|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) Prince Bagration.
(b) Emperor Francis
(c) General Mack.
(d) Napoleon Buonaparte.
2. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
(a) He is happy to see him but is fearful about the coming action.
(b) He is struck by how young the Tsar is and wonders if he is up to his position.
(c) He is in awe of him and feels he would do anything for him.
(d) He is unhappy that the Tsar has involved Russia in this war which does not concern them.
3. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her great aunt.
4. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(a) Boris Drubetskoy.
(c) Captain Tushin.
5. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(b) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(c) The French are firing at them.
(d) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
2. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
3. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
4. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
5. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)