Mid-Book Test (up to Chapters 7 - 9)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. Throughout Chapter 6, the author describes enlisted men as being which of the following?
2. According to the author, what was the unstated purpose of the use of inveterate profanity?
3. How common was sexual intercourse as an anodyne compared with drinking?
4. What is unusual about the friendly-fire incident discussed in Chapter 2 and illustrated on page 18?
5. Why is Julian Maclaren-Ross discussed in the book?
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions with a short paragraph.
1. What types of rumors...
This section contains 999 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)