|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What engrosses Pierre after the duel?
(a) What is bad or good?; What should one love or hate?; What does one live for?; What are life and death?
(b) Why did he challenge Dolokhov over such a silly thing as taking a paper from him?
(c) Why did he challenge Dolokhov when he is such a good friend to Pierre?
(d) Why did he challenge Dolokhov and violate his wife's trust in him?
2. Who is Anna Pavlovna's guest of honor at her soiree in Part 5?
(a) Hippolyte Kuragin.
(b) Boris Drubetskoy.
3. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(c) Boris Drubetskoy.
(d) Captain Tushin.
4. What does Prince Andrew look at as he is driving through a forest that confirms he is feeling that his life has nothing new to offer?
(a) An abandoned hut.
(b) Dead trees.
(c) An animal carcass.
(d) An oak which has not yet leafed out.
5. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
(a) He pays no attention; he is preoccupied with a problem with his steward.
(b) He initially is agitated but regains his composure, says it will be difficult to raise the money, and leaves the room.
(c) He is pleased that Nicholas has won so much money.
(d) He is excited as he had feared Nicholas would ask him for more money but with such a large win, Nicholas will not need it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dolokhov propose to?
2. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
3. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
4. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
5. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)