|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(a) Captain Tushin.
(b) Boris Drubetskoy.
2. Princess Mary wishes to speak to Andrew before he leaves about a specific request. What is it?
(a) She wants him to help her get away from their father.
(b) She asks him to forgive his wife.
(c) She wants him to carry an icon around his neck to protect him in battle.
(d) She asks him to accept Mlle. Bourienne as her friend.
3. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) The French are firing at them.
(b) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(c) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(d) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
4. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
(a) The need for the letter requesting Pierre's legitimacy to be found in his papers along with a new will making Pierre sole heir.
(b) That Catiche and her sisters should inherit most as they have cared for the Count.
(c) Whether or not Anna should go to see the Count.
(d) The fact that none of them want Pierre to inherit if they don't inherit from the Count.
5. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her great aunt.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
2. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
3. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
4. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
5. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)