|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
(b) He's been caught with the money.
(c) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(d) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
2. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
(a) He is indifferent because his father has not made him a legitimate son.
(b) He is angry that his father has not made him legitimate.
(c) He accepts it as something that must happen.
(d) He is happy that he will no longer be under his father's scrutiny and judgment.
3. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
(a) He ignores her and walks away.
(b) He asks their steward to bring 700 rubles.
(c) He gets furious and calls her a spendthrift.
(d) He begins to weep because they don't have it to spare.
4. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(b) The French are firing at them.
(c) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(d) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
5. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
(a) Marry a wealthy woman.
(b) Never marry.
(c) Study etiquette and the social graces.
(d) Join the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
2. Princess Mary wishes to speak to Andrew before he leaves about a specific request. What is it?
3. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
4. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
5. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)