|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(b) The French are firing at them.
(c) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(d) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
2. Princess Mary wishes to speak to Andrew before he leaves about a specific request. What is it?
(a) She asks him to forgive his wife.
(b) She wants him to carry an icon around his neck to protect him in battle.
(c) She asks him to accept Mlle. Bourienne as her friend.
(d) She wants him to help her get away from their father.
3. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
(a) He is consumed with fear that he may die the next day.
(b) He wanted to contribute but couldn't. He hopes to act on his own and achieve the glory he longs for.
(c) He is shocked at Kutuzov's inattention to it and resents the lack of opportunity to state his ideas.
(d) He is bored by the discussion, wants to change the entire plan.
4. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
(a) Nicholas goes to find the thief and catches him spending some of it.
(b) He follows Denisov's command to do nothing about it.
(c) He follows the man who stole it and beats him senseless for such outrageous behavior.
(d) He goes out and celebrates.
5. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(b) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
(c) The Emperor Francis.
(d) General Schmidt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
2. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
3. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
4. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
5. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)