|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 15, Chapters 1-8 | Part 15, Chapters 9-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
(a) That although Bagration does very little and gives few commands, his presence and tact calm and encourage everyone about him.
(b) That Bagration is enthusiastic and commanding which excites the men.
(c) That Bagration's orders are very well thought out.
(d) That Bagration's orders are random and chaotic.
2. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
(a) She hopes that Pierre's father is well enough to acknowledge Boris if only in his Will.
(b) She wants to ask Pierre's father to lend her money.
(c) She wants Boris to meet the Count.
(d) She wants Boris personally to thank Prince Vasili, a close relative of Pierre's father, who is also there to see the Count.
3. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
(b) A cousin of the count's.
(d) A looting officer.
4. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
(a) He is excited as he had feared Nicholas would ask him for more money but with such a large win, Nicholas will not need it.
(b) He pays no attention; he is preoccupied with a problem with his steward.
(c) He initially is agitated but regains his composure, says it will be difficult to raise the money, and leaves the room.
(d) He is pleased that Nicholas has won so much money.
5. Why is Petya forbidden by his general to take part in Denisov's action when he sends Petya with a dispatch for him?
(a) Count Rostov has requested that Petya not be in action.
(b) Petya disobeys orders and, through his recklessness, disrupts an important skirmish.
(c) Petya has disgraced himself with his generous but servile behavior with the rest of his regiment.
(d) During a previous action, instead of staying back Petya rides to the front of the line and fires a pistol twice.
Short Answer Questions
1. The French doctor, Metivier, goes to visit with the old Prince Bolkonsky. What is the result?
2. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
3. How has Pierre's huge inheritance changed him financially?
4. Who does Maria Dmitrievna warn Natasha against?
5. Who is Anna Pavlovna's guest of honor at her soiree in Part 5?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)