|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
(b) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
(c) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
(d) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
2. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) The French are firing at them.
(b) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(c) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(d) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
3. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
(b) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
(c) He wants to keep an eye on him.
(d) He needs an adjutant.
4. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
(b) He's been caught with the money.
(c) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(d) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
5. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
(a) He and Kutuzov are good friends and he wants to greet him.
(b) He wants to ask Kutuzov for provisions.
(c) He wants to tell Kutuzov that the Russians aren't needed.
(d) He is telling Kutuzov that he has lost to the French.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
2. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
3. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
4. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
5. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)