|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
(a) He pays virtually no attention to anything Andrew has to say, asking only irrelevant questions.
(b) He is very upset about casualties in the Austrian army.
(c) He is happy to hear news of victory.
(d) He listens to what he says, is happy, but seems to be speaking according to a script.
2. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
(a) He turns cowardly and hides in some bushes.
(b) His regiment wins their skirmish with the French.
(c) He is badly wounded and unable to continue fighting.
(d) He is killed.
3. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
(a) He wants her to be brilliant.
(b) He wants her to be an educated woman who is not just schooled in the arts.
(c) He wants her to continue his work on his inventions.
(d) He wants the order of mathematics to drive the nonsense out of her head.
4. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
(b) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
(c) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
(d) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
5. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
(a) Prince Vasili.
(b) Anna's relative.
(c) Prince Andrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
2. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
3. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
4. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
5. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)