|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Denisov commandeers provisions for his regiment. How does he justify it to the officer from whom he is taking them?
(a) The infantry are near a town where they can buy food while the Pavlograd hussars' regiment is stationed away from any towns.His soldiers must ride all day which is hard work while they only must march slowly.
(b) His soldiers must ride all day which is hard work while they only must march slowly.
(c) He does not try to justify anything; he slaps the officer and takes the food yelling that he is not "wobbing" anyone!
(d) His soldiers have not had provisions for two weeks while the officer complains that his infantrymen have not had provisions for two days.
2. How does Pierre approach the duel with Dolokhov?
(a) He is so distressed at the whole thing that he hopes he's shot.
(b) He is very confident that he will win as he is in the right.
(c) He is indifferent because he is too drunk to understand the possible consequences.
(d) He has never shot a pistol before but refuses to apologize.
3. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
(a) He begins to weep because they don't have it to spare.
(b) He asks their steward to bring 700 rubles.
(c) He ignores her and walks away.
(d) He gets furious and calls her a spendthrift.
4. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
(a) He is reflecting on remarks Catiche has made and an anonymous letter saying that his wife is cheating on him with Dolokhov.
(b) He is angry that Dolokhov, who has no connections, has been made an officer but still lives off Pierre's good will and takes his money.
(c) He is tipsy with wine and is absentmindedly staring at a candlestick.
(d) He is bewildered by all the things people expect of him and wishes he had not inherited such responsibility with his fortune.
5. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
(b) She doesn't hear her.
(c) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
(d) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
2. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
3. Natasha enjoys going into her mother's room at bedtime to talk with her. What do they talk about?
4. What happens with Prince Andrew during the battle at Austerlitz?
5. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)