|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
(a) A portion of a fence.
(b) Soldiers set apart from a main army to guard them from surprise attack.
(c) A border between one army and another.
(d) A line of stakes set in the ground behind which artillery is positioned.
2. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
(a) He is jealous of the attention they pay to his daughter and daughter-in-law.
(b) He basically ignores them as they have interfered with his strict routine.
(c) He is delighted to see them and pleased to see what a brilliant young man Anatole is.
(d) He does not want Prince Vasili or Anatole there.
3. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
(a) He is excited as he had feared Nicholas would ask him for more money but with such a large win, Nicholas will not need it.
(b) He pays no attention; he is preoccupied with a problem with his steward.
(c) He initially is agitated but regains his composure, says it will be difficult to raise the money, and leaves the room.
(d) He is pleased that Nicholas has won so much money.
4. Natasha goes to her first grand ball. How does it go for her?
(a) At first she doesn't dance but after Andrew asks her, she dances all night.
(b) She is excited to see all the beautiful people but doesn't want to dance.
(c) She is extremely excited and thrilled but is soon disappointed that no one asks her to dance.
(d) She finds she does not really like such large gatherings.
5. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
(a) A man who bears no one any ill will but acts in his own interest when opportunity presents itself.
(b) A man who plans carefully without regard for the well being of others.
(c) A scheming man who acts with deliberate premeditation.
(d) A kindly man who is manipulated by his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
2. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
3. What happens to Mary when she is leaving Bogucharovo for Moscow?
4. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
5. Who is Ilagin?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)