|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Judge Davies from?
(a) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(b) Fargo, North Dakota.
(c) Kansas City, Missouri.
(d) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
2. Who did Melba compared to "cats in sunlight"?
(a) White segregationists.
(b) Arkansas National Guard.
(c) Central High School staff.
(d) Little Rock police.
3. What did Melba's grandmother say was the mark of a disciplined individual?
(a) Polished shoes.
(b) A lean physique.
(c) Pressed clothing.
(d) Good posture.
4. What location at Central High School was like a peaceful island to Melba?
(a) The cafeteria.
(c) The exit.
(d) Mrs. Pickwick's shorthand class.
5. What class did Melba withdraw from after Christmas due to not being able to concentrate?
Short Answer Questions
1. At age four, what did Melba do in her Indian Head tablet?
2. What was Grandma India's favorite hymn?
3. Who did President Eisenhower send to protect the students integrating into Central High School?
4. Who was Virgil Blossom?
5. Where did the Pattillos usually sit at church?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)