|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
(a) He goes to find the French.
(b) He returns home.
(c) He goes to Moscow.
(d) He returns to Kutuzov.
2. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
(a) He follows Denisov's command to do nothing about it.
(b) Nicholas goes to find the thief and catches him spending some of it.
(c) He goes out and celebrates.
(d) He follows the man who stole it and beats him senseless for such outrageous behavior.
3. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
(a) He attacks them immediately.
(b) He does nothing until the following day when he attacks.
(c) He writes to Napoleon requesting advice.
(d) He offers a cease fire for three days so he can attack them all at once.
4. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
(b) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
(c) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
(d) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
5. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(b) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
(c) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
(d) She doesn't hear her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
2. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
3. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
4. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
5. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)