|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
(a) He goes out and celebrates.
(b) Nicholas goes to find the thief and catches him spending some of it.
(c) He follows Denisov's command to do nothing about it.
(d) He follows the man who stole it and beats him senseless for such outrageous behavior.
2. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
(b) He needs an adjutant.
(c) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
(d) He wants to keep an eye on him.
3. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Never marry.
(c) Marry a wealthy woman.
(d) Study etiquette and the social graces.
4. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
(a) He accepts it as something that must happen.
(b) He is angry that his father has not made him legitimate.
(c) He is happy that he will no longer be under his father's scrutiny and judgment.
(d) He is indifferent because his father has not made him a legitimate son.
5. Princess Mary wishes to speak to Andrew before he leaves about a specific request. What is it?
(a) She wants him to help her get away from their father.
(b) She asks him to accept Mlle. Bourienne as her friend.
(c) She asks him to forgive his wife.
(d) She wants him to carry an icon around his neck to protect him in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
2. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
3. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
4. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
5. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)