|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drink did German troops generally prefer?
2. Throughout Chapter 6, the author describes enlisted men as being which of the following?
3. How important was a rumor's accuracy and predictive success for its tendency to spread?
(a) Success was usually ignored.
(b) Success was crucially important.
(c) Success usually ended a rumor.
(d) Success was not important at all.
4. Overall, the example that Horizon set was which of the following?
5. German soldiers were typically stereotyped as being which of the following?
(a) Extremely stealthy.
(b) Bloodthirsty berserkers.
(c) Unthinkingly loyal.
(d) Incredibly strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the author not list as a cause of the increasing lack of individuality with which solders were treated?
2. Italians were considered to prefer which of the following to war?
3. When were most enduring war novels written?
4. Overall, the media coverage of the war would best be described as which of the following?
5. In the American armed services, the term "chickenshit" referred to what?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)