|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 15, Chapters 1-8 | Part 15, Chapters 9-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) He loses his regiment and wanders about looking for them.
(b) His horse falls on him, he is injured and runs away from the French coming at him.
(c) He ends up interfering with his regiment's action.
(d) He charges at the French, is attacked by them and injured severely.
2. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
(a) He and Kutuzov are good friends and he wants to greet him.
(b) He wants to ask Kutuzov for provisions.
(c) He is telling Kutuzov that he has lost to the French.
(d) He wants to tell Kutuzov that the Russians aren't needed.
3. Who joins Denisov in his guerrilla efforts?
(b) Tikhon, the Bolkonski's servant.
(d) A French deserting drummer boy.
4. What does Julie Drubetskaya gossip about as everyone is preparing to leave Moscow?
(a) The Rostovs' difficulty in selling their estate.
(b) Pierre being ridiculous.
(c) The Rostovs, namely Natasha's quick recovery.
(d) Pierre's obvious liking for Natasha
5. Who is the "King of Rome"?
(b) Napoleon's son.
(c) Barclay de Tolly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
2. Prince Andrew goes to the Rostovs' as Count Rostov is the Marshal for the district and he must see him on account of his being trustee of the Ryazan estate. How does he react to being with the Rostov's from beginning to end?
3. What happens to Mary right after her father dies?
4. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
5. Denisov commandeers provisions for his regiment. How does he justify it to the officer from whom he is taking them?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)