|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(b) He's been caught with the money.
(c) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(d) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
2. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her great aunt.
(d) Her mother.
3. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(b) The Emperor Francis.
(c) General Schmidt.
(d) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
4. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna insist on taking Pierre to visit his father just before he dies?
(a) She is an interfering woman.
(b) She is bored at the Rostovs' dinner.
(c) She wants to be sure that Pierre is his father's sole heir, and if she helps him, he will help Boris.
(d) She wants to meet Prince Vasili and ingratiate herself to him again.
5. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
(a) He offers a cease fire for three days so he can attack them all at once.
(b) He attacks them immediately.
(c) He does nothing until the following day when he attacks.
(d) He writes to Napoleon requesting advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
2. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
3. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
4. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
5. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)