|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her great aunt.
(d) Her aunt.
2. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
(a) The need for the letter requesting Pierre's legitimacy to be found in his papers along with a new will making Pierre sole heir.
(b) The fact that none of them want Pierre to inherit if they don't inherit from the Count.
(c) That Catiche and her sisters should inherit most as they have cared for the Count.
(d) Whether or not Anna should go to see the Count.
3. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
(a) He is jealous of the attention they pay to his daughter and daughter-in-law.
(b) He does not want Prince Vasili or Anatole there.
(c) He basically ignores them as they have interfered with his strict routine.
(d) He is delighted to see them and pleased to see what a brilliant young man Anatole is.
4. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
(b) He needs an adjutant.
(c) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
(d) He wants to keep an eye on him.
5. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
(b) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
(c) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
(d) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
2. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
3. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
4. What does Pierre do when he goes to St. Petersburg?
5. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)