|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
(a) Prince Andrew.
(b) Prince Vasili.
(d) Anna's relative.
2. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
(a) That Bagration's orders are random and chaotic.
(b) That Bagration is enthusiastic and commanding which excites the men.
(c) That Bagration's orders are very well thought out.
(d) That although Bagration does very little and gives few commands, his presence and tact calm and encourage everyone about him.
3. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
(a) It is the old Count's birthday.
(b) It is Oktoberfest.
(c) It is the name day of the Countess and her daughter, Natasha.
(d) It is Natasha's birthday.
4. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(b) Boris Drubetskoy.
(c) Captain Tushin.
5. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(b) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(c) The French are firing at them.
(d) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
2. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna insist on taking Pierre to visit his father just before he dies?
3. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
4. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
5. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)