|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
(a) He hears that the Tsar has been killed so he goes to deliver it to Kutuzov.
(b) He goes to deliver it , hears the Tsar has been wounded, but later finds him alone in the middle of a field unhurt.
(c) He goes to deliver it, hears the Tsar has been killed, and rides back to find his squadron.
(d) He delivers it to the Tsar who recognizes him and asks Nicholas what the state of battle is.
2. What prevents Anatole from openly courting Natasha?
(a) Count Rostov is very protective of his daughter.
(b) Anatole is already married.
(c) Marya Dmitrievna dislikes the Kuragins and tells Natasha that she will not allow them in her home.
(d) Natasha's engagement to Prince Andrew.
3. Nichols has returned to his regiment. How does the regiment respond to his arrival and how does he react?
(a) They all are starving and irritable and he is frustrated at the thought of having no provisions.
(b) They are all busy but he is happy to be back with them.
(c) They all run to greet him and he feels as happy as he did at home with his family.
(d) They are all starving and he is happy to have brought provisions to share with them.
4. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
(a) Andrew knows they will drink too much and associate with badly behaved women.
(b) It is after one o'clock in the morning.
(c) He likes to control the docile Pierre.
(d) He is jealous of Pierre's friends and their fun.
5. What engrosses Pierre after the duel?
(a) Why did he challenge Dolokhov and violate his wife's trust in him?
(b) Why did he challenge Dolokhov over such a silly thing as taking a paper from him?
(c) Why did he challenge Dolokhov when he is such a good friend to Pierre?
(d) What is bad or good?; What should one love or hate?; What does one live for?; What are life and death?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
2. When Andrew goes to visit his family at Bald Hills, he begins to tell little Nicholas the story of Bluebeard and but then stops and begins to brood over something. What is he thinking about?
3. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
4. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
5. Andrew goes to visit Pierre the night after the Bergs party. What does he discuss with him?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)