1. How old is Dr Sloper in Chapter 1?
2. When does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) In the 1810's.
(b) In the 1820's.
(c) In the 1830's.
(d) In the 1840's.
3. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
(a) 30,000 a year.
(b) 20,000 a year.
(c) 40,000 a year.
(d) 10,000 a year.
4. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
(a) Because of a religious obligation.
(b) For love.
(c) For money.
(d) Because of a family obligation.
5. When does Dr. Sloper's son die?
(a) At age 6.
(b) At age 4.
(c) At age 5.
(d) At age 3.
6. How long after giving birth to her daughter does Sloper's wife die?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
7. How old is Catherine when Dr. Sloper invites his widowed sister to live with them temporarily?
8. Of what does Dr Sloper's sister take control?
(a) Dr. Sloper's love life.
(b) The raising of Catherine.
(c) The house work.
(d) Dr. Sloper's practice.
9. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister?
(a) That she raise Catherine to be prissy.
(b) That she raise Catherine to be clever.
(c) That she raise Catherine to be beautiful.
(d) That she raise Catherine to be a good wife.
This section contains 4,625 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)