|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
(a) He can't hear anything Nicholas says because of the wind.
(b) He says, "Yes, I am happy for you but I shall just be happy to get out of the cold, my dear fellow."
(c) He is very excited to be meeting the family of his good friend.
(d) He is asleep because he's had a lot of wine.
2. Who is the first to see the French at Ostrovna?
(a) None of these.
(c) The regimental doctor.
3. Who does Nicholas meet with his squadron when seeking shelter at an inn from the rain?
(a) A pretty young woman who flirts with all the soldiers.
(b) The regimental doctor and his pretty wife.
(d) An aunt of Princess Mary's.
4. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
(b) Anna's relative.
(c) Prince Vasili.
(d) Prince Andrew.
5. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
(b) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(c) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
(d) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna insist on taking Pierre to visit his father just before he dies?
2. How does Natasha behave at Ilagin's?
3. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
4. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
5. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)