|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
(a) He wants her to be an educated woman who is not just schooled in the arts.
(b) He wants her to be brilliant.
(c) He wants the order of mathematics to drive the nonsense out of her head.
(d) He wants her to continue his work on his inventions.
2. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
(a) She is regarded as ugly and not particularly pleasant, but rich.
(b) She is regarded as very wealthy but very plain.
(c) She is regarded as very beautiful which makes up for her moderate fortune.
(d) She is regarded as extremely intelligent and socially adept.
3. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her great aunt.
4. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
(a) He basically ignores them as they have interfered with his strict routine.
(b) He is jealous of the attention they pay to his daughter and daughter-in-law.
(c) He does not want Prince Vasili or Anatole there.
(d) He is delighted to see them and pleased to see what a brilliant young man Anatole is.
5. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna insist on taking Pierre to visit his father just before he dies?
(a) She is an interfering woman.
(b) She wants to be sure that Pierre is his father's sole heir, and if she helps him, he will help Boris.
(c) She wants to meet Prince Vasili and ingratiate herself to him again.
(d) She is bored at the Rostovs' dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
2. Princess Mary wishes to speak to Andrew before he leaves about a specific request. What is it?
3. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
4. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
5. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)