|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 1-5 | Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Count Rostov react when he hears about Nicholas' card game?
(a) He is pleased that Nicholas has won so much money.
(b) He pays no attention; he is preoccupied with a problem with his steward.
(c) He is excited as he had feared Nicholas would ask him for more money but with such a large win, Nicholas will not need it.
(d) He initially is agitated but regains his composure, says it will be difficult to raise the money, and leaves the room.
2. At the Rostov's, the people gossip about Pierre. What do they say about him?
(a) That he cheats at cards.
(b) That he is abusive to his father.
(c) That his friends are poorly chosen.
(d) That he is a womanizer.
3. Nicholas is patrolling the lines. What is running through his mind?
(a) He is terrified that he may be shot and wishes he had not been given this duty.
(b) He is excited about the prospect of being in combat and perhaps distinguishing himself for the Tsar.
(c) Various disconnected thoughts as he struggles not to fall asleep.
(d) He is in a foul temper as he is cold, hungry, and is missing the comforts of home.
4. What do Anna Mikhaylovna, Prince Vasili and Catiche argue about outside of the old Count's room?
(a) The fact that none of them want Pierre to inherit if they don't inherit from the Count.
(b) The need for the letter requesting Pierre's legitimacy to be found in his papers along with a new will making Pierre sole heir.
(c) That Catiche and her sisters should inherit most as they have cared for the Count.
(d) Whether or not Anna should go to see the Count.
5. Who does Andrew hear and see shortly after the first shot before the action at Schon Grabern?
(a) Captain Tushin.
(c) Boris Drubetskoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the card game with Dolokhov and Nicholas, who wins and how much?
2. Where does Pierre go the day after his duel?
3. Why does Anna Mikhaylovna insist on taking Pierre to visit his father just before he dies?
4. What does Pierre reflect upon after the duel with Dolokhov?
5. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)