|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
(a) That although Bagration does very little and gives few commands, his presence and tact calm and encourage everyone about him.
(b) That Bagration's orders are random and chaotic.
(c) That Bagration's orders are very well thought out.
(d) That Bagration is enthusiastic and commanding which excites the men.
2. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
(a) He is jealous of Pierre's friends and their fun.
(b) He likes to control the docile Pierre.
(c) It is after one o'clock in the morning.
(d) Andrew knows they will drink too much and associate with badly behaved women.
3. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
(b) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(c) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(d) He's been caught with the money.
4. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
(a) He asks their steward to bring 700 rubles.
(b) He ignores her and walks away.
(c) He begins to weep because they don't have it to spare.
(d) He gets furious and calls her a spendthrift.
5. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
(a) She is happy and excited.
(b) She is afraid.
(c) She is annoyed.
(d) She is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
2. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
3. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
4. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
5. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)