|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a concept that the iconic pre-war image in Chapter 1 is said to convey?
(b) Military strength.
(c) Military readiness.
2. What factor does the author cite as being the most important in causing one force to misidentify another?
(a) The use of new battalion insignia.
(b) Differing service branches.
(c) Differing nationalities.
(d) The use of camouflage.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways that most contemporaneous war histories depicted military blunders?
4. What was Ernie Pyle's profession?
(a) Senior enlisted serviceman.
(d) Junior officer.
5. According to the rumor about servicemen's food, why was a certain substance added to their food?
(a) To drive them crazy in battle.
(b) To cause them to eat less.
(c) To dampen their sexual ardor.
(d) To cause them to sleep less.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout Chapter 6, the author describes enlisted men as being which of the following?
2. How old were the youngest soldiers fielded by the axis during the war?
3. What was the name of the technologically advanced bombsight used by American bombers?
4. The rumor about German sympathizers conveying intelligence to the enemy suggested that they were relaying what type of information?
5. One rumor suggested that German sympathizers used what animal to convey intelligence to the enemy?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)