|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 15, Chapters 1-8 | Part 15, Chapters 9-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) Napoleon Buonaparte.
(b) Emperor Francis
(c) General Mack.
(d) Prince Bagration.
2. What happens to Kutuzov after he sees the Tsar at Vilna?
(a) He goes home and writes his memoirs.
(b) He dies.
(c) He leaves Russia to retire in a sunny place.
(d) He is sent by the Tsar to act as ambassador to France.
3. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(a) Captain Tushin.
(d) Boris Drubetskoy.
4. How does Pierre react to Platon's illness when he is sitting by the birch tree?
(a) Perre is compassionate and wants to help Platon.
(b) Pierre is afraid that he will catch the fever Platon has and leaves but then he feels guilty and goes back.
(c) Pierre does not want to go near Platon.
(d) Pierre knows Platon is sick, but knows he cannot help him.
5. What happens to Petya when he goes with Dolokhov to attack the French?
(a) He is attacked by French soldiers and cut down with a saber.
(b) He is shot in the head and falls from his horse.
(c) He obeys Denisov and tries to stay back.
(d) His horse stumbles on a coal and he falls, breaking his neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the prisoner, Sokolov, who is terrified when the French start to march them all out of Moscow?
2. What does Count Rostov say to Petya when he says he wants to join the army?
3. How does Pierre react to his situation during the march out of Moscow when they stop on the first night?
4. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
5. In Tolstoy's mathematical problem, what kind of animal is Achilles trying to catch up with?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)