|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He needs an adjutant.
(b) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
(c) He wants to keep an eye on him.
(d) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
2. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
(a) The fact that none of them want Pierre to inherit if they don't inherit from the Count.
(b) That Catiche and her sisters should inherit most as they have cared for the Count.
(c) The need for the letter requesting Pierre's legitimacy to be found in his papers along with a new will making Pierre sole heir.
(d) Whether or not Anna should go to see the Count.
3. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
(a) He accepts it as something that must happen.
(b) He is angry that his father has not made him legitimate.
(c) He is indifferent because his father has not made him a legitimate son.
(d) He is happy that he will no longer be under his father's scrutiny and judgment.
4. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) The French are firing at them.
(b) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(c) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(d) They all want to get across to get their tea.
5. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(b) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
(c) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
(d) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
2. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
3. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
4. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
5. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)