Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What torments Natasha when she thinks about Andrew after his death?
2. Who stumbles out of the woods to join the Fifth Company before the battle of Krasnoe?
3. What happens to Kutuzov after he sees the Tsar at Vilna?
4. How does the old Prince Bolkonski react to Marya Dmitrievna's visit?
5. When Andrew goes to visit his family at Bald Hills, he begins to tell little Nicholas the story of Bluebeard and but then stops and begins to brood over something. What is he thinking about?
Essay Topic 1
Explore Prince Andrew's mental and emotional changes in the story. What brings about each change? How is each change important to the action following it? How does his experience at Austerlizt affect his homecoming and later meeting with Pierre? How do you think his changes affect those around him? Consider other important changes to his character in your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Dolokhov's character. Is he a villain or heroic? Why/why not? Use examples through out the story to defend your point.
Essay Topic 3
Prince Andrew reflects a great deal on the nature of War. Explore his views about it and explain how it carves his final attitude.
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)