|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
(b) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(c) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
(d) She doesn't hear her.
2. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
(a) He hopes Pierre will look upon him as his father and give him money to pay his debts.
(b) He is merely doing what he thinks is the right thing; he hopes for nothing.
(c) He wants to elevate himself and his family in Russian society.
(d) He wants Pierre to marry his daughter, Helene.
3. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
(a) He is jealous of Pierre's friends and their fun.
(b) It is after one o'clock in the morning.
(c) He likes to control the docile Pierre.
(d) Andrew knows they will drink too much and associate with badly behaved women.
4. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
(a) Pride and gluttony and humility and temperance.
(b) Greed and envy and generosity and patience.
(c) Illness and remorse and kindness and health.
(d) Idleness and superstition and activity and intelligence.
5. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
(a) He writes to Napoleon requesting advice.
(b) He offers a cease fire for three days so he can attack them all at once.
(c) He attacks them immediately.
(d) He does nothing until the following day when he attacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
2. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
3. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
4. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
5. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)