|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
(b) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(c) She doesn't hear her.
(d) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
2. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(b) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(c) The French are firing at them.
(d) They all want to get across to get their tea.
3. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
(a) That he cheats at cards.
(b) That his friends are poorly chosen.
(c) That he is abusive to his father.
(d) That he is a womanizer.
4. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
(a) He is more concerned with the birth of a son.
(b) He is overcome with love for her and their son.
(c) He is filled with remorse by the look on her face.
(d) He is filled with overwhelming love for her and for their child but is still unable to express it.
5. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
(a) He is in a foul temper as he is cold, hungry, and is missing the comforts of home.
(b) He is excited about the prospect of being in combat and perhaps distinguishing himself for the Tsar.
(c) He is terrified that he may be shot and wishes he had not been given this duty.
(d) Various disconnected thoughts as he struggles not to fall asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
2. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
3. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
4. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
5. Nicholas is patrolling the picket lines. What is a picket?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)