|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
(a) He does not want the wolf to hear him calling.
(b) All of the above.
(c) He doesn't want the other hunts men to hear.
(d) He doesn't want the other hounds to hear him call to his hound.
2. How does Napoleon react to Balashev when they first meet?
(a) He is at first extremely polite but then he tells Balashev that he will take Russia.
(b) He is extremely rude to him and says that his coming is pointless as Napoleon will take Russia to unify Europe.
(c) He questions him with hostility on the changes in demands that Alexander has made.
(d) He says that the war with Russia was forced by Russia's alliance with England.
3. After Andrew leaves to join the army a second time, what does the old Prince Bolkonski say to Mary before showing her Andrew's second letter?
(a) He asks her if she is happy that she has made he and Andrew quarrel, that he is old and weak, and hurt by the situation.
(b) He tells her that he is angry with her for interfering between him and Mlle. Bourienne.
(c) He tells her that Andrew has written to him about the approach of the French to Smolensk.
(d) He tells her that Andrew has written to say the French are in Smolensk and that they should go to Bogucharovo.
4. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
(a) That Bagration is enthusiastic and commanding which excites the men.
(b) That Bagration's orders are random and chaotic.
(c) That Bagration's orders are very well thought out.
(d) That although Bagration does very little and gives few commands, his presence and tact calm and encourage everyone about him.
5. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
(a) He is excited as he had feared Nicholas would ask him for more money but with such a large win, Nicholas will not need it.
(b) He initially is agitated but regains his composure, says it will be difficult to raise the money, and leaves the room.
(c) He pays no attention; he is preoccupied with a problem with his steward.
(d) He is pleased that Nicholas has won so much money.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
2. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
3. How has Natasha changed since becoming ill?
4. How does Pierre approach the duel with Dolokhov?
5. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)