|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following qualities of warfare does the author NOT suggest to be a contributing factor in military blunders?
2. German soldiers were typically stereotyped as being which of the following?
(a) Bloodthirsty berserkers.
(b) Extremely stealthy.
(c) Unthinkingly loyal.
(d) Incredibly strong.
3. The rumor about German sympathizers conveying intelligence to the enemy suggested that they were relaying what type of information?
(a) Troop movements.
(b) Troop locations.
(c) Artillery locations.
(d) Air strike flight plans.
4. How old were axis soldiers compared to allied soldiers?
(a) About the same age.
(b) No accurate records exist for the axis.
(c) Slightly younger.
(d) Slightly older.
5. The use of meaningless and tedious tasks as hazing would best be described as which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the American media react to the image of many conscripts being drunkards?
2. American's believed that what typically American resource would allow them to win the war?
3. Copies of the New Testament were frequently altered in what way?
4. What drink did German troops generally prefer?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways that most contemporaneous war histories depicted military blunders?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why did military and public authorities react to stereotyping of enemy forces?
2. What does the term "chickenshit" mean?
3. What beliefs do younger soldiers typically have that older soldiers do not?
4. What writer is a notable exception to the normal treatment of enlisted men, and how did he differ?
5. What types of hazing were most common?
6. Why have nearly all nations historically favored younger soldiers?
7. Once they were in the war, how did Americans believe they could win it?
8. What beliefs did American have about the Japanese going into the war, and how did those beliefs change?
9. How did contemporaneous war histories depict military blunders?
10. What did Americans expect their participation in WWII to be like?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)