|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mrs. Montgomery's house according to Chapter 14?
(a) Small and modest.
(b) Large and decrepit.
(c) Small and cozy.
(d) Large and well decorated.
2. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine to do?
(a) Try to change her father's mind.
(b) Try to talk with Mrs. Montgomery.
(c) Try to marry locally.
(d) Try to change Mr. Townsend's mind.
3. What does Dr. Sloper assure Mrs Montgomery?
(a) That her house will be fixed.
(b) That he will not allow his daughter to marry Mr. Townsend.
(c) That her children will go to college.
(d) That her brother will not bother her again.
4. What is Dr. Sloper told about Mr. Townsend?
(a) That he is selfish.
(b) That he is rich.
(c) Not much.
(d) That he is a nice person.
5. With whom does Dr. Sloper talk in Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) Mrs. Penniman.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His sister Mrs Almond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
2. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
3. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
4. How long are Catherine and her father supposed to spend in Europe?
5. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine not to do?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)