|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine not to do?
(b) Give up her inheritance.
(c) Move out.
(d) Move the wedding date up.
2. Who does Mr. Townsend bring to meet Catherine?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His sister.
(d) His son.
3. What is Catherine pleased to learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend chose a church for their wedding.
(b) That Mr. Townsend has secured a new residence.
(c) That Mr. Townsend entered into a business partnership with another man.
(d) That Mr. Townsend chose a wedding date.
4. What is suggested to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he meet with Mr. Townsend's sister.
(b) That he not try to go against his daughter's choice.
(c) That he look at an old newpaper about the Townsend family.
(d) That he talk to Townsend's cousin.
5. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
(a) Of wanting to marry someone other than his daughter.
(b) Living off of his sister.
(c) Of living off his ex wife.
(d) Of being poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
2. What would Dr. Sloper rather have his daughter believe than seeing her in an unhappy marriage?
3. Who is always supporting Dr. Sloper?
4. With whom does Mr. Townsend talk while visiting Catherine?
5. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 13?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)