|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly after Natasha's recovery from her illness, why does Pierre decide not to visit with the Rostovs anymore?
(a) He realizes that he is in love with Natasha and is made uncomfortable by her attentions to him.
(b) He becomes occupied in joining the army and cannot spend time with them.
(c) Countess Rostova tells him that Natasha is only happy when he is around.
(d) He is angry of Natasha's continued love for Andrew when Andrew refuses to forgive her.
2. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
(a) He wants her to continue his work on his inventions.
(b) He wants her to be an educated woman who is not just schooled in the arts.
(c) He wants her to be brilliant.
(d) He wants the order of mathematics to drive the nonsense out of her head.
3. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) Prince Bagration.
(b) Napoleon Buonaparte.
(c) Emperor Francis
(d) General Mack.
4. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
(a) He is delighted to see them and pleased to see what a brilliant young man Anatole is.
(b) He basically ignores them as they have interfered with his strict routine.
(c) He does not want Prince Vasili or Anatole there.
(d) He is jealous of the attention they pay to his daughter and daughter-in-law.
5. Where does Pierre go the day after his duel?
(a) He leaves for St. Petersburg.
(b) He goes to his estates in Kiev.
(c) He goes home and stays in isolation for a week.
(d) He goes to visit Prince Andrew at Bogucharovo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
2. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
3. What happens when Natasha goes to the Bolkonski's to visit Mary and the old prince?
4. Nichols has returned to his regiment. How does the regiment respond to his arrival and how does he react?
5. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)