|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to forgo?
(a) Mr. Townsend's refusal to marry without her father's consent.
(b) Her father's will.
(c) Her father's advice.
(d) Her father's consent.
2. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
(a) Looking out the window.
(b) Entertaining her cousin's fiance.
(c) Talking to Mr. Townsend.
(d) Sitting and listening.
3. How long are Catherine and her father supposed to spend in Europe?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 9 months.
4. What worries Mr. Townsend about Mrs Penniman's advice?
(a) That Catherine would not have her mother's money.
(b) That Catherine would not have a place to live.
(c) That Dr. Sloper would call the police.
(d) That Dr. Sloper would cut Catherine off completely.
5. What does Catherine refuse to do?
(a) Go to Europe without choosing a wedding dress..
(b) Go to Europe without marrying Mr. Townsend first.
(c) Go to Europe without a wedding date.
(d) Go to Europe without Mr. Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine learn from Mrs Penniman upon her return in Chapter 24?
2. Who is always supporting Dr. Sloper?
3. What suggestion from Catherine does Mr. Townsend turn down?
4. What does the person with whom Mrs Penniman is talking continually argue in Chapter 27?
5. How does Mrs Montgomery describe her brother?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)