|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did most Americans believe the war would last?
(a) Three years.
(b) A few months.
(c) A year.
(d) Six months.
2. A blunder that causes one force to misidentify another, whether it be friendly or hostile, is called what?
(a) A recognition error.
(b) An identification failure.
(c) A target acquisition error.
(d) An intel-reconnaissance failure.
3. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, the soldiers are driving what sort of vehicle?
(a) A half-track.
(c) A tank.
(d) A jeep.
4. What types of bombers were believed to be key to the war-effort?
(a) Jet-propelled bombers.
(b) Heavy bombers.
(d) Medium bombers.
5. At the beginning of World War II, aerial combat was regarded as exemplifying what obsolescent ideal?
(d) Single combat.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that most of the weapons issued to American armed forces suffered from what problems?
2. What factor does the author cite as being the most important in causing one force to misidentify another?
3. What was the name of the technologically advanced bombsight used by American bombers?
4. Which of the following is not a concept that the iconic pre-war image in Chapter 1 is said to convey?
5. The author suggests that in warfare, blunders are how common?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)