|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
(a) He offers a cease fire for three days so he can attack them all at once.
(b) He writes to Napoleon requesting advice.
(c) He attacks them immediately.
(d) He does nothing until the following day when he attacks.
2. Natasha enjoys going into her mother's room at bedtime to talk with her. What do they talk about?
(a) Natasha compares people with colors and things and the countess tells her to go to bed.
(b) They talk about Boris, marriage, and the fact that Boris would not be a good match for Natasha.
(c) Natasha want to marry Boris but the countess is wants to se if he's serious.
(d) They talk about Pierre and Boris and how Boris would be a good match for Natasha.
3. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
(a) He wants Pierre to marry his daughter, Helene.
(b) He wants to elevate himself and his family in Russian society.
(c) He is merely doing what he thinks is the right thing; he hopes for nothing.
(d) He hopes Pierre will look upon him as his father and give him money to pay his debts.
4. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
(a) He is very excited to be meeting the family of his good friend.
(b) He says, "Yes, I am happy for you but I shall just be happy to get out of the cold, my dear fellow."
(c) He can't hear anything Nicholas says because of the wind.
(d) He is asleep because he's had a lot of wine.
5. With great enthusiasm, Pierre has become a Freemason. What does he write in his diary regarding his pursuit of a more pure life?
(a) He reads the scriptures and goes about his days but slips back into his old habits.
(b) He struggles to be a good Freemason but still finds the other Freemasons to be better.
(c) He wakes, reads the scriptures, and finds new ways of benefitting his fellow man.
(d) He wakes progressively later after drinking and eating to excess, and does nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
2. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
3. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
4. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
5. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)