|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mary right after her father dies?
(a) The French enter the home and prevent her from leaving.
(b) The peasants on the land riot and keep her and Mlle. Bourienne confined to the house.
(c) The peasants on the land whom Andrew has freed refuse to let her leave for Moscow.
(d) Mlle. Bourienne persuades Mary to stay at Bogucharovo, but the peasants do not want them there.
2. What does Napoleon say to Balashev after dinner about Alexander?
(a) He says that he will drive all of his enemies out and that they can go to Russia.
(b) He notes that he is sitting in the same room Alexander had been in four days before as if to indicate his (Napoleon's) superiority.
(c) He says he doesn't understand why Alexander has surrounded himself with Napoleon's personal enemies.
(d) All of the above.
3. After his proposal to Vera, Berg comes to visit Count Rostov about Vera's dowry. What does the Count say to him?
(a) He brushes off the matter saying he must consult his steward.
(b) He likes Berg being business-like about it and then he offers him 20,000 rubles in ready money and a note for 80,000 rubles.
(c) He says he is glad Berg is direct and offers him 80,000 rubles in ready money.
(d) He offers him 30,000 rubles in cash and 50,000 rubles as a note of hand.
4. Natasha enjoys going into her mother's room at bedtime to talk with her. What do they talk about?
(a) Natasha compares people with colors and things and the countess tells her to go to bed.
(b) Natasha want to marry Boris but the countess is wants to se if he's serious.
(c) They talk about Boris, marriage, and the fact that Boris would not be a good match for Natasha.
(d) They talk about Pierre and Boris and how Boris would be a good match for Natasha.
5. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
(a) He is discussing Bagration and that he is extremely valuable in his position.
(b) He is discussing Speranski and says that he has done more good for Russia than anyone else.
(c) He is discussing Speranski and how so much of what he did was not really useful.
(d) He is discussing Kutuzov and that he has the interests of Russia foremost in his decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
2. Who is Count Rostopchin?
3. What dance do Denisov and Natasha do at Iogel's ball?
4. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
5. What does Bagration write to Arakcheev?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)