|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Link prove to Melba that it was him when he called?
(a) He tells her what he was wearing when he last saw her.
(b) He reminds her of what he said to her earlier that day.
(c) He tells her about a gold football on his key chain.
(d) He doesn't.
2. Who saved Melba from being raped by an angry white man?
(c) Grandma India.
3. On the first day that the Little Rock Nine attended Central High School classes, the crowd outside the school outnumbered the police by about how much?
(a) Twenty times as many.
(b) A hundredfold.
(c) Ten times as many.
(d) Fifty times as many.
4. Who was the reporter who first wrote about Melba's mother losing her job?
(a) Mr. Lee.
(b) Mr. Washington.
(c) Mr. Reed.
(d) Mr. Williams.
5. How did the Pattillos escape Andy and his friends at the store?
(a) By sneaking away.
(b) Walking with three large sisters of the church.
(c) With a police escort.
(d) By running faster than the boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Judge Davies from?
2. Who was the governor of Arkansas at the time integration is first sought at Central High School?
3. What was the popular name of the 101st Airborne Division?
4. What idea did Melba become obsessed with in late January of the school year?
5. What did Melba's grandmother say was the mark of a disciplined individual?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)