|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what belief is typical of younger soldiers and not of older soldiers?
(a) They do not matter.
(b) They will almost certainly die.
(c) They will survive.
(d) They are the best soldiers in the war.
2. Which of the following was a predominant source of media during World War II?
(a) Public Address.
(c) Flyers and handbills.
(d) Print Advertisements.
3. Chapter 10 centers around the common soldier's perception of what characteristic of the war?
(a) Its diplomatic nature.
(b) The technology used in it.
(c) Its ideological nature.
(d) Its progress.
4. How does the author establish the common soldier's opinion of the meaning of the war?
(a) Through prose and verse quotations.
(b) Through statistics.
(c) Through anecdotes.
(d) Through personal stories.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the elements that the author states to be missing from most venues during the war?
(d) Dissenting opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author establish the nature of the media's presentation of the war?
2. Casualties among bombers crews would best be described as which of the following?
3. What was one of the most routine ways that enlisted men dealt with the hazing they received from officers?
4. What impact of Horizon is considered briefly at the end of Chapter 15?
5. Heavy drinking and womanizing caused problems for the army in what area?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)