|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ilagin?
(a) The Rostovs' uncle who lives near Otradnoe.
(b) A distant relative and neighbor of the Rostov's at Otradnoe.
(c) The Rostovs' steward who works at Otradnoe.
(d) A close family friend of the Rostov's who has a neighboring estate near Otradnoe.
2. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
(a) That he is a womanizer.
(b) That his friends are poorly chosen.
(c) That he cheats at cards.
(d) That he is abusive to his father.
3. How has Natasha changed since becoming ill?
(a) She is serious and reflective.
(b) She is her former cheerful self.
(c) She is melancholy and idle.
(d) She is bitter and full of self loathing.
4. How does Natasha react when Anatole tells her he is in love with her?
(a) She is uncomfortable at his lack of propriety, and questions how he could be in love with someone he's only just met the day before.
(b) She tells him not to say that; she is engaged and in love with another man.
(c) She is overcome with delight and says nothing except that she is already engaged.
(d) She is flattered and presses his hand.
5. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
(a) The fact that none of them want Pierre to inherit if they don't inherit from the Count.
(b) Whether or not Anna should go to see the Count.
(c) That Catiche and her sisters should inherit most as they have cared for the Count.
(d) The need for the letter requesting Pierre's legitimacy to be found in his papers along with a new will making Pierre sole heir.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pierre feeling the first few days he is in Moscow before the French arrive?
2. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
3. Nicholas goes to Tilsit to request a pardon for Denisov. To whom does he initially appeal and how is he received?
4. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
5. Who does Maria Dmitrievna warn Natasha against?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)