|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
(b) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
(c) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
(d) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
2. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) The French are firing at them.
(b) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(c) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(d) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
3. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He needs an adjutant.
(b) He wants to keep an eye on him.
(c) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
(d) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
4. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
(a) He goes to Moscow.
(b) He returns to Kutuzov.
(c) He returns home.
(d) He goes to find the French.
5. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
(a) That he cheats at cards.
(b) That he is a womanizer.
(c) That he is abusive to his father.
(d) That his friends are poorly chosen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
2. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
3. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
4. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
5. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)