|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, most of the well-known novels about WWII are really about what?
(a) Petty hazing.
2. What nation does the author believe to have military training particularly suited to the comparison that he draws?
3. German soldiers were typically stereotyped as being which of the following?
(a) Incredibly strong.
(b) Bloodthirsty berserkers.
(c) Unthinkingly loyal.
(d) Extremely stealthy.
4. The compensation from the title of Chapter 15 refers to what?
(a) Good things that came out of the war.
(b) Pay for soldiers.
(c) The upside of excessive patriotism.
(d) Allied victories.
5. According to one rumor, female axis agents were sent to the allies with what?
(b) Poison lipstick.
(c) Concealable radios.
(d) Venereal diseases.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impact of Horizon is considered briefly at the end of Chapter 15?
2. Soldiers in their thirties were often called what?
3. Overall, the media presented the war effort as being which of the following?
4. Chapter 10 centers around the common soldier's perception of what characteristic of the war?
5. The deprivation that the title of Chapter 14 refers to is a deprivation of what resource?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)