|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
(a) The need for the letter requesting Pierre's legitimacy to be found in his papers along with a new will making Pierre sole heir.
(b) The fact that none of them want Pierre to inherit if they don't inherit from the Count.
(c) That Catiche and her sisters should inherit most as they have cared for the Count.
(d) Whether or not Anna should go to see the Count.
2. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
(a) Prince Andrew.
(c) Anna's relative.
(d) Prince Vasili.
3. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
(a) She is known as a former great beauty.
(b) She is known as a woman of good sense and unadorned speech.
(c) She is known as a woman of wealth and rank.
(d) She is known for her horrible temper.
4. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
(b) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
(c) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
(d) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
5. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
(a) He is excited about the prospect of being in combat and perhaps distinguishing himself for the Tsar.
(b) He is in a foul temper as he is cold, hungry, and is missing the comforts of home.
(c) Various disconnected thoughts as he struggles not to fall asleep.
(d) He is terrified that he may be shot and wishes he had not been given this duty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
2. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
3. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
4. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
5. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)