|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 15, Chapters 1-8 | Part 15, Chapters 9-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the French and Russians not engage in battle after Borodino?
(a) Five days.
(b) Five months.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Five weeks.
2. How does Andrew react when he sees Natasha after they leave Moscow?
(a) He is very happy to see her.
(b) He had just awoken when he sees her and is irritated and confused.
(c) He is angry that she has intruded on him.
(d) He is indifferent to her appearance.
3. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
(a) He wants her to be an educated woman who is not just schooled in the arts.
(b) He wants the order of mathematics to drive the nonsense out of her head.
(c) He wants her to continue his work on his inventions.
(d) He wants her to be brilliant.
4. Where do the Rostovs go after leaving Moscow?
(a) They go to Otradnoe.
(b) They must stay in a small town fourteen miles from Moscow.
(c) They go to an inn near Moscow.
(d) They go to a distant relation of the countess.
5. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
(a) A looting officer.
(c) A cousin of the count's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Andrew react to his evening with the Rostovs in St. Petersburg?
2. Pierre receives two letters, one from Helene and another form his mother-in-law begging for Helene to come to live with him again. What is his response?
3. Who pays special attention to Natasha at the opera with Maria Dmitrievna?
4. Who is Ilagin?
5. How does Napoleon regard Moscow before he and his troops enter the city?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)