|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
(a) A man who bears no one any ill will but acts in his own interest when opportunity presents itself.
(b) A scheming man who acts with deliberate premeditation.
(c) A man who plans carefully without regard for the well being of others.
(d) A kindly man who is manipulated by his family.
2. What does Pierre reflect upon after the duel with Dolokhov?
(a) That he is unfortunate for having so foul a temper that he would challenge someone he considers to be a good man and friend to a duel.
(b) That he hopes Helene still loves him and will have his child after all this.
(c) That he is totally to blame and he prays that Helene will forgive him for his profound error.
(d) That he has, so he thinks, killed a man for a depraved woman whom he has never loved.
3. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
(b) She doesn't hear her.
(c) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
(d) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
4. What does Pierre do when he goes to St. Petersburg?
(a) He goes to visit Bazdeev who is ill.
(b) He stays home fuming over his recent behavior in Moscow.
(c) He stays in reading Thomas A Kempis, and joins the Freemasons.
(d) He returns to his former behavior of debauchery and drunkenness.
5. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
(a) That although Bagration does very little and gives few commands, his presence and tact calm and encourage everyone about him.
(b) That Bagration is enthusiastic and commanding which excites the men.
(c) That Bagration's orders are random and chaotic.
(d) That Bagration's orders are very well thought out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
2. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
3. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
4. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
5. Where does Pierre go the day after his duel?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)