|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper ask Mr Townsend about?
(a) How he lost his fortune.
(b) His ex wife.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His job prospects.
2. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
(a) Sitting and listening.
(b) Entertaining her cousin's fiance.
(c) Looking out the window.
(d) Talking to Mr. Townsend.
3. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 13?
(a) Mrs. Montgomery.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) His sister, Mrs Almond.
(d) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
4. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine to do?
(a) Try to change her father's mind.
(b) Try to talk with Mrs. Montgomery.
(c) Try to marry locally.
(d) Try to change Mr. Townsend's mind.
5. What suggestion from Catherine does Mr. Townsend turn down?
(a) Marrying locally.
(b) Changing the wedding date.
(c) Moving in together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person with whom Mrs Penniman is talking continually argue in Chapter 27?
2. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
3. What is Catherine state of mind at the start of Chapter 17?
4. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine about before heading back to the U.S.?
5. How long do Catherine and her father end up spending in Europe?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)