|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
(b) He wants to keep an eye on him.
(c) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
(d) He needs an adjutant.
2. Why does Boris speed up his courting of Julie Karagina?
(a) His leave is ending and he is having trouble finding time to visit with her as he has so much to do.
(b) He is madly in love with her and sees with each visit that she is increasingly receptive to his attentions.
(c) He is madly in love with her and fears if he doesn't propose quickly, he will lose the opportunity.
(d) His mother, Anna Mikhaylovna, tells him that Prince Vasili is trying to arrange a marriage between Julie and Anatole.
3. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
(a) "Your luck is astounding."
(b) "Unlucky at cards, lucky in love."
(c) "Shall we play again tomorrow?"
(d) "You have won, but I have won something much more important!"
4. Boris is at a ball dancing with Helene at Vilna. Who arrives to speak with the tsar?
(a) Prince Bagration.
(b) None of the above.
5. How does Helene's mother react to her attempt to get divorced?
(a) She is furious as she has wanted to do the same.
(b) She is happy for her.
(c) She is upset at first but later determines that Helene is right.
(d) She is unhappy but hopes Pierre will give her a lot of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Natasha enjoys going into her mother's room at bedtime to talk with her. What do they talk about?
2. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
3. What does Bagration write to Arakcheev?
4. How does Napoleon react to Balashev when they first meet?
5. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)