|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine to do?
(a) Try to marry locally.
(b) Try to change her father's mind.
(c) Try to change Mr. Townsend's mind.
(d) Try to talk with Mrs. Montgomery.
2. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine after talking to her father?
(a) That her father is a great man.
(b) That her father dislikes him.
(c) That he wants to marry her.
(d) That her father likes him.
3. What does the person with whom Mrs Penniman is talking continually argue in Chapter 27?
(a) That Catherine is being hurt in all of this.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is only interested in Catherine's money.
(c) That it is better for her not to be involved.
(d) That Dr. Sloper is correct in his assumption.
4. What is Catherine state of mind at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She is frustrated.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is annoyed.
5. What does Catherine refuse to do?
(a) Go to Europe without marrying Mr. Townsend first.
(b) Go to Europe without a wedding date.
(c) Go to Europe without Mr. Townsend.
(d) Go to Europe without choosing a wedding dress..
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
2. What worries Mr. Townsend about Mrs Penniman's advice?
3. What does Mrs Penniman arrange to do in secret?
4. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
5. From whom does Mr. Townsend receive sympathy?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)