|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(a) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
(b) General Schmidt.
(d) The Emperor Francis.
2. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
(a) A man who plans carefully without regard for the well being of others.
(b) A kindly man who is manipulated by his family.
(c) A scheming man who acts with deliberate premeditation.
(d) A man who bears no one any ill will but acts in his own interest when opportunity presents itself.
3. What does Dolokhov say to Rostov after the card game?
(a) "Your luck is astounding."
(b) "You have won, but I have won something much more important!"
(c) "Shall we play again tomorrow?"
(d) "Unlucky at cards, lucky in love."
4. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
(a) She wants to ask Pierre's father to lend her money.
(b) She hopes that Pierre's father is well enough to acknowledge Boris if only in his Will.
(c) She wants Boris personally to thank Prince Vasili, a close relative of Pierre's father, who is also there to see the Count.
(d) She wants Boris to meet the Count.
5. Princess Mary wishes to speak to Andrew before he leaves about a specific request. What is it?
(a) She asks him to forgive his wife.
(b) She asks him to accept Mlle. Bourienne as her friend.
(c) She wants him to help her get away from their father.
(d) She wants him to carry an icon around his neck to protect him in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
2. Nicholas brings his friend Denisov with him and excitedly speaks as they approach. What is Denisov's reaction?
3. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
4. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
5. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)