Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Natasha receives a letter. What does it say and who is it from?
(a) It is from Prince Andrew saying that he is about to return to Russia, and he has decided to marry her as soon as he returns.
(b) It is from Pierre warning her not to trust Anatole.
(c) It is from Anatole asking if Natasha will meet him secretly later in the evening.
(d) It is from Anatole declaring his love for her and saying that he has two choices: to be loved by her or to die.
2. The French doctor, Metivier, goes to visit with the old Prince Bolkonsky. What is the result?
(a) The old prince becomes quite friendly with him but then gets upset when he pays attention to Mlle. Bourienne.
(b) The old prince is delighted at his coming and spends the entire evening talking mostly to him.
(c) As it is the old Prince's name day, he has so many visitors that he is unaware of his presence.
(d) The old prince becomes convinced that he is a spy and makes him leave.
3. How does Kutuzov react when he hears that the French have left Moscow?
(a) He is unusually angry that the Tsar and his staff have not had faith in him.
(b) He is pleased but still worried about upcoming battles.
(c) He thanks God and weeps.
(d) He has expected it all along.
4. After the end of the war, when does Pierre say he will go to St. Petersburg?
(a) He doesn't know if he'll go or not.
(b) He doesn't go.
(c) He will go in a few days.
(d) He go the day after he visits with Mary and Natasha.
5. What happens when Count Orlov-Denisov and his Cossacks try to engage the French?
(a) They are successful at engaging the French but once the Cossacks take prisoners and collect valuable booty, they won't continue the fight.
(b) They arrive where the French are supposed to be but the entire army has joined them and the count looses most of his Cossacks.
(c) They fail to surprise the French as the informer is an impostor who has led them into a trap.
(d) They engage the French and smash up the division separated from the rest of the French army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Count Rostopchin?
2. Pierre is shown a section of Revelations by one of his fellow Masons which corresponds with Napoleon. What does he find in reading it?
3. How does Kutuzov react to Lauriston's coming to see him to negotiate peace?
4. How does Andrew react when he sees Natasha after they leave Moscow?
5. How does Nicholas receive Mary when she comes to visit him, his mother and Sonya?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)