|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
(a) He is merely doing what he thinks is the right thing; he hopes for nothing.
(b) He wants Pierre to marry his daughter, Helene.
(c) He hopes Pierre will look upon him as his father and give him money to pay his debts.
(d) He wants to elevate himself and his family in Russian society.
2. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
(a) He listens to what he says, is happy, but seems to be speaking according to a script.
(b) He is happy to hear news of victory.
(c) He is very upset about casualties in the Austrian army.
(d) He pays virtually no attention to anything Andrew has to say, asking only irrelevant questions.
3. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
(a) He is consumed with fear that he may die the next day.
(b) He is shocked at Kutuzov's inattention to it and resents the lack of opportunity to state his ideas.
(c) He is bored by the discussion, wants to change the entire plan.
(d) He wanted to contribute but couldn't. He hopes to act on his own and achieve the glory he longs for.
4. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
(a) It is Oktoberfest.
(b) It is the name day of the Countess and her daughter, Natasha.
(c) It is the old Count's birthday.
(d) It is Natasha's birthday.
5. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(a) Captain Tushin.
(c) Boris Drubetskoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
2. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
3. Princess Mary wishes to speak to Andrew before he leaves about a specific request. What is it?
4. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
5. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)