|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long are Catherine and her father supposed to spend in Europe?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 9 months.
2. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
(a) To learn how to get rid of Mr. Townsend.
(b) To see if he can help her.
(c) To learn about Mr. Townsend.
(d) To meet Catherine's future sister-in-law.
3. What does Mr. Townsend teach to his sister's children?
4. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(c) Catherine and Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Mrs. Almond.
5. What does Mrs. Penniman say in the secret meeting in Chapter 16?
(a) That he should marry Catherine in secret.
(b) That he should meet Dr. Sloper in private.
(c) That he should run away.
(d) That he should get a job to prove his worth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
2. What does Dr. Sloper assure Mrs Montgomery?
3. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
4. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
5. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)