|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
(a) Mrs. Penniman.
(b) Dr. Sloper.
(d) His cousin.
2. What does Catherine learn from Mrs Penniman upon her return in Chapter 24?
(a) That Mr. Townsend does not speak of her much.
(b) That Mr. Townsend wants to end the engagement.
(c) That Mr. Townsend never visits.
(d) That Mr. Townsend visited often.
3. What does Dr. Sloper ask Mr Townsend about?
(a) How he lost his fortune.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His job prospects.
(d) His ex wife.
4. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine not to do?
(b) Move the wedding date up.
(c) Give up her inheritance.
(d) Move out.
5. How long do Catherine and her father end up spending in Europe?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 15 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
2. What would Dr. Sloper rather have his daughter believe than seeing her in an unhappy marriage?
3. What advice does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him?
4. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
5. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)