|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens with Prince Andrew during the battle at Austerlitz?
(a) He rides alongside the retreating army ordering them to turn back.
(b) He sees Kutuzov has a head wound and takes him to be treated.
(c) He sees the Tsar and requests him to leave the field of battle.
(d) He runs yelling "Forward, lads!", picks up the fallen standard, and is shot in the head.
2. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
(a) He goes out and celebrates.
(b) Nicholas goes to find the thief and catches him spending some of it.
(c) He follows the man who stole it and beats him senseless for such outrageous behavior.
(d) He follows Denisov's command to do nothing about it.
3. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
(a) He pays no attention; he is preoccupied with a problem with his steward.
(b) He is pleased that Nicholas has won so much money.
(c) He initially is agitated but regains his composure, says it will be difficult to raise the money, and leaves the room.
(d) He is excited as he had feared Nicholas would ask him for more money but with such a large win, Nicholas will not need it.
4. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
(a) She is regarded as ugly and not particularly pleasant, but rich.
(b) She is regarded as very beautiful which makes up for her moderate fortune.
(c) She is regarded as extremely intelligent and socially adept.
(d) She is regarded as very wealthy but very plain.
5. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
(a) She discovers Anatole in the conservatory with his arm around Mlle. Bourienne.
(b) She goes to talk with Lise, asking her what married life is like.
(c) She goes to her room weeping in the knowledge that no one will ever want to marry such a plain young woman as she.
(d) She confides in Mlle. Bourienne that she thinks Anatole is handsome and hopes he will propose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
2. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
3. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
4. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
5. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)