|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did President Eisenhower send to protect the students integrating into Central High School?
(a) U.S. Army Reserve.
(b) The Arkansas 2nd Expeditionary Unit.
(c) The 101st Airborne Division.
(d) The National Guard.
2. Where was the Arkansas governor's retreat?
(a) Florida Keys.
(b) Sea Island, Georgia.
(c) Hilton Head, South Carolina.
(d) Padres Island, Texas.
3. Why said, "You hit back every day you get through"?
(a) Mrs. Huckaby.
(b) Melba's mother.
(c) Mrs. Bates.
4. Which of the Little Rock Nine had a bomb placed under the porch of the home?
5. What type of car did Melba's mother drive in 1957?
(a) Green Pontiac.
(b) Brown Chevy.
(c) White Ford.
(d) Blue Chrysler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told the Little Rock Nine to "complain only when something is injurious to your health, or life-threatening"?
2. After the unsuccessful meeting with the school superintendent, what door did the students take to enter Central High School?
3. Who did Melba compared to "cats in sunlight"?
4. What historic event happened on the day the author was born?
5. What was Melba's grandmother's first name?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)