|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. American's believed that what typically American resource would allow them to win the war?
2. How long did most Americans believe the war would last?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) A few months.
3. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, the soldiers are best described as being which of the following?
4. The author suggests that before the outbreak of war, the American military was prepared for what type of performance?
(a) Extended duty.
(b) Light duty.
(c) Heavy duty.
(d) Rapid deployment.
5. According to the author, before the outbreak of war, what did Americans expect their military performance to be like?
(a) A short series of easy victories.
(b) A defensive struggle.
(c) An unbroken series of hard-fought victories.
(d) A good record, mostly of victories.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the military handle blunders that resulted in casualties?
2. How did most Americans regard Pearl Harbor?
3. What factor does the author cite as being the most important in causing one force to misidentify another?
4. Americans believed that heavy bombers had what quality?
5. How did much of the American public react to initial reports of violence, chaos and casualty figures?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)