|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Princess Mary wishes to speak to Andrew before he leaves about a specific request. What is it?
(a) She asks him to accept Mlle. Bourienne as her friend.
(b) She asks him to forgive his wife.
(c) She wants him to carry an icon around his neck to protect him in battle.
(d) She wants him to help her get away from their father.
2. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He needs an adjutant.
(b) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
(c) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
(d) He wants to keep an eye on him.
3. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
(a) He wants Pierre to marry his daughter, Helene.
(b) He is merely doing what he thinks is the right thing; he hopes for nothing.
(c) He wants to elevate himself and his family in Russian society.
(d) He hopes Pierre will look upon him as his father and give him money to pay his debts.
4. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
(a) She waits for Boris to follow her.
(b) She's waiting for Nicholas to follow Sonya so that she can see what they do.
(c) She's waiting for the guests to leave.
(d) She isn't waiting; she is merely hiding from her friends.
5. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
(a) He is indifferent because his father has not made him a legitimate son.
(b) He accepts it as something that must happen.
(c) He is angry that his father has not made him legitimate.
(d) He is happy that he will no longer be under his father's scrutiny and judgment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
2. What does Hippolyte talk about at Anna Pavlovna's soiree?
3. How does Pierre approach the duel with Dolokhov?
4. Who does Dolokhov propose to?
5. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)