|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
(a) Talk to Catherine's father.
(b) Propose to Catherine.
(c) Visit Catherine under her supervision.
(d) Elope with Catherine.
2. What would Dr. Sloper rather have his daughter believe than seeing her in an unhappy marriage?
(a) That he will never surrender.
(b) That he hates her.
(c) That he wants money for himself.
(d) That he hates Mr. Townsend.
3. What is Mrs. Penniman disappointed about in Chapter 23?
(a) That she is invited to Europe.
(b) That she is not invited to Europe.
(c) That she is being kicked out of the house.
(d) That she will be alone for the first time.
4. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
(a) To see if he can help her.
(b) To learn how to get rid of Mr. Townsend.
(c) To meet Catherine's future sister-in-law.
(d) To learn about Mr. Townsend.
5. For what does Mr. Townsend not provide?
(a) His children.
(b) His sister.
(c) His sister's children.
(d) His ex wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
2. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
3. What does Dr. Sloper assure Mrs Montgomery?
4. What does Dr. Sloper ask Mr Townsend about?
5. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)