|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 15, Chapters 1-8 | Part 15, Chapters 9-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Pierre feeling the first few days he is in Moscow before the French arrive?
(a) He is worried about the preservation of his servants.
(b) He admires Napoleon a great deal and wants to see what the great man will do.
(c) He is curious and wants to see what will happen.
(d) He is agitated and excited almost to the point of insanity.
2. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
(a) He asks if he may go to the front and they deny his request saying that he is needed in reserve.
(b) He asks if he may be attached to the first squadron and they ask if he is Count Ilya Rostov's son.
(c) He asks if they have seen any sign of the fog clearing, and they reply that it should clear in the morning.
(d) He asks if they have seen any movement of the French and they ignore him.
3. Who is the first to see the French at Ostrovna?
(a) The regimental doctor.
(b) None of these.
4. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
(a) The need for the letter requesting Pierre's legitimacy to be found in his papers along with a new will making Pierre sole heir.
(b) Whether or not Anna should go to see the Count.
(c) That Catiche and her sisters should inherit most as they have cared for the Count.
(d) The fact that none of them want Pierre to inherit if they don't inherit from the Count.
5. Who stumbles out of the woods to join the Fifth Company before the battle of Krasnoe?
(a) Mlle. Bourienne.
(b) Tikhon, the peasant.
(c) The French corporal who had been nice to Pierre in Moscow.
(d) Ramballe, the soldier who went into Bazdeev's house, and his orderly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hippolyte talk about at Anna Pavlovna's soiree?
2. Why does Boris speed up his courting of Julie Karagina?
3. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
4. Why does Nicholas go to Voronezh?
5. According Tolstoy, what errors did Napoleon make while he was in Moscow?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)