|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
(b) Anna's relative.
(c) Prince Andrew.
(d) Prince Vasili.
2. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(a) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
(b) The Emperor Francis.
(c) General Schmidt.
3. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
(a) It is Natasha's birthday.
(b) It is the name day of the Countess and her daughter, Natasha.
(c) It is the old Count's birthday.
(d) It is Oktoberfest.
4. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
(a) She isn't waiting; she is merely hiding from her friends.
(b) She's waiting for Nicholas to follow Sonya so that she can see what they do.
(c) She's waiting for the guests to leave.
(d) She waits for Boris to follow her.
5. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
(a) She is regarded as extremely intelligent and socially adept.
(b) She is regarded as very beautiful which makes up for her moderate fortune.
(c) She is regarded as very wealthy but very plain.
(d) She is regarded as ugly and not particularly pleasant, but rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrew receives a letter from Bilibin. How does he react to it?
2. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
3. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
4. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
5. How does Pierre approach the duel with Dolokhov?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)