|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of bombers were believed to be key to the war-effort?
(a) Jet-propelled bombers.
(c) Heavy bombers.
(d) Medium bombers.
2. The presentation of the war by state and public media is best described as which of the following?
3. In the American armed services, the term "chickenshit" referred to what?
(a) Official disciplinary action.
(b) Hazing of enlisted by officers.
(c) The response of enlisted men to hazing.
(d) Complaining among the enlisted men.
4. How did much of the American public react to initial reports of violence, chaos and casualty figures?
(a) They were appalled.
(b) They were uninterested.
(c) They refused to believe them.
(d) They ignored them.
5. Heavy drinking and womanizing caused problems for the army in what area?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nation does the author believe to have military training particularly suited to the comparison that he draws?
2. According to the stereotype about Chinese troops, they could survive indefinitely if provided with what?
3. Ernie Pyle was notable for taking great pains in his writing to list what?
4. According to the author, most of the well-known novels about WWII are really about what?
5. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, the soldiers are best described as being which of the following?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)