|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pierre reflect upon after the duel with Dolokhov?
(a) That he hopes Helene still loves him and will have his child after all this.
(b) That he is totally to blame and he prays that Helene will forgive him for his profound error.
(c) That he is unfortunate for having so foul a temper that he would challenge someone he considers to be a good man and friend to a duel.
(d) That he has, so he thinks, killed a man for a depraved woman whom he has never loved.
2. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
(a) He is jealous of the attention they pay to his daughter and daughter-in-law.
(b) He does not want Prince Vasili or Anatole there.
(c) He basically ignores them as they have interfered with his strict routine.
(d) He is delighted to see them and pleased to see what a brilliant young man Anatole is.
3. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
(a) He returns to Kutuzov.
(b) He returns home.
(c) He goes to Moscow.
(d) He goes to find the French.
4. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
(a) He is reflecting on remarks Catiche has made and an anonymous letter saying that his wife is cheating on him with Dolokhov.
(b) He is tipsy with wine and is absentmindedly staring at a candlestick.
(c) He is angry that Dolokhov, who has no connections, has been made an officer but still lives off Pierre's good will and takes his money.
(d) He is bewildered by all the things people expect of him and wishes he had not inherited such responsibility with his fortune.
5. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(a) Captain Tushin.
(c) Boris Drubetskoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
2. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
3. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
4. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
5. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)