|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 15, Chapters 1-8 | Part 15, Chapters 9-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pierre is shown a section of Revelations by one of his fellow Masons which corresponds with Napoleon. What does he find in reading it?
(a) Napoleon's name in Russian and French adds up to 666.
(b) He sees that Napoleon is the beast and decides that he must spread this word to everyone in Russia.
(c) His name in French and Napoleon's both add up to 666.
(d) Knowing that Napoleon's name adds up to 666, he unsuccessfully tries to use the same calculations with his name.
2. Who does Dolokhov propose to?
(a) Helene Bezukhova.
3. Nichols has returned to his regiment. How does the regiment respond to his arrival and how does he react?
(a) They are all starving and he is happy to have brought provisions to share with them.
(b) They all run to greet him and he feels as happy as he did at home with his family.
(c) They are all busy but he is happy to be back with them.
(d) They all are starving and irritable and he is frustrated at the thought of having no provisions.
4. Natasha enjoys going into her mother's room at bedtime to talk with her. What do they talk about?
(a) Natasha want to marry Boris but the countess is wants to se if he's serious.
(b) Natasha compares people with colors and things and the countess tells her to go to bed.
(c) They talk about Pierre and Boris and how Boris would be a good match for Natasha.
(d) They talk about Boris, marriage, and the fact that Boris would not be a good match for Natasha.
5. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
(a) He gets angry with her and tells her to leave his sight.
(b) He tells her that it is quite becoming.
(c) He pays no attention to it as he is not interested in such "feminine" things.
(d) He tells her in front of them that he does not approve of it and never to do it again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mary unsure about meeting Nicholas?
2. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
3. What happens when Natasha goes to the Bolkonski's to visit Mary and the old prince?
4. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
5. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)