|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to see the French at Ostrovna?
(c) None of these.
(d) The regimental doctor.
2. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
(a) He wants her to be brilliant.
(b) He wants her to be an educated woman who is not just schooled in the arts.
(c) He wants the order of mathematics to drive the nonsense out of her head.
(d) He wants her to continue his work on his inventions.
3. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
(a) He writes to Napoleon requesting advice.
(b) He attacks them immediately.
(c) He does nothing until the following day when he attacks.
(d) He offers a cease fire for three days so he can attack them all at once.
4. What does Prince Andrew look at as he is driving through a forest that confirms he is feeling that his life has nothing new to offer?
(a) An animal carcass.
(b) An abandoned hut.
(c) An oak which has not yet leafed out.
(d) Dead trees.
5. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(b) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
(c) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
(d) She doesn't hear her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
2. After the battle at Borodino, where does Pierre stay the night?
3. How does Napoleon react to Balashev when they first meet?
4. Nichols has returned to his regiment. How does the regiment respond to his arrival and how does he react?
5. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)