|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which prominent Little Rock official defies the governor's stance on opposing integration?
(a) The Little Rock Representative.
(b) The Central High School principal.
(c) The head of the National Guard.
(d) The Little Rock Mayor.
2. Who sends a telegram to the governor and expects full cooperation for integration?
(a) President Eisenhower.
(b) Thurgood Marshall.
(c) Director of the FBI.
(d) Bill Clinton.
3. What was Melba's class after gym class?
4. What historic event happened on the day the author was born?
(a) The Korean War begins.
(b) Pearl Harbor is bombed.
(c) Okinawa is bombed.
(d) The beach at Normandy is stormed.
5. At age four, what did Melba do in her Indian Head tablet?
(b) Write in her journal.
(c) Draw pictures.
(d) Practice letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "amicus curiae" mean in "Warriors Don't Cry"?
2. Where were the wrestling matches held that Melba and her grandmother attended?
3. Who came looking for Melba at Central High with a red face and a frown?
4. Where did the Saturday meeting between the two factions of students take place and who was recording it?
5. What was Melba's grandmother's first name?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)