Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapters 1-7 | Part 6, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas goes to Tilsit to request a pardon for Denisov. To whom does he initially appeal and how is he received?
(a) He goes to his general who tells him that Denisov is clearly guilty and must face the consequences.
(b) He first approaches his general who says he will do all he can to help.
(c) At first he asks Boris to help him through Boris' general and Boris tells him it would be better for him to apply for the pardon through his commander of the corps.
(d) He first approaches Boris who is happy to help Denisov because of Denisov's connections.
2. The Rostovs are celebrating at their home in the very beginning of Book One. What is the reason for entertaining guests?
(a) It is Oktoberfest.
(b) It is Natasha's birthday.
(c) It is the name day of the Countess and her daughter, Natasha.
(d) It is the old Count's birthday.
3. What does Pierre reflect upon after the duel with Dolokhov?
(a) That he hopes Helene still loves him and will have his child after all this.
(b) That he is totally to blame and he prays that Helene will forgive him for his profound error.
(c) That he has, so he thinks, killed a man for a depraved woman whom he has never loved.
(d) That he is unfortunate for having so foul a temper that he would challenge someone he considers to be a good man and friend to a duel.
4. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
(a) Pride and gluttony and humility and temperance.
(b) Illness and remorse and kindness and health.
(c) Idleness and superstition and activity and intelligence.
(d) Greed and envy and generosity and patience.
5. What sort of reputation does Princess Mary have as a prospective wife?
(a) She is regarded as very wealthy but very plain.
(b) She is regarded as very beautiful which makes up for her moderate fortune.
(c) She is regarded as extremely intelligent and socially adept.
(d) She is regarded as ugly and not particularly pleasant, but rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Princess Mary's "God's Folk"?
2. Boris goes to visit the Rostovs. What does he think of Natasha?
3. How does Pierre feel after the death of his father?
4. What does Pierre do when he goes to St. Petersburg?
5. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)