|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Talk to Catherine's father.
(b) Elope with Catherine.
(c) Propose to Catherine.
(d) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
2. How long do Catherine and her father end up spending in Europe?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 15 months.
3. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 13?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) His sister, Mrs Almond.
(c) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
(d) Mrs. Montgomery.
4. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 26?
(a) That her father has found another suitor for her.
(b) That her father wants her to wait another six months.
(c) That her father is wavering in his decision.
(d) That her father did not change his mind.
5. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
(a) Mrs. Penniman.
(b) His daughter.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) His sister Mrs Almond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catherine disappointed about?
2. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
3. What does the person with whom Mrs Penniman is talking continually argue in Chapter 27?
4. What does Dr. Sloper decide he needs to do?
5. How long are Catherine and her father supposed to spend in Europe?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)