|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
(a) He is indifferent because his father has not made him a legitimate son.
(b) He is happy that he will no longer be under his father's scrutiny and judgment.
(c) He accepts it as something that must happen.
(d) He is angry that his father has not made him legitimate.
2. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
(a) She is annoyed.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She is happy and excited.
(d) She is afraid.
3. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
(a) He listens to what he says, is happy, but seems to be speaking according to a script.
(b) He is happy to hear news of victory.
(c) He pays virtually no attention to anything Andrew has to say, asking only irrelevant questions.
(d) He is very upset about casualties in the Austrian army.
4. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
(a) She is known as a former great beauty.
(b) She is known as a woman of good sense and unadorned speech.
(c) She is known as a woman of wealth and rank.
(d) She is known for her horrible temper.
5. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
(a) He wants to tell Kutuzov that the Russians aren't needed.
(b) He is telling Kutuzov that he has lost to the French.
(c) He wants to ask Kutuzov for provisions.
(d) He and Kutuzov are good friends and he wants to greet him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
2. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
3. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
4. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
5. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)