|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the American media react to the image of many conscripts being drunkards?
(a) They tried to cover it up.
(b) They ignored it.
(c) They tried to counter it.
(d) They reported it gleefully.
2. What is unusual about the friendly-fire incident discussed in Chapter 2 and illustrated on page 18?
(a) It is still denied by military officials to this day.
(b) The bombs were all duds.
(c) It was covered up.
(d) No one was hurt.
3. The author suggests that before the outbreak of war, the American military was prepared for what type of performance?
(a) Heavy duty.
(b) Light duty.
(c) Extended duty.
(d) Rapid deployment.
4. According to the stereotype about Chinese troops, they could survive indefinitely if provided with what?
(a) A handful of rice a day.
(b) Dog meat.
(c) Dry noodles.
(d) Soy bean rations.
5. According to one rumor, female axis agents were sent to the allies with what?
(a) Poison lipstick.
(b) Concealable radios.
(d) Venereal diseases.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, rumors are best described as fulfilling what role?
2. German soldiers were typically stereotyped as being which of the following?
3. What drink did American troops generally prefer?
4. According to the rumor about servicemen's food, why was a certain substance added to their food?
5. Copies of the New Testament were frequently altered in what way?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)