|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 - 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did mainstream media outlets adopt the strategy of accentuating the positive?
(a) To keep military secrets away from the public.
(b) To control the flow of information.
(c) To stir up hatred for the enemy.
(d) To bolster morale.
2. Even with advanced bombsights, bombs would routinely land how far away from their targets?
(a) Hundreds of feet.
(b) Thousands of yards.
(c) Hundreds of yards.
3. German soldiers were typically stereotyped as being which of the following?
(a) Unthinkingly loyal.
(b) Bloodthirsty berserkers.
(c) Extremely stealthy.
(d) Incredibly strong.
4. According to one rumor, female axis agents were sent to the allies with what?
(a) Venereal diseases.
(b) Concealable radios.
(d) Poison lipstick.
5. Why did enlisted men require an "anodyne"?
(a) To make up for their low self-images.
(b) To cope with the stresses of warfare.
(c) To provide a distraction.
(d) To deal with the loss of friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. The drinking among servicemen when alcohol was freely available would best be described as which of the following?
2. Most soldiers had no knowledge of their purpose in regards to what?
3. According to the author, real exposure to warfare had what effect on the beliefs of individual soldiers?
4. How did the military handle blunders that resulted in casualties?
5. How was God related to the war in the political and media interpretation in America?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)