|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
(a) He is indifferent because his father has not made him a legitimate son.
(b) He accepts it as something that must happen.
(c) He is happy that he will no longer be under his father's scrutiny and judgment.
(d) He is angry that his father has not made him legitimate.
2. Where does Andrew go after leaving Brunn?
(a) He goes to find the French.
(b) He returns home.
(c) He goes to Moscow.
(d) He returns to Kutuzov.
3. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
(b) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
(c) She doesn't hear her.
(d) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
4. Elisabeth talks about going to the country while Andrew is off to war. How does she feel about being with his father and sister?
(a) She is afraid.
(b) She is happy and excited.
(c) She is annoyed.
(d) She is indifferent.
5. General Kutuzov does not want his troops to present themselves to the Austrian general in their great coats. Why?
(a) He wants to impress on the general how unprepared they are for war.
(b) He wants the general to see how worn out their boots are from marching so far.
(c) He wants the general to see that they are cold.
(d) He wants to insult the general by showing he does not care enough to present his troops in the best condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
2. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
3. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
4. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
5. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)