|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) The French are firing at them.
(b) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(c) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(d) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
2. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
(a) Nicholas wins 43,000 rubles.
(b) Nicholas wins 4,300 rubles.
(c) Dolokhov wins 800,000 Rubles.
(d) Dolokhov wins 43,000 Rubles.
3. Who is Anna Pavlovna's guest of honor at her soiree in Part 5?
(a) Hippolyte Kuragin.
(c) Boris Drubetskoy.
4. Andrew has been taken prisoner by the French. What do they do with him?
(a) They put him on the stretcher but then determine that he is dead and so leave him in the field.
(b) Napoleon remembers him, admires his courage, and sends him to his own doctor to be tended.
(c) Napoleon sees him, remembers his carrying the Russian standard, and sends him to a hospital.
(d) Napoleon remembers him, so they put him on a stretcher, but steal his icon.
5. How does Pierre approach the duel with Dolokhov?
(a) He is indifferent because he is too drunk to understand the possible consequences.
(b) He has never shot a pistol before but refuses to apologize.
(c) He is so distressed at the whole thing that he hopes he's shot.
(d) He is very confident that he will win as he is in the right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
2. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
3. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
4. How does Andrew react when he sees Lise after the birth of their son?
5. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)