|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
(a) He is very upset about casualties in the Austrian army.
(b) He is happy to hear news of victory.
(c) He listens to what he says, is happy, but seems to be speaking according to a script.
(d) He pays virtually no attention to anything Andrew has to say, asking only irrelevant questions.
2. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(a) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
(c) The Emperor Francis.
(d) General Schmidt.
3. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He needs an adjutant.
(b) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
(c) He wants to keep an eye on him.
(d) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
4. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
(b) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
(c) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
(d) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
5. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
(a) Study etiquette and the social graces.
(b) Never marry.
(c) Marry a wealthy woman.
(d) Join the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
2. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
3. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
4. Princess Mary leaves her father's study after speaking with him about the Kuragins. What occurs very shortly after that?
5. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)