|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine refuse to do?
(a) Go to Europe without marrying Mr. Townsend first.
(b) Go to Europe without a wedding date.
(c) Go to Europe without Mr. Townsend.
(d) Go to Europe without choosing a wedding dress..
2. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His sister, Mrs. Penniman.
(d) His sister, Mrs. Almond.
3. What is Dr. Sloper told about Mr. Townsend?
(a) Not much.
(b) That he is a nice person.
(c) That he is selfish.
(d) That he is rich.
4. What worries Mr. Townsend about Mrs Penniman's advice?
(a) That Dr. Sloper would cut Catherine off completely.
(b) That Catherine would not have a place to live.
(c) That Catherine would not have her mother's money.
(d) That Dr. Sloper would call the police.
5. What is Catherine pleased to learn from Mrs. Penniman?
(a) That Mr. Townsend has secured a new residence.
(b) That Mr. Townsend chose a church for their wedding.
(c) That Mr. Townsend chose a wedding date.
(d) That Mr. Townsend entered into a business partnership with another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mr. Townsend correspond regularly?
2. With what is Dr. Sloper annoyed in Chapter 15?
3. Why does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him that advice?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
5. What suggestion from Catherine does Mr. Townsend turn down?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)