Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 5-8 | Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Princess Mary has her hair done in a different style for the guests. How does her father react to her?
(a) He tells her that it is quite becoming.
(b) He pays no attention to it as he is not interested in such "feminine" things.
(c) He tells her in front of them that he does not approve of it and never to do it again.
(d) He gets angry with her and tells her to leave his sight.
2. At his home, what advice does Prince Andrew give to Pierre?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Study etiquette and the social graces.
(c) Marry a wealthy woman.
(d) Never marry.
3. Who does Tolstoy refer to as Andrew's hero after the battle at Schon Grabern?
(a) Prince Bagration.
(b) Emperor Francis
(c) General Mack.
(d) Napoleon Buonaparte.
4. Nicholas goes to visit Boris. How does the visit go for him?
(a) He gets drunk with Boris and Berg and enjoys himself immensely.
(b) He is amazed at the changes in Boris and wishes to work on the staff as Boris does, planning to use a letter that will help him.
(c) He begins to brag about his action during Schon Graben and is cut short by Andrew who notices that he is bragging.
(d) He brags about his experience in the charge and the fact that everyone is very impressed with him, especially Prince Andrew.
5. Why does Prince Bolkonsky insist on teaching Mary geometry?
(a) He wants her to be brilliant.
(b) He wants the order of mathematics to drive the nonsense out of her head.
(c) He wants her to continue his work on his inventions.
(d) He wants her to be an educated woman who is not just schooled in the arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Prince Bolkonsky react to Prince Vasili and Anatole's visit?
2. The Tsar goes to Olmutz to review the troops. How does Nicholas react when he sees him?
3. Natasha goes into the conservatory to hide when her family is first introduced. What is she waiting for?
4. What happens to Nicholas during the battle at Schon Grabern?
5. Prince Nicholas Bolkonsky believes in only two vices and two virtues. What are they?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)