|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 15, Chapters 1-8 | Part 15, Chapters 9-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Natasha goes to her first grand ball. How does it go for her?
(a) She is excited to see all the beautiful people but doesn't want to dance.
(b) At first she doesn't dance but after Andrew asks her, she dances all night.
(c) She is extremely excited and thrilled but is soon disappointed that no one asks her to dance.
(d) She finds she does not really like such large gatherings.
2. Who is the first to see the French at Ostrovna?
(a) The regimental doctor.
(d) None of these.
3. What does Kutuzov ask Andrew to do after they speak of the old prince's death?
(a) He wants to send him to act as intermediary with Arakcheev.
(b) He wants him to stay with him on the staff.
(c) He wants to send him to the frontline of battle.
(d) He wants him to go to the Tsar to explain to him Kutuzov's plans.
4. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
(a) He asks if they have seen any movement of the French and they ignore him.
(b) He asks if he may be attached to the first squadron and they ask if he is Count Ilya Rostov's son.
(c) He asks if they have seen any sign of the fog clearing, and they reply that it should clear in the morning.
(d) He asks if he may go to the front and they deny his request saying that he is needed in reserve.
5. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
(a) Nicholas wins 43,000 rubles.
(b) Nicholas wins 4,300 rubles.
(c) Dolokhov wins 800,000 Rubles.
(d) Dolokhov wins 43,000 Rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maria Dmitrievna warn Natasha against?
2. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
3. Why does Pierre leave St. Petersburg for Moscow?
4. Who pays special attention to Natasha at the opera with Maria Dmitrievna?
5. How has Natasha changed since becoming ill?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)