|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(b) The French are firing at them.
(c) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(d) They all want to get across to get their tea.
2. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
(a) He accepts it as something that must happen.
(b) He is angry that his father has not made him legitimate.
(c) He is indifferent because his father has not made him a legitimate son.
(d) He is happy that he will no longer be under his father's scrutiny and judgment.
3. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
(a) That he is a womanizer.
(b) That his friends are poorly chosen.
(c) That he is abusive to his father.
(d) That he cheats at cards.
4. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She doesn't hear her.
(b) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
(c) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(d) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
5. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
(a) He wants her to be brilliant.
(b) He wants her to be an educated woman who is not just schooled in the arts.
(c) He wants the order of mathematics to drive the nonsense out of her head.
(d) He wants her to continue his work on his inventions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
2. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
3. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
4. Who does Andrew stay with when he goes to Brunn?
5. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)