|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Andrew react to his evening with the Rostovs in St. Petersburg?
(a) He enjoys himself very much but finds them to be too provincial.
(b) He enjoys himself, finds them charming, and Natasha's singing moves him nearly to tears.
(c) He is neither pleased nor displeased with them and pays the call merely out of courtesy.
(d) He is bored by them and has little in common with them.
2. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
(a) He is happy that he will no longer be under his father's scrutiny and judgment.
(b) He accepts it as something that must happen.
(c) He is indifferent because his father has not made him a legitimate son.
(d) He is angry that his father has not made him legitimate.
3. What happens to Mary when she is leaving Bogucharovo for Moscow?
(a) The peasants on the land whom Andrew has freed refuse to let her leave.
(b) The peasants on the land riot, destroy her carts and keep her and Mlle. Bourienne confined to the house.
(c) The French enter the home and prevent her from leaving.
(d) Mlle. Bourienne persuades Mary to stay at Bogucharovo but the peasants do not want them there.
4. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
(a) That Catiche and her sisters should inherit most as they have cared for the Count.
(b) The need for the letter requesting Pierre's legitimacy to be found in his papers along with a new will making Pierre sole heir.
(c) Whether or not Anna should go to see the Count.
(d) The fact that none of them want Pierre to inherit if they don't inherit from the Count.
5. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
(a) Dolokhov wins 800,000 Rubles.
(b) Dolokhov wins 43,000 Rubles.
(c) Nicholas wins 43,000 rubles.
(d) Nicholas wins 4,300 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
2. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
3. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
4. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
5. How does Natasha react when Anatole tells her he is in love with her?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)