|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said that "integration is no fun"?
(d) Melba's brother, Conrad.
2. Which prominent Little Rock official defies the governor's stance on opposing integration?
(a) The Little Rock Representative.
(b) The Little Rock Mayor.
(c) The Central High School principal.
(d) The head of the National Guard.
3. What were the girls doing in Melba's first gym class?
4. Who was Virgil Blossom?
(a) U.S. District Attorney.
(b) The Little Rock school superintendent.
(c) Chairman of the School Board.
(d) Little Rock Mayor.
5. How many students were chosen to integrate the Little Rock High School?
Short Answer Questions
1. What places did Melba's father talk about where African American men were treated equal?
2. Which of Melba's classes did she describe as a zoo?
3. Approximately how many white students attended Central High during the year that Melba attended?
4. What was the popular name of the 101st Airborne Division?
5. What was supposed to be the first day of school for Melba in 1957?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the boys who were part of the integration effort?
2. How did the Little Rock Nine get to school on their second attempt?
3. Why did Melba want to meet Governor Faubus face to face?
4. Describe Grandma India's bedroom.
5. Describe the other girls who integrated into Central High School with Melba.
6. Why did Mrs. Bates shush Melba in Chapter Nine?
7. Who was Marissa?
8. What happened when Melba called her friend Marsha on a Friday night?
9. Describe the federal courtroom that Melba and the other eight students visited.
10. After two days stuck at home and not being allowed to go to school, what does Melba vow to do?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)