|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
(a) Napoleon sees him, remembers his carrying the Russian standard, and sends him to a hospital.
(b) Napoleon remembers him, so they put him on a stretcher, but steal his icon.
(c) They put him on the stretcher but then determine that he is dead and so leave him in the field.
(d) Napoleon remembers him, admires his courage, and sends him to his own doctor to be tended.
2. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
(a) She discovers Anatole in the conservatory with his arm around Mlle. Bourienne.
(b) She confides in Mlle. Bourienne that she thinks Anatole is handsome and hopes he will propose.
(c) She goes to talk with Lise, asking her what married life is like.
(d) She goes to her room weeping in the knowledge that no one will ever want to marry such a plain young woman as she.
3. Who is the first to see the French at Ostrovna?
(b) The regimental doctor.
(d) None of these.
4. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(b) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(c) He's been caught with the money.
(d) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
5. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
(a) That he is a womanizer.
(b) That he cheats at cards.
(c) That his friends are poorly chosen.
(d) That he is abusive to his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
2. What does Hippolyte talk about at Anna Pavlovna's soiree?
3. Andrew receives a letter from Bilibin. How does he react to it?
4. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
5. Who is Anna Pavlovna's guest of honor at her soiree in Part 5?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)