|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who yelled to Melba, "Now you've had your lesson. You don't have to go back to that awful school anymore"?
(a) Melba's father.
(c) Mrs. Floyd.
(d) Mrs. Convers.
2. Where was the Arkansas governor's retreat?
(a) Sea Island, Georgia.
(b) Hilton Head, South Carolina.
(c) Padres Island, Texas.
(d) Florida Keys.
3. Who accused Melba of making "mountains out of molehills"?
(a) School office staff.
(d) White students.
4. Grandma India had Melba get involved in a project that interested her. What was it?
(a) Learning to dance.
(b) The Explorer satellite.
(c) Writing short stories.
(d) Helping underprivileged children.
5. Who came looking for Melba at Central High with a red face and a frown?
(a) Her guide.
(b) Mrs. Huckaby.
(c) A police officer.
(d) Mr. Matthews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of shoes did Melba wear to school?
2. Melba's mother was a teacher. What did she teach?
3. Who held a Christmas party on the same night as Melba's sixteenth birthday party?
4. Where were the wrestling matches held that Melba and her grandmother attended?
5. Approximately how many white students attended Central High during the year that Melba attended?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)