|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
(a) Dolokhov wins 800,000 Rubles.
(b) Nicholas wins 4,300 rubles.
(c) Dolokhov wins 43,000 Rubles.
(d) Nicholas wins 43,000 rubles.
2. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
(a) She is known as a former great beauty.
(b) She is known as a woman of wealth and rank.
(c) She is known as a woman of good sense and unadorned speech.
(d) She is known for her horrible temper.
3. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(b) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
(c) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
(d) She doesn't hear her.
4. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
(a) He says, "Yes, I am happy for you but I shall just be happy to get out of the cold, my dear fellow."
(b) He is asleep because he's had a lot of wine.
(c) He can't hear anything Nicholas says because of the wind.
(d) He is very excited to be meeting the family of his good friend.
5. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
(a) He follows Denisov's command to do nothing about it.
(b) He goes out and celebrates.
(c) Nicholas goes to find the thief and catches him spending some of it.
(d) He follows the man who stole it and beats him senseless for such outrageous behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
2. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
3. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
4. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
5. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)