|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna insist on taking Pierre to visit his father just before he dies?
(a) She wants to meet Prince Vasili and ingratiate herself to him again.
(b) She wants to be sure that Pierre is his father's sole heir, and if she helps him, he will help Boris.
(c) She is an interfering woman.
(d) She is bored at the Rostovs' dinner.
2. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
(a) It is the old Count's birthday.
(b) It is Oktoberfest.
(c) It is Natasha's birthday.
(d) It is the name day of the Countess and her daughter, Natasha.
3. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
(a) He is happy that he will no longer be under his father's scrutiny and judgment.
(b) He accepts it as something that must happen.
(c) He is indifferent because his father has not made him a legitimate son.
(d) He is angry that his father has not made him legitimate.
4. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
(a) Her great aunt.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
5. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
(a) Prince Vasili.
(c) Anna's relative.
(d) Prince Andrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
2. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
3. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
4. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
5. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)