|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the author meet on the 30th anniversary of Little Rock integration that her brother referred to as "good people"?
(a) Eisenhower's daughter.
(b) Orval Faubus.
(c) Bill Clinton.
(d) Winthrop Rockefeller.
2. Who did Melba's grandmother travel to Italy with during her lifetime?
(a) Her employer.
(b) No one - she went by herself.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
3. What was Melba's class after gym class?
4. Who replaced Judge Davies in the Little Rock integration case?
(a) Judge Bush.
(b) Judge Albert.
(c) Judge Harper.
(d) Judge Crowley.
5. Who did Melba know who graduated from college in 1954?
(a) Melba's best friend.
(b) Melba's father.
(c) Melba's mother.
(d) Melba's preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many white students attended Central High during the year that Melba attended?
2. Who spoke with a "quick New York accent overlying a slight Southern drawl"?
3. What historic event happened on the day the author was born?
4. Who was Conrad?
5. Who headed the Arkansas National Guard unit at Central High School?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)