|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
(a) That Catiche and her sisters should inherit most as they have cared for the Count.
(b) Whether or not Anna should go to see the Count.
(c) The fact that none of them want Pierre to inherit if they don't inherit from the Count.
(d) The need for the letter requesting Pierre's legitimacy to be found in his papers along with a new will making Pierre sole heir.
2. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
(a) It is Natasha's birthday.
(b) It is the name day of the Countess and her daughter, Natasha.
(c) It is the old Count's birthday.
(d) It is Oktoberfest.
3. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
(a) She is known for her horrible temper.
(b) She is known as a former great beauty.
(c) She is known as a woman of good sense and unadorned speech.
(d) She is known as a woman of wealth and rank.
4. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
(a) She waits for Boris to follow her.
(b) She's waiting for Nicholas to follow Sonya so that she can see what they do.
(c) She isn't waiting; she is merely hiding from her friends.
(d) She's waiting for the guests to leave.
5. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
(b) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(c) She doesn't hear her.
(d) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
2. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
3. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
4. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
5. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)