|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
(a) He wants her to continue his work on his inventions.
(b) He wants the order of mathematics to drive the nonsense out of her head.
(c) He wants her to be brilliant.
(d) He wants her to be an educated woman who is not just schooled in the arts.
2. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) The French are firing at them.
(b) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(c) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(d) They all want to get across to get their tea.
3. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
(a) He wants to tell Kutuzov that the Russians aren't needed.
(b) He and Kutuzov are good friends and he wants to greet him.
(c) He is telling Kutuzov that he has lost to the French.
(d) He wants to ask Kutuzov for provisions.
4. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(b) She doesn't hear her.
(c) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
(d) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
5. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
(b) General Schmidt.
(c) Prince Hippolyte Kuragin.
(d) The Emperor Francis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
2. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
3. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
4. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
5. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)