|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
(a) He can't hear anything Nicholas says because of the wind.
(b) He is very excited to be meeting the family of his good friend.
(c) He is asleep because he's had a lot of wine.
(d) He says, "Yes, I am happy for you but I shall just be happy to get out of the cold, my dear fellow."
2. Where does Pierre go the day after his duel?
(a) He leaves for St. Petersburg.
(b) He goes to visit Prince Andrew at Bogucharovo.
(c) He goes to his estates in Kiev.
(d) He goes home and stays in isolation for a week.
3. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
(b) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
(c) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(d) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
4. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
(b) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
(c) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
(d) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
5. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
(a) She goes to her room weeping in the knowledge that no one will ever want to marry such a plain young woman as she.
(b) She confides in Mlle. Bourienne that she thinks Anatole is handsome and hopes he will propose.
(c) She discovers Anatole in the conservatory with his arm around Mlle. Bourienne.
(d) She goes to talk with Lise, asking her what married life is like.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
2. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
3. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
4. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
5. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)