|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pierre receives two letters, one from Helene and another form his mother-in-law begging for Helene to come to live with him again. What is his response?
(a) He tells them both that he does not want her to come back.
(b) He tells them that this is exactly what he has been hoping for but has been too ashamed to ask.
(c) He reluctantly agrees.
(d) He does not respond, but Helene moves back any way.
2. After his proposal to Vera, Berg comes to visit Count Rostov about Vera's dowry. What does the Count say to him?
(a) He brushes off the matter saying he must consult his steward.
(b) He likes Berg being business-like about it and then he offers him 20,000 rubles in ready money and a note for 80,000 rubles.
(c) He says he is glad Berg is direct and offers him 80,000 rubles in ready money.
(d) He offers him 30,000 rubles in cash and 50,000 rubles as a note of hand.
3. Where does Pierre go the day after his duel?
(a) He goes to his estates in Kiev.
(b) He leaves for St. Petersburg.
(c) He goes to visit Prince Andrew at Bogucharovo.
(d) He goes home and stays in isolation for a week.
4. How does Napoleon regard Moscow before he and his troops enter the city?
(a) He is amazed at how crude and unlike European cities it is and wants to raze it and make it like a European city.
(b) He regards it with deference but is determined to alter as many of its architectural flaws as possible.
(c) He is struck by its strange beauty and unique architecture and wants to give its people a good government.
(d) He looks upon it as a unique city but does not care if its barbaric architecture is saved or preserved.
5. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
(a) He goes to deliver it , hears the Tsar has been wounded, but later finds him alone in the middle of a field unhurt.
(b) He goes to deliver it, hears the Tsar has been killed, and rides back to find his squadron.
(c) He delivers it to the Tsar who recognizes him and asks Nicholas what the state of battle is.
(d) He hears that the Tsar has been killed so he goes to deliver it to Kutuzov.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
2. Who is the "King of Rome"?
3. Nicholas goes to Tilsit to request a pardon for Denisov. To whom does he initially appeal and how is he received?
4. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
5. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)