|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
(a) He is bored by the discussion, wants to change the entire plan.
(b) He wanted to contribute but couldn't. He hopes to act on his own and achieve the glory he longs for.
(c) He is consumed with fear that he may die the next day.
(d) He is shocked at Kutuzov's inattention to it and resents the lack of opportunity to state his ideas.
2. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
(a) He is jealous of Pierre's friends and their fun.
(b) He likes to control the docile Pierre.
(c) Andrew knows they will drink too much and associate with badly behaved women.
(d) It is after one o'clock in the morning.
3. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(a) The Emperor Francis.
(b) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
(d) General Schmidt.
4. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
(a) She is regarded as very wealthy but very plain.
(b) She is regarded as very beautiful which makes up for her moderate fortune.
(c) She is regarded as ugly and not particularly pleasant, but rich.
(d) She is regarded as extremely intelligent and socially adept.
5. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
(a) He hears that the Tsar has been killed so he goes to deliver it to Kutuzov.
(b) He delivers it to the Tsar who recognizes him and asks Nicholas what the state of battle is.
(c) He goes to deliver it, hears the Tsar has been killed, and rides back to find his squadron.
(d) He goes to deliver it , hears the Tsar has been wounded, but later finds him alone in the middle of a field unhurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
2. Denisov commandeers provisions for his regiment. How does he justify it to the officer from whom he is taking them?
3. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
4. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
5. Boris goes to visit the Rostovs. What does he think of Natasha?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)