|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did much of the American public react to initial reports of violence, chaos and casualty figures?
(a) They ignored them.
(b) They were appalled.
(c) They refused to believe them.
(d) They were uninterested.
2. Casualties among bombers crews would best be described as which of the following?
3. American's believed that what typically American resource would allow them to win the war?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways that most contemporaneous war histories depicted military blunders?
5. Even with advanced bombsights, bombs would routinely land how far away from their targets?
(a) Thousands of yards.
(b) Hundreds of yards.
(d) Hundreds of feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, before the outbreak of war, what did Americans expect their military performance to be like?
2. Most proponents of precision bombing suggested that it be used to destroy what enemy targets?
3. Why is Julian Maclaren-Ross discussed in the book?
4. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, the soldiers are driving what sort of vehicle?
5. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, the soldiers are best described as being which of the following?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)