|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
(a) He is struck by how young the Tsar is and wonders if he is up to his position.
(b) He is unhappy that the Tsar has involved Russia in this war which does not concern them.
(c) He is happy to see him but is fearful about the coming action.
(d) He is in awe of him and feels he would do anything for him.
2. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
(a) He wants the order of mathematics to drive the nonsense out of her head.
(b) He wants her to be an educated woman who is not just schooled in the arts.
(c) He wants her to continue his work on his inventions.
(d) He wants her to be brilliant.
3. Princess Mary wishes to speak to Andrew before he leaves about a specific request. What is it?
(a) She asks him to forgive his wife.
(b) She wants him to help her get away from their father.
(c) She wants him to carry an icon around his neck to protect him in battle.
(d) She asks him to accept Mlle. Bourienne as her friend.
4. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
(b) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
(c) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(d) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
5. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her great aunt.
(d) Her aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
2. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna insist on taking Pierre to visit his father just before he dies?
3. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
4. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
5. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)