|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
(a) She loves his playing the guitar and dances for them.
(b) She is unhappy with the rustic nature of Ilagin's house and wants to go home.
(c) She is weary from hunting and falls asleep.
(d) At Ilagin's insistence, she reluctantly sings while he plays guitar.
2. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) He loses his regiment and wanders about looking for them.
(b) His horse falls on him, he is injured and runs away from the French coming at him.
(c) He ends up interfering with his regiment's action.
(d) He charges at the French, is attacked by them and injured severely.
3. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
(a) He asks if they have seen any sign of the fog clearing, and they reply that it should clear in the morning.
(b) He asks if he may be attached to the first squadron and they ask if he is Count Ilya Rostov's son.
(c) He asks if they have seen any movement of the French and they ignore him.
(d) He asks if he may go to the front and they deny his request saying that he is needed in reserve.
4. What prevents Anatole from openly courting Natasha?
(a) Natasha's engagement to Prince Andrew.
(b) Anatole is already married.
(c) Marya Dmitrievna dislikes the Kuragins and tells Natasha that she will not allow them in her home.
(d) Count Rostov is very protective of his daughter.
5. Who pays special attention to Natasha at the opera with Maria Dmitrievna?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tolstoy's mathematical problem, what kind of animal is Achilles trying to catch up with?
2. Pierre goes to visit Prince Andrew at Bogucharovo. How does Andrew appear to him?
3. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
4. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
5. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)