|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Propose to Catherine.
(b) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
(c) Talk to Catherine's father.
(d) Elope with Catherine.
2. How long after the party does Mr Townsend go see Catherine?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few days.
3. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine to do?
(a) Try to change Mr. Townsend's mind.
(b) Try to talk with Mrs. Montgomery.
(c) Try to marry locally.
(d) Try to change her father's mind.
4. How does Catherine react when speaking to Mrs Penniman upon her return?
(c) Angry and jealous.
5. What is Catherine disappointed about?
(a) Mr. Townsend will not meet her in Europe.
(b) Mr. Townsend is not coming to Europe.
(c) Mr. Townsend will not wait for her much longer.
(d) Mr. Townsend has to get a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine refuse to do?
2. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
3. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
4. What does Dr. Sloper pledge to Mrs. Montgomery?
5. Where is Mr. Townsend a guest in Chapter 7?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)