|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that most of the weapons issued to American armed forces suffered from what problems?
(a) They were obsolete.
(b) They were poorly made.
(c) They were issued in insufficient numbers.
(d) They were too expensive.
2. Why is Julian Maclaren-Ross discussed in the book?
(a) He committed almost no blunders.
(b) He committed many blunders.
(c) He denounced precision bombing doctrine.
(d) He created precision bombing doctrine.
3. What types of bombers were believed to be key to the war-effort?
(a) Heavy bombers.
(c) Medium bombers.
(d) Jet-propelled bombers.
4. American's believed that what typically American resource would allow them to win the war?
5. How did the military handle blunders that resulted in casualties?
(a) By ignoring them.
(b) By paying double insurance to grieving families.
(c) By attributing them to enemy action.
(d) By covering them up.
Short Answer Questions
1. A blunder that causes one force to misidentify another, whether it be friendly or hostile, is called what?
2. How were military blunders usually treated in official reports?
3. Which of the following is not a concept that the iconic pre-war image in Chapter 1 is said to convey?
4. The author suggests that in warfare, blunders are how common?
5. What factor does the author cite as being the most important in causing one force to misidentify another?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)