Chapters 1 - 3
1. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, the soldiers are best described as being which of the following?
2. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, the soldiers are driving what sort of vehicle?
(b) A jeep.
(c) A tank.
(d) A half-track.
3. In the iconic pre-war image discussed in Chapter 1, what are the soldiers towing?
(a) A destroyed enemy vehicle.
(b) A light field-piece.
(c) Heavy artillery.
(d) Ammunition and supplies.
4. Which of the following is not a concept that the iconic pre-war image in Chapter 1 is said to convey?
(a) Military readiness.
(d) Military strength.
5. The author suggests that before the outbreak of war, the American military was prepared for what type of performance?
(a) Heavy duty.
(b) Extended duty.
(c) Rapid deployment.
(d) Light duty.
6. According to the author, before the outbreak of war, what did Americans expect their military performance to be like?
(a) A short series of easy victories.
(b) An unbroken series of hard-fought victories.
(c) A good record, mostly of victories.
(d) A defensive struggle.
This section contains 4,588 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)