|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of car did Melba's mother drive in 1957?
(a) White Ford.
(b) Green Pontiac.
(c) Blue Chrysler.
(d) Brown Chevy.
2. Who was the first white person to call Melba "Miss Pattillo"?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A white reporter.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) An NAACP official.
3. Who accompanied Governor Faubus to a conference with the President?
(a) Roy Wilkins.
(b) Representative Brooks Hays.
(c) Virgil Blossom.
(d) Jess Matthews.
4. Who told the Little Rock Nine to "complain only when something is injurious to your health, or life-threatening"?
(a) School officials.
(b) NAACP officials.
(c) The police.
(d) National Guard.
5. Which of the Little Rock Nine started to turn blue after entering the Central High office?
Short Answer Questions
1. Melba had a secret copy of a magazine that she read after she and her mother returned home from unsuccessfully being admitted to Central High School. What was it?
2. What was Melba's grandma using jelly beans for?
3. Who did Melba's grandmother travel to Italy with during her lifetime?
4. In 1954, what was the population of Little Rock and of that number, how many were African American?
5. How did the Pattillos escape Andy and his friends at the store?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)