|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Helene's mother react to her attempt to get divorced?
(a) She is upset at first but later determines that Helene is right.
(b) She is unhappy but hopes Pierre will give her a lot of money.
(c) She is happy for her.
(d) She is furious as she has wanted to do the same.
2. Natasha enjoys going into her mother's room at bedtime to talk with her. What do they talk about?
(a) They talk about Pierre and Boris and how Boris would be a good match for Natasha.
(b) They talk about Boris, marriage, and the fact that Boris would not be a good match for Natasha.
(c) Natasha compares people with colors and things and the countess tells her to go to bed.
(d) Natasha want to marry Boris but the countess is wants to se if he's serious.
3. What does Pierre reflect upon after the duel with Dolokhov?
(a) That he has, so he thinks, killed a man for a depraved woman whom he has never loved.
(b) That he is unfortunate for having so foul a temper that he would challenge someone he considers to be a good man and friend to a duel.
(c) That he hopes Helene still loves him and will have his child after all this.
(d) That he is totally to blame and he prays that Helene will forgive him for his profound error.
4. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
(c) A cousin of the count's.
(d) A looting officer.
5. What does Count Rostov say to Petya when he says he wants to join the army?
(a) He is sympathetic with his son's patriotism and goes to get a posting for him.
(b) He is embarrassed that this should cme up when they have dinner guests and flatly refuses to help him.
(c) He says that Petya is so young, his mother's milk is not yet dry on his lips.
(d) He begs him not to speak of it with the Countess as she will be very upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the old Prince Bolkonski react to Marya Dmitrievna's visit?
2. Why does Tolstoy think Napoleon started the war with Russia?
3. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
4. What does Pierre do when he goes to St. Petersburg?
5. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)