Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What torments Natasha when she thinks about Andrew after his death?
(a) What could have been and how her own folly ruined that.
(b) Her telling him that he would get better.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Her constantly telling him to sleep.
2. Who stumbles out of the woods to join the Fifth Company before the battle of Krasnoe?
(a) Mlle. Bourienne.
(b) The French corporal who had been nice to Pierre in Moscow.
(c) Ramballe, the soldier who went into Bazdeev's house, and his orderly.
(d) Tikhon, the peasant.
3. What happens to Kutuzov after he sees the Tsar at Vilna?
(a) He goes home and writes his memoirs.
(b) He is sent by the Tsar to act as ambassador to France.
(c) He leaves Russia to retire in a sunny place.
(d) He dies.
4. How does the old Prince Bolkonski react to Marya Dmitrievna's visit?
(a) He is unexpectedly very pleasant, but tells her he will not change his mind about Andrew's wedding.
(b) He loudly refuses to see her.
(c) He is out discussing political reform at the time.
(d) He shouts at her.
5. When Andrew goes to visit his family at Bald Hills, he begins to tell little Nicholas the story of Bluebeard and but then stops and begins to brood over something. What is he thinking about?
(a) He has no remorse for arguing with his father nor tender feeling for his son.
(b) He is thinking about how sad he is to leave Mary with his father.
(c) He is thinking about Natasha after a recent conversation with Mary which makes him irritable.
(d) He is thinking about how he will find Anatole and punish him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kutuzov react to Lauriston's coming to see him to negotiate peace?
2. Why is Petya forbidden by his general to take part in Denisov's action when he sends Petya with a dispatch for him?
3. Who is the first to see the French at Ostrovna?
4. When Pierre has difficulty getting on a horse to ride with a general, how does the staff react to the sight of him?
5. How does Helene's mother react to her attempt to get divorced?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)