|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
(a) Napoleon remembers him, so they put him on a stretcher, but steal his icon.
(b) Napoleon remembers him, admires his courage, and sends him to his own doctor to be tended.
(c) Napoleon sees him, remembers his carrying the Russian standard, and sends him to a hospital.
(d) They put him on the stretcher but then determine that he is dead and so leave him in the field.
2. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
(a) She's waiting for Nicholas to follow Sonya so that she can see what they do.
(b) She waits for Boris to follow her.
(c) She isn't waiting; she is merely hiding from her friends.
(d) She's waiting for the guests to leave.
3. How does Pierre approach the duel with Dolokhov?
(a) He has never shot a pistol before but refuses to apologize.
(b) He is indifferent because he is too drunk to understand the possible consequences.
(c) He is so distressed at the whole thing that he hopes he's shot.
(d) He is very confident that he will win as he is in the right.
4. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
(b) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
(c) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(d) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
5. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
(a) A scheming man who acts with deliberate premeditation.
(b) A man who bears no one any ill will but acts in his own interest when opportunity presents itself.
(c) A man who plans carefully without regard for the well being of others.
(d) A kindly man who is manipulated by his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anna Pavlovna's guest of honor at her soiree in Part 5?
2. What happens with Prince Andrew during the battle at Austerlitz?
3. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
4. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
5. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)