|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
(a) He does not want the wolf to hear him calling.
(b) He doesn't want the other hounds to hear him call to his hound.
(c) All of the above.
(d) He doesn't want the other hunts men to hear.
2. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
(a) He wanted to contribute but couldn't. He hopes to act on his own and achieve the glory he longs for.
(b) He is consumed with fear that he may die the next day.
(c) He is shocked at Kutuzov's inattention to it and resents the lack of opportunity to state his ideas.
(d) He is bored by the discussion, wants to change the entire plan.
3. Pierre receives two letters, one from Helene and another form his mother-in-law begging for Helene to come to live with him again. What is his response?
(a) He tells them both that he does not want her to come back.
(b) He does not respond, but Helene moves back any way.
(c) He tells them that this is exactly what he has been hoping for but has been too ashamed to ask.
(d) He reluctantly agrees.
4. How does Napoleon react to Balashev when they first meet?
(a) He says that the war with Russia was forced by Russia's alliance with England.
(b) He questions him with hostility on the changes in demands that Alexander has made.
(c) He is extremely rude to him and says that his coming is pointless as Napoleon will take Russia to unify Europe.
(d) He is at first extremely polite but then he tells Balashev that he will take Russia.
5. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
(a) He is filled with remorse by the look on her face.
(b) He is overcome with love for her and their son.
(c) He is filled with overwhelming love for her and for their child but is still unable to express it.
(d) He is more concerned with the birth of a son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
2. Who is Ilagin?
3. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
4. After his proposal to Vera, Berg comes to visit Count Rostov about Vera's dowry. What does the Count say to him?
5. Andrew goes to visit Pierre the night after the Bergs party. What does he discuss with him?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)