|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Prince Vasili hoping to achieve by helping Pierre with his duties?
(a) He is merely doing what he thinks is the right thing; he hopes for nothing.
(b) He wants Pierre to marry his daughter, Helene.
(c) He wants to elevate himself and his family in Russian society.
(d) He hopes Pierre will look upon him as his father and give him money to pay his debts.
2. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
(a) Her great aunt.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her son.
3. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
(a) He begins to weep because they don't have it to spare.
(b) He gets furious and calls her a spendthrift.
(c) He ignores her and walks away.
(d) He asks their steward to bring 700 rubles.
4. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
(a) She wants Boris personally to thank Prince Vasili, a close relative of Pierre's father, who is also there to see the Count.
(b) She wants to ask Pierre's father to lend her money.
(c) She wants Boris to meet the Count.
(d) She hopes that Pierre's father is well enough to acknowledge Boris if only in his Will.
5. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
(a) He goes to find the French.
(b) He goes to Moscow.
(c) He returns to Kutuzov.
(d) He returns home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
2. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
3. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
4. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
5. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)