|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Pattillos usually sit at church?
(a) Second row.
(b) Left of center.
(c) In the balcony.
(d) Right of center.
2. What was supposed to be the first day of school for Melba in 1957?
(a) September 5.
(b) September 3.
(c) September 16.
(d) August 31.
3. What did Melba have to drink at the home of the NAACP president before talking to the press?
(a) Grapette Cola.
(b) Cherry Cola.
(c) RC Cola.
(d) Vanilla Coke.
4. In 1954, what was the population of Little Rock and of that number, how many were African American?
(a) 107,300. Of that number, about 30,000 are African Americans.
(b) 105,800. Of that number, about 40,000 are African Americans.
(c) 102,400. Of that number, about 25,000 are African Americans.
(d) 109,600. Of that number, about 17,000 are African Americans.
5. Who was the first white person to call Melba "Miss Pattillo"?
(a) A white reporter.
(b) A police officer.
(c) An NAACP official.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Grandma India's favorite hymn?
2. Who told Melba "a true warrior does not give up"?
3. What does "amicus curiae" mean in "Warriors Don't Cry"?
4. Where was Melba instructed to go if anyone broke into their house?
5. Whose eyes were hidden by dark glasses, which were probably hiding the fear she felt on the first day at Central High School?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Elizabeth when she couldn't get into the school on the first day?
2. Who came to the Pattillo house the day after the first attempt at integration?
3. What was Melba's father like and what work did he do?
4. Who was Marissa?
5. Who were the boys who were part of the integration effort?
6. Describe the federal courtroom that Melba and the other eight students visited.
7. What did Grandma India do and say to Melba after the attempted rape?
8. What did Melba do before she got in her mother's car for the first day of school at Central High School in Little Rock?
9. How did the Little Rock Nine get to school on their second attempt?
10. Why was Grandma India hanging a picture on the wall above the television?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)