|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
(a) She was upset that he might have been killed.
(b) Pierre is a fool as she thinks Dolokhov is tiresome.
(c) She is angry that she will have to hold her head despite being embarrassed.
(d) Pierre is a fool to believe that Dolokhov was her lover, she merely likes his company
2. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
(a) It is after one o'clock in the morning.
(b) He is jealous of Pierre's friends and their fun.
(c) Andrew knows they will drink too much and associate with badly behaved women.
(d) He likes to control the docile Pierre.
3. Pierre receives two letters, one from Helene and another form his mother-in-law begging for Helene to come to live with him again. What is his response?
(a) He reluctantly agrees.
(b) He does not respond, but Helene moves back any way.
(c) He tells them that this is exactly what he has been hoping for but has been too ashamed to ask.
(d) He tells them both that he does not want her to come back.
4. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
(b) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(c) She doesn't hear her.
(d) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
5. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) Prince Bagration.
(b) General Mack.
(c) Emperor Francis
(d) Napoleon Buonaparte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prince Andrew look at as he is driving through a forest that confirms he is feeling that his life has nothing new to offer?
2. Pierre goes to visit Prince Andrew at Bogucharovo. How does Andrew appear to him?
3. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
4. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
5. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)