|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Natasha receives a letter. What does it say and who is it from?
(a) It is from Anatole declaring his love for her and saying that he has two choices: to be loved by her or to die.
(b) It is from Anatole asking if Natasha will meet him secretly later in the evening.
(c) It is from Pierre warning her not to trust Anatole.
(d) It is from Prince Andrew saying that he is about to return to Russia, and he has decided to marry her as soon as he returns.
2. Princess Mary wishes to speak to Andrew before he leaves about a specific request. What is it?
(a) She wants him to help her get away from their father.
(b) She wants him to carry an icon around his neck to protect him in battle.
(c) She asks him to accept Mlle. Bourienne as her friend.
(d) She asks him to forgive his wife.
3. How does Natasha react when Anatole tells her he is in love with her?
(a) She is uncomfortable at his lack of propriety, and questions how he could be in love with someone he's only just met the day before.
(b) She is overcome with delight and says nothing except that she is already engaged.
(c) She is flattered and presses his hand.
(d) She tells him not to say that; she is engaged and in love with another man.
4. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
(b) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(c) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(d) He's been caught with the money.
5. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(a) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
(c) General Schmidt.
(d) The Emperor Francis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
2. What engrosses Pierre after the duel?
3. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
4. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
5. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)