|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
(a) What Mrs. Penniman is planning.
(b) What Mrs. Penniman and Mr. Townsend discussed.
(c) What Dr. Sloper is planning.
(d) What Mrs. Almond is planning.
2. What is Catherine state of mind at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She is frustrated.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is annoyed.
3. Why does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him that advice?
(a) Because Catherine will never relent.
(b) Because Catherine does not deserve such treatment.
(c) Because he misread Mr. Townsend.
(d) Because Mrs. Penniman means well.
4. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
(a) That he is angry at her.
(b) That he will disown her.
(c) That he won't give in.
(d) That he wants her out.
5. How is Mrs. Montgomery's house according to Chapter 14?
(a) Small and cozy.
(b) Large and decrepit.
(c) Large and well decorated.
(d) Small and modest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
2. What advice does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him?
3. With what is Dr. Sloper annoyed in Chapter 15?
4. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
5. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)