|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Montgomery hesitant to say anything about?
(a) Her family history.
(b) Her brother. Mr Townsend.
(c) How her husband died.
(d) How much of an income she has.
2. What does Dr. Sloper pledge to Mrs. Montgomery?
(b) A horse.
(c) Work on her home.
(d) His support.
3. What does Catherine spend Mr. Townsend's visit doing?
(a) Sitting and listening.
(b) Looking out the window.
(c) Talking to Mr. Townsend.
(d) Entertaining her cousin's fiance.
4. What would Dr. Sloper rather have his daughter believe than seeing her in an unhappy marriage?
(a) That he will never surrender.
(b) That he wants money for himself.
(c) That he hates her.
(d) That he hates Mr. Townsend.
5. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 26?
(a) That her father wants her to wait another six months.
(b) That her father is wavering in his decision.
(c) That her father did not change his mind.
(d) That her father has found another suitor for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Dr. Sloper annoyed in Chapter 15?
2. What is Catherine pleased to learn from Mrs. Penniman?
3. How does Catherine react when speaking to Mrs Penniman upon her return?
4. What does Catherine refuse to do?
5. Where does Mr. Townsend meet Catherine in Chapter 5?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)