|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
(b) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
(c) He wants to keep an eye on him.
(d) He needs an adjutant.
2. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) He charges at the French, is attacked by them and injured severely.
(b) He loses his regiment and wanders about looking for them.
(c) He ends up interfering with his regiment's action.
(d) His horse falls on him, he is injured and runs away from the French coming at him.
3. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
(a) She is annoyed.
(b) She is afraid.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is happy and excited.
4. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
(b) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(c) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(d) He's been caught with the money.
5. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
(a) She's waiting for Nicholas to follow Sonya so that she can see what they do.
(b) She's waiting for the guests to leave.
(c) She isn't waiting; she is merely hiding from her friends.
(d) She waits for Boris to follow her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
2. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
3. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
4. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
5. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)