|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
(a) Pride and gluttony and humility and temperance.
(b) Greed and envy and generosity and patience.
(c) Illness and remorse and kindness and health.
(d) Idleness and superstition and activity and intelligence.
2. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
(a) He wants to tell Kutuzov that the Russians aren't needed.
(b) He and Kutuzov are good friends and he wants to greet him.
(c) He wants to ask Kutuzov for provisions.
(d) He is telling Kutuzov that he has lost to the French.
3. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) He loses his regiment and wanders about looking for them.
(b) He ends up interfering with his regiment's action.
(c) His horse falls on him, he is injured and runs away from the French coming at him.
(d) He charges at the French, is attacked by them and injured severely.
4. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
(a) Prince Andrew.
(c) Prince Vasili.
(d) Anna's relative.
5. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
(a) He is excited about the prospect of being in combat and perhaps distinguishing himself for the Tsar.
(b) Various disconnected thoughts as he struggles not to fall asleep.
(c) He is terrified that he may be shot and wishes he had not been given this duty.
(d) He is in a foul temper as he is cold, hungry, and is missing the comforts of home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
2. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
3. What engrosses Pierre after the duel?
4. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
5. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)