|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the attorney that worked on Brown v. Board of Education and who also asked the Federal District Court on behalf of the NAACP to start integration in Little Rock immediately?
(a) Ralph Abernathy.
(b) Thurgood Marshall.
(c) Mary Thomason.
(d) Clara Luper.
2. Who was the governor of Arkansas at the time integration is first sought at Central High School?
(a) Francis Cherry.
(b) Winthrop Rockefeller.
(c) Orval Faubus.
(d) Bill Clinton.
3. What was the "sole voice" of Little Rock's African American community in 1957?
(a) Little Rock Herald.
(b) Arkansas State Press.
(c) Arkansas Times.
(d) Little Rock News.
4. How many students were chosen to integrate the Little Rock High School?
5. What was Melba's grandmother's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1954, what was the population of Little Rock and of that number, how many were African American?
2. Who was the other member of the Little Rock Nine who shared Melba's enjoyment of singing?
3. What was the date that the Supreme Court ruled on Brown v. Board of Education?
4. Who was Mr. Higgenbottom?
5. What historic event happened on the day the author was born?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)