|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(a) The Emperor Francis.
(b) General Schmidt.
(c) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
2. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
(a) He goes out and celebrates.
(b) He follows the man who stole it and beats him senseless for such outrageous behavior.
(c) Nicholas goes to find the thief and catches him spending some of it.
(d) He follows Denisov's command to do nothing about it.
3. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
(a) She is afraid.
(b) She is annoyed.
(c) She is happy and excited.
(d) She is indifferent.
4. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her great aunt.
(d) Her mother.
5. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
(a) She hopes that Pierre's father is well enough to acknowledge Boris if only in his Will.
(b) She wants to ask Pierre's father to lend her money.
(c) She wants Boris personally to thank Prince Vasili, a close relative of Pierre's father, who is also there to see the Count.
(d) She wants Boris to meet the Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
2. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
3. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
4. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
5. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)