|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Princess Mary wishes to speak to Andrew before he leaves about a specific request. What is it?
(a) She wants him to carry an icon around his neck to protect him in battle.
(b) She asks him to accept Mlle. Bourienne as her friend.
(c) She wants him to help her get away from their father.
(d) She asks him to forgive his wife.
2. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
(a) Idleness and superstition and activity and intelligence.
(b) Illness and remorse and kindness and health.
(c) Greed and envy and generosity and patience.
(d) Pride and gluttony and humility and temperance.
3. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
(a) He wants to keep an eye on him.
(b) He wants Andrew to keep command of the troops as he (Kutuzov) is elderly.
(c) He knew Andrew's father and knows Andrew to be a good soldier.
(d) He needs an adjutant.
4. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
(b) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
(c) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
(d) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
5. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
(a) Study etiquette and the social graces.
(b) Marry a wealthy woman.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Never marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
2. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
3. Why does General Mack go to Kutuzov's camp?
4. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
5. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)