|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pierre leave St. Petersburg for Moscow?
(a) Prince Andrew has come back from abroad and invites Pierre to visit him in Moscow.
(b) He is depressed living with Helene and goes to Moscow to get away from her.
(c) His carousing behavior is embarrassing to Helene, so she asks him to leave.
(d) He goes there to attend to matters on his estate there.
2. Who does Nicholas meet with his squadron when seeking shelter at an inn from the rain?
(a) The regimental doctor and his pretty wife.
(b) An aunt of Princess Mary's.
(c) A pretty young woman who flirts with all the soldiers.
3. What prevents Anatole from openly courting Natasha?
(a) Anatole is already married.
(b) Natasha's engagement to Prince Andrew.
(c) Count Rostov is very protective of his daughter.
(d) Marya Dmitrievna dislikes the Kuragins and tells Natasha that she will not allow them in her home.
4. Who stumbles out of the woods to join the Fifth Company before the battle of Krasnoe?
(a) Ramballe, the soldier who went into Bazdeev's house, and his orderly.
(b) Tikhon, the peasant.
(c) The French corporal who had been nice to Pierre in Moscow.
(d) Mlle. Bourienne.
5. The French doctor, Metivier, goes to visit with the old Prince Bolkonsky. What is the result?
(a) The old prince becomes convinced that he is a spy and makes him leave.
(b) As it is the old Prince's name day, he has so many visitors that he is unaware of his presence.
(c) The old prince is delighted at his coming and spends the entire evening talking mostly to him.
(d) The old prince becomes quite friendly with him but then gets upset when he pays attention to Mlle. Bourienne.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the French and Russians not engage in battle after Borodino?
2. How does Pierre react to his situation during the march out of Moscow when they stop on the first night?
3. How has Natasha changed since becoming ill?
4. What does Natasha see happening to Mary in the future?
5. Who does Andrew meet outside of Kutuzov's quarters after the French have taken Smolensk?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)