|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most proponents of precision bombing suggested that it be used to destroy what enemy targets?
(b) Civilian populations.
(c) Ground troops.
2. According to the author, what was the typical age of a soldier for the allies in WWII?
3. Compared with the enlisted men, officers would best be described as which of the following?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways that most contemporaneous war histories depicted military blunders?
5. What drink did American troops generally prefer?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, most of the well-known novels about WWII are really about what?
2. Talismans were believed to perform what function?
3. How did the American media react to the image of many conscripts being drunkards?
4. Soldiers in their thirties were often called what?
5. Which of the following qualities of warfare does the author NOT suggest to be a contributing factor in military blunders?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)