Short Answer Key
Chapters 1 - 3
1. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, the soldiers are best described as being which of the following?
2. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, the soldiers are driving what sort of vehicle?
3. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, what are the soldiers towing?
A light field-piece.
4. Which of the following is not a concept that the iconic pre-war image in Chapter 1 is said to convey?
5. The author suggests that before the outbreak of war, the American military was prepared for what type of performance?
6. According to the author, before the outbreak of war, what did Americans expect their military performance to be like?
A short series of easy victories.
7. How did much of the American public react to initial reports of...
This section contains 2,778 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)