|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna insist on taking Pierre to visit his father just before he dies?
(a) She wants to be sure that Pierre is his father's sole heir, and if she helps him, he will help Boris.
(b) She wants to meet Prince Vasili and ingratiate herself to him again.
(c) She is an interfering woman.
(d) She is bored at the Rostovs' dinner.
2. With great enthusiasm, Pierre has become a Freemason. What does he write in his diary regarding his pursuit of a more pure life?
(a) He struggles to be a good Freemason but still finds the other Freemasons to be better.
(b) He reads the scriptures and goes about his days but slips back into his old habits.
(c) He wakes, reads the scriptures, and finds new ways of benefitting his fellow man.
(d) He wakes progressively later after drinking and eating to excess, and does nothing.
3. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
(a) He returns to Kutuzov.
(b) He goes to Moscow.
(c) He goes to find the French.
(d) He returns home.
4. Who does Nicholas meet with his squadron when seeking shelter at an inn from the rain?
(a) A pretty young woman who flirts with all the soldiers.
(b) The regimental doctor and his pretty wife.
(d) An aunt of Princess Mary's.
5. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
(a) Marry a wealthy woman.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Never marry.
(d) Study etiquette and the social graces.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
2. When Pierre goes to see Andrew after his return from his cure, who is Andrew talking about and what does he say before and immediately after their greeting?
3. Who does Maria Dmitrievna warn Natasha against?
4. What does Pierre reflect upon after the duel with Dolokhov?
5. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)