|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dance do Denisov and Natasha do at Iogel's ball?
(a) The minuet.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The twist.
(d) The mazurka.
2. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
(a) She goes to her room weeping in the knowledge that no one will ever want to marry such a plain young woman as she.
(b) She goes to talk with Lise, asking her what married life is like.
(c) She confides in Mlle. Bourienne that she thinks Anatole is handsome and hopes he will propose.
(d) She discovers Anatole in the conservatory with his arm around Mlle. Bourienne.
3. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
(a) She isn't waiting; she is merely hiding from her friends.
(b) She waits for Boris to follow her.
(c) She's waiting for Nicholas to follow Sonya so that she can see what they do.
(d) She's waiting for the guests to leave.
4. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
(a) He is filled with remorse by the look on her face.
(b) He is filled with overwhelming love for her and for their child but is still unable to express it.
(c) He is overcome with love for her and their son.
(d) He is more concerned with the birth of a son.
5. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
(a) She is known as a woman of good sense and unadorned speech.
(b) She is known for her horrible temper.
(c) She is known as a former great beauty.
(d) She is known as a woman of wealth and rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
2. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
3. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
4. Nicholas encounters the Princes Bagration and Dolgorukov. What is their conversation?
5. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)