|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Sloper hurt his daughter's feelings?
(a) By teasing her about her cousin marrying.
(b) By telling her about her physical shortcomings.
(c) By teasing her about Mr. Townsend's proposing to her.
(d) By telling her about her intelligence shortfall.
2. What does Dr. Sloper accuse Mr Townsend of doing?
(a) Of living off his ex wife.
(b) Of being poor.
(c) Of wanting to marry someone other than his daughter.
(d) Living off of his sister.
3. What does Dr. Sloper ask Mr Townsend about?
(a) His job prospects.
(b) His ex wife.
(c) How he lost his fortune.
(d) His childhood.
4. What does Mrs. Penniman think her advice would cause Dr. Sloper to do?
(a) Accept that Mr. Townsend is worthy of his daughter.
(b) Accept that he has been a jerk.
(c) Accept Mr. Townsend and Catherine's union.
(d) Accept that a man does not need a job to marry.
5. What does Catherine accept in Chapter 15?
(a) That she will never marry.
(b) That she will need to find someone else.
(c) That she will need to elope.
(d) That she will have to wait her father out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Penniman disappointed about in Chapter 23?
2. What is Catherine state of mind at the start of Chapter 17?
3. What advice does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him?
4. What does Catherine insist on knowing?
5. What does Mr. Townsend stop doing?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)