|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna insist on taking Pierre to visit his father just before he dies?
(a) She is an interfering woman.
(b) She wants to meet Prince Vasili and ingratiate herself to him again.
(c) She wants to be sure that Pierre is his father's sole heir, and if she helps him, he will help Boris.
(d) She is bored at the Rostovs' dinner.
2. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
(a) It is the old Count's birthday.
(b) It is the name day of the Countess and her daughter, Natasha.
(c) It is Natasha's birthday.
(d) It is Oktoberfest.
3. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
(a) Pride and gluttony and humility and temperance.
(b) Greed and envy and generosity and patience.
(c) Illness and remorse and kindness and health.
(d) Idleness and superstition and activity and intelligence.
4. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) Emperor Francis
(b) Napoleon Buonaparte.
(c) Prince Bagration.
(d) General Mack.
5. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
(a) The need for the letter requesting Pierre's legitimacy to be found in his papers along with a new will making Pierre sole heir.
(b) The fact that none of them want Pierre to inherit if they don't inherit from the Count.
(c) Whether or not Anna should go to see the Count.
(d) That Catiche and her sisters should inherit most as they have cared for the Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
2. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
3. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
4. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
5. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)