|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose songs did Melba once want to sing at talent shows?
(a) Diana Ross.
(b) Dinah Washington.
(c) Lena Horne.
(d) Rosemary Clooney.
2. How did the Pattillos escape Andy and his friends at the store?
(a) Walking with three large sisters of the church.
(b) By running faster than the boys.
(c) With a police escort.
(d) By sneaking away.
3. According to the Sunday newspaper, whose parents stayed up late discussing whether to allow their child to attend Central before deciding to leave the decision up to their child?
(c) Terrence (Terry).
4. Who offered a reward for getting the remaining Little Rock Nine expelled?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan.
(b) The Little Rock City Council.
(c) The CHS Mothers League.
(d) White Citizens Council.
5. Melba decided to "claim Saturday for her own" after her first week of school. What time did she rise?
(a) 8 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 4 a.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song did Minnijean want to sing in the talent show?
2. What room at school did Melba sometimes avoid because it was become "the main place for them to get me"?
3. What did Melba hear when the 101st soldiers escorted the nine students inside Central High School?
4. What did Vince give Melba for her birthday?
5. According the newspaper, what was the cost to taxpayers for federal troops to maintain order at Central High School?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't Melba allowed to go to a New Years' Party with Vince?
2. Describe Mrs. Pickwick.
3. One day in October the attacks against the students were so severe that what happened?
4. What damage did the white mob do after Melba and the other students left the school after their first day inside?
5. Who participated in the heart-to-heart talk with hard core school segregationists? Did the talk help?
6. What were some of the threats that the Little Rock Nine faced in January?
7. What were some of the special "days" that the segregationists came up with to harass the Little Rock Nine?
8. Melba felts lonely at school. Why?
9. What happened to Melba when saluting the flag?
10. How did Grandma India respond to Melba's wish to be dead?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)