|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 15, Chapters 1-8 | Part 15, Chapters 9-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
(a) That Bagration's orders are random and chaotic.
(b) That Bagration's orders are very well thought out.
(c) That Bagration is enthusiastic and commanding which excites the men.
(d) That although Bagration does very little and gives few commands, his presence and tact calm and encourage everyone about him.
2. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
(a) A looting officer.
(d) A cousin of the count's.
3. What news does Pierre hear from Rostopchin and his adjutant when he arrives back in Moscow after Borodino?
(a) Anatole and Andrew have been killed and Helene is planning to marry again.
(b) Anatole has had his leg amputated and Helene is leaving Russia for Europe.
(c) Anatole is dying and Helene has converted to Catholicism.
(d) Andrew is mortally wounded, and Moscow is being deserted.
4. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
(a) He doesn't want the other hunts men to hear.
(b) All of the above.
(c) He doesn't want the other hounds to hear him call to his hound.
(d) He does not want the wolf to hear him calling.
5. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
(a) He asks if he may go to the front and they deny his request saying that he is needed in reserve.
(b) He asks if they have seen any movement of the French and they ignore him.
(c) He asks if they have seen any sign of the fog clearing, and they reply that it should clear in the morning.
(d) He asks if he may be attached to the first squadron and they ask if he is Count Ilya Rostov's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boris is at a ball dancing with Helene at Vilna. Who arrives to speak with the tsar?
2. What happens with Prince Andrew during the battle at Austerlitz?
3. Who is the first to see the French at Ostrovna?
4. Who does Rostopchin allow the mob in front of his house to kill?
5. What does Pierre find about himself while walking and when being still?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)