|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman tell Catherine?
(a) That Mr. Townsend is having second thoughts.
(b) That Mr. Townsend wants her money.
(c) That Mr. Townsend is going to get a job.
(d) That Mr. Townsend still wants to marry her.
2. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
3. With what is Dr. Sloper annoyed in Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Penniman's involvement with Mr. Townsend.
(b) Mrs. Almond's overbearing comments about Catherine.
(c) Catherine always talking about Mr. Townsend.
(d) Catherine's commitment to Mr. Townsend.
4. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
(b) Dr. Sloper.
(c) His cousin.
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
5. What advice does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him?
(a) To apologize to Mr. Townsend.
(b) To relent in his opposition to Mrs. Penniman's interference.
(c) To relent in his opposition to Catherine's marriage.
(d) To apologize to Catherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
2. Where are Catherine and her father after 6 months in Europe?
3. Who is Mrs Penniman defending?
4. Why is Mr. Townsend looking for work?
5. How long do Catherine and her father end up spending in Europe?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)