interested in her friend Caroline.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is married.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is not really interested in her.
3. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
(a) 40,000 a year.
(b) 30,000 a year.
(c) 20,000 a year.
(d) 10,000 a year.
4. Who does Mr. Townsend come to meet in Chapter 12?
(a) Dr. Sloper.
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Mrs. Almond.
5. What does Mrs. Penniman say she might have been in haste to do?
(a) Proposing a secret meeting.
(b) Proposing that Mr. Townsend follow Catherine.
(c) Proposing to marry before the trip.
(d) Proposing to elope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
2. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
3. How does Catherine feel when close to Mr. Townsend?
4. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
5. What does Dr. Sloper hope his daughter will learn during their trip?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)