|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prince Andrew look at as he is driving through a forest that confirms he is feeling that his life has nothing new to offer?
(a) An oak which has not yet leafed out.
(b) An abandoned hut.
(c) An animal carcass.
(d) Dead trees.
2. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
(a) She's waiting for Nicholas to follow Sonya so that she can see what they do.
(b) She waits for Boris to follow her.
(c) She isn't waiting; she is merely hiding from her friends.
(d) She's waiting for the guests to leave.
3. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
(b) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
(c) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
(d) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
4. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
(a) He is angry that Dolokhov, who has no connections, has been made an officer but still lives off Pierre's good will and takes his money.
(b) He is tipsy with wine and is absentmindedly staring at a candlestick.
(c) He is bewildered by all the things people expect of him and wishes he had not inherited such responsibility with his fortune.
(d) He is reflecting on remarks Catiche has made and an anonymous letter saying that his wife is cheating on him with Dolokhov.
5. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
(a) That although Bagration does very little and gives few commands, his presence and tact calm and encourage everyone about him.
(b) That Bagration's orders are random and chaotic.
(c) That Bagration's orders are very well thought out.
(d) That Bagration is enthusiastic and commanding which excites the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
2. Nicholas goes to Tilsit to request a pardon for Denisov. To whom does he initially appeal and how is he received?
3. Denisov commandeers provisions for his regiment. How does he justify it to the officer from whom he is taking them?
4. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
5. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)