|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 15, Chapters 1-8 | Part 15, Chapters 9-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dance do Denisov and Natasha do at Iogel's ball?
(a) The minuet.
(b) The mazurka.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The twist.
2. How does Kutuzov react to Lauriston's coming to see him to negotiate peace?
(a) He says he will be forever condemned by history if he negotiates peace with the French.
(b) He wants to negotiate but he knows the Tsar will remove him from his position as commander-in-chief.
(c) In a rare moment of fury, he tells Lauriston to get out and that he will never consider any sort of treaty with Napoleon.
(d) He would like to negotiate to prevent further loss of life but thinks perhaps the time is not right and wants to wait until the French are in even more difficult straits.
3. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
(a) He is shocked at Kutuzov's inattention to it and resents the lack of opportunity to state his ideas.
(b) He is consumed with fear that he may die the next day.
(c) He is bored by the discussion, wants to change the entire plan.
(d) He wanted to contribute but couldn't. He hopes to act on his own and achieve the glory he longs for.
4. Who does the countess first begin to talk to just before she begins to weep after Petya's death?
(a) The count.
5. Nicholas goes to Tilsit to request a pardon for Denisov. To whom does he initially appeal and how is he received?
(a) He goes to his general who tells him that Denisov is clearly guilty and must face the consequences.
(b) At first he asks Boris to help him through Boris' general and Boris tells him it would be better for him to apply for the pardon through his commander of the corps.
(c) He first approaches Boris who is happy to help Denisov because of Denisov's connections.
(d) He first approaches his general who says he will do all he can to help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierre do when he goes out into the streets of Moscow to find Napoleon?
2. What does Hippolyte talk about at Anna Pavlovna's soiree?
3. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
4. Who is sent to the staff quarters to inform them of the fact that the detachment sent to fight the French division encountered the entire army?
5. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)