|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 9-12 | Part 2, Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Princess Mary wishes to speak to Andrew before he leaves about a specific request. What is it?
(a) She wants him to carry an icon around his neck to protect him in battle.
(b) She asks him to forgive his wife.
(c) She wants him to help her get away from their father.
(d) She asks him to accept Mlle. Bourienne as her friend.
2. After leaving the Bolkonski's home, Pierre considers going home or going out with friends. Andrew has advised against his going out with his friends. Why does he not want Pierre to go?
(a) Andrew knows they will drink too much and associate with badly behaved women.
(b) It is after one o'clock in the morning.
(c) He likes to control the docile Pierre.
(d) He is jealous of Pierre's friends and their fun.
3. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
(a) He wants her to be an educated woman who is not just schooled in the arts.
(b) He wants the order of mathematics to drive the nonsense out of her head.
(c) He wants her to continue his work on his inventions.
(d) He wants her to be brilliant.
4. How does Maria Dmitrievna respond to Natasha's insolence at the dinner table?
(a) She tells her to sit down and be quiet.
(b) She doesn't hear her.
(c) She tells her she is having carrot ice for dessert and laughs at her.
(d) She severely rebukes her for being so rude.
5. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) Napoleon Buonaparte.
(b) Prince Bagration.
(c) General Mack.
(d) Emperor Francis
Short Answer Questions
1. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
2. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
3. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
4. When Pierre goes to Anna Pavlovna's soiree, he is especially delighted to see...
5. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)