|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 15, Chapters 1-8 | Part 15, Chapters 9-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andrew see in the hospital tent who is badly injured?
(b) Anatole Kuragin.
(c) Prince Bagration.
2. What does Pierre do when he goes to St. Petersburg?
(a) He returns to his former behavior of debauchery and drunkenness.
(b) He stays in reading Thomas A Kempis, and joins the Freemasons.
(c) He goes to visit Bazdeev who is ill.
(d) He stays home fuming over his recent behavior in Moscow.
3. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
(a) Pierre is a fool as she thinks Dolokhov is tiresome.
(b) She was upset that he might have been killed.
(c) She is angry that she will have to hold her head despite being embarrassed.
(d) Pierre is a fool to believe that Dolokhov was her lover, she merely likes his company
4. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
(a) He is discussing Speranski and how so much of what he did was not really useful.
(b) He is discussing Bagration and that he is extremely valuable in his position.
(c) He is discussing Kutuzov and that he has the interests of Russia foremost in his decisions.
(d) He is discussing Speranski and says that he has done more good for Russia than anyone else.
5. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(b) He's been caught with the money.
(c) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
(d) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the "King of Rome"?
2. Where do the Rostovs go after leaving Moscow?
3. After his proposal to Vera, Berg comes to visit Count Rostov about Vera's dowry. What does the Count say to him?
4. Natasha enjoys going into her mother's room at bedtime to talk with her. What do they talk about?
5. Who is Count Rostopchin?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)