|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hippolyte talk about at Anna Pavlovna's soiree?
(a) He says nothing as he is painfully shy.
(b) He wittily discusses the action at Austerlitz.
(c) He says, "Le Roi de Prusse!", laughs, and repeats himself; it is a joke but a pretty poor one.
(d) He argues with Boris about the brilliance of Napoleon.
2. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
(a) Pierre is a fool as she thinks Dolokhov is tiresome.
(b) She is angry that she will have to hold her head despite being embarrassed.
(c) Pierre is a fool to believe that Dolokhov was her lover, she merely likes his company
(d) She was upset that he might have been killed.
3. How does Nicholas handle his family's financial problems?
(a) Though he comes home to offer support, he is unable to do anything.
(b) He gets upset with his mother for begging him to come back to help when he knows nothing about such things.
(c) He gets upset with his father for mismanaging their estates.
(d) He goes to speak to the steward, gets very angry, and kicks him out the door.
4. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
(a) Nicholas wins 43,000 rubles.
(b) Nicholas wins 4,300 rubles.
(c) Dolokhov wins 43,000 Rubles.
(d) Dolokhov wins 800,000 Rubles.
5. Who does Maria Dmitrievna warn Natasha against?
(a) the old Prince.
(b) Princess Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas goes to Tilsit to request a pardon for Denisov. To whom does he initially appeal and how is he received?
2. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
3. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
4. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
5. Princess Mary wishes to speak to Andrew before he leaves about a specific request. What is it?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)