|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 15, Chapters 1-8 | Part 15, Chapters 9-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(b) Boris Drubetskoy.
(c) Captain Tushin.
2. How has Natasha changed since becoming ill?
(a) She is her former cheerful self.
(b) She is melancholy and idle.
(c) She is serious and reflective.
(d) She is bitter and full of self loathing.
3. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
(a) He is badly wounded and unable to continue fighting.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He turns cowardly and hides in some bushes.
(d) His regiment wins their skirmish with the French.
4. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
(a) He is very upset about casualties in the Austrian army.
(b) He pays virtually no attention to anything Andrew has to say, asking only irrelevant questions.
(c) He is happy to hear news of victory.
(d) He listens to what he says, is happy, but seems to be speaking according to a script.
5. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
(a) Never marry.
(b) Marry a wealthy woman.
(c) Study etiquette and the social graces.
(d) Join the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the countess first begin to talk to just before she begins to weep after Petya's death?
2. Who assists Anatole in his abduction of Natasha?
3. Balashev is sent to meet Napoleon with a letter from Alexander. Who does he meet before seeing Napoleon and how do the meetings go?
4. Who joins Denisov in his guerrilla efforts?
5. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)