|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the technologically advanced bombsight used by American bombers?
2. Throughout Chapter 6, the author describes enlisted men as being which of the following?
3. Ernie Pyle was notable for taking great pains in his writing to list what?
(a) An individual's characteristics.
(b) Medals and citations.
(c) Names of enlisted men.
(d) Place names.
4. According to one rumor, what substance was added to food served to servicemen?
5. The author compares military training to which of the following?
(a) Public school.
(b) The classic Greek gymnasium.
(c) A crucible.
(d) Police force training.
Short Answer Questions
1. Allegedly, agents working for the axis spread what rumor?
2. What was Ernie Pyle's profession?
3. What is one reason given for why rumors were started?
4. The rumor about German sympathizers conveying intelligence to the enemy suggested that they were relaying what type of information?
5. A blunder that causes one force to misidentify another, whether it be friendly or hostile, is called what?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)