|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most proponents of precision bombing suggested that it be used to destroy what enemy targets?
(b) Civilian populations.
(c) Ground troops.
2. According to the author, before the outbreak of war, what did Americans expect their military performance to be like?
(a) A short series of easy victories.
(b) A good record, mostly of victories.
(c) A defensive struggle.
(d) An unbroken series of hard-fought victories.
3. American's believed that what typically American resource would allow them to win the war?
4. How did the military handle blunders that resulted in casualties?
(a) By paying double insurance to grieving families.
(b) By ignoring them.
(c) By attributing them to enemy action.
(d) By covering them up.
5. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, what are the soldiers towing?
(a) A destroyed enemy vehicle.
(b) Heavy artillery.
(c) Ammunition and supplies.
(d) A light field-piece.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did much of the American public react to initial reports of violence, chaos and casualty figures?
2. The presentation of the war by state and public media is best described as which of the following?
3. The airman discussed in one example of military blunders, and who was killed by English soldiers, belonged to what allied nation?
4. What types of bombers were believed to be key to the war-effort?
5. The author states that most of the weapons issued to American armed forces suffered from what problems?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)