|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the old Prince Bolkonski react to Marya Dmitrievna's visit?
(a) He is unexpectedly very pleasant, but tells her he will not change his mind about Andrew's wedding.
(b) He loudly refuses to see her.
(c) He shouts at her.
(d) He is out discussing political reform at the time.
2. What does Count Rostov say to Petya when he says he wants to join the army?
(a) He says that Petya is so young, his mother's milk is not yet dry on his lips.
(b) He is sympathetic with his son's patriotism and goes to get a posting for him.
(c) He begs him not to speak of it with the Countess as she will be very upset.
(d) He is embarrassed that this should cme up when they have dinner guests and flatly refuses to help him.
3. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
(a) He writes to Napoleon requesting advice.
(b) He attacks them immediately.
(c) He offers a cease fire for three days so he can attack them all at once.
(d) He does nothing until the following day when he attacks.
4. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
(a) That he is a womanizer.
(b) That his friends are poorly chosen.
(c) That he is abusive to his father.
(d) That he cheats at cards.
5. Nichols has returned to his regiment. How does the regiment respond to his arrival and how does he react?
(a) They are all starving and he is happy to have brought provisions to share with them.
(b) They all run to greet him and he feels as happy as he did at home with his family.
(c) They all are starving and irritable and he is frustrated at the thought of having no provisions.
(d) They are all busy but he is happy to be back with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Natasha react when Anatole tells her he is in love with her?
2. Who is Ilagin?
3. How does Napoleon react to Balashev when they first meet?
4. Denisov commandeers provisions for his regiment. How does he justify it to the officer from whom he is taking them?
5. What does Bagration write to Arakcheev?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)