|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
(a) He is angry that Dolokhov, who has no connections, has been made an officer but still lives off Pierre's good will and takes his money.
(b) He is tipsy with wine and is absentmindedly staring at a candlestick.
(c) He is reflecting on remarks Catiche has made and an anonymous letter saying that his wife is cheating on him with Dolokhov.
(d) He is bewildered by all the things people expect of him and wishes he had not inherited such responsibility with his fortune.
2. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(b) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(c) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(d) The French are firing at them.
3. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
(a) He is terrified that he may be shot and wishes he had not been given this duty.
(b) Various disconnected thoughts as he struggles not to fall asleep.
(c) He is excited about the prospect of being in combat and perhaps distinguishing himself for the Tsar.
(d) He is in a foul temper as he is cold, hungry, and is missing the comforts of home.
4. How does Andrew react to his evening with the Rostovs in St. Petersburg?
(a) He is bored by them and has little in common with them.
(b) He enjoys himself very much but finds them to be too provincial.
(c) He is neither pleased nor displeased with them and pays the call merely out of courtesy.
(d) He enjoys himself, finds them charming, and Natasha's singing moves him nearly to tears.
5. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
(a) He offers a cease fire for three days so he can attack them all at once.
(b) He does nothing until the following day when he attacks.
(c) He attacks them immediately.
(d) He writes to Napoleon requesting advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
2. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
3. Pierre goes to visit Prince Andrew at Bogucharovo. How does Andrew appear to him?
4. Why does Nicholas need to whisper to his wolf hound?
5. Andrew goes to visit Pierre the night after the Bergs party. What does he discuss with him?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)