|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
(b) She doesn't hear her.
(c) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(d) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
2. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) Emperor Francis
(b) Prince Bagration.
(c) General Mack.
(d) Napoleon Buonaparte.
3. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
(a) She is known as a woman of good sense and unadorned speech.
(b) She is known for her horrible temper.
(c) She is known as a woman of wealth and rank.
(d) She is known as a former great beauty.
4. What dance do Denisov and Natasha do at Iogel's ball?
(a) The minuet.
(b) The mazurka.
(c) The twist.
(d) The waltz.
5. How has Pierre's huge inheritance changed him financially?
(a) He notices that although he has more money than before, he often has to pay so much out that he must borrow in order to fulfill his obligations.
(b) He is thrilled at having so much money that he has a huge surplus each month.
(c) He wishes he had never inherited the money, as life was much simpler before.
(d) He does not really pay attention to the fact that he is continually losing money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
2. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
3. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
4. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
5. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)