|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
(a) He attacks them immediately.
(b) He writes to Napoleon requesting advice.
(c) He offers a cease fire for three days so he can attack them all at once.
(d) He does nothing until the following day when he attacks.
2. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
(a) He ignores her and walks away.
(b) He asks their steward to bring 700 rubles.
(c) He begins to weep because they don't have it to spare.
(d) He gets furious and calls her a spendthrift.
3. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
(a) He pays virtually no attention to anything Andrew has to say, asking only irrelevant questions.
(b) He is happy to hear news of victory.
(c) He is very upset about casualties in the Austrian army.
(d) He listens to what he says, is happy, but seems to be speaking according to a script.
4. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) The French are firing at them.
(b) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(c) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(d) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
5. Dolokhov has been demoted and his superior officers have taken note of his outspokenness. How does the Schon Grabern battle go for him?
(a) His regiment wins their skirmish with the French.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He turns cowardly and hides in some bushes.
(d) He is badly wounded and unable to continue fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
2. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
3. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
4. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
5. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)