|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) General Mack.
(b) Emperor Francis
(c) Napoleon Buonaparte.
(d) Prince Bagration.
2. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
(a) Idleness and superstition and activity and intelligence.
(b) Greed and envy and generosity and patience.
(c) Illness and remorse and kindness and health.
(d) Pride and gluttony and humility and temperance.
3. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
(a) Whether or not Anna should go to see the Count.
(b) The need for the letter requesting Pierre's legitimacy to be found in his papers along with a new will making Pierre sole heir.
(c) That Catiche and her sisters should inherit most as they have cared for the Count.
(d) The fact that none of them want Pierre to inherit if they don't inherit from the Count.
4. There is a lot of confusion on the bridge as the Russians try to cross it. What is their rush?
(a) The French are firing at them.
(b) They are trying to isolate the French so that the Austrian army will have them cornered.
(c) They want to burn the bridge before the French get to it.
(d) They all want to get across to get their tea.
5. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(b) Boris Drubetskoy.
(d) Captain Tushin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
2. Why does Kutuzov request Andrew to work with him?
3. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna want to take Boris to visit Pierre's father, Count Bezuhov?
4. What does Count Rostov do when his wife asks him for a large sum of money, 500 rubles?
5. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)