|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 15, Chapters 1-8 | Part 15, Chapters 9-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the French and Russians not engage in battle after Borodino?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Five days.
(d) Five months.
2. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
(a) He is reflecting on remarks Catiche has made and an anonymous letter saying that his wife is cheating on him with Dolokhov.
(b) He is tipsy with wine and is absentmindedly staring at a candlestick.
(c) He is angry that Dolokhov, who has no connections, has been made an officer but still lives off Pierre's good will and takes his money.
(d) He is bewildered by all the things people expect of him and wishes he had not inherited such responsibility with his fortune.
3. What does Prince Andrew look at as he is driving through a forest that confirms he is feeling that his life has nothing new to offer?
(a) An oak which has not yet leafed out.
(b) Dead trees.
(c) An animal carcass.
(d) An abandoned hut.
4. After his proposal to Vera, Berg comes to visit Count Rostov about Vera's dowry. What does the Count say to him?
(a) He says he is glad Berg is direct and offers him 80,000 rubles in ready money.
(b) He brushes off the matter saying he must consult his steward.
(c) He likes Berg being business-like about it and then he offers him 20,000 rubles in ready money and a note for 80,000 rubles.
(d) He offers him 30,000 rubles in cash and 50,000 rubles as a note of hand.
5. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(b) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
(c) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
(d) She doesn't hear her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Balashev is sent to meet Napoleon with a letter from Alexander. Who does he meet before seeing Napoleon and how do the meetings go?
2. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
3. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
4. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
5. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)