|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the ways that most contemporaneous war histories depicted military blunders?
2. The author suggests that disliked soldiers were more likely to be selected for what type of duty?
(a) Meaningless tasks.
(b) Unimportant combat roles.
(c) Dangerous combat roles.
(d) Rear area duty.
3. How did the military handle blunders that resulted in casualties?
(a) By paying double insurance to grieving families.
(b) By covering them up.
(c) By attributing them to enemy action.
(d) By ignoring them.
4. How does the author establish the nature of the media's presentation of the war?
(a) Through anecdotes.
(b) Through prose and verse quotations.
(c) Through statistics.
(d) Through personal stories.
5. Ernie Pyle was notable for taking great pains in his writing to list what?
(a) An individual's characteristics.
(b) Medals and citations.
(c) Names of enlisted men.
(d) Place names.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most soldiers had no knowledge of their purpose in regards to what?
2. Most hazing would best be described as what?
3. Casualties among bombers crews would best be described as which of the following?
4. How accepting were most soldiers of the media's interpretation of the meaning of the war?
5. One rumor suggested that German sympathizers used what animal to convey intelligence to the enemy?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)