|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) The French are firing at them.
(b) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(c) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(d) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
2. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
(a) He returns to Kutuzov.
(b) He returns home.
(c) He goes to find the French.
(d) He goes to Moscow.
3. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
(a) She is annoyed.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She is happy and excited.
4. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
(a) That he is a womanizer.
(b) That he cheats at cards.
(c) That his friends are poorly chosen.
(d) That he is abusive to his father.
5. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He wants to keep an eye on him.
(b) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
(c) He needs an adjutant.
(d) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
Short Answer Questions
1. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
2. What does Nicholas do after it is discovered that Denisov's money has been stolen?
3. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
4. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
5. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)