|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one way that the military controlled the reports of blunders coming from embedded reporters?
2. A blunder that causes one force to misidentify another, whether it be friendly or hostile, is called what?
(a) A target acquisition error.
(b) An identification failure.
(c) An intel-reconnaissance failure.
(d) A recognition error.
3. Rumors about the axis frequently dealt with what subject?
(a) Their tenacity.
(b) Their superior weaponry.
(c) Their combat prowess.
(d) Their atrocities.
4. Which of the following does the author not list as a cause of the increasing lack of individuality with which solders were treated?
(a) Constant flow of reinforcements.
(b) Military training.
(c) The ideological nature of the war.
(d) Huge numbers of casualties.
5. What types of bombers were believed to be key to the war-effort?
(a) Heavy bombers.
(b) Jet-propelled bombers.
(c) Medium bombers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout Chapter 6, the author describes enlisted men as being which of the following?
2. The presentation of the war by state and public media is best described as which of the following?
3. According to one rumor, what substance was added to food served to servicemen?
4. The use of meaningless and tedious tasks as hazing would best be described as which of the following?
5. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, the soldiers are driving what sort of vehicle?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)