|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andrew meet outside of Kutuzov's quarters after the French have taken Smolensk?
2. Where do the Rostovs go after leaving Moscow?
(a) They go to an inn near Moscow.
(b) They go to Otradnoe.
(c) They go to a distant relation of the countess.
(d) They must stay in a small town fourteen miles from Moscow.
3. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) He loses his regiment and wanders about looking for them.
(b) He ends up interfering with his regiment's action.
(c) He charges at the French, is attacked by them and injured severely.
(d) His horse falls on him, he is injured and runs away from the French coming at him.
4. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
(a) He turns cowardly and hides in some bushes.
(b) He is badly wounded and unable to continue fighting.
(c) His regiment wins their skirmish with the French.
(d) He is killed.
5. How is Pierre feeling the first few days he is in Moscow before the French arrive?
(a) He is agitated and excited almost to the point of insanity.
(b) He is curious and wants to see what will happen.
(c) He admires Napoleon a great deal and wants to see what the great man will do.
(d) He is worried about the preservation of his servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vera and Berg hold their first party. Who comes?
2. Who does Andrew see in the hospital tent who is badly injured?
3. Who is Anna Pavlovna's guest of honor at her soiree in Part 5?
4. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
5. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)