|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
(b) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
(c) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
(d) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
2. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(a) General Schmidt.
(b) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
(c) The Emperor Francis.
3. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
(a) He is jealous of the attention they pay to his daughter and daughter-in-law.
(b) He basically ignores them as they have interfered with his strict routine.
(c) He is delighted to see them and pleased to see what a brilliant young man Anatole is.
(d) He does not want Prince Vasili or Anatole there.
4. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
(a) She is regarded as extremely intelligent and socially adept.
(b) She is regarded as very wealthy but very plain.
(c) She is regarded as ugly and not particularly pleasant, but rich.
(d) She is regarded as very beautiful which makes up for her moderate fortune.
5. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
(a) He likes to control the docile Pierre.
(b) It is after one o'clock in the morning.
(c) Andrew knows they will drink too much and associate with badly behaved women.
(d) He is jealous of Pierre's friends and their fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pierre reflect upon after the duel with Dolokhov?
2. What dance do Denisov and Natasha do at Iogel's ball?
3. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
4. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
5. How does Pierre approach the duel with Dolokhov?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)