|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How common was sexual intercourse as an anodyne compared with drinking?
(a) It was slightly more common.
(b) It was slightly less common.
(c) It was equally common.
(d) It was much more common.
2. According to one rumor, female axis agents were sent to the allies with what?
(a) Venereal diseases.
(b) Concealable radios.
(d) Poison lipstick.
3. How did most media outlets react to the requirements placed on them?
(a) They accepted them grudgingly.
(b) They rarely complied.
(c) They complied willingly.
(d) They secretly disobeyed them.
4. How did the American media react to the image of many conscripts being drunkards?
(a) They reported it gleefully.
(b) They tried to cover it up.
(c) They tried to counter it.
(d) They ignored it.
5. Most hazing would best be described as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What impact of Horizon is considered briefly at the end of Chapter 15?
2. The author suggests that most people prefer to feel that their lives have what?
3. What conditions caused servicemen to set aside the preoccupation with women as objects of sexualized desire?
4. Why does the author regard the deprivation of soldiers as unremarkable?
5. Which of the following is one major type of resource that American citizens were deprived of during the war?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)