|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the prisoner, Sokolov, who is terrified when the French start to march them all out of Moscow?
2. How does Kutuzov react to Lauriston's coming to see him to negotiate peace?
3. How does Pierre react to his situation during the march out of Moscow when they stop on the first night?
4. How does Pierre react to Platon's illness when he is sitting by the birch tree?
5. What does Count Rostov say to Petya when he says he wants to join the army?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the story nearly as much narrative is devoted to combat as to society... or it may seem that way. Describe the juxtaposition of the two elements and their importance to the story. How is it or not? Why is it or not?
Essay Topic 2
In some dramatizations, the story of Nicholas, Sonya and Mary is greatly diminished or eliminated. Is their story important to the whole and if so why?
Essay Topic 3
Prince Andrew reflects a great deal on the nature of War. Explore his views about it and explain how it carves his final attitude.
This section contains 1,328 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)