|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
(a) She isn't waiting; she is merely hiding from her friends.
(b) She's waiting for the guests to leave.
(c) She waits for Boris to follow her.
(d) She's waiting for Nicholas to follow Sonya so that she can see what they do.
2. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
(a) A scheming man who acts with deliberate premeditation.
(b) A man who plans carefully without regard for the well being of others.
(c) A kindly man who is manipulated by his family.
(d) A man who bears no one any ill will but acts in his own interest when opportunity presents itself.
3. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
(a) He hopes Pierre will look upon him as his father and give him money to pay his debts.
(b) He is merely doing what he thinks is the right thing; he hopes for nothing.
(c) He wants to elevate himself and his family in Russian society.
(d) He wants Pierre to marry his daughter, Helene.
4. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
(a) He is jealous of the attention they pay to his daughter and daughter-in-law.
(b) He basically ignores them as they have interfered with his strict routine.
(c) He is delighted to see them and pleased to see what a brilliant young man Anatole is.
(d) He does not want Prince Vasili or Anatole there.
5. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
(a) She is known as a former great beauty.
(b) She is known as a woman of good sense and unadorned speech.
(c) She is known for her horrible temper.
(d) She is known as a woman of wealth and rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pierre go the day after his duel?
2. Who does Dolokhov propose to?
3. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
4. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
5. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)