|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
(a) Idleness and superstition and activity and intelligence.
(b) Pride and gluttony and humility and temperance.
(c) Illness and remorse and kindness and health.
(d) Greed and envy and generosity and patience.
2. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
(a) He goes to Moscow.
(b) He returns to Kutuzov.
(c) He returns home.
(d) He goes to find the French.
3. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
(a) She wants Boris to meet the Count.
(b) She wants Boris personally to thank Prince Vasili, a close relative of Pierre's father, who is also there to see the Count.
(c) She hopes that Pierre's father is well enough to acknowledge Boris if only in his Will.
(d) She wants to ask Pierre's father to lend her money.
4. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She doesn't hear her.
(b) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(c) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
(d) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
5. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
(a) He wants her to be an educated woman who is not just schooled in the arts.
(b) He wants her to continue his work on his inventions.
(c) He wants her to be brilliant.
(d) He wants the order of mathematics to drive the nonsense out of her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
2. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
3. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
4. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
5. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)