|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
(a) His accusing a fellow officer of theft could disgrace his regiment.
(b) He is being used as an example for other troublemakers.
(c) He's been caught with the money.
(d) His commanding officer wants to humble him as he thinks he's too proud.
2. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) The French are firing at them.
(b) They all want to get across to get their tea.
(c) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(d) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
3. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
(a) He is indifferent because his father has not made him a legitimate son.
(b) He is angry that his father has not made him legitimate.
(c) He is happy that he will no longer be under his father's scrutiny and judgment.
(d) He accepts it as something that must happen.
4. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
(a) It is Oktoberfest.
(b) It is the old Count's birthday.
(c) It is the name day of the Countess and her daughter, Natasha.
(d) It is Natasha's birthday.
5. Who does Anna Pavlovna wish for each newcomer to her soiree to speak with?
(a) Her great aunt.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Murat sees the Russian forces gathering he thinks it is the entire Army. What does he do upon seeing this?
2. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
3. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
4. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
5. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)