|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna insist on taking Pierre to visit his father just before he dies?
(a) She wants to meet Prince Vasili and ingratiate herself to him again.
(b) She is bored at the Rostovs' dinner.
(c) She is an interfering woman.
(d) She wants to be sure that Pierre is his father's sole heir, and if she helps him, he will help Boris.
2. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He wants to keep an eye on him.
(b) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
(c) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
(d) He needs an adjutant.
3. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
(a) He gets furious and calls her a spendthrift.
(b) He begins to weep because they don't have it to spare.
(c) He ignores her and walks away.
(d) He asks their steward to bring 700 rubles.
4. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her great aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
5. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
(a) She's waiting for the guests to leave.
(b) She isn't waiting; she is merely hiding from her friends.
(c) She waits for Boris to follow her.
(d) She's waiting for Nicholas to follow Sonya so that she can see what they do.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
2. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
3. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
4. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
5. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)