|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What engrosses Pierre after the duel?
(a) Why did he challenge Dolokhov and violate his wife's trust in him?
(b) Why did he challenge Dolokhov over such a silly thing as taking a paper from him?
(c) Why did he challenge Dolokhov when he is such a good friend to Pierre?
(d) What is bad or good?; What should one love or hate?; What does one live for?; What are life and death?
2. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(b) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(c) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
(d) He's been caught with the money.
3. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
(a) That Bagration's orders are random and chaotic.
(b) That Bagration's orders are very well thought out.
(c) That although Bagration does very little and gives few commands, his presence and tact calm and encourage everyone about him.
(d) That Bagration is enthusiastic and commanding which excites the men.
4. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
(a) He says, "Yes, I am happy for you but I shall just be happy to get out of the cold, my dear fellow."
(b) He is asleep because he's had a lot of wine.
(c) He is very excited to be meeting the family of his good friend.
(d) He can't hear anything Nicholas says because of the wind.
5. Pierre goes to visit Prince Andrew at Bogucharovo. How does Andrew appear to him?
(a) Thinner, paler, and his eyes are lifeless.
(b) Irritated that Pierre has come by unannounced.
(c) Angry and hostile to everyone.
(d) Bored and disinterested in Pierre's appearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pierre receives two letters, one from Helene and another form his mother-in-law begging for Helene to come to live with him again. What is his response?
2. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
3. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
4. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
5. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)