|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
(a) He goes out and celebrates.
(b) Nicholas goes to find the thief and catches him spending some of it.
(c) He follows Denisov's command to do nothing about it.
(d) He follows the man who stole it and beats him senseless for such outrageous behavior.
2. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(b) Captain Tushin.
(d) Boris Drubetskoy.
3. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
(a) He is overcome with love for her and their son.
(b) He is more concerned with the birth of a son.
(c) He is filled with overwhelming love for her and for their child but is still unable to express it.
(d) He is filled with remorse by the look on her face.
4. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
(a) She wants to ask Pierre's father to lend her money.
(b) She hopes that Pierre's father is well enough to acknowledge Boris if only in his Will.
(c) She wants Boris to meet the Count.
(d) She wants Boris personally to thank Prince Vasili, a close relative of Pierre's father, who is also there to see the Count.
5. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
(a) He is unhappy that the Tsar has involved Russia in this war which does not concern them.
(b) He is in awe of him and feels he would do anything for him.
(c) He is happy to see him but is fearful about the coming action.
(d) He is struck by how young the Tsar is and wonders if he is up to his position.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prince Andrew goes to the Rostovs' as Count Rostov is the Marshal for the district and he must see him on account of his being trustee of the Ryazan estate. How does he react to being with the Rostov's from beginning to end?
2. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
3. Andrew receives a letter from Bilibin. How does he react to it?
4. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
5. What does Pierre reflect upon after the duel with Dolokhov?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)