|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How important was a rumor's accuracy and predictive success for its tendency to spread?
(a) Success was not important at all.
(b) Success was crucially important.
(c) Success was usually ignored.
(d) Success usually ended a rumor.
2. Why is Julian Maclaren-Ross discussed in the book?
(a) He denounced precision bombing doctrine.
(b) He created precision bombing doctrine.
(c) He committed many blunders.
(d) He committed almost no blunders.
3. What types of bombers were believed to be key to the war-effort?
(b) Jet-propelled bombers.
(c) Medium bombers.
(d) Heavy bombers.
4. Ernie Pyle was notable for taking great pains in his writing to list what?
(a) Names of enlisted men.
(b) Place names.
(c) Medals and citations.
(d) An individual's characteristics.
5. How did much of the American public react to initial reports of violence, chaos and casualty figures?
(a) They were uninterested.
(b) They ignored them.
(c) They were appalled.
(d) They refused to believe them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the military handle blunders that resulted in casualties?
2. According to one rumor, what substance was added to food served to servicemen?
3. What was the name of the technologically advanced bombsight used by American bombers?
4. According to the author, before the outbreak of war, what did Americans expect their military performance to be like?
5. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, the soldiers are best described as being which of the following?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)