|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
(a) He is terrified that he may be shot and wishes he had not been given this duty.
(b) He is in a foul temper as he is cold, hungry, and is missing the comforts of home.
(c) Various disconnected thoughts as he struggles not to fall asleep.
(d) He is excited about the prospect of being in combat and perhaps distinguishing himself for the Tsar.
2. Boris goes to visit the Rostovs. What does he think of Natasha?
(a) He is struck by how pretty she is but she would not be a good match.
(b) He sees her as a bit more grown up but he only visits out of gratitude to the Rostovs.
(c) He is not interested in her because she is not witty enough.
(d) He is struck by how pretty she is and wants to propose.
3. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
(a) He writes to Napoleon requesting advice.
(b) He does nothing until the following day when he attacks.
(c) He offers a cease fire for three days so he can attack them all at once.
(d) He attacks them immediately.
4. Who is Count Rostopchin?
(a) A busybody who throws his weight around.
(b) A general under Kutuzov sent to keep order in Moscow as the French advance.
(c) The governor of Moscow.
(d) A court official appointed by Alexander to get the aristocracy out of Moscow.
5. What news does Pierre hear from Rostopchin and his adjutant when he arrives back in Moscow after Borodino?
(a) Andrew is mortally wounded, and Moscow is being deserted.
(b) Anatole is dying and Helene has converted to Catholicism.
(c) Anatole has had his leg amputated and Helene is leaving Russia for Europe.
(d) Anatole and Andrew have been killed and Helene is planning to marry again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
2. Where do the wounded soldiers go when everyone is leaving Moscow before the French arrive?
3. Pierre is shown a section of Revelations by one of his fellow Masons which corresponds with Napoleon. What does he find in reading it?
4. Who does Rostopchin allow the mob in front of his house to kill?
5. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)