|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
(a) She hopes that Pierre's father is well enough to acknowledge Boris if only in his Will.
(b) She wants Boris to meet the Count.
(c) She wants Boris personally to thank Prince Vasili, a close relative of Pierre's father, who is also there to see the Count.
(d) She wants to ask Pierre's father to lend her money.
2. How does Natasha react when Anatole tells her he is in love with her?
(a) She is overcome with delight and says nothing except that she is already engaged.
(b) She is uncomfortable at his lack of propriety, and questions how he could be in love with someone he's only just met the day before.
(c) She tells him not to say that; she is engaged and in love with another man.
(d) She is flattered and presses his hand.
3. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her great aunt.
(d) Her aunt.
4. What does Prince Andrew look at as he is driving through a forest that confirms he is feeling that his life has nothing new to offer?
(a) An oak which has not yet leafed out.
(b) An animal carcass.
(c) An abandoned hut.
(d) Dead trees.
5. Who is Anna Pavlovna's guest of honor at her soiree in Part 5?
(a) Boris Drubetskoy.
(c) Hippolyte Kuragin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Rostov say to Petya when he says he wants to join the army?
2. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
3. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
4. Who is Count Rostopchin?
5. Who is the "King of Rome"?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)