|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prince Andrew look at as he is driving through a forest that confirms he is feeling that his life has nothing new to offer?
(a) Dead trees.
(b) An abandoned hut.
(c) An oak which has not yet leafed out.
(d) An animal carcass.
2. What dance do Denisov and Natasha do at Iogel's ball?
(a) The minuet.
(b) The twist.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The mazurka.
3. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
(a) He does not want the wolf to hear him calling.
(b) All of the above.
(c) He doesn't want the other hounds to hear him call to his hound.
(d) He doesn't want the other hunts men to hear.
4. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
(a) Pierre is a fool to believe that Dolokhov was her lover, she merely likes his company
(b) Pierre is a fool as she thinks Dolokhov is tiresome.
(c) She is angry that she will have to hold her head despite being embarrassed.
(d) She was upset that he might have been killed.
5. Why does Pierre leave St. Petersburg for Moscow?
(a) Prince Andrew has come back from abroad and invites Pierre to visit him in Moscow.
(b) His carousing behavior is embarrassing to Helene, so she asks him to leave.
(c) He goes there to attend to matters on his estate there.
(d) He is depressed living with Helene and goes to Moscow to get away from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
2. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
3. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
4. How has Pierre's huge inheritance changed him financially?
5. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)