|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
(a) Study etiquette and the social graces.
(b) Marry a wealthy woman.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Never marry.
2. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
(b) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
(c) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(d) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
3. Nichols has returned to his regiment. How does the regiment respond to his arrival and how does he react?
(a) They are all starving and he is happy to have brought provisions to share with them.
(b) They all are starving and irritable and he is frustrated at the thought of having no provisions.
(c) They are all busy but he is happy to be back with them.
(d) They all run to greet him and he feels as happy as he did at home with his family.
4. Pierre goes to visit Prince Andrew at Bogucharovo. How does Andrew appear to him?
(a) Angry and hostile to everyone.
(b) Irritated that Pierre has come by unannounced.
(c) Bored and disinterested in Pierre's appearance.
(d) Thinner, paler, and his eyes are lifeless.
5. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
(b) Prince Andrew.
(c) Anna's relative.
(d) Prince Vasili.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
2. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
3. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
4. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
5. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)