|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 15, Chapters 1-8 | Part 15, Chapters 9-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pierre find about himself while walking and when being still?
(a) He finds that now he has no reason to afraid, for as Platon has said, "Suffer an hour, live for an age!"
(b) When he is marching he is afraid of the French killing a prisoner who can't keep up but when he stops, he feels more secure.
(c) He is indifferent to either and just does what he must to survive.
(d) His feet hurt, but when he marches the pain leaves.
2. Who does Rostopchin allow the mob in front of his house to kill?
(b) A factory worker.
(d) Vereshchagin's father.
3. Who is the "King of Rome"?
(a) Napoleon's son.
(b) Barclay de Tolly.
4. Natasha enjoys going into her mother's room at bedtime to talk with her. What do they talk about?
(a) Natasha compares people with colors and things and the countess tells her to go to bed.
(b) Natasha want to marry Boris but the countess is wants to se if he's serious.
(c) They talk about Boris, marriage, and the fact that Boris would not be a good match for Natasha.
(d) They talk about Pierre and Boris and how Boris would be a good match for Natasha.
5. Who does the countess first begin to talk to just before she begins to weep after Petya's death?
(a) The count.
Short Answer Questions
1. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
2. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
3. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
4. Nicholas goes to Tilsit to request a pardon for Denisov. To whom does he initially appeal and how is he received?
5. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)