|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 15, Chapters 1-8 | Part 15, Chapters 9-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kutuzov's staff explain their plan to cut off the French on the road to Smolensk to him?
(a) They detail the plan heavily hoping that he will appreciate their military genius.
(b) They do not communicate with him, they just do it.
(c) They don't explain anything, but merely tell him they will abide by his request.
(d) They send an envelope with a blank piece of paper in it.
2. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
(a) He is happy that he will no longer be under his father's scrutiny and judgment.
(b) He is indifferent because his father has not made him a legitimate son.
(c) He is angry that his father has not made him legitimate.
(d) He accepts it as something that must happen.
3. How does Nicholas react to Mary when he arrives at Bogucharovo?
(a) He is too busy to think about her.
(b) He is sorry for her.
(c) He is struck by her eyes and sees this as a romantic situation.
(d) He is embarrassed for intruding on her mourning.
4. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
(a) He tells her in front of them that he does not approve of it and never to do it again.
(b) He tells her that it is quite becoming.
(c) He gets angry with her and tells her to leave his sight.
(d) He pays no attention to it as he is not interested in such "feminine" things.
5. What makes Nicholas decide to return home on leave?
(a) Sonya writes to him saying she is releasing him from his promise to marry her.
(b) The countess begs him to come home to cheer up Natasha.
(c) His mother writes him a pleading letter.
(d) His father writes to him saying that he is afraid Mitenka, their steward, is cheating him but does not know how to prove it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Count Orlov-Denisov and his Cossacks try to engage the French?
2. Why is Petya forbidden by his general to take part in Denisov's action when he sends Petya with a dispatch for him?
3. Prince Vasili in the beginning of Part 3 is described as...
4. How is the death of Bagration received in St. Petersburg?
5. Pierre receives two letters, one from Helene and another form his mother-in-law begging for Helene to come to live with him again. What is his response?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)