|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the military handle blunders that resulted in casualties?
(a) By covering them up.
(b) By ignoring them.
(c) By attributing them to enemy action.
(d) By paying double insurance to grieving families.
2. How old were axis soldiers compared to allied soldiers?
(a) About the same age.
(b) Slightly younger.
(c) No accurate records exist for the axis.
(d) Slightly older.
3. German soldiers were typically stereotyped as being which of the following?
(a) Extremely stealthy.
(b) Incredibly strong.
(c) Bloodthirsty berserkers.
(d) Unthinkingly loyal.
4. According to the author, what belief is typical of younger soldiers and not of older soldiers?
(a) They do not matter.
(b) They will survive.
(c) They are the best soldiers in the war.
(d) They will almost certainly die.
5. The use of meaningless and tedious tasks as hazing would best be described as which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author suggests that before the outbreak of war, the American military was prepared for what type of performance?
2. What conditions caused servicemen to set aside the preoccupation with women as objects of sexualized desire?
3. What type of story is specifically cited as being unlikely to be reported by mainstream media of the era?
4. The rumor about German sympathizers conveying intelligence to the enemy suggested that they were relaying what type of information?
5. When did heavy drinking begin for most conscripts?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)