|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
(a) He is excited as he had feared Nicholas would ask him for more money but with such a large win, Nicholas will not need it.
(b) He initially is agitated but regains his composure, says it will be difficult to raise the money, and leaves the room.
(c) He is pleased that Nicholas has won so much money.
(d) He pays no attention; he is preoccupied with a problem with his steward.
2. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
(a) He is shocked at Kutuzov's inattention to it and resents the lack of opportunity to state his ideas.
(b) He wanted to contribute but couldn't. He hopes to act on his own and achieve the glory he longs for.
(c) He is consumed with fear that he may die the next day.
(d) He is bored by the discussion, wants to change the entire plan.
3. Who does Dolokhov propose to?
(d) Helene Bezukhova.
4. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(b) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(c) He's been caught with the money.
(d) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
5. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(b) Captain Tushin.
(d) Boris Drubetskoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
2. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
3. What dance do Denisov and Natasha do at Iogel's ball?
4. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
5. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)