|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
(a) He is filled with remorse by the look on her face.
(b) He is more concerned with the birth of a son.
(c) He is overcome with love for her and their son.
(d) He is filled with overwhelming love for her and for their child but is still unable to express it.
2. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(b) She doesn't hear her.
(c) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
(d) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
3. How has Pierre's huge inheritance changed him financially?
(a) He is thrilled at having so much money that he has a huge surplus each month.
(b) He does not really pay attention to the fact that he is continually losing money.
(c) He wishes he had never inherited the money, as life was much simpler before.
(d) He notices that although he has more money than before, he often has to pay so much out that he must borrow in order to fulfill his obligations.
4. What happens when Natasha goes to the Bolkonski's to visit Mary and the old prince?
(a) Mary immediately dislikes her, while the prince refuses to see her.
(b) Mlle Bourienne greets her and says regretfully that the prince is indisposed and Mary is not at home.
(c) Mlle Bourienne greets her but is rude to her knowing that the old prince does not favor the engagement. Mary is very welcoming.
(d) Mary meets her and is delighted with how fashionable and charming she is.
5. The French doctor, Metivier, goes to visit with the old Prince Bolkonsky. What is the result?
(a) The old prince becomes convinced that he is a spy and makes him leave.
(b) The old prince becomes quite friendly with him but then gets upset when he pays attention to Mlle. Bourienne.
(c) As it is the old Prince's name day, he has so many visitors that he is unaware of his presence.
(d) The old prince is delighted at his coming and spends the entire evening talking mostly to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boris is at a ball dancing with Helene at Vilna. Who arrives to speak with the tsar?
2. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
3. What makes Nicholas decide to return home on leave?
4. What happens to Mary right after her father dies?
5. When Andrew goes to visit his family at Bald Hills, he begins to tell little Nicholas the story of Bluebeard and but then stops and begins to brood over something. What is he thinking about?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)