|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
(a) That Mrs. Montgomery come to see him at his practice.
(b) To meet with Mrs. Montgomery.
(c) That Mrs. Almond prevent Mr. Townsend from staying at her house.
(d) To meet Mr. Townsend privately.
2. What does Mrs Penniman encourage Catherine to do?
(a) Continue to persuade her father.
(b) Continue to see Mr. Townsend.
(c) Continue to send love letters.
(d) Continue to send messages through Mrs. Penniman.
3. What is Catherine state of mind at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) She is annoyed.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is frustrated.
4. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
(a) To learn about Mr. Townsend.
(b) To see if he can help her.
(c) To learn how to get rid of Mr. Townsend.
(d) To meet Catherine's future sister-in-law.
5. From what city has Mr. Townsend been away?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Montgomery hesitant to say anything about?
2. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
3. Who is Mrs Penniman defending?
4. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
5. Why does Mr. Townsend turn down Catherine's suggestion?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)