|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 15, Chapters 1-8 | Part 15, Chapters 9-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
(a) Nicholas wins 43,000 rubles.
(b) Nicholas wins 4,300 rubles.
(c) Dolokhov wins 43,000 Rubles.
(d) Dolokhov wins 800,000 Rubles.
2. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
(a) He wants to elevate himself and his family in Russian society.
(b) He wants Pierre to marry his daughter, Helene.
(c) He is merely doing what he thinks is the right thing; he hopes for nothing.
(d) He hopes Pierre will look upon him as his father and give him money to pay his debts.
3. When Pierre has difficulty getting on a horse to ride with a general, how does the staff react to the sight of him?
(a) They are derisive and unpleasant about his presence.
(b) They laugh at him.
(c) They are amused at his size but also impressed with the civilian who wants to see the war.
(d) They are annoyed at first but when they see his determination to continue, they are impressed.
4. Why does Nicholas go to Voronezh?
(a) To get fresh ammunition for his regiment.
(b) To get new horses for his regiment.
(c) To meet with the governor there with information from his commander.
(d) To find food and other equipment for his regiment.
5. Why does Tolstoy think Napoleon started the war with Russia?
(a) He was consumed with self-adulation and thought he would make a better nation if Russia is part of it
(b) He could not resist going to Dresden, he puts on a Polish uniform, and he frequently loses his temper.
(c) He wanted to unify Europe and since Russia close by, it became imperative to include it.
(d) He was afraid and angered by Russia allying itself with England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dance do Denisov and Natasha do at Iogel's ball?
2. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
3. Who does Andrew meet outside of Kutuzov's quarters after the French have taken Smolensk?
4. What sort of man is Rostopchin?
5. What does Kutuzov ask Andrew to do after they speak of the old prince's death?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)