|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
(a) Greed and envy and generosity and patience.
(b) Illness and remorse and kindness and health.
(c) Pride and gluttony and humility and temperance.
(d) Idleness and superstition and activity and intelligence.
2. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(a) The Emperor Francis.
(b) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
(d) General Schmidt.
3. Nicholas goes to Tilsit to request a pardon for Denisov. To whom does he initially appeal and how is he received?
(a) He goes to his general who tells him that Denisov is clearly guilty and must face the consequences.
(b) At first he asks Boris to help him through Boris' general and Boris tells him it would be better for him to apply for the pardon through his commander of the corps.
(c) He first approaches his general who says he will do all he can to help.
(d) He first approaches Boris who is happy to help Denisov because of Denisov's connections.
4. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
(a) She goes to her room weeping in the knowledge that no one will ever want to marry such a plain young woman as she.
(b) She goes to talk with Lise, asking her what married life is like.
(c) She confides in Mlle. Bourienne that she thinks Anatole is handsome and hopes he will propose.
(d) She discovers Anatole in the conservatory with his arm around Mlle. Bourienne.
5. What engrosses Pierre after the duel?
(a) Why did he challenge Dolokhov when he is such a good friend to Pierre?
(b) What is bad or good?; What should one love or hate?; What does one live for?; What are life and death?
(c) Why did he challenge Dolokhov and violate his wife's trust in him?
(d) Why did he challenge Dolokhov over such a silly thing as taking a paper from him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
2. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
3. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
4. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
5. Pierre receives two letters, one from Helene and another form his mother-in-law begging for Helene to come to live with him again. What is his response?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)