|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(a) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
(b) The Emperor Francis.
(c) General Schmidt.
2. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
(a) He is excited as he had feared Nicholas would ask him for more money but with such a large win, Nicholas will not need it.
(b) He is pleased that Nicholas has won so much money.
(c) He pays no attention; he is preoccupied with a problem with his steward.
(d) He initially is agitated but regains his composure, says it will be difficult to raise the money, and leaves the room.
3. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
(a) He returns home.
(b) He goes to find the French.
(c) He returns to Kutuzov.
(d) He goes to Moscow.
4. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
(a) "Shall we play again tomorrow?"
(b) "You have won, but I have won something much more important!"
(c) "Your luck is astounding."
(d) "Unlucky at cards, lucky in love."
5. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
(a) Nicholas goes to find the thief and catches him spending some of it.
(b) He follows the man who stole it and beats him senseless for such outrageous behavior.
(c) He goes out and celebrates.
(d) He follows Denisov's command to do nothing about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prince Andrew goes to the Rostovs' as Count Rostov is the Marshal for the district and he must see him on account of his being trustee of the Ryazan estate. How does he react to being with the Rostov's from beginning to end?
2. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
3. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
4. What does Pierre reflect upon after the duel with Dolokhov?
5. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)