Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What torments Natasha when she thinks about Andrew after his death?
2. Who stumbles out of the woods to join the Fifth Company before the battle of Krasnoe?
3. What happens to Kutuzov after he sees the Tsar at Vilna?
4. How does the old Prince Bolkonski react to Marya Dmitrievna's visit?
5. When Andrew goes to visit his family at Bald Hills, he begins to tell little Nicholas the story of Bluebeard and but then stops and begins to brood over something. What is he thinking about?
Essay Topic 1
Is Andrew is reckless of his personal safety, or does he have delusions of grandeur? What motivates him at Borodino? Prince Andrew reflects a great deal on the nature of war and any role he might have in it. Explore his views about it and if they indicate that he is one or the other. Explore what leads up to Borodino and what follows in defending your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Prince Andrew reflects a great deal on the nature of War. Explore his views about it and explain how it carves his final attitude.
Essay Topic 3
Tolstoy was involved in the Crimean War and wrote about his experiences in Sevastapol Sketches. What do you think his view on war is based on War and Peace? Is there a character or characters who act as his mouthpiece? Who are they and how do they express his view? Be sure to reference particulars.
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)