|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
(a) Nicholas goes to find the thief and catches him spending some of it.
(b) He follows Denisov's command to do nothing about it.
(c) He goes out and celebrates.
(d) He follows the man who stole it and beats him senseless for such outrageous behavior.
2. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
(a) She is annoyed.
(b) She is afraid.
(c) She is happy and excited.
(d) She is indifferent.
3. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
(a) He wants the order of mathematics to drive the nonsense out of her head.
(b) He wants her to be an educated woman who is not just schooled in the arts.
(c) He wants her to continue his work on his inventions.
(d) He wants her to be brilliant.
4. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna insist on taking Pierre to visit his father just before he dies?
(a) She wants to meet Prince Vasili and ingratiate herself to him again.
(b) She wants to be sure that Pierre is his father's sole heir, and if she helps him, he will help Boris.
(c) She is bored at the Rostovs' dinner.
(d) She is an interfering woman.
5. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
(a) He goes to find the French.
(b) He returns to Kutuzov.
(c) He returns home.
(d) He goes to Moscow.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Council of War before the battle of Austerlitz, Prince Andrew reflects on what is being said. What are his thoughts?
2. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
3. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
4. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
5. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)