|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long are Catherine and her father supposed to spend in Europe?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 6 months.
2. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
(a) That he is worthy of Catherine.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is not interested in Catherine.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is not after Catherine's money.
(d) That he is insistent on marrying despite Dr. Sloper's words.
3. What advice does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him?
(a) To relent in his opposition to Catherine's marriage.
(b) To apologize to Mr. Townsend.
(c) To relent in his opposition to Mrs. Penniman's interference.
(d) To apologize to Catherine.
4. Who is Mrs Penniman defending?
(a) Mrs. Almond.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) Dr. Sloper.
5. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 26?
(a) That her father wants her to wait another six months.
(b) That her father did not change his mind.
(c) That her father is wavering in his decision.
(d) That her father has found another suitor for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
2. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
3. What does Dr. Sloper assure Mrs Montgomery?
4. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
5. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)