|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
(a) He is merely doing what he thinks is the right thing; he hopes for nothing.
(b) He wants to elevate himself and his family in Russian society.
(c) He wants Pierre to marry his daughter, Helene.
(d) He hopes Pierre will look upon him as his father and give him money to pay his debts.
2. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
(a) Andrew knows they will drink too much and associate with badly behaved women.
(b) He likes to control the docile Pierre.
(c) It is after one o'clock in the morning.
(d) He is jealous of Pierre's friends and their fun.
3. Where does Pierre go the day after his duel?
(a) He leaves for St. Petersburg.
(b) He goes to his estates in Kiev.
(c) He goes home and stays in isolation for a week.
(d) He goes to visit Prince Andrew at Bogucharovo.
4. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
(a) She waits for Boris to follow her.
(b) She isn't waiting; she is merely hiding from her friends.
(c) She's waiting for the guests to leave.
(d) She's waiting for Nicholas to follow Sonya so that she can see what they do.
5. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
(a) He goes to find the French.
(b) He goes to Moscow.
(c) He returns home.
(d) He returns to Kutuzov.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hippolyte talk about at Anna Pavlovna's soiree?
2. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
3. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
4. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
5. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)