|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) He charges at the French, is attacked by them and injured severely.
(b) He loses his regiment and wanders about looking for them.
(c) His horse falls on him, he is injured and runs away from the French coming at him.
(d) He ends up interfering with his regiment's action.
2. How does Andrew react to his evening with the Rostovs in St. Petersburg?
(a) He enjoys himself very much but finds them to be too provincial.
(b) He is bored by them and has little in common with them.
(c) He enjoys himself, finds them charming, and Natasha's singing moves him nearly to tears.
(d) He is neither pleased nor displeased with them and pays the call merely out of courtesy.
3. How does Helene's mother react to her attempt to get divorced?
(a) She is unhappy but hopes Pierre will give her a lot of money.
(b) She is furious as she has wanted to do the same.
(c) She is upset at first but later determines that Helene is right.
(d) She is happy for her.
4. Boris goes to visit the Rostovs. What does he think of Natasha?
(a) He is struck by how pretty she is and wants to propose.
(b) He is not interested in her because she is not witty enough.
(c) He is struck by how pretty she is but she would not be a good match.
(d) He sees her as a bit more grown up but he only visits out of gratitude to the Rostovs.
5. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
(a) He gets upset with his mother for begging him to come back to help when he knows nothing about such things.
(b) Though he comes home to offer support, he is unable to do anything.
(c) He gets upset with his father for mismanaging their estates.
(d) He goes to speak to the steward, gets very angry, and kicks him out the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Vera and Berg hold their first party. Who comes?
2. Natasha goes to her first grand ball. How does it go for her?
3. How does Natasha react when Anatole tells her he is in love with her?
4. Boris is at a ball dancing with Helene at Vilna. Who arrives to speak with the tsar?
5. Who pays special attention to Natasha at the opera with Maria Dmitrievna?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)