|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author establish the nature of the media's presentation of the war?
(a) Through personal stories.
(b) Through prose and verse quotations.
(c) Through statistics.
(d) Through anecdotes.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons that armies historically favored younger soldiers?
(a) They are aggressive.
(b) They are physically fit.
(c) They are obedient.
(d) They do not question the war's irrationality.
3. According to the author, what was the typical age of a soldier for the allies in WWII?
4. Casualties among bombers crews would best be described as which of the following?
5. How long did most Americans believe the war would last?
(a) A year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three years.
(d) A few months.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author suggests that most people prefer to feel that their lives have what?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that American soldiers were told they were fighting for?
3. What is unusual about the friendly-fire incident discussed in Chapter 2 and illustrated on page 18?
4. What type of magazine was Horizon?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways that most contemporaneous war histories depicted military blunders?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)