|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1954, what was the population of Little Rock and of that number, how many were African American?
(a) 109,600. Of that number, about 17,000 are African Americans.
(b) 105,800. Of that number, about 40,000 are African Americans.
(c) 102,400. Of that number, about 25,000 are African Americans.
(d) 107,300. Of that number, about 30,000 are African Americans.
2. Who did Melba's grandmother travel to Italy with during her lifetime?
(a) No one - she went by herself.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her employer.
(d) Her husband.
3. Who was Mr. Higgenbottom?
(a) The shotgun.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) An imaginary friend.
(d) A male friend of Grandma's.
4. What was the date that the Supreme Court ruled on Brown v. Board of Education?
(a) May 17, 1954.
(b) June 17, 1955.
(c) May 3, 1956.
(d) July 10, 1957.
5. In Melba's opinion, who looked like a caramel-colored James Darin?
(b) Nat King Cole.
(c) Johnny Mathis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students were chosen to integrate the Little Rock High School?
2. Who was Daisy Bates?
3. What historic event happened on the day the author was born?
4. Melba's mother was a teacher. What did she teach?
5. Who told Melba that she wasn't a quitter?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)