|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
(a) He attacks them immediately.
(b) He does nothing until the following day when he attacks.
(c) He writes to Napoleon requesting advice.
(d) He offers a cease fire for three days so he can attack them all at once.
2. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
(a) He is killed.
(b) His regiment wins their skirmish with the French.
(c) He turns cowardly and hides in some bushes.
(d) He is badly wounded and unable to continue fighting.
3. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
(a) He gets furious and calls her a spendthrift.
(b) He ignores her and walks away.
(c) He asks their steward to bring 700 rubles.
(d) He begins to weep because they don't have it to spare.
4. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
(a) She is regarded as ugly and not particularly pleasant, but rich.
(b) She is regarded as extremely intelligent and socially adept.
(c) She is regarded as very beautiful which makes up for her moderate fortune.
(d) She is regarded as very wealthy but very plain.
5. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
(a) He listens to what he says, is happy, but seems to be speaking according to a script.
(b) He is happy to hear news of victory.
(c) He pays virtually no attention to anything Andrew has to say, asking only irrelevant questions.
(d) He is very upset about casualties in the Austrian army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
2. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
3. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
4. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
5. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)