|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Napoleon say to Balashev after dinner about Alexander?
(a) He notes that he is sitting in the same room Alexander had been in four days before as if to indicate his (Napoleon's) superiority.
(b) All of the above.
(c) He says that he will drive all of his enemies out and that they can go to Russia.
(d) He says he doesn't understand why Alexander has surrounded himself with Napoleon's personal enemies.
2. Who pays special attention to Natasha at the opera with Maria Dmitrievna?
3. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
(a) He does not want Prince Vasili or Anatole there.
(b) He is delighted to see them and pleased to see what a brilliant young man Anatole is.
(c) He basically ignores them as they have interfered with his strict routine.
(d) He is jealous of the attention they pay to his daughter and daughter-in-law.
4. How does Pierre approach the duel with Dolokhov?
(a) He is indifferent because he is too drunk to understand the possible consequences.
(b) He is very confident that he will win as he is in the right.
(c) He has never shot a pistol before but refuses to apologize.
(d) He is so distressed at the whole thing that he hopes he's shot.
5. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
(a) He is happy that he will no longer be under his father's scrutiny and judgment.
(b) He is angry that his father has not made him legitimate.
(c) He is indifferent because his father has not made him a legitimate son.
(d) He accepts it as something that must happen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
2. When Andrew goes to visit his family at Bald Hills, he begins to tell little Nicholas the story of Bluebeard and but then stops and begins to brood over something. What is he thinking about?
3. Who does Nicholas meet with his squadron when seeking shelter at an inn from the rain?
4. After his proposal to Vera, Berg comes to visit Count Rostov about Vera's dowry. What does the Count say to him?
5. How is Pierre feeling the first few days he is in Moscow before the French arrive?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)