|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
(a) He wanted to contribute but couldn't. He hopes to act on his own and achieve the glory he longs for.
(b) He is consumed with fear that he may die the next day.
(c) He is shocked at Kutuzov's inattention to it and resents the lack of opportunity to state his ideas.
(d) He is bored by the discussion, wants to change the entire plan.
2. Nicholas is told to give a message to the Tsar. What happens after that?
(a) He delivers it to the Tsar who recognizes him and asks Nicholas what the state of battle is.
(b) He goes to deliver it , hears the Tsar has been wounded, but later finds him alone in the middle of a field unhurt.
(c) He goes to deliver it, hears the Tsar has been killed, and rides back to find his squadron.
(d) He hears that the Tsar has been killed so he goes to deliver it to Kutuzov.
3. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Marry a wealthy woman.
(c) Study etiquette and the social graces.
(d) Never marry.
4. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
(a) He wants to ask Kutuzov for provisions.
(b) He and Kutuzov are good friends and he wants to greet him.
(c) He wants to tell Kutuzov that the Russians aren't needed.
(d) He is telling Kutuzov that he has lost to the French.
5. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
(b) He needs an adjutant.
(c) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
(d) He wants to keep an eye on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
2. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
3. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
4. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
5. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)