|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tolstoy think Napoleon started the war with Russia?
(a) He was afraid and angered by Russia allying itself with England.
(b) He wanted to unify Europe and since Russia close by, it became imperative to include it.
(c) He was consumed with self-adulation and thought he would make a better nation if Russia is part of it
(d) He could not resist going to Dresden, he puts on a Polish uniform, and he frequently loses his temper.
2. Who is Ilagin?
(a) The Rostovs' steward who works at Otradnoe.
(b) A distant relative and neighbor of the Rostov's at Otradnoe.
(c) The Rostovs' uncle who lives near Otradnoe.
(d) A close family friend of the Rostov's who has a neighboring estate near Otradnoe.
3. What does Bagration write to Arakcheev?
(a) He requests that Arakcheev moves him from under Barclay de Tollys' command even if he is only to command a regiment.
(b) He wants Arakcheev to appoint a minister other than Barclay de Tolly.
(c) He is apprising him of what is going on in the campaign.
(d) He wants to change the chain of command so that he is not subordinate to Barclay.
4. How do the French react to the ringing of bells when they enter Moscow?
(a) They are joyful at such a pleasant sound thinking that the Russians are welcoming them.
(b) They are confused and wonder what the bells mean.
(c) They are pleased to hear them and think that services are still being held even though the city has been conquered.
(d) They are disturbed because they do not know the bells are ringing for vespers.
5. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
(a) She hopes that Pierre's father is well enough to acknowledge Boris if only in his Will.
(b) She wants Boris personally to thank Prince Vasili, a close relative of Pierre's father, who is also there to see the Count.
(c) She wants Boris to meet the Count.
(d) She wants to ask Pierre's father to lend her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
2. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
3. Why does Boris speed up his courting of Julie Karagina?
4. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
5. Nicholas goes home on leave. How does he react to Sonya?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)