|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
(a) That he is a womanizer.
(b) That his friends are poorly chosen.
(c) That he cheats at cards.
(d) That he is abusive to his father.
2. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
(a) He asks if he may be attached to the first squadron and they ask if he is Count Ilya Rostov's son.
(b) He asks if he may go to the front and they deny his request saying that he is needed in reserve.
(c) He asks if they have seen any sign of the fog clearing, and they reply that it should clear in the morning.
(d) He asks if they have seen any movement of the French and they ignore him.
3. Nicholas goes home on leave. How does he react to Sonya?
(a) He is very happy to see her but is uncertain how she feels about him.
(b) He is angry that he ever told her he loved her.
(c) He is struck by how pretty she is but feels estranged from her.
(d) He pays no attention to her whatsoever as he has decided that he has grown past their childhood romance.
4. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
(a) She is regarded as ugly and not particularly pleasant, but rich.
(b) She is regarded as very beautiful which makes up for her moderate fortune.
(c) She is regarded as extremely intelligent and socially adept.
(d) She is regarded as very wealthy but very plain.
5. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) General Mack.
(b) Prince Bagration.
(c) Napoleon Buonaparte.
(d) Emperor Francis
Short Answer Questions
1. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
2. Andrew receives a letter from Bilibin. How does he react to it?
3. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
4. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
5. Where does Pierre go the day after his duel?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)