|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
(a) Nicholas wins 43,000 rubles.
(b) Dolokhov wins 43,000 Rubles.
(c) Dolokhov wins 800,000 Rubles.
(d) Nicholas wins 4,300 rubles.
2. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
(a) Pride and gluttony and humility and temperance.
(b) Greed and envy and generosity and patience.
(c) Idleness and superstition and activity and intelligence.
(d) Illness and remorse and kindness and health.
3. Nicholas goes to Tilsit to request a pardon for Denisov. To whom does he initially appeal and how is he received?
(a) He first approaches his general who says he will do all he can to help.
(b) At first he asks Boris to help him through Boris' general and Boris tells him it would be better for him to apply for the pardon through his commander of the corps.
(c) He first approaches Boris who is happy to help Denisov because of Denisov's connections.
(d) He goes to his general who tells him that Denisov is clearly guilty and must face the consequences.
4. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
(a) Napoleon remembers him, admires his courage, and sends him to his own doctor to be tended.
(b) They put him on the stretcher but then determine that he is dead and so leave him in the field.
(c) Napoleon sees him, remembers his carrying the Russian standard, and sends him to a hospital.
(d) Napoleon remembers him, so they put him on a stretcher, but steal his icon.
5. Denisov commandeers provisions for his regiment. How does he justify it to the officer from whom he is taking them?
(a) His soldiers must ride all day which is hard work while they only must march slowly.
(b) The infantry are near a town where they can buy food while the Pavlograd hussars' regiment is stationed away from any towns.His soldiers must ride all day which is hard work while they only must march slowly.
(c) His soldiers have not had provisions for two weeks while the officer complains that his infantrymen have not had provisions for two days.
(d) He does not try to justify anything; he slaps the officer and takes the food yelling that he is not "wobbing" anyone!
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
2. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
3. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
4. What engrosses Pierre after the duel?
5. Nichols has returned to his regiment. How does the regiment respond to his arrival and how does he react?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)