|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
(a) She is regarded as ugly and not particularly pleasant, but rich.
(b) She is regarded as very wealthy but very plain.
(c) She is regarded as extremely intelligent and socially adept.
(d) She is regarded as very beautiful which makes up for her moderate fortune.
2. Boris goes to visit the Rostovs. What does he think of Natasha?
(a) He is struck by how pretty she is and wants to propose.
(b) He is struck by how pretty she is but she would not be a good match.
(c) He sees her as a bit more grown up but he only visits out of gratitude to the Rostovs.
(d) He is not interested in her because she is not witty enough.
3. What does Napoleon say to Balashev after dinner about Alexander?
(a) All of the above.
(b) He notes that he is sitting in the same room Alexander had been in four days before as if to indicate his (Napoleon's) superiority.
(c) He says he doesn't understand why Alexander has surrounded himself with Napoleon's personal enemies.
(d) He says that he will drive all of his enemies out and that they can go to Russia.
4. Who is Anna Pavlovna's guest of honor at her soiree in Part 5?
(a) Hippolyte Kuragin.
(d) Boris Drubetskoy.
5. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
(a) Andrew knows they will drink too much and associate with badly behaved women.
(b) He likes to control the docile Pierre.
(c) It is after one o'clock in the morning.
(d) He is jealous of Pierre's friends and their fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
2. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
3. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
4. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
5. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)