|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Boris speed up his courting of Julie Karagina?
(a) He is madly in love with her and fears if he doesn't propose quickly, he will lose the opportunity.
(b) His mother, Anna Mikhaylovna, tells him that Prince Vasili is trying to arrange a marriage between Julie and Anatole.
(c) He is madly in love with her and sees with each visit that she is increasingly receptive to his attentions.
(d) His leave is ending and he is having trouble finding time to visit with her as he has so much to do.
2. Who does Andrew meet outside of Kutuzov's quarters after the French have taken Smolensk?
3. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
(a) Sonya, Natasha, and Petya.
(b) Natasha and Petya.
(c) No one - he goes on it alone.
4. What does Count Rostov say to Petya when he says he wants to join the army?
(a) He is embarrassed that this should cme up when they have dinner guests and flatly refuses to help him.
(b) He says that Petya is so young, his mother's milk is not yet dry on his lips.
(c) He begs him not to speak of it with the Countess as she will be very upset.
(d) He is sympathetic with his son's patriotism and goes to get a posting for him.
5. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
(a) He asks if he may be attached to the first squadron and they ask if he is Count Ilya Rostov's son.
(b) He asks if they have seen any sign of the fog clearing, and they reply that it should clear in the morning.
(c) He asks if they have seen any movement of the French and they ignore him.
(d) He asks if he may go to the front and they deny his request saying that he is needed in reserve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Balashev is sent to meet Napoleon with a letter from Alexander. Who does he meet before seeing Napoleon and how do the meetings go?
2. Natasha enjoys going into her mother's room at bedtime to talk with her. What do they talk about?
3. What does Napoleon say to Balashev after dinner about Alexander?
4. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
5. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)