|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend suggest Catherine and him do?
(b) Wait for her father.
(c) Get married with Mrs. Penniman as a witness.
(d) Get married in secret, but live separately.
2. What does Catherine fear in Chapter 10?
(a) Upsetting Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Upsetting her father.
(c) Telling her father she married Mr. Townsend.
(d) Upsetting Mr. Townsend.
3. Where does Catherine meet Mr. Townsend?
(a) In a park.
(b) In her house.
(c) At the Almonds.
(d) In her garden.
4. What does Mrs Penniman encourage Catherine to do?
(a) Continue to send messages through Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Continue to send love letters.
(c) Continue to see Mr. Townsend.
(d) Continue to persuade her father.
5. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
(a) That he wants to marry her.
(b) That her father likes him.
(c) That her father dislikes him.
(d) That her father is a great man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine feel when close to Mr. Townsend?
2. Whose advice does Catherine follow at the start of Chapter 18?
3. Against whom does Dr. Sloper have a strong opinion?
4. What does Catherine learn from Mrs. Penniman?
5. What is Mrs. Montgomery hesitant to say anything about?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)