|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pierre has difficulty getting on a horse to ride with a general, how does the staff react to the sight of him?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) They are derisive and unpleasant about his presence.
(c) They are annoyed at first but when they see his determination to continue, they are impressed.
(d) They are amused at his size but also impressed with the civilian who wants to see the war.
2. What brings about the change in Andrew in Yaroslavl?
(a) His wound is not improving and infection has set in. He is frequently delirious.
(b) He has gangrene and it weakens him so much that he cannot fight it any longer.
(c) He gives up on the unpleasant struggle to live as his life has been so painful.
(d) He dreams of trying to close a door on death and fails. He no longer fears death.
3. What happens to Mary right after her father dies?
(a) The peasants on the land riot and keep her and Mlle. Bourienne confined to the house.
(b) The French enter the home and prevent her from leaving.
(c) The peasants on the land whom Andrew has freed refuse to let her leave for Moscow.
(d) Mlle. Bourienne persuades Mary to stay at Bogucharovo, but the peasants do not want them there.
4. After Andrew leaves to join the army a second time, what does the old Prince Bolkonski say to Mary before showing her Andrew's second letter?
(a) He tells her that he is angry with her for interfering between him and Mlle. Bourienne.
(b) He tells her that Andrew has written to him about the approach of the French to Smolensk.
(c) He tells her that Andrew has written to say the French are in Smolensk and that they should go to Bogucharovo.
(d) He asks her if she is happy that she has made he and Andrew quarrel, that he is old and weak, and hurt by the situation.
5. What does Natasha see happening to Mary in the future?
(a) She has no thought for the future.
(b) She sees her living with her as a sister.
(c) She sees her marrying Pierre.
(d) She sees her marrying Nicholas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
2. Who stumbles out of the woods to join the Fifth Company before the battle of Krasnoe?
3. How does Natashsa physically and emotionally react to her mother's grief over Petya?
4. What sort of man is Rostopchin?
5. Balashev is sent to meet Napoleon with a letter from Alexander. Who does he meet before seeing Napoleon and how do the meetings go?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)