|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(b) General Schmidt.
(c) The Emperor Francis.
(d) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
2. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
(a) She is regarded as very beautiful which makes up for her moderate fortune.
(b) She is regarded as very wealthy but very plain.
(c) She is regarded as extremely intelligent and socially adept.
(d) She is regarded as ugly and not particularly pleasant, but rich.
3. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
(a) He pays virtually no attention to anything Andrew has to say, asking only irrelevant questions.
(b) He listens to what he says, is happy, but seems to be speaking according to a script.
(c) He is very upset about casualties in the Austrian army.
(d) He is happy to hear news of victory.
4. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
(a) He wants her to be an educated woman who is not just schooled in the arts.
(b) He wants the order of mathematics to drive the nonsense out of her head.
(c) He wants her to be brilliant.
(d) He wants her to continue his work on his inventions.
5. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
(a) He gets angry with her and tells her to leave his sight.
(b) He tells her in front of them that he does not approve of it and never to do it again.
(c) He tells her that it is quite becoming.
(d) He pays no attention to it as he is not interested in such "feminine" things.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
2. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
3. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
4. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
5. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)