|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(a) General Schmidt.
(b) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
(c) The Emperor Francis.
2. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
(a) Illness and remorse and kindness and health.
(b) Idleness and superstition and activity and intelligence.
(c) Pride and gluttony and humility and temperance.
(d) Greed and envy and generosity and patience.
3. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
(a) The need for the letter requesting Pierre's legitimacy to be found in his papers along with a new will making Pierre sole heir.
(b) Whether or not Anna should go to see the Count.
(c) The fact that none of them want Pierre to inherit if they don't inherit from the Count.
(d) That Catiche and her sisters should inherit most as they have cared for the Count.
4. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
(b) Prince Andrew.
(c) Prince Vasili.
(d) Anna's relative.
5. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
(a) She isn't waiting; she is merely hiding from her friends.
(b) She's waiting for Nicholas to follow Sonya so that she can see what they do.
(c) She's waiting for the guests to leave.
(d) She waits for Boris to follow her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
2. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
3. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
4. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
5. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)