|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maria Dmitrievna warn Natasha against?
(b) Princess Mary.
(c) the old Prince.
2. What does Pierre reflect upon after the duel with Dolokhov?
(a) That he is totally to blame and he prays that Helene will forgive him for his profound error.
(b) That he hopes Helene still loves him and will have his child after all this.
(c) That he is unfortunate for having so foul a temper that he would challenge someone he considers to be a good man and friend to a duel.
(d) That he has, so he thinks, killed a man for a depraved woman whom he has never loved.
3. How does Andrew react to his evening with the Rostovs in St. Petersburg?
(a) He enjoys himself, finds them charming, and Natasha's singing moves him nearly to tears.
(b) He is bored by them and has little in common with them.
(c) He enjoys himself very much but finds them to be too provincial.
(d) He is neither pleased nor displeased with them and pays the call merely out of courtesy.
4. Who is Ilagin?
(a) A distant relative and neighbor of the Rostov's at Otradnoe.
(b) The Rostovs' steward who works at Otradnoe.
(c) The Rostovs' uncle who lives near Otradnoe.
(d) A close family friend of the Rostov's who has a neighboring estate near Otradnoe.
5. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
(a) He is happy to hear news of victory.
(b) He pays virtually no attention to anything Andrew has to say, asking only irrelevant questions.
(c) He is very upset about casualties in the Austrian army.
(d) He listens to what he says, is happy, but seems to be speaking according to a script.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alpatych meet when he goes to Smolensk?
2. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
3. Who is Count Rostopchin?
4. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
5. Andrew receives a letter from Bilibin. How does he react to it?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)