|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
(a) The need for the letter requesting Pierre's legitimacy to be found in his papers along with a new will making Pierre sole heir.
(b) Whether or not Anna should go to see the Count.
(c) The fact that none of them want Pierre to inherit if they don't inherit from the Count.
(d) That Catiche and her sisters should inherit most as they have cared for the Count.
2. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
(a) She discovers Anatole in the conservatory with his arm around Mlle. Bourienne.
(b) She goes to talk with Lise, asking her what married life is like.
(c) She confides in Mlle. Bourienne that she thinks Anatole is handsome and hopes he will propose.
(d) She goes to her room weeping in the knowledge that no one will ever want to marry such a plain young woman as she.
3. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
(a) He is happy to hear news of victory.
(b) He listens to what he says, is happy, but seems to be speaking according to a script.
(c) He is very upset about casualties in the Austrian army.
(d) He pays virtually no attention to anything Andrew has to say, asking only irrelevant questions.
4. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) His horse falls on him, he is injured and runs away from the French coming at him.
(b) He loses his regiment and wanders about looking for them.
(c) He charges at the French, is attacked by them and injured severely.
(d) He ends up interfering with his regiment's action.
5. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
(a) That although Bagration does very little and gives few commands, his presence and tact calm and encourage everyone about him.
(b) That Bagration's orders are random and chaotic.
(c) That Bagration's orders are very well thought out.
(d) That Bagration is enthusiastic and commanding which excites the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
2. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
3. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
4. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
5. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)