Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10, Chapters 1-7 | Part 10, Chapters 8-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Count Rostopchin?
(a) A court official appointed by Alexander to get the aristocracy out of Moscow.
(b) The governor of Moscow.
(c) A general under Kutuzov sent to keep order in Moscow as the French advance.
(d) A busybody who throws his weight around.
2. What is Maria Dmitrievna's reputation in Russian social circles?
(a) She is known as a woman of good sense and unadorned speech.
(b) She is known as a woman of wealth and rank.
(c) She is known as a former great beauty.
(d) She is known for her horrible temper.
3. Vera and Berg hold their first party. Who comes?
(a) Pierre, the Rostovs, Boris, a general, a colonel, Andrew, and some others.
(b) Pierre, the Rostovs, and Berg's superior officers.
(c) The Bezukhovs, Boris, some of Berg's military connections and the Rostovs.
(d) The Count and Countess Rostov, the Bezukhovs, Berg's colonel, and Boris.
4. How does the Emperor receive Andrew's news about the battle?
(a) He is happy to hear news of victory.
(b) He is very upset about casualties in the Austrian army.
(c) He listens to what he says, is happy, but seems to be speaking according to a script.
(d) He pays virtually no attention to anything Andrew has to say, asking only irrelevant questions.
5. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
(a) Dolokhov wins 800,000 Rubles.
(b) Dolokhov wins 43,000 Rubles.
(c) Nicholas wins 43,000 rubles.
(d) Nicholas wins 4,300 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Napoleon say to Balashev after dinner about Alexander?
2. Pierre is shown a section of Revelations by one of his fellow Masons which corresponds with Napoleon. What does he find in reading it?
3. After the affair of the stolen money, why is Nicholas ordered to apologize to his regiment?
4. Natasha receives a letter. What does it say and who is it from?
5. At the club dinner, what is Pierre so preoccupied with that he doesn't hear what is being said to him?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)