|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
(a) She waits for Boris to follow her.
(b) She isn't waiting; she is merely hiding from her friends.
(c) She's waiting for the guests to leave.
(d) She's waiting for Nicholas to follow Sonya so that she can see what they do.
2. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
(a) Her great aunt.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her mother.
3. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
(a) He writes to Napoleon requesting advice.
(b) He does nothing until the following day when he attacks.
(c) He attacks them immediately.
(d) He offers a cease fire for three days so he can attack them all at once.
4. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
(a) She wants Boris personally to thank Prince Vasili, a close relative of Pierre's father, who is also there to see the Count.
(b) She wants Boris to meet the Count.
(c) She wants to ask Pierre's father to lend her money.
(d) She hopes that Pierre's father is well enough to acknowledge Boris if only in his Will.
5. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(b) Captain Tushin.
(d) Boris Drubetskoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
2. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
3. After the duel, Helene goes to speak to Pierre. What does she say?
4. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
5. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)