|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the unsuccessful meeting with the school superintendent, what door did the students take to enter Central High School?
(a) Front door.
(b) Side door at Sixteenth and Park.
(c) Side door at Fourteenth and Park.
(d) Basement garage entry.
2. Which of the Little Rock Nine had a bomb placed under the porch of the home?
3. What was Melba's class after gym class?
4. What was the evening newspaper that the Pattillos sometimes read?
(a) Little Rock News.
(b) Arkansas Democrat.
(c) Arkansas Gazette.
(d) Little Rock Herald.
5. Who was the Monopoly champ in the Pattillo household?
(b) The mother.
6. What was Melba stabbed in the back with?
(a) A sharp stick.
(b) A wrought iron flag pole.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pencil.
7. After the fire drill, who escorted Melba, Carlotta and Thelma to the restroom and cafeteria?
(a) Mrs. Huckaby.
(c) Mrs. Pickwick.
8. What did Melba's old friend Marsha call Melba?
(a) The traitor.
(b) The troublemaker.
(c) The chosen one.
(d) Miss High and Mighty.
9. What did Melba ask her diary for at Christmas time?
(a) An end to going to Central High School.
(b) A nice, new stepfather.
(c) An end to the harassment.
(d) A car.
10. In early October, what adult with Central High School protected Melba, Minnijean and Ernie from tormentors?
(a) Mrs. Pickwick.
(b) Mr. Matthews.
(c) Basketball coach.
(d) Mrs. Huckaby.
11. Who attacked Melba at the pep rally?
(a) Five blonde cheerleader types.
(b) Three or four football player types.
(c) A red-headed girl and her friends.
(d) Andy and three other boys.
12. Who looked like "spectators at a sports event" when Melba arrives at school on October 1?
(b) Arkansas National Guard.
(d) Student parents.
13. What did Grandma India nickname the two white men that watch their house?
(a) Drib and drab.
(b) Abbott and Costello.
(c) Mutt and Jeff.
(d) The Marx Brothers.
14. What song did Minnijean want to sing in the talent show?
(c) Peggy Sue.
15. Why said, "I'm angry enough to hunt bear without my shotgun"?
(a) Superintendent Blossom.
(b) The father of a white student.
(c) The father of one of the Little Rock Nine.
Short Answer Questions
1. State officials decided to go after NAACP officials in Arkansas. What was the fine to Mrs. Bates for not supplying information on the NAACP?
2. Who referred to Little Rock as "an occupied city"?
3. Who replaced Judge Davies in the Little Rock integration case?
4. Who said to Melba, "anger brings defeat"?
5. During the time that the 101st was at Central High School, who drove the students to school?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)