|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author suggests that before the outbreak of war, the American military was prepared for what type of performance?
(a) Light duty.
(b) Rapid deployment.
(c) Extended duty.
(d) Heavy duty.
2. Most proponents of precision bombing suggested that it be used to destroy what enemy targets?
(a) Ground troops.
(c) Civilian populations.
3. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, the soldiers are driving what sort of vehicle?
(a) A half-track.
(b) A tank.
(d) A jeep.
4. How long did most Americans believe the war would last?
(a) A year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) A few months.
5. Why is Julian Maclaren-Ross discussed in the book?
(a) He denounced precision bombing doctrine.
(b) He committed many blunders.
(c) He created precision bombing doctrine.
(d) He committed almost no blunders.
Short Answer Questions
1. The airman discussed in one example of military blunders, and who was killed by English soldiers, belonged to what allied nation?
2. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, what are the soldiers towing?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways that most contemporaneous war histories depicted military blunders?
4. Which of the following is not a concept that the iconic pre-war image in Chapter 1 is said to convey?
5. How did the military handle blunders that resulted in casualties?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)