|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
(a) He asks their steward to bring 700 rubles.
(b) He ignores her and walks away.
(c) He gets furious and calls her a spendthrift.
(d) He begins to weep because they don't have it to spare.
2. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
(a) Marry a wealthy woman.
(b) Never marry.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Study etiquette and the social graces.
3. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
(a) His regiment wins their skirmish with the French.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He turns cowardly and hides in some bushes.
(d) He is badly wounded and unable to continue fighting.
4. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
(a) She is happy and excited.
(b) She is annoyed.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is afraid.
5. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
(a) That he is a womanizer.
(b) That he cheats at cards.
(c) That his friends are poorly chosen.
(d) That he is abusive to his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
2. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
3. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
4. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna insist on taking Pierre to visit his father just before he dies?
5. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)