|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
(a) That although Bagration does very little and gives few commands, his presence and tact calm and encourage everyone about him.
(b) That Bagration's orders are very well thought out.
(c) That Bagration is enthusiastic and commanding which excites the men.
(d) That Bagration's orders are random and chaotic.
2. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
(a) He is indifferent because his father has not made him a legitimate son.
(b) He accepts it as something that must happen.
(c) He is happy that he will no longer be under his father's scrutiny and judgment.
(d) He is angry that his father has not made him legitimate.
3. How has Pierre's huge inheritance changed him financially?
(a) He wishes he had never inherited the money, as life was much simpler before.
(b) He is thrilled at having so much money that he has a huge surplus each month.
(c) He notices that although he has more money than before, he often has to pay so much out that he must borrow in order to fulfill his obligations.
(d) He does not really pay attention to the fact that he is continually losing money.
4. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
(a) He wants to tell Kutuzov that the Russians aren't needed.
(b) He and Kutuzov are good friends and he wants to greet him.
(c) He is telling Kutuzov that he has lost to the French.
(d) He wants to ask Kutuzov for provisions.
5. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
(a) Napoleon remembers him, admires his courage, and sends him to his own doctor to be tended.
(b) Napoleon sees him, remembers his carrying the Russian standard, and sends him to a hospital.
(c) They put him on the stretcher but then determine that he is dead and so leave him in the field.
(d) Napoleon remembers him, so they put him on a stretcher, but steal his icon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
2. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
3. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
4. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
5. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)