|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What engrosses Pierre after the duel?
(a) Why did he challenge Dolokhov and violate his wife's trust in him?
(b) Why did he challenge Dolokhov when he is such a good friend to Pierre?
(c) What is bad or good?; What should one love or hate?; What does one live for?; What are life and death?
(d) Why did he challenge Dolokhov over such a silly thing as taking a paper from him?
2. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
(a) He is excited as he had feared Nicholas would ask him for more money but with such a large win, Nicholas will not need it.
(b) He initially is agitated but regains his composure, says it will be difficult to raise the money, and leaves the room.
(c) He pays no attention; he is preoccupied with a problem with his steward.
(d) He is pleased that Nicholas has won so much money.
3. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(a) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
(b) The Emperor Francis.
(c) General Schmidt.
4. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
(b) He wants to keep an eye on him.
(c) He needs an adjutant.
(d) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
5. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) He ends up interfering with his regiment's action.
(b) He loses his regiment and wanders about looking for them.
(c) His horse falls on him, he is injured and runs away from the French coming at him.
(d) He charges at the French, is attacked by them and injured severely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
2. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
3. Pierre is shown a section of Revelations by one of his fellow Masons which corresponds with Napoleon. What does he find in reading it?
4. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
5. Andrew receives a letter from Bilibin. How does he react to it?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)