|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Dr. Sloper annoyed in Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Almond's overbearing comments about Catherine.
(b) Catherine always talking about Mr. Townsend.
(c) Catherine's commitment to Mr. Townsend.
(d) Mrs. Penniman's involvement with Mr. Townsend.
2. What does Mrs. Penniman think of Catherine?
(a) She is being too easy on her father.
(b) She is being too easy on Mr. Townsend.
(c) She is not being honest enough.
(d) She is not following through on her commitment to Mr. Townsend.
3. Whose advice does Catherine follow at the start of Chapter 18?
(a) Her friend's.
(b) Her aunt's.
(c) Her cousin's.
(d) Her father's.
4. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is not after Catherine's money.
(b) That he is worthy of Catherine.
(c) That he is insistent on marrying despite Dr. Sloper's words.
(d) That Mr. Townsend is not interested in Catherine.
5. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
(a) That Mrs. Almond prevent Mr. Townsend from staying at her house.
(b) To meet with Mrs. Montgomery.
(c) That Mrs. Montgomery come to see him at his practice.
(d) To meet Mr. Townsend privately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine want to leave the house?
2. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine?
3. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
4. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
5. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)