|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
(a) She is happy and excited.
(b) She is afraid.
(c) She is annoyed.
(d) She is indifferent.
2. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
(a) She is regarded as very beautiful which makes up for her moderate fortune.
(b) She is regarded as very wealthy but very plain.
(c) She is regarded as extremely intelligent and socially adept.
(d) She is regarded as ugly and not particularly pleasant, but rich.
3. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
(a) He accepts it as something that must happen.
(b) He is angry that his father has not made him legitimate.
(c) He is happy that he will no longer be under his father's scrutiny and judgment.
(d) He is indifferent because his father has not made him a legitimate son.
4. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
(b) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(c) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
(d) She doesn't hear her.
5. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
(a) The need for the letter requesting Pierre's legitimacy to be found in his papers along with a new will making Pierre sole heir.
(b) The fact that none of them want Pierre to inherit if they don't inherit from the Count.
(c) Whether or not Anna should go to see the Count.
(d) That Catiche and her sisters should inherit most as they have cared for the Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
2. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
3. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
4. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
5. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna insist on taking Pierre to visit his father just before he dies?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)