|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
(b) No one - he goes on it alone.
(c) Natasha and Petya.
(d) Sonya, Natasha, and Petya.
2. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
(a) He is in awe of him and feels he would do anything for him.
(b) He is happy to see him but is fearful about the coming action.
(c) He is unhappy that the Tsar has involved Russia in this war which does not concern them.
(d) He is struck by how young the Tsar is and wonders if he is up to his position.
3. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
(a) He is badly wounded and unable to continue fighting.
(b) He is killed.
(c) His regiment wins their skirmish with the French.
(d) He turns cowardly and hides in some bushes.
4. The French doctor, Metivier, goes to visit with the old Prince Bolkonsky. What is the result?
(a) The old prince is delighted at his coming and spends the entire evening talking mostly to him.
(b) The old prince becomes quite friendly with him but then gets upset when he pays attention to Mlle. Bourienne.
(c) As it is the old Prince's name day, he has so many visitors that he is unaware of his presence.
(d) The old prince becomes convinced that he is a spy and makes him leave.
5. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
(a) He is discussing Speranski and how so much of what he did was not really useful.
(b) He is discussing Speranski and says that he has done more good for Russia than anyone else.
(c) He is discussing Kutuzov and that he has the interests of Russia foremost in his decisions.
(d) He is discussing Bagration and that he is extremely valuable in his position.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boris goes to visit the Rostovs. What does he think of Natasha?
2. What does Pierre do when he goes to St. Petersburg?
3. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
4. What does Prince Andrew look at as he is driving through a forest that confirms he is feeling that his life has nothing new to offer?
5. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)