|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) General Mack.
(b) Emperor Francis
(c) Prince Bagration.
(d) Napoleon Buonaparte.
2. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
(a) She goes to her room weeping in the knowledge that no one will ever want to marry such a plain young woman as she.
(b) She discovers Anatole in the conservatory with his arm around Mlle. Bourienne.
(c) She goes to talk with Lise, asking her what married life is like.
(d) She confides in Mlle. Bourienne that she thinks Anatole is handsome and hopes he will propose.
3. Princess Mary wishes to speak to Andrew before he leaves about a specific request. What is it?
(a) She asks him to forgive his wife.
(b) She wants him to help her get away from their father.
(c) She wants him to carry an icon around his neck to protect him in battle.
(d) She asks him to accept Mlle. Bourienne as her friend.
4. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
(a) He wants her to be brilliant.
(b) He wants the order of mathematics to drive the nonsense out of her head.
(c) He wants her to continue his work on his inventions.
(d) He wants her to be an educated woman who is not just schooled in the arts.
5. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is happy and excited.
(c) She is annoyed.
(d) She is afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
2. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
3. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
4. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
5. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna insist on taking Pierre to visit his father just before he dies?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)