|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vera and Berg hold their first party. Who comes?
(a) The Count and Countess Rostov, the Bezukhovs, Berg's colonel, and Boris.
(b) Pierre, the Rostovs, and Berg's superior officers.
(c) The Bezukhovs, Boris, some of Berg's military connections and the Rostovs.
(d) Pierre, the Rostovs, Boris, a general, a colonel, Andrew, and some others.
2. What does Hippolyte talk about at Anna Pavlovna's soiree?
(a) He argues with Boris about the brilliance of Napoleon.
(b) He wittily discusses the action at Austerlitz.
(c) He says nothing as he is painfully shy.
(d) He says, "Le Roi de Prusse!", laughs, and repeats himself; it is a joke but a pretty poor one.
3. How does the old Prince Bolkonski react to Marya Dmitrievna's visit?
(a) He is unexpectedly very pleasant, but tells her he will not change his mind about Andrew's wedding.
(b) He shouts at her.
(c) He is out discussing political reform at the time.
(d) He loudly refuses to see her.
4. Who assists Anatole in his abduction of Natasha?
(a) No one.
(b) Dolokhov and Helene.
5. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(a) Captain Tushin.
(d) Boris Drubetskoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Balashev is sent to meet Napoleon with a letter from Alexander. Who does he meet before seeing Napoleon and how do the meetings go?
2. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
3. What happens when Natasha goes to the Bolkonski's to visit Mary and the old prince?
4. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
5. How does Pierre approach the duel with Dolokhov?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)