|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
(a) He is bored by the discussion, wants to change the entire plan.
(b) He is shocked at Kutuzov's inattention to it and resents the lack of opportunity to state his ideas.
(c) He wanted to contribute but couldn't. He hopes to act on his own and achieve the glory he longs for.
(d) He is consumed with fear that he may die the next day.
2. What does Pierre reflect upon after the duel with Dolokhov?
(a) That he hopes Helene still loves him and will have his child after all this.
(b) That he has, so he thinks, killed a man for a depraved woman whom he has never loved.
(c) That he is totally to blame and he prays that Helene will forgive him for his profound error.
(d) That he is unfortunate for having so foul a temper that he would challenge someone he considers to be a good man and friend to a duel.
3. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
(a) He is very upset about casualties in the Austrian army.
(b) He is happy to hear news of victory.
(c) He pays virtually no attention to anything Andrew has to say, asking only irrelevant questions.
(d) He listens to what he says, is happy, but seems to be speaking according to a script.
4. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
(a) He is asleep because he's had a lot of wine.
(b) He is very excited to be meeting the family of his good friend.
(c) He can't hear anything Nicholas says because of the wind.
(d) He says, "Yes, I am happy for you but I shall just be happy to get out of the cold, my dear fellow."
5. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
(a) He pays no attention to it as he is not interested in such "feminine" things.
(b) He tells her that it is quite becoming.
(c) He tells her in front of them that he does not approve of it and never to do it again.
(d) He gets angry with her and tells her to leave his sight.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
2. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
3. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
4. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
5. Natasha enjoys going into her mother's room at bedtime to talk with her. What do they talk about?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)