|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
(a) He is jealous of Pierre's friends and their fun.
(b) It is after one o'clock in the morning.
(c) Andrew knows they will drink too much and associate with badly behaved women.
(d) He likes to control the docile Pierre.
2. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
(a) She is regarded as very wealthy but very plain.
(b) She is regarded as ugly and not particularly pleasant, but rich.
(c) She is regarded as extremely intelligent and socially adept.
(d) She is regarded as very beautiful which makes up for her moderate fortune.
3. Andrew observes Prince Bagration in command. What does he notice about his methods of command?
(a) That Bagration's orders are random and chaotic.
(b) That Bagration is enthusiastic and commanding which excites the men.
(c) That although Bagration does very little and gives few commands, his presence and tact calm and encourage everyone about him.
(d) That Bagration's orders are very well thought out.
4. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She doesn't hear her.
(b) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
(c) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
(d) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
5. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna insist on taking Pierre to visit his father just before he dies?
(a) She wants to be sure that Pierre is his father's sole heir, and if she helps him, he will help Boris.
(b) She is bored at the Rostovs' dinner.
(c) She wants to meet Prince Vasili and ingratiate herself to him again.
(d) She is an interfering woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
2. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
3. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
4. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
5. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)