|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
(a) Illness and remorse and kindness and health.
(b) Greed and envy and generosity and patience.
(c) Idleness and superstition and activity and intelligence.
(d) Pride and gluttony and humility and temperance.
2. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) The French are firing at them.
(b) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(c) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(d) They all want to get across to get their tea.
3. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
(a) He is merely doing what he thinks is the right thing; he hopes for nothing.
(b) He wants to elevate himself and his family in Russian society.
(c) He wants Pierre to marry his daughter, Helene.
(d) He hopes Pierre will look upon him as his father and give him money to pay his debts.
4. Nicholas goes to Tilsit to request a pardon for Denisov. To whom does he initially appeal and how is he received?
(a) He first approaches Boris who is happy to help Denisov because of Denisov's connections.
(b) He first approaches his general who says he will do all he can to help.
(c) He goes to his general who tells him that Denisov is clearly guilty and must face the consequences.
(d) At first he asks Boris to help him through Boris' general and Boris tells him it would be better for him to apply for the pardon through his commander of the corps.
5. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
(a) She is known as a woman of wealth and rank.
(b) She is known as a woman of good sense and unadorned speech.
(c) She is known as a former great beauty.
(d) She is known for her horrible temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Princess Mary's "God's Folk"?
2. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
3. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
4. Natasha enjoys going into her mother's room at bedtime to talk with her. What do they talk about?
5. What does Pierre do when he goes to St. Petersburg?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)