|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
(a) He is bewildered by all the things people expect of him and wishes he had not inherited such responsibility with his fortune.
(b) He is reflecting on remarks Catiche has made and an anonymous letter saying that his wife is cheating on him with Dolokhov.
(c) He is tipsy with wine and is absentmindedly staring at a candlestick.
(d) He is angry that Dolokhov, who has no connections, has been made an officer but still lives off Pierre's good will and takes his money.
2. What engrosses Pierre after the duel?
(a) Why did he challenge Dolokhov over such a silly thing as taking a paper from him?
(b) What is bad or good?; What should one love or hate?; What does one live for?; What are life and death?
(c) Why did he challenge Dolokhov and violate his wife's trust in him?
(d) Why did he challenge Dolokhov when he is such a good friend to Pierre?
3. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
(a) Anna's relative.
(c) Prince Andrew.
(d) Prince Vasili.
4. Andrew receives a letter from Bilibin. How does he react to it?
(a) He thinks Bilibin is a fool and that his cavalier attitude does no one any good.
(b) He throws it away without opening it.
(c) He is distracted from what is bothering him at home.
(d) He throws it away after finishing it.
5. Nicholas goes home on leave. How does he react to Sonya?
(a) He is very happy to see her but is uncertain how she feels about him.
(b) He pays no attention to her whatsoever as he has decided that he has grown past their childhood romance.
(c) He is struck by how pretty she is but feels estranged from her.
(d) He is angry that he ever told her he loved her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
2. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
3. Where does Pierre go the day after his duel?
4. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
5. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)