|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
(a) He is delighted to see them and pleased to see what a brilliant young man Anatole is.
(b) He basically ignores them as they have interfered with his strict routine.
(c) He does not want Prince Vasili or Anatole there.
(d) He is jealous of the attention they pay to his daughter and daughter-in-law.
2. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
(a) "Your luck is astounding."
(b) "You have won, but I have won something much more important!"
(c) "Unlucky at cards, lucky in love."
(d) "Shall we play again tomorrow?"
3. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(a) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
(c) General Schmidt.
(d) The Emperor Francis.
4. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
(a) He gets furious and calls her a spendthrift.
(b) He ignores her and walks away.
(c) He begins to weep because they don't have it to spare.
(d) He asks their steward to bring 700 rubles.
5. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
(a) Marry a wealthy woman.
(b) Study etiquette and the social graces.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Never marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
2. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
3. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
4. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
5. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)