|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
(a) Study etiquette and the social graces.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Never marry.
(d) Marry a wealthy woman.
2. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
(a) The need for the letter requesting Pierre's legitimacy to be found in his papers along with a new will making Pierre sole heir.
(b) That Catiche and her sisters should inherit most as they have cared for the Count.
(c) The fact that none of them want Pierre to inherit if they don't inherit from the Count.
(d) Whether or not Anna should go to see the Count.
3. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
(a) She is regarded as very beautiful which makes up for her moderate fortune.
(b) She is regarded as very wealthy but very plain.
(c) She is regarded as ugly and not particularly pleasant, but rich.
(d) She is regarded as extremely intelligent and socially adept.
4. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) Emperor Francis
(b) Napoleon Buonaparte.
(c) General Mack.
(d) Prince Bagration.
5. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) The French are firing at them.
(b) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(c) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(d) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
2. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna insist on taking Pierre to visit his father just before he dies?
3. Princess Mary wishes to speak to Andrew before he leaves about a specific request. What is it?
4. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
5. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)