|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
(a) He pays no attention to it as he is not interested in such "feminine" things.
(b) He gets angry with her and tells her to leave his sight.
(c) He tells her in front of them that he does not approve of it and never to do it again.
(d) He tells her that it is quite becoming.
2. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
(a) That Bagration's orders are very well thought out.
(b) That Bagration is enthusiastic and commanding which excites the men.
(c) That although Bagration does very little and gives few commands, his presence and tact calm and encourage everyone about him.
(d) That Bagration's orders are random and chaotic.
3. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her great aunt.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her aunt.
4. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
(a) She isn't waiting; she is merely hiding from her friends.
(b) She's waiting for Nicholas to follow Sonya so that she can see what they do.
(c) She's waiting for the guests to leave.
(d) She waits for Boris to follow her.
5. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
(a) Nicholas goes to find the thief and catches him spending some of it.
(b) He follows the man who stole it and beats him senseless for such outrageous behavior.
(c) He follows Denisov's command to do nothing about it.
(d) He goes out and celebrates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
2. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
3. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
4. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
5. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)