|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
(a) He goes to find the French.
(b) He returns home.
(c) He returns to Kutuzov.
(d) He goes to Moscow.
2. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
(a) She is regarded as very wealthy but very plain.
(b) She is regarded as ugly and not particularly pleasant, but rich.
(c) She is regarded as extremely intelligent and socially adept.
(d) She is regarded as very beautiful which makes up for her moderate fortune.
3. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
(a) She goes to talk with Lise, asking her what married life is like.
(b) She confides in Mlle. Bourienne that she thinks Anatole is handsome and hopes he will propose.
(c) She goes to her room weeping in the knowledge that no one will ever want to marry such a plain young woman as she.
(d) She discovers Anatole in the conservatory with his arm around Mlle. Bourienne.
4. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
(b) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(c) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
(d) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
5. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
(a) Whether or not Anna should go to see the Count.
(b) The fact that none of them want Pierre to inherit if they don't inherit from the Count.
(c) The need for the letter requesting Pierre's legitimacy to be found in his papers along with a new will making Pierre sole heir.
(d) That Catiche and her sisters should inherit most as they have cared for the Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
2. Andrew receives a letter from Bilibin. How does he react to it?
3. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
4. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
5. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)