|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(b) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(c) The French are firing at them.
(d) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
2. Nicholas goes to Tilsit to request a pardon for Denisov. To whom does he initially appeal and how is he received?
(a) He first approaches his general who says he will do all he can to help.
(b) At first he asks Boris to help him through Boris' general and Boris tells him it would be better for him to apply for the pardon through his commander of the corps.
(c) He first approaches Boris who is happy to help Denisov because of Denisov's connections.
(d) He goes to his general who tells him that Denisov is clearly guilty and must face the consequences.
3. When Andrew goes to visit his family at Bald Hills, he begins to tell little Nicholas the story of Bluebeard and but then stops and begins to brood over something. What is he thinking about?
(a) He is thinking about how sad he is to leave Mary with his father.
(b) He is thinking about how he will find Anatole and punish him.
(c) He has no remorse for arguing with his father nor tender feeling for his son.
(d) He is thinking about Natasha after a recent conversation with Mary which makes him irritable.
4. Who arrives at the Rostov's home in Moscow after they have left?
(a) A cousin of the count's.
(c) A looting officer.
5. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
(a) "Your luck is astounding."
(b) "You have won, but I have won something much more important!"
(c) "Shall we play again tomorrow?"
(d) "Unlucky at cards, lucky in love."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pierre go the day after his duel?
2. Who is Anna Pavlovna's guest of honor at her soiree in Part 5?
3. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
4. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
5. Andrew goes to visit Pierre the night after the Bergs party. What does he discuss with him?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)