|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways that most contemporaneous war histories depicted military blunders?
2. What types of bombers were believed to be key to the war-effort?
(a) Heavy bombers.
(b) Medium bombers.
(c) Jet-propelled bombers.
3. Why is Julian Maclaren-Ross discussed in the book?
(a) He created precision bombing doctrine.
(b) He committed many blunders.
(c) He denounced precision bombing doctrine.
(d) He committed almost no blunders.
4. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, the soldiers are driving what sort of vehicle?
(b) A half-track.
(c) A jeep.
(d) A tank.
5. How long did most Americans believe the war would last?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) A few months.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one way that the military controlled the reports of blunders coming from embedded reporters?
2. How were military blunders usually treated in official reports?
3. How did the military handle blunders that resulted in casualties?
4. The presentation of the war by state and public media is best described as which of the following?
5. Americans believed that heavy bombers had what quality?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)