|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
(a) He hears that the Tsar has been killed so he goes to deliver it to Kutuzov.
(b) He goes to deliver it , hears the Tsar has been wounded, but later finds him alone in the middle of a field unhurt.
(c) He delivers it to the Tsar who recognizes him and asks Nicholas what the state of battle is.
(d) He goes to deliver it, hears the Tsar has been killed, and rides back to find his squadron.
2. Andrew goes to visit Pierre the night after the Bergs party. What does he discuss with him?
(a) His love for Natasha.
(b) He had noticed Pierre's overall melancholy and wants to help him.
(c) His distress that the reforms he is drawing up are slow in materializing.
(d) He is considering going abroad to take a cure and wants to know if Pierre thinks it's a good idea.
3. What does Bagration write to Arakcheev?
(a) He wants to change the chain of command so that he is not subordinate to Barclay.
(b) He wants Arakcheev to appoint a minister other than Barclay de Tolly.
(c) He is apprising him of what is going on in the campaign.
(d) He requests that Arakcheev moves him from under Barclay de Tollys' command even if he is only to command a regiment.
4. When Pierre has difficulty getting on a horse to ride with a general, how does the staff react to the sight of him?
(a) They are amused at his size but also impressed with the civilian who wants to see the war.
(b) They are annoyed at first but when they see his determination to continue, they are impressed.
(c) They laugh at him.
(d) They are derisive and unpleasant about his presence.
5. Boris is at a ball dancing with Helene at Vilna. Who arrives to speak with the tsar?
(b) Prince Bagration.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
2. How long did the French and Russians not engage in battle after Borodino?
3. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
4. Who are Princess Mary's "God's Folk"?
5. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)