|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
(a) She hopes that Pierre's father is well enough to acknowledge Boris if only in his Will.
(b) She wants Boris personally to thank Prince Vasili, a close relative of Pierre's father, who is also there to see the Count.
(c) She wants to ask Pierre's father to lend her money.
(d) She wants Boris to meet the Count.
2. Who does Dolokhov propose to?
(b) Helene Bezukhova.
3. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
(a) She goes to talk with Lise, asking her what married life is like.
(b) She discovers Anatole in the conservatory with his arm around Mlle. Bourienne.
(c) She confides in Mlle. Bourienne that she thinks Anatole is handsome and hopes he will propose.
(d) She goes to her room weeping in the knowledge that no one will ever want to marry such a plain young woman as she.
4. What does Pierre reflect upon after the duel with Dolokhov?
(a) That he is totally to blame and he prays that Helene will forgive him for his profound error.
(b) That he has, so he thinks, killed a man for a depraved woman whom he has never loved.
(c) That he is unfortunate for having so foul a temper that he would challenge someone he considers to be a good man and friend to a duel.
(d) That he hopes Helene still loves him and will have his child after all this.
5. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
(a) It is the name day of the Countess and her daughter, Natasha.
(b) It is the old Count's birthday.
(c) It is Oktoberfest.
(d) It is Natasha's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
2. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
3. With great enthusiasm, Pierre has become a Freemason. What does he write in his diary regarding his pursuit of a more pure life?
4. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
5. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)