|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mary when she is leaving Bogucharovo for Moscow?
(a) The French enter the home and prevent her from leaving.
(b) The peasants on the land riot, destroy her carts and keep her and Mlle. Bourienne confined to the house.
(c) Mlle. Bourienne persuades Mary to stay at Bogucharovo but the peasants do not want them there.
(d) The peasants on the land whom Andrew has freed refuse to let her leave.
2. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
(a) He is asleep because he's had a lot of wine.
(b) He can't hear anything Nicholas says because of the wind.
(c) He says, "Yes, I am happy for you but I shall just be happy to get out of the cold, my dear fellow."
(d) He is very excited to be meeting the family of his good friend.
3. Princess Mary wishes to speak to Andrew before he leaves about a specific request. What is it?
(a) She wants him to carry an icon around his neck to protect him in battle.
(b) She asks him to accept Mlle. Bourienne as her friend.
(c) She wants him to help her get away from their father.
(d) She asks him to forgive his wife.
4. What does Pierre do when he goes to St. Petersburg?
(a) He stays in reading Thomas A Kempis, and joins the Freemasons.
(b) He returns to his former behavior of debauchery and drunkenness.
(c) He stays home fuming over his recent behavior in Moscow.
(d) He goes to visit Bazdeev who is ill.
5. Who is Count Rostopchin?
(a) The governor of Moscow.
(b) A court official appointed by Alexander to get the aristocracy out of Moscow.
(c) A busybody who throws his weight around.
(d) A general under Kutuzov sent to keep order in Moscow as the French advance.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
2. What does Pierre reflect upon after the duel with Dolokhov?
3. How does Pierre approach the duel with Dolokhov?
4. What happens with Prince Andrew during the battle at Austerlitz?
5. Who joins Nicholas for the wolf hunt?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)