|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(b) The Emperor Francis.
(c) General Schmidt.
(d) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
2. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
(a) Andrew knows they will drink too much and associate with badly behaved women.
(b) He likes to control the docile Pierre.
(c) He is jealous of Pierre's friends and their fun.
(d) It is after one o'clock in the morning.
3. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
(a) He is in awe of him and feels he would do anything for him.
(b) He is struck by how young the Tsar is and wonders if he is up to his position.
(c) He is happy to see him but is fearful about the coming action.
(d) He is unhappy that the Tsar has involved Russia in this war which does not concern them.
4. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(b) The French are firing at them.
(c) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(d) They all want to get across to get their tea.
5. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
(a) She wants Boris personally to thank Prince Vasili, a close relative of Pierre's father, who is also there to see the Count.
(b) She hopes that Pierre's father is well enough to acknowledge Boris if only in his Will.
(c) She wants to ask Pierre's father to lend her money.
(d) She wants Boris to meet the Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Pierre's huge inheritance changed him financially?
2. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
3. What does Pierre reflect upon after the duel with Dolokhov?
4. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
5. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)