|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 11, Chapters 25-29 | Part 11, Chapters 30-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Rostovs go after leaving Moscow?
(a) They go to an inn near Moscow.
(b) They go to a distant relation of the countess.
(c) They go to Otradnoe.
(d) They must stay in a small town fourteen miles from Moscow.
2. Balashev is sent to meet Napoleon with a letter from Alexander. Who does he meet before seeing Napoleon and how do the meetings go?
(a) He is met by Murat who is very pleasant with him and takes him to meet Napoleon.
(b) He is met by Davout immediately but Davout is bored by him, thinks he has more pressing matters and makes him wait to see Napoleon.
(c) He is first met by Murat who is very cordial with him. Then he meets with Davout who extremely rude to him and makes him wait.
(d) He is met by Napoleon's adjutants who are extremely rude to him, and put him in a broken down shed to await Napoleon's arrival.
3. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
(b) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(c) She doesn't hear her.
(d) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
4. Where do the wounded soldiers go when everyone is leaving Moscow before the French arrive?
(a) Most go out of the city but a few go into the Rostovs' yard.
(b) They are all leaving Moscow as quickly as they can.
(c) They ask to rest in the yards of the people leaving Moscow.
(d) They go to a hospital.
5. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
(a) He tells her that it is quite becoming.
(b) He tells her in front of them that he does not approve of it and never to do it again.
(c) He gets angry with her and tells her to leave his sight.
(d) He pays no attention to it as he is not interested in such "feminine" things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nichols has returned to his regiment. How does the regiment respond to his arrival and how does he react?
2. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
3. What does Napoleon say to Balashev after dinner about Alexander?
4. After his proposal to Vera, Berg comes to visit Count Rostov about Vera's dowry. What does the Count say to him?
5. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)